What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Nobody can ever put it into words. Especially if they've seen his last 4-5 games of the season.
I haven't seen many clearly expressed concerns, either. -The size thing is there - I get that. I don't mind his size or view it as a negative, but it's there. -The running style comments don't add up to me. He's not a bruiser at all. He can be, but he always looks to make people miss, and do so at a great rate.-The O-line argument is a cop out; are we just going to ignore everyone with a weekly talent advantage on their roster, especially at O-line? We would have missed out on The U backs (Gore, Willis, Portis), Peterson, Trent, Martin, and so on. That is what happens when you go to the best football teams in the country. On the other side, you play the LSU, Florida, Georgia, SCAR level defenses too. -To add to that, there is plenty of evidence that Lacy is not a system/O-line product. -Speed? I don't see it. He looks faster than Ingram and will run about what Doug Martin did, despite being bigger. Very fast for his size.-Ingram/Yeldon/Richardson. Cop out. Those are the concerns I have heard, and they really don't add up to me. My concerns, because he's not perfect: his footwork - while strong, especially for his size - can be sloppy at times. His initial burst is great for his size, but will it translate to the NFL? Can he be a 3rd down back? His hands look good, but they weren't tested much - did have a couple drops. His blocking was just okay, considering his size/strength. He can get a bit upright at times. He's a legit 1st round prospect, in my opinion. And I thought and said so before I saw a single mock with him going in the first.
I agree with all that you said. Let me add though that he looks like Michael Bush with a little more explosiveness. I liked Bush so that's not a bad thing but I don't see an elite back in him either. I do think he's inconsistent and he doesn't look comfortable as a receiver.
michael bush is 6'1" 245lbs (which may be a bit kind imo)... lacy is 5'11" 230lbs... lacy is big, but he isn't that big. bush is more of a plodder and is lacking an all around game to be compared to a guy like lacy. i don't like the comparison whatsoever.

Nobody can ever put it into words. Especially if they've seen his last 4-5 games of the season.
I haven't seen many clearly expressed concerns, either. -The size thing is there - I get that. I don't mind his size or view it as a negative, but it's there.

-The running style comments don't add up to me. He's not a bruiser at all. He can be, but he always looks to make people miss, and do so at a great rate.

-The O-line argument is a cop out; are we just going to ignore everyone with a weekly talent advantage on their roster, especially at O-line? We would have missed out on The U backs (Gore, Willis, Portis), Peterson, Trent, Martin, and so on. That is what happens when you go to the best football teams in the country. On the other side, you play the LSU, Florida, Georgia, SCAR level defenses too.

-To add to that, there is plenty of evidence that Lacy is not a system/O-line product.

-Speed? I don't see it. He looks faster than Ingram and will run about what Doug Martin did, despite being bigger. Very fast for his size.

-Ingram/Yeldon/Richardson. Cop out.

Those are the concerns I have heard, and they really don't add up to me. My concerns, because he's not perfect: his footwork - while strong, especially for his size - can be sloppy at times. His initial burst is great for his size, but will it translate to the NFL? Can he be a 3rd down back? His hands look good, but they weren't tested much - did have a couple drops. His blocking was just okay, considering his size/strength. He can get a bit upright at times.

He's a legit 1st round prospect, in my opinion. And I thought and said so before I saw a single mock with him going in the first.
I agree with all that you said. Let me add though that he looks like Michael Bush with a little more explosiveness. I liked Bush so that's not a bad thing but I don't see an elite back in him either. I do think he's inconsistent and he doesn't look comfortable as a receiver.
michael bush is 6'1" 245lbs (which may be a bit kind imo)... lacy is 5'11" 230lbs... lacy is big, but he isn't that big. bush is more of a plodder and is lacking an all around game to be compared to a guy like lacy. i don't like the comparison whatsoever.
Bush was a bigger back, but he

I haven't seen many clearly expressed concerns, either. -The size thing is there - I get that. I don't mind his size or view it as a negative, but it's there.

-The running style comments don't add up to me. He's not a bruiser at all. He can be, but he always looks to make people miss, and do so at a great rate.

-The O-line argument is a cop out; are we just going to ignore everyone with a weekly talent advantage on their roster, especially at O-line? We would have missed out on The U backs (Gore, Willis, Portis), Peterson, Trent, Martin, and so on. That is what happens when you go to the best football teams in the country. On the other side, you play the LSU, Florida, Georgia, SCAR level defenses too.

-To add to that, there is plenty of evidence that Lacy is not a system/O-line product.

-Speed? I don't see it. He looks faster than Ingram and will run about what Doug Martin did, despite being bigger. Very fast for his size.

-Ingram/Yeldon/Richardson. Cop out.

Those are the concerns I have heard, and they really don't add up to me. My concerns, because he's not perfect: his footwork - while strong, especially for his size - can be sloppy at times. His initial burst is great for his size, but will it translate to the NFL? Can he be a 3rd down back? His hands look good, but they weren't tested much - did have a couple drops. His blocking was just okay, considering his size/strength. He can get a bit upright at times.

He's a legit 1st round prospect, in my opinion. And I thought and said so before I saw a single mock with him going in the first.
Bush was a bigger back, but he

you're right, he just looks like a plodder because he doesn't bend his knees when he runs. i'd hazard to guess, EVERY nfl personnel man in the league right now would say Lacy is a much better prospect than michael bush ever was though. beside them being (not really) the same size, there isn't much to compare between the two in my eyes.

'cstu said:
I haven't seen many clearly expressed concerns, either. -The size thing is there - I get that. I don't mind his size or view it as a negative, but it's there. -The running style comments don't add up to me. He's not a bruiser at all. He can be, but he always looks to make people miss, and do so at a great rate.-The O-line argument is a cop out; are we just going to ignore everyone with a weekly talent advantage on their roster, especially at O-line? We would have missed out on The U backs (Gore, Willis, Portis), Peterson, Trent, Martin, and so on. That is what happens when you go to the best football teams in the country. On the other side, you play the LSU, Florida, Georgia, SCAR level defenses too. -To add to that, there is plenty of evidence that Lacy is not a system/O-line product. -Speed? I don't see it. He looks faster than Ingram and will run about what Doug Martin did, despite being bigger. Very fast for his size.-Ingram/Yeldon/Richardson. Cop out. Those are the concerns I have heard, and they really don't add up to me. My concerns, because he's not perfect: his footwork - while strong, especially for his size - can be sloppy at times. His initial burst is great for his size, but will it translate to the NFL? Can he be a 3rd down back? His hands look good, but they weren't tested much - did have a couple drops. His blocking was just okay, considering his size/strength. He can get a bit upright at times. He's a legit 1st round prospect, in my opinion. And I thought and said so before I saw a single mock with him going in the first.
He looks shiftier than Bush to me, although pre-injury Louisville Michael Bush is pretty much erased from my memory bank.

'cstu said:
He looks shiftier than Bush to me, although pre-injury Louisville Michael Bush is pretty much erased from my memory bank.
He is shifter and he has a nice spin move that he does without losing much momentum or losing his balance. I'm probably judging him too harshly because he's going as the 1.01 and I don't think he's as good players who usually get picked that high.How about Ridley as a comp? Lacy is a slightly bigger and maybe a little faster but they look similar to me.

He has great footwork. He looks like a 4.6 Fred Taylor; I'm not sure how I feel about that. Fred had shiftiness and speed at 230 which set him apart.

Fred Taylor was a taller RB, 6'1".

Lacy is more like Chris Ivory/Tim Hightower.

After learning that Lacy won't be running at his pro-day - how much concern does that give you as a potential dynasy owner?

My only concern is that teams wanted to see specific numbers on him, and he won't be able to provide them. I am not worried about the injury itself, just the timing.

It will be interesting to see where he lands, and how much this hurts his stock.

Eddie Lacy Draft Profile

Overview

Lacy was a four star recruit coming out of high school, when he chose Alabama over Oklahoma, Tennessee, Mississippi, Mississippi State and LSU. He played only seven games during his senior year due to injuries, but still managed 1,046 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns. Lacy earned LSWA 5A All-State honors after rushing for 1,800 yards and 26 touchdowns as a junior in 2007.

Lacy started off his career with a redshirt in 2009. The following year, Lacy logged 56 carries for 406 yards and six touchdowns. He was also a part of Alabama’s kickoff coverage unit. As a redshirt sophomore, Lacy carried the ball 95 times for 674 yards and seven touchdowns.

In 2012, Lacy became the feature back for the Tide, and did not let the opportunity pass him by. In 14 games, Lacy registered 204 carries, 1,322 yards, and 17 touchdowns. He also caught 22 passes for 189 yards and two touchdowns. Lacy had 26 runs of 12 yards or greater. His performance earned him a first-team All-SEC selection.

Analysis

Strengths

Powerful, workhorse back type of build. Strong lower body, consistently runs through tackles. Patient, allows his blocks to develop. Light on his feet, able to make quick, fluid moves. Plays with good pad level and balance. Not afraid to finish a run with contact, often falls forward. Shows some agility and elusiveness in space. Decent hands out of the backfield.

Weaknesses

Doesn't always make the best decisions as a runner, will miss openings. Not tremendously dynamic. Inconsistent as a blocker, doesn't attack his target.

NFL Comparison Frank Gore

Bottom Line

Lacy has the build and the talent to be a starting running back in the NFL. He plays with light feet, and great balance, yet he still runs with a lot of power. While he's not a tremendously fast guy, he has more than enough tools to compensate. One thing that Lacy will have to improve going forward is his blocking.

After learning that Lacy won't be running at his pro-day - how much concern does that give you as a potential dynasy owner? My only concern is that teams wanted to see specific numbers on him, and he won't be able to provide them. I am not worried about the injury itself, just the timing. It will be interesting to see where he lands, and how much this hurts his stock.
he's just not participating in bama's pro-day that was scheduled this week. everything i've read says that he'll be rescheduling for a later date.

Yeah, he'll hold his own pro day. If he can't do that before the draft because of this hammy, then I'll be worried.

I think he's a mid 2nd/early 3rd type talent but will be drafted a bit higher due to such a weak rb class.
What keeps him from being a legit 1st rounder? What is he lacking, in your opinion?
I think someone might jump into the late first to snag him, if they have a need and he's high enough on their draft board. Especially with how the draft is set up now.
Niners have a late first,early second..kind of need a RB to eventually replace Gore..they have the best O-line in the NFL..I imagine Lacey would be a beast in a Niners uniform.

I think he's a better RB than Mark Ingram (who I didn't/don't particularly like at the NFL level), but nowhere near the talent that Richardson was.

If you put him in last years class, lacy would likely be the 1.6-1.8 pick in ff rookie drafts after trent, luck, rg3, martin, blackmon and maybe floyd/wilson. In dynasty, he is certainly not worth the 1.1 pick. This is a year where I would trade that pick away.

I think lacey is benefiting from trent and ingram in some ways. Also, the lattimore injury helped his stock.

Was hoping to wait for his pro day, or info from a team visit before writing Lacy up but it sounds like we may not get that and I wanted to get something done.

Definitely a risky guy given his early draft status. Without the numbers to back up the tape it's hard to know if he's living off the fat of the land, like Montee Ball, or if he's the real deal. IMO we'll have to wait to see how the NFL evaluates him via his draft position to know for sure, but I think he's probably a solid player.

If you put him in last years class, lacy would likely be the 1.6-1.8 pick in ff rookie drafts after trent, luck, rg3, martin, blackmon and maybe floyd/wilson. In dynasty, he is certainly not worth the 1.1 pick. This is a year where I would trade that pick away.I think lacey is benefiting from trent and ingram in some ways. Also, the lattimore injury helped his stock.
The typical draft isn't going to measure up to last year. Most drafts don't have a quarterback worthy of a top 5 dynasty pick, let alone 2. Also, suggesting he is behind Martin is bit of an assumption; they're very similair as prospects, at this point. A lot of drafts saw Martin go ahead of Blackmon, as well. He'd likely be in the mix at 1.03-1.05 in PPR formats, and 1.02-1.04 in standard formats. Ingram, Spiller, Best, Moreno, Brown, Wells, McFadden, Stewart, Mendenhall...1st round runningback are usually very good bets to be top 3-4 dynasty picks. The only exception, really, is when a class offers a lot of said 1st round NFL RBs (2008), or RG3/Luck happen(2012).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's a mid 2nd/early 3rd type talent but will be drafted a bit higher due to such a weak rb class.
What keeps him from being a legit 1st rounder? What is he lacking, in your opinion?
I think someone might jump into the late first to snag him, if they have a need and he's high enough on their draft board. Especially with how the draft is set up now.
Niners have a late first,early second..kind of need a RB to eventually replace Gore..they have the best O-line in the NFL..I imagine Lacey would be a beast in a Niners uniform.
Not that they wont,. but SF has burned early picks on RBs the past 2 seasons in LM James and Hunter. but SF has alot of picks and can afford to take whomever they want.

combine/pro day injuries didnt de-rail Crabtree/Blackmon/Decker from early draft picks. The Tape is there for Lacy

There is plenty of tape consisting of Lacy creating yardage, independent of his line.
You posted this a couple of times in this thread. Care to share your favorite 3-5 clips where Lacy is particularly adept at creating yardage for himself?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHq1-5FiAZMFirst two carries. In the third he "drags" for extra yardage. Fourth he breaks a tackle. Fifth he carries guys for a TD. 1:33 mark he makes a tackler miss. 1:47 mark he gets about 10 yards after initial contact. 2:07 mark. Breaks a tackle at 2:26. 3:07 is a good example. Breaks two tackles at 3:19. 3:26 he shows great vision, patience, and burst. 3:37 is one of my favorites; breaks two tackles on one run. 4:07, he makes guy miss in the backfield with a nice jump-cut, then breaks two more tackles. Everyone remembers 4:19. 4:23 is an NFL run. 4:41 is the circle button.

There is plenty of tape consisting of Lacy creating yardage, independent of his line.
You posted this a couple of times in this thread. Care to share your favorite 3-5 clips where Lacy is particularly adept at creating yardage for himself?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHq1-5FiAZMFirst two carries. In the third he "drags" for extra yardage. Fourth he breaks a tackle. Fifth he carries guys for a TD. 1:33 mark he makes a tackler miss. 1:47 mark he gets about 10 yards after initial contact. 2:07 mark. Breaks a tackle at 2:26. 3:07 is a good example. Breaks two tackles at 3:19. 3:26 he shows great vision, patience, and burst. 3:37 is one of my favorites; breaks two tackles on one run. 4:07, he makes guy miss in the backfield with a nice jump-cut, then breaks two more tackles. Everyone remembers 4:19. 4:23 is an NFL run. 4:41 is the circle button.
Thx CC. Extremely helpful video and breakdown.

Thx CC. Extremely helpful video and breakdown.
No problem. There's also footage of more typical "make something out of nothing" runs, they're just in the game videos, rather than the highlights. Runs where he is stuffed, and finds 2 or 3 yards that weren't blocked for him.

After learning that Lacy won't be running at his pro-day - how much concern does that give you as a potential dynasy owner?

My only concern is that teams wanted to see specific numbers on him, and he won't be able to provide them. I am not worried about the injury itself, just the timing.

It will be interesting to see where he lands, and how much this hurts his stock.
Its enough of a concern for me that I would take Bernard and Bell ahead of him situation being equal.

...and it's worth pointing out that the only unranked teams he's up against in that whole highlight reel are Mizzou and Auburn. Tons of those runs were against LSU, Georgia, and ND... top tier teams with plenty of defenders between them that will be playing on Sundays.

Its enough of a concern for me that I would take Bernard and Bell ahead of him situation being equal.
That seems like a pretty huge overreaction to me. There's plenty of tape on Lacy.

That seems like a pretty huge overreaction to me. There's plenty of tape on Lacy.
:goodposting: I've watched a lot of tape of lacy and Bernard and quite frankly I don't even think they're in the same category

:goodposting: I've watched a lot of tape of lacy and Bernard and quite frankly I don't even think they're in the same category
For me, I'd like to know what kind of athlete I'm getting. If Lacy were to have a Jarvis Jones type poor workout, most would change their opinion in spite of "the tape." Lacy skipped the combine and his pro day. Seems like he is hiding something.I personally preferred Bell to Lacy pre-combine. Though I expected a little better, Bell combine was good. Good enough that I wouldn't move Lacy past him without having Lacy's workout results. I look at Lacy and see Beanie Wells with much greater agility. If he could post workout numbers similar to Beanie, I'd move him to #1.

I think we all seem to forget that lacy played in a better all around offense than trent did. 2011 Bama leaned on trent he was by far the dominant ballcarrier and the passing offense wasnt as open. This year, lacy only had ballpark 30 more carries than a freshman (yeldon) and bama was a little more open offensively. Couple that with the fact that lacy is a 2 down player while trent easily can play all 3, and idk how the two are even in the same conversation as prospects.

As far as lacy goes in this draft, i dont think using a 1st round pick on a back is wise if he cant play all 3 downs and doesnt have homerun ability. In todays nfl, its become easier to just find a couple guys who fit your system.

Last point, to give this some perspective, wouldnt lacy have been a distant 4th to trent, martin, and wilson last year? I just dont see how lacy in the first is justifiable unless a team is reaching for a need. And like i said, if youre looking for a 2 down runner, there are guys you can get later.

I think we all seem to forget that lacy played in a better all around offense than trent did. 2011 Bama leaned on trent he was by far the dominant ballcarrier and the passing offense wasnt as open.
I don't think we need to discredit Lacy to say Trent was the better prospect. I personally think it is a lot closer than most. But Trent was an elite prospect and a top 3 NFL pick. Lacy's production measures up to anyone's, including Trent's, however. We don't need to find a reason why his YPC was higher than Trent's. Their situations were about as close as it can get.
This year, lacy only had ballpark 30 more carries than a freshman (yeldon) and bama was a little more open offensively. Couple that with the fact that lacy is a 2 down player while trent easily can play all 3, and idk how the two are even in the same conversation as prospects.
What does Yeldon have to do with anything? There is plenty of footage of Lacy, and he was plenty productive, more productive than Yeldon, who is a great prospect himself. Seems like a reach to suggest it somehow hurts Lacy, the starting RB for Bama. Also, Lacy was a 3 down back and used just as Trent was, in that regard.
As far as lacy goes in this draft, i dont think using a 1st round pick on a back is wise if he cant play all 3 downs and doesnt have homerun ability. In todays nfl, its become easier to just find a couple guys who fit your system.
Doug Martin lacks homerun ability. He has plenty of long runs, as does, and will, Lacy. But that is a result of the rest of their game, not their speed. Same as Arian Foster and plenty of quality NFL backs.
Last point, to give this some perspective, wouldnt lacy have been a distant 4th to trent, martin, and wilson last year? I just dont see how lacy in the first is justifiable unless a team is reaching for a need. And like i said, if youre looking for a 2 down runner, there are guys you can get later.
No. He would be behind Trent and right next to Martin and Wilson. He's a fringe 1st round draft prospect, just like the other two were, and ending up being. There are reasonable concerns to have about Lacy, especially until he provides some numbers. But some of the things use to discredit him are a little odd, in my personal opinion.

I'd definitely put Lacy behind Wilson and he's not close to Martin. Martin has much better short area quicks and better pad level.

Last point, to give this some perspective, wouldnt lacy have been a distant 4th to trent, martin, and wilson last year?
No
In my book yes he would have been no better than 4th pre-draft, distant from Trent and Martin but not far from Wilson and not far ahead of Pead. I do take into account where and when a player is drafted so post draft this might have changed but nothing would have made him close to Trent or Martin and he might have fallen to 5th behind Pead.

Last point, to give this some perspective, wouldnt lacy have been a distant 4th to trent, martin, and wilson last year?
No
In my book yes he would have been no better than 4th pre-draft, distant from Trent and Martin but not far from Wilson and not far ahead of Pead. I do take into account where and when a player is drafted so post draft this might have changed but nothing would have made him close to Trent or Martin and he might have fallen to 5th behind Pead.
I think you're overrating both where Martin and Wilson stood pre-draft. Both were regarded as late or fringe 1st NFL prospects. Which is exactly what Lacy is regarded as.

No
I think you're overrating both where Martin and Wilson stood pre-draft. Both were regarded as late or fringe 1st NFL prospects. Which is exactly what Lacy is regarded as.
I believe the point is that Lacy is unjustly regarded as such.

I'd definitely put Lacy behind Wilson and he's not close to Martin. Martin has much better short area quicks and better pad level.
Yeah, order will depend on preference. But he's widely accepted as a borderline 1st round pick, just like Wilson, Miller, and Martin, at this point last year - ahead of Polk, who was ahead of everyone else. Standard leagues, I would have taken Lacy at RB2. PPR, it would be a lot closer, with he, Wilson, and Martin very bunched closely.

Unjustly? We're talking about the very same people who had Wilson and Martin as borderline first round draft picks. You don't agree with it, which is fine, but calling it unjust is a bit arrogant.

Unjustly? We're talking about the very same people who had Wilson and Martin as borderline first round draft picks. You don't agree with it, which is fine, but calling it unjust is a bit arrogant.
I don't see how its arrogant, I'm certainly not touting myself as an elite scout of talent. I'm simply saying that just because the "same people" rank Lacy in this particular class around where those guys were doesn't make it right. And it certainly doesn't make them similar prospects or talents. The class that a player is in is a huge determining factor in where he is projected to go.

No
No sir I am not overrating either of those two pre-draft, specifically Martin. I fell in love with Martin during the Senior Bowl. I had the #2 pick in a rookie draft and was eyeballing him with that spot as soon as the conclusion of the senior bowl. Certainly I got lucky that I guy I liked fell into a good landing spot but that's about where I had him rated. Now pre-Senior bowl yes Martin was no where close to being on my radar as high as #2.My view on Wilson never changed. I like him but never put him in that class as Martin because I only play in PPR leagues and don't love RB's that don't project as big pass catchers but I like him because I do love young RB's with blazing speed. I thought he actually had a below average landing spot as Bradshaw was not old and the system there seems to favor a 1-2 punch at RB so Wilson ending up on the Giants did not increase his stock IMO. That being said there were rookie drafts last year I'd have selected Wilson as high as 1.3 but never ended up landing him.

I view pick 1 this year about the same as I viewed pick 6 or 7 last year.

And to me Lacy might be decent, but he is nothing special, not close to any kind of elite talent at all IMO.

I would also agree with people saying he shouldnt be a 1st round pick. I would be pissed in my home town team, regardless of my RB situation, took this guy in the 1st or even the top half of the 2nd.

And as far as rookie drafts, I really don't think it's any forgone conclusion that Lacy will be some unanimous #1 pick. Landing spots could very well determine the draft order, which doesnt same much for the talent available

'amicsta said:
'Concept Coop said:
'amicsta said:
I don't see how its arrogant, I'm certainly not touting myself as an elite scout of talent. I'm simply saying that just because the "same people" rank Lacy in this particular class around where those guys were doesn't make it right. And it certainly doesn't make them similar prospects or talents. The class that a player is in is a huge determining factor in where he is projected to go.
You just seem to be suggesting your opinion is more than just that. They are similar prospects, thus talents, according to the large majority of those paid to follow the draft. That's what we're talking about; not your individual opinion on the players.

He lacked elusiveness in college also. Bush has good straight ahead speed and some power but subtle cuts and changing direction are not part of his skill set.I do not see those limitations in Lacy's game.

'amicsta said:
I think Lacy would have been in a 2nd tier with Wilson for a lot of people. Some people really value size in a RB however and I could see some of those people liking Lacy better than Martin. Martin and Richardson to me are both very close to the ideal that I look for in a RB prospect.About the only negative I can think of for Lacy is that he seems to seek a lot of contact and that could lead to a higher risk of injury. But he wins enough of these collisions that he keeps doing it is a good quality to have in a RB, that leads to broken tackles and yards after contact. This is not a negative for me really with Richardson or Peterson or other RBs with this play style. It is just worth noting that the play style does increase contact and therefore risk of injury. Part of the reason I favor RBs who are slashers that can make defenders miss is that also reduces the violent hits they take compared to RBs who are seeking contact. In that way I think Martin may be the safest of these 4 RB I would still rather have Richardson.

'amicsta said:
'Concept Coop said:
'amicsta said:
You just seem to be suggesting your opinion is more than just that. They are similar prospects, thus talents, according to the large majority of those paid to follow the draft. That's what we're talking about; not your individual opinion on the players.
To support your argument. Scounts Inc Grades97 Trent Richardson90 Doug Martin89 Eddie Lacy84 David Wilson

'amicsta said:
'Concept Coop said:
'amicsta said:
I dont see how it's arrogant. It's moreso a suggestion (IMO) that NFL teams will overdraft players based on need at times, or even other factors (see Tim Tebow, see Jamarcus Russell).Every draft is different, adn team needs are always differetn. There HAS to be 32 1st rounders taken, whether there are 32 legit 1st round talents or not.I don't like Lacy is a 1st round talent, or even 2nd round talent actually.

I dont see how it's arrogant. It's moreso a suggestion (IMO) that NFL teams will overdraft players based on need at times, or even other factors (see Tim Tebow, see Jamarcus Russell).Every draft is different, adn team needs are always differetn. There HAS to be 32 1st rounders taken, whether there are 32 legit 1st round talents or not.I don't like Lacy is a 1st round talent, or even 2nd round talent actually.
Overdraft? The draft hasn't happened. Not really sure what point you're trying to make, or what Lacy has to do with Tim Tebow or Jamarcus Russell.

Overdraft? The draft hasn't happened. Not really sure what point you're trying to make, or what Lacy has to do with Tim Tebow or Jamarcus Russell.
Simple. I was agreeing with the other guy that Lacy shouldn't be a 1st round NFL pick. It's possible Lacy could go in the first, but I would consider it a reach, likely by team with a glaring hole at RB. Hence, overdrafted based on need.I am fully aware the draft has not happened yet (I think anyway). Lacy has nothing to do with Tebow or Russell directly. However, they were overdrafted for whatever reason (most said it at the time, so not like I am making it up with hindsight), and it's possible Lacy is overdrafted by a team needing a RB real bad and willing to reach on him.It's my view of him. I simply don't view him as a legit 1st round NFL talent, I don't view him nearly as high as I did Richardson or even Martin coming out of college. Closer to Wilson, but still clearly behind Wilson.Just because Wilson/Martin were regarded by some guy as a late 1st rounder, and also that same guy rank Lacy as a late 1st in this draft, doesnt mean he rates Lacy the same as Wilson and Martin. It means he thinks he could get drafted around the same time they did.....................but since every draft class is different, that doesn't eman he ranks them the same based on talent alone. Now if he DOES, then I would take issue with that, cause I sure don't. And it seems many, if not a large majority, don't either.

Simple....
All you've said is that you don't think he's worth a first round pick. As I said, that is not the conversation we were having. It is pretty clearly documented that those paid to follow the draft, Scouts Inc., Mel Kiper, Gregg Cosell, etc, feel he is a borderline first round pick, just like they felt about Martin and Wilson. Cosell called him a top 5 underclassment in this draft; I'm going take his word over anyone's in this conversation. You disagree with them - that's fine. That doesn't make them wrong. Or you wrong, for that matter. His future production will decide that.

and it's not like those guys put up super impressive combine numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread