What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

I have to pick two of Jennings, Rainey, Stacy, Lacy. Leaning Jennings and Stacy at this point, based on matchups.

I know most of you don't care, but I just illustrate my options to kind of give some idea about his value for some folks. He's not the top 5 option he was at the start of the Bears game. The box is stacked and his line isn't good enough to create space. He will certainly get the goalline opportunities, but I fear they are few and far between without Rodgers.

Rotoworld:

Packers RBs coach Alex Van Pelt isn't worried about Eddie Lacy being overworked.
Van Pelt doesn't believe Lacy is headed for a rookie wall. "It happens more mentally than physically, I think, just the beatings and you start to drag a little bit," Van Pelt said. "We always address it, we talk about it. ... "I don’t see that he’s hitting the wall at all." Lacy is averaging a whopping 22 carries per game since returning from his concussion in Week 5, but has managed just 2.63 yards per carry in the two games Aaron Rodgers has missed. His upside will continue to take a hit until Rodgers returns.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Rotoworld:

Packers RBs coach Alex Van Pelt isn't worried about Eddie Lacy being overworked.

Van Pelt doesn't believe Lacy is headed for a rookie wall. "It happens more mentally than physically, I think, just the beatings and you start to drag a little bit," Van Pelt said. "We always address it, we talk about it. ... "I dont see that hes hitting the wall at all." Lacy is averaging a whopping 22 carries per game since returning from his concussion in Week 5, but has managed just 2.63 yards per carry in the two games Aaron Rodgers has missed. His upside will continue to take a hit until Rodgers returns.

Could I steal the Coach quote, add my own analysis, and pass it off as journalism?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first RB in awhile that I have come into the season pretty high about and still woefully missed the boat. I undervalued him by a ton, despite liking him a lot. Just seems like his perceived value has swung wildly in a few months because I can remember talking him up just a while back and getting a lot of "curb your enthusiasm" replies. Now it seems everyone loves him. That will probably overinflated his value in the off season.

Why is Lacy's value a concern with Tolzein as QB but Stacy's value is skyrocketing with Clemmens as his QB?

Why is Lacy's value a concern with Tolzein as QB but Stacy's value is skyrocketing with Clemmens as his QB?
The actual production, maybe? Stacey has been a top RB; Lacey clearly has struggled since their game vs. the porous Bears D (when Rodgers got hurt).

The actual production, maybe? Stacey has been a top RB; Lacey clearly has struggled since their game vs. the porous Bears D (when Rodgers got hurt).
Need to keep in mind that this isn't just these two guys being compared in a vacuum..or shouldn't be at least.

Clemmens is a journeyman QB but he is capable of filling in. The Rams also have all their other players and, most importantly, their speedy field-stretchers.

The packers are down Rodgers, down Finley, down Cobb, down o-linemen, down Lbs, down secondary.

Teams can't play Stacy exclusively like they can Lacy. That's the difference.

I think I just answered my own thought son this thread. I hadn't really paid attention to how much the Packers have lost this year.

Next year, with all these guys back healthy, Lacy should be a bull in a china shop. He is doing well against loaded defenses. It might be fun to watch him next year when he finds himself trucking along one-on-one out there on a highway with nothing except one DB out there to roadblock him.

Shutout said:
I think I just answered my own thought son this thread. I hadn't really paid attention to how much the Packers have lost this year.

Next year, with all these guys back healthy, Lacy should be a bull in a china shop. He is doing well against loaded defenses. It might be fun to watch him next year when he finds himself trucking along one-on-one out there on a highway with nothing except one DB out there to roadblock him.
1400 total/12 next year is my floor for him. I like him a lot. Had him ranked #3 in rookies this year, and have finally adjusted using the BPA method no matter what the need the past 3 years. Has worked wonders...

Rotoworld:

Packers RBs coach Alex Van Pelt confirmed Eddie Lacy will continue to be Green Bay's go-to running back.

The Packers about a month back hinted at a "hot hand scenario" with James Starks, but over Green Bay's last two games Lacy has 42 touches compared to Starks' seven. "If you can do the perfect math," Van Pelt said, Lacy would handle 20 carries, Starks five and Johnathan Franklin five. If the game is on the line, Lacy "will be the one carrying the ball." Despite a two-week lull without Aaron Rodgers under center, Lacy remains an RB1 in fantasy.

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy rushed for 110 yards and one touchdown on 25 carries in the Packers' 26-26, Week 12 tie with the Vikings.
Lacy was a man in this one, just like he's been in every game as a rookie. He caught all six of his targets out of the backfield for an additional 48 yards. Lacy mustered just four yards on his first four carries but took off thereafter. He consistently powered through Minnesota's sieve-like run defense, running over defenders in the process. One of his most impressive runs of the day was on a fourth-and-one. Lacy appeared to be stuffed for a three-yard loss, but sheer will and determination led him through a few arm tackle attempts on his way to a first down. The Packers aren't worried about overworking their powerful rookie back. The Lions are up next on the schedule on Thanksgiving Day. Detroit has been playing pretty stout run defense of late.

I just wonder how many Broncos fans (and maybe GMs) are thinking they wish they would have drafted him right now.

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy watched video of Adrian Peterson to see how to handle eight-man boxes.

Since Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) has been sidelined, teams have been selling out to stop Lacy. The Vikings did it as well on Sunday, but the rookie still gashed them for 110 yards and a touchdown on 25 carries despite a brief battle with asthma. "[Peterson] is very patient, but even with his patience he has great explosion," Lacy said. "As soon as he finds it, he's hitting it like zero-to-60 really fast. I'm trying to work on the zero-to-60 part." Fat Eddie is a beast even with Scott Tolzien/Matt Flynn, but he'll be an absolute monster once Rodgers gets back.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Anyone astounded and shocked as I am that lacy has asthma that gets really bad according to him in COLD TEMPERATURES? Green Bay gets cold no? This is huge imo.

Eddie Lacy left Vikings-Pack game because of asthma

By Kevin Patra

Around the League writer

The Green Bay Packers had the ball with a chance to mount a game-winning drive against the Minnesota Vikings late in overtime, but star running back Eddie Lacy was not on the field when it counted.

The Fox announcing crew of Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch seemed shocked to see the rookie runner walking back to the sideline without a sense of urgency.

Asthma turned out to be the reason he wasn't on the field near the end of overtime, Lacy told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. The 19-degree weather -- the coldest game Lacy has ever played in -- aggravated his condition.

"It's worse in the winter time," Lacy said. "I've had it since I was little. Sometimes it's worse than others."

Lacy played high school football in Louisiana and college ball in Alabama, so the bitter chills of Lambeau Field were a new challenge.

"And it's going to get worse, I think," Lacy chuckled after the 26-26 tie.

The Packers have two December home games remaining, and they end the season with a trip to Soldier Field to face the Chicago Bears, so the condition is something the rookie plans to keep an eye on.

Prior to being forced out, Lacy was the pounding back we had seen prior to Aaron Rodgers' injury.

The rumbling runner returned to his tackle-breaking form, something he struggled to do the past couple of weeks. He finished with 110 yards on 25 carries and caught six passes for 48 yards (both career highs in the passing game).

The Packers are indoors this week when they take on the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving with the NFC North lead on the line. Regardless of who starts the game, Rodgers or Matt Flynn, the Packers should feed Lacy a lot on turkey day.

The latest "Around the League Podcast" broke down Patriots-Broncos and every Week 12 game.

Anyone astounded and shocked as I am that lacy has asthma that gets really bad according to him in COLD TEMPERATURES? Green Bay gets cold no? This is huge imo.
you are right on brohan you should trade him away as fast as you can and if we are in the same league you should trade him to me for a bag of moldy tangerines which are better than there name implies if that helps you mak ethe decision take that to the south beach bank brohans

I have cold air induced asthma. Nothing a simple spray of the albuterol doesnt take care of. This is a non-factor.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Tuesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy hinted Eddie Lacy will be in for his normal workload against the Lions.

"He's going to play a lot," McCarthy said of his rookie back, who missed some time in Sunday's tie after his asthma flared up. "Ran a bunch Sunday. He knows what he has to do to get ready for the game." Lacy's asthma hadn't been an issue before, and isn't a concern going forward. Lacy is on the RB1 borderline against Detroit's solid run defense.

Source: Tyler Dunne on Twitter

Jamey Eisenberg just hinted in a waiver wire article that there are conflicting reports out there that he might have hurt a rib in the game. Have the locals heard anything at all about this?

I was thinking this might be the type of day for him today but at least you know it's not the norm and it's fairly easy to see why this happened.

BusterTBronco said:
BusterTBronco said:
No. I do not like Eddie Lacy.
yeah this is his fault
Yeah, stupid comment. This one is not on Lacy. Lions front is dominating (should have been expected) & Flynn is holding the ball too long. And not enough called passing plays to Lacy
Stat line sez 10 carries, 16 yards, no touchdowns.

Goodbye!
Goodbye who? What? You throwing him to the waiver wire? His career over?

You're taking fake football way too seriously. Players have down games deal with it.

Yeesh, kids these days.

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy was first hit at or before the line of scrimmage on nine of his 10 carries in the Thanksgiving loss to the Lions.

The 10-carry, 16-yard disaster was a combination of two main factors. The Lions quietly have been dominant against the run this year, ranking third in the league at 82.7 yards allowed per game. And the absence of Aaron Rodgers allowed stacked boxes. Lacy gets a dream matchup at home against the Falcons in Week 14, putting him back on the borderline RB1 radar. If Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) suits up, Lacy will become an elite RB1 option.

Source: Justin Rogers on Twitter

The whole team needs Rodgers, it's ridiculous. Having both Lacy and Nelson are such boom and busts right now, you can't count on them. Rodgers comes back and you need to feel good about your chances.

since Rodgers has gone down Lacy scored 20 vs Bears (post-injury), 10 vs Eagles, 12 vs Giants, 28 vs Vikings and the 5 point debacle vs Lions. Lions are probably the best run defense in the NFL, so averaging 15 PPG is still pretty solid for playing with those jokers at QB. you absolutely can still count on Lacy in your lineup. Only way I could see benching him is if you had picked up Andre Brown to go with your stud like Charles and can only play 2 RBs

since Rodgers has gone down Lacy scored 20 vs Bears (post-injury), 10 vs Eagles, 12 vs Giants, 28 vs Vikings and the 5 point debacle vs Lions. Lions are probably the best run defense in the NFL, so averaging 15 PPG is still pretty solid for playing with those jokers at QB. you absolutely can still count on Lacy in your lineup. Only way I could see benching him is if you had picked up Andre Brown to go with your stud like Charles and can only play 2 RBs
I'm usually in the minority on these things, but I really don't see him putting up much this week without Rodgers. He's a power back that can punish defenses when they are kept honest. He's out of my lineup right now for Rainey. THat could change, but that's how I feel. I'd even consider Stacy but the matchup isn't great.

I'm usually in the minority on these things, but I really don't see him putting up much this week without Rodgers. He's a power back that can punish defenses when they are kept honest. He's out of my lineup right now for Rainey. THat could change, but that's how I feel. I'd even consider Stacy but the matchup isn't great.
why for Rainey? Lacy has still scored 15 PPG since Rodgers went down and now gets the atrocious Falcons defense which Rainey had his 40 point game against. look at Falcons last 6 games against for opposing RBs just on the ground:

Cardinals: 192 yards, TD

Panthers: 109 yards, TD

Seahawks: 191 yards, TD

Bucs: 182 yards, 2 TD

Saints: 109 yards

Bills: 192 yards, 2 TD

Lacy's hit 100 in 2/5 games since Rodgers went down and has a great shot of doing so again this week vs Falcons with a TD. obviously if Rodgers plays he is one of the best plays of the week, but even without him he is a top 4 or 5 play

I think if you are considering benching him this week you are over thinking it fools.....Rodgers or no Rodgers.

Last week was an exception not the norm.

ATL just let Buffalo run all overthem without a passing game to speak of and now ti will be thier 2nd week in a row on the road.

Not worried at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacy has shown and proven to be an elite type of talent with the way he runs. While he is young he is a big factor for offenses no matter how many are in the box.

Playing against a Detroit team in Detroit on Thanksgiving with revenge on their mind, I'm not saying it has an impact on the field persay, but it could have an impact in the hearts of how hard players play. the extra steps more focus, it matters and yes we have seen proof that players dont always give their all.

So those factors for the Detroit line can play heavy into stopping a team or player the focus on.

Lacy should be a must start, although I say that and I am considering benching him for Vereen. lol

Has anyone else noticed a significant difference in Lacy's numbers playing on grass as opposed to the three games he's played this year on turf? It's enough of a difference to make me wonder if this is the start of a noteworthy trend when considering to start him or not.

Before you bench Lacy against ATL b/c of what happened against DET, take a look at what Rainey did to ATL one week and DET the next.

Before you bench Lacy against ATL b/c of what happened against DET, take a look at what Rainey did to ATL one week and DET the next.
Why did you have to say that? I had just convinced myself to put him on the bench until Rodgers returns.

Why did you have to say that? I had just convinced myself to put him on the bench until Rodgers returns.
its all about the matchups

ATL is awful against the run, regardless of QB behind center, and I cant see Benching Lacy at home vs them

DET is very good at stopping the run, have kept starting RBs under 50 yards rushing in like 8 straight or something.

Users who are viewing this thread