What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Before you bench Lacy against ATL b/c of what happened against DET, take a look at what Rainey did to ATL one week and DET the next.
Why did you have to say that? I had just convinced myself to put him on the bench until Rodgers returns.
its all about the matchups

ATL is awful against the run, regardless of QB behind center, and I cant see Benching Lacy at home vs them

DET is very good at stopping the run, have kept starting RBs under 50 yards rushing in like 8 straight or something.
Indeed. DET has been very tough against the run in recent weeks and those not paying attention or paying too much attention to the Thanksgiving turkey (like yours truly) paid the price.

Like I said, Rainey was the play here. Too bad I listened to you dopes. I also consider myself a dope and didn't start Rainey.

Lacy, we need you big fella.

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy admitted his ankle bothered him in the second half of Sunday's win over the Falcons.
The Packers strangely handed the ball to Lacy with only a few seconds left in the first half while on their own 22-yard line. He rolled his ankle on the meaningless play and limped into the locker room. Lacy returned after missing a couple series, but wasn't himself. "I definitely couldn't push off of it as much as I wanted to," the rookie said. "I could feel it whenever I ran and, if I was healthy, I could have broken a couple of tackles. But I couldn't because I couldn't push off." Lacy might need some practice time off ahead of the Week 15 game against the Cowboys.

Source: Fox Sports Wisconsin

Hope they rest him up some and it does not flare up.

Even hurting the guy was running hard and took a few opportunities to turn back into contact rather than running out of bounds.

Wished they would have given him that short TD rather than throwing to Quarless there late though.

Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers

Speaking Monday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said it was "too early to tell" on Eddie Lacy's (ankle) Week 15 status.

Lacy played through the injury in Sunday's loss, but was ineffective, admitting afterward that he wasn't himself. The fact that Lacy retook the field against the Falcons is a strong sign he's avoided a high-ankle sprain, but it sounds like he'll be 50-50 for Week 15. James Starks would get the start against the Cowboys if Lacy can't go. Lacy's status will be updated no later than Wednesday.

Related: James Starks

Source: Packers on Twitter

Speaking Monday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said it was "too early to tell" on Eddie Lacy's (ankle) Week 15 status.

Lacy played through the injury in Sunday's loss, but was ineffective, admitting afterward that he wasn't himself. The fact that Lacy retook the field against the Falcons is a strong sign he's avoided a high-ankle sprain, but it sounds like he'll be 50-50 for Week 15. James Starks would get the start against the Cowboys if Lacy can't go. Lacy's status will be updated no later than Wednesday.

Related: James Starks

Source: Packers on Twitter
####!

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy admitted his ankle bothered him in the second half of Sunday's win over the Falcons.
The Packers strangely handed the ball to Lacy with only a few seconds left in the first half while on their own 22-yard line. He rolled his ankle on the meaningless play and limped into the locker room. Lacy returned after missing a couple series, but wasn't himself. "I definitely couldn't push off of it as much as I wanted to," the rookie said. "I could feel it whenever I ran and, if I was healthy, I could have broken a couple of tackles. But I couldn't because I couldn't push off." Lacy might need some practice time off ahead of the Week 15 game against the Cowboys.

I don't see how that's "strange." Lots of teams will hand off to their RB to run out the clock at the end of the half....

Now if he doesn't play, I'll have to decide between Starks and Ivory...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking at this matchup against the Cowboys and hoping I would make it to this week. Now may have to insert A. Morris into the lineup if Lacy can't go. And I will be facing the team that may put Starks into the lineup.

Rotoworld:

I don't see how that's "strange." Lots of teams will hand off to their RB to run out the clock at the end of the half....
And if lots of teams jumped off cliffs ...

Bill Barnwell at Grantland has been beating this drum all year (see here for a relevant example; search for "Untremendous Upside"). If you're just running a draw with no intention of moving down the field, why not take a knee instead?

In this case, Packers had just given up a pick-six and got the ball back with 14 seconds left. Here was the sequence:

1. Green Bay Packers at 00:23
  2. 5-M.Bosher kicks 64 yards from ATL 35 to GB 1. 33-M.Hyde to GB 32 for 31 yards (13-D.Johnson).
  3. 1-10-GB 32:-)14) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass incomplete short left to 27-E.Lacy.
  4. 2-10-GB 32:-)11) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass incomplete short right to 27-E.Lacy.
  5. 3-10-GB 32:-)04) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 27-E.Lacy left end to GB 33 for 1 yard (55-P.Worrilow).
  6. END QUARTER 2
Can anyone explain the point of any of those plays, other than McCarthy owning Lacy in fantasy and wanting to boost his stats?

Rotoworld:

Bill Barnwell at Grantland has been beating this drum all year (see here for a relevant example; search for "Untremendous Upside"). If you're just running a draw with no intention of moving down the field, why not take a knee instead?

In this case, Packers had just given up a pick-six and got the ball back with 14 seconds left. Here was the sequence:

2. 5-M.Bosher kicks 64 yards from ATL 35 to GB 1. 33-M.Hyde to GB 32 for 31 yards (13-D.Johnson).
  3. 1-10-GB 32:-)14) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass incomplete short left to 27-E.Lacy.
  4. 2-10-GB 32:-)11) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass incomplete short right to 27-E.Lacy.
  5. 3-10-GB 32:-)04) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 27-E.Lacy left end to GB 33 for 1 yard (55-P.Worrilow).
  6. END QUARTER 2
Can anyone explain the point of any of those plays, other than McCarthy owning Lacy in fantasy and wanting to boost his stats?
Get lucky and break one just long enough to get a FG attempt or a "Hail Mary"

Packers vs. Giants 2010 season (the 15-1 year) Divisional Playoffs. Giants had the ball with 41 seconds left. They get to their own 40 with 15 seconds left. McCarthy calls an idiotic timeout on 3rd and 1. Bradshaw then breaks off a 23 yard run. Next play from the 37? A 37 yard TD pass to Nicks.

Anyone remember the game where McCoy turned his ankle on MNF (might've been TNF?), left the field only to come out and bust off a 60yd TD run... He said he was in pain too after the game, then rested Nd continued to play just fine.

Possibly a similar situation?

Im sure it stiffened up on him more after the game and yesterday.

Just have to see how it responds.

Im sure he is salivating thinking of playing against the D. Hopefully you have Starks ready to go just in case.

sho nuff said:
Rotoworld:

6. END QUARTER 2

Packers vs. Giants 2010 season (the 15-1 year) Divisional Playoffs. Giants had the ball with 41 seconds left. They get to their own 40 with 15 seconds left. McCarthy calls an idiotic timeout on 3rd and 1. Bradshaw then breaks off a 23 yard run. Next play from the 37? A 37 yard TD pass to Nicks.
There were four seconds left. This was going to be the last play no matter what. So unless the play was designed for Lacy to run for a 68 yard TD (or a long run followed by a facemask), it was utterly pointless.

sho nuff said:
Rotoworld:

6. END QUARTER 2

There were four seconds left. This was going to be the last play no matter what. So unless the play was designed for Lacy to run for a 68 yard TD (or a long run followed by a facemask), it was utterly pointless.
Well...thought you asked what the point was of any of their plays which would have started with 14 seconds left.

sho nuff said:
zftcg said:
sho nuff said:
zftcg said:
Rotoworld:

6. END QUARTER 2

Well...thought you asked what the point was of any of their plays which would have started with 14 seconds left.
Sorry, thought you said "break a run", so I was thinking of just the last one.

Anyway, the first two plays were ill-advised. The last play was utterly nonsensical. There was literally nothing to be gained, and, as we've seen, a lot to lose.

Outside of all the bickering and arguing, can anyone post any updates or info they may have gained from local media or beat writers? I assume we will get very little today outside of not practicing.

Outside of all the bickering and arguing, can anyone post any updates or info they may have gained from local media or beat writers? I assume we will get very little today outside of not practicing.
Have not seen anything yet from any of the writers on twitter.

GB likely to keep it pretty hush too...McCarthy is particularly boring in all interviews especially concerning injuries.

Something along the lines of...Eddie was pretty sore after the game and will give it a go xxxxday and see how he is doing the day after.

Going to be a lot of anxious people unless we see him practice Thursday and Friday.

I predict no news of any real worth until 2:30 pm Sunday. Starks is owned in my league but I have Stacy, so not the end of the world. If Starks is out there though, I'd grab him. No way we'll have a good indication of a. whether he'll play and b. what his potential workload will be, until just before GT, IMHO.

What a craptastic week for this to be happening. Felt like he was going to be my savior this weekend...now not so much. :violin:

Eddie Lacy (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

Lacy played through his ankle injury last Sunday, but it may have done more harm than good. Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that it was "too early to tell" whether Lacy would be able to play in Week 15. If Lacy can't go against the Cowboys, James Starks will get the start in his place and have RB2 value.

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter Dec 11 - 1:05 PM

So we've got no practicing today - If no limited practice tomm, it starts to look pretty bad for what was supposed to be a great matchup.

I played a little defense and picked up Starks because my opponent presently has Lacy listed in his starting lineup.

I have Lacy and picked up Starks since Dallas is so porous either one will get good numbers.

I'm thankful Rogers is not going to play this week by all accounts from his response to his activity last week.

I think that makes it a more balanced attack against the Boys since they can be beaten either way. If rogers was

back and even not at full strength, it would be too tempting not for him to go pass happy. Flynn is not rogers and will need the RB's more.

Coach Mike McCarthy said the earliest Eddie Lacy (ankle) will practice is Friday.

Lacy will go through the rehab process Wednesday and Thursday. It's no guarantee he even practices Friday, suggesting he'll be a full-blown game-time decision for Week 15 against the Cowboys. James Starks is Lacy's handcuff.

Source: Jason Wilde on Twitter Dec 11 - 2:15 PM
So it looks like I will not have any new information to go on while trying to decide between playing Keenan Allen or Eddie Lacy/James Stark at Flex this weekend. Great. :kicksrock:

Coach Mike McCarthy said the earliest Eddie Lacy (ankle) will practice is Friday.

Lacy will go through the rehab process Wednesday and Thursday. It's no guarantee he even practices Friday, suggesting he'll be a full-blown game-time decision for Week 15 against the Cowboys. James Starks is Lacy's handcuff.

Source: Jason Wilde on Twitter Dec 11 - 2:15 PM
So it looks like I will not have any new information to go on while trying to decide between playing Keenan Allen or Eddie Lacy/James Stark at Flex this weekend. Great. :kicksrock:
I suupose you have to make the conservative play if you get no clarification. Congrats! You're Gary Kubiak.!

As a Lacy owner who picked up Starks, I'd like him to play, but will be OK if he sits. What I'm most worried about is the nightmare scenario where Lacy plays but is reinjured and/or ineffective, which would waste a plus match-up for both RBs.

Obviously with him not practicing til tomorrow...not much out there.

But McCarthy did say this.

Rob Demovsky@RobDemovsky

1m

MM on Lacy: I feel good about Eddie Lacy, just as far as the feedback from medical staff. He'll be evaluated in the morning.

Mike Vandermause@MikeVandermause

1m

MM: Every injury, particularly ankle injuries, are different. Medical staff feels confident Lacy will be ready to go.
:pray:

Thanks for sharing that

Eddie Lacy in a walking boot
by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com
(03:36 pm ET) Packers running back Eddie Lacy was in a walking boot Thursday.Lacy is dealing with an ankle injury, and will be evaluated Friday to determine if he can practice. Despite the lack of practice this week, head coach Mike McCarthy has been hopeful that Lacy will return Friday.

The 2 worst parts of this.

-Lacy goes tomorrow and is fine...gets the start. Then reaggrivates early.

-Lacy goes some tomorrow...is active...Starks gets at least 50% oft he carries and GL work.

Well...maybe a 3rd of being ok tomorrow, then a late scratch like Bush last week and being the late game screws people that don't have Starks.

Glad I have he and Bush in a league.

Going to hate this weekend.

Walking boot doesnt concern me too much. Teams often do that as an extra precaution. It all comes down to whether he can practice tomorrow or not

At this point we'd be better off if Lacy ia declared out, so we can start Starks with some level of confidence. We're effed if a gimpy Lacy is ineffective.

Eddie Lacy (ankle) returned to Packers practice Friday.
As expected. Lacy went through his rehab phase Wednesday and Thursday and feels good enough to get out there on Friday. Coach Mike McCarthy already expressed optimism in regards to Lacy's status for Week 15 against Dallas. We'd expect Lacy to play, but owners can protect themselves by adding James Starks.

Dang, was hoping actually to have this decision made for me. I know where this is headed. Rodgers will play too and I'll be unable to pull him off the starting lineup...

Dang, was hoping actually to have this decision made for me. I know where this is headed. Rodgers will play too and I'll be unable to pull him off the starting lineup...
Nope, Rodgers out.

Now the decision for Lacy owners is whether you think he will be 100% (or close) and not reinjure for this sweet matchup.

How many are starting both Lacy and Starks? Normally I'd say it's foolish to waste 2 spots on 1 position but this matchup is so good. If Lacy plays great you may have wasted a spot playing starks. If Lacy gets hurt and starks tears it up though, could save your week.

seriously? starting not one but two Packer rb's? Dallas is going to steamroll, and then Flynn/Tolzien will be in garbage time, junk screen mode. complete abandoment of the run. you really want to do this? the starting qb is flynn for heavens sake! :help:

seriously? starting not one but two Packer rb's? Dallas is going to steamroll, and then Flynn/Tolzien will be in garbage time, junk screen mode. complete abandoment of the run. you really want to do this? the starting qb is flynn for heavens sake! :help:
You sure they'll steam roll? Dallas looks really dysfunctional right now. On defense they're a hot mess. Their last 6 games they have let up an average of 161 yards rushing a game. They've also given up an average of 465 yards per game over that stretch.

Even with Flynn in there, I see a Packers desperation win on the road. They have enough talent on offense to move the ball against that defense.

Users who are viewing this thread