What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (3 Viewers)

monk said:
Menace said:
The Bama Curse. It got TRich, Ball, and now Lacy. Ingram is safe....for now
Ball is not Bama - University of Wisconsin

What about Yeldon ... he looks pretty good

So basically the curse only struck TRich
TRich looked good for one year.

Lazy looked good for two years.

Yeldon has looked good for 1/2 a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The coach is talking him up now, saying he's had a good practice and is "bouncing back". We'll see, but I'm starting to be glad I didn't sell low.

I can't start him until I see he is back to form in at least one game.

You just can't trust him right now.

yeah, unfortunately for me, I've gotta start him. Holding my breath that the week off got him right and that this offense starts clicking.

Have the option to start Lacy or Starks. Very important game this week and I am rolling with LACY. I believe this is the week he takes his job back and never looks back.

It's one thing to start a dynamic young backup over an ineffective starter (see: Karlos Williams), but where is the logic in starting an ineffective backup over an ineffective starter?

It's one thing to start a dynamic young backup over an ineffective starter (see: Karlos Williams), but where is the logic in starting an ineffective backup over and ineffective starter?
Who are you talking about?

Lacy is not the starter anymore.

Starks is. And he has been the more effective fantasy back (not a sexy start in the least bit but at least you know he is getting ball out of the gate and if he get's going they will stick with him). I want Lacy to return to what he did the last two seasons.....but you can't start this guy with any confidence until he shows something.....anything other than looking a like slow, fat Ron Dayne clone.

Have the option to start Lacy or Starks. Very important game this week and I am rolling with LACY. I believe this is the week he takes his job back and never looks back.
I hope you are right. RB is my biggest weakness right now. I need Eddie to be the guy I drafted 4th overall. Still, can't roll him out until he gives me reason to.

Lacy showing signs of life......Starks has not sniffed the field in 2/3 series. Lacy ripped off a 27 yard truck run.

Come big boy.....come back to life in time for the playoffs.

[scooter] said:
Todem said:
[scooter] said:
It's one thing to start a dynamic young backup over an ineffective starter (see: Karlos Williams), but where is the logic in starting an ineffective backup over and ineffective starter?
Who are you talking about?
I'm talking about the guy who thinks it's a good idea to start the backup (Lacy) instead of the starter (Starks).
Welp.

Saw the writing on the wall when Starks did squat with his "opportunity". The coach talked Lacy up during practice and Fat Eddie has had time to heal. 20+ carries and 100 yards was the pay off for guys with the nuts to start him. Would like to say I am surprised but I am not. If GB is going to remain competitive they will need to throw less and feed Lacy. Starks was never the starter nor was he better than Lacy at any point this season. It was cute while it lasted. Run this train down the defenses' throats with a full head of steam. That should keep Rodgers upright long enough to hit his mediocre receivers.

Saw the writing on the wall when Starks did squat with his "opportunity". The coach talked Lacy up during practice and Fat Eddie has had time to heal. 20+ carries and 100 yards was the pay off for guys with the nuts to start him. Would like to say I am surprised but I am not. If GB is going to remain competitive they will need to throw less and feed Lacy. Starks was never the starter nor was he better than Lacy at any point this season. It was cute while it lasted. Run this train down the defenses' throats with a full head of steam. That should keep Rodgers upright long enough to hit his mediocre receivers.
This. Starks is a nice COP but the road to the Super Bowl is graded with copious amounts of 27.

I needed to see this type of game to know I can trust him again. He still has a gimpy ankle....very obvious. But Lacy down the stretch can give his owners hope in the FF playoffs.

I really need him to step it up here going forward. This may be the shot in the arm he needed to get going. God bless those who had the balls to start him this week. I own him in a dynasty so I have decent depth....but now I can look at him again as a starting RB. This was the type of game I needed to see just once to feel warm and fuzzy about him.

Because he has been brutal all year. He has not run like this all season till now.

I needed to see this type of game to know I can trust him again. He still has a gimpy ankle....very obvious. But Lacy down the stretch can give his owners hope in the FF playoffs.

I really need him to step it up here going forward. This may be the shot in the arm he needed to get going. God bless those who had the balls to start him this week. I own him in a dynasty so I have decent depth....but now I can look at him again as a starting RB. This was the type of game I needed to see just once to feel warm and fuzzy about him.

Because he has been brutal all year. He has not run like this all season till now.
Too bad picking him in the second round essentially doomed me to miss the playoffs already.

"He's too fat" "He's eating himself out of the league" "Id sell him for a empty bag of cheetos"

Hahahahahahaha just bought this mid RB1 ROS for Kamar Aiken and James white last week..... Thanks suckers!!!

Was it really that hard to see him emerging? Like he has every single year down the stretch. Dude is fresh, and healthy & pissed off. Gonna drop about 130 & 2 tds on the bears thursday just so you all know.

Which has been the late season M.O. the past two seasons. Weather changes and Lacy becomes a bludgeoning battering ram. The packers need this, the FF fans needs this.

"He's too fat" "He's eating himself out of the league" "Id sell him for a empty bag of cheetos"

Hahahahahahaha just bought this mid RB1 ROS for Kamar Aiken and James white last week..... Thanks suckers!!!

Was it really that hard to see him emerging? Like he has every single year down the stretch. Dude is fresh, and healthy & pissed off. Gonna drop about 130 & 2 tds on the bears thursday just so you all know.
No actually he is not. He gutted out a great game yesterday. Did you watch the entire game? He had a noticeable limp after every run. And that ankle is heavily taped.

So yeah he is fresh and angry, but he certainly is not healthy. He is not performing anything like he did the last 2 seasons and yesterday was a glimmer of hope. But he can regress in a nano second by turning his ankle again. It is a slippery slope with Lacy this season. You bought a perceived value of a Mid 1st round RB before the season started....he has had a season like a 10th round RB. And you paid market value. He still has not had a first round talent type of game.

Easy there man. You did not steal anything.......yet. I hope you did....I own him as well. But I am not wearing rose colored glasses. I saw a glimpse of the old Eddie last night. He is not all the way back just yet. I would not pound my chest in triumph about it just yet. Win your league because Lacy was a big part....then gloat.

Which has been the late season M.O. the past two seasons. Weather changes and Lacy becomes a bludgeoning battering ram. The packers need this, the FF fans needs this.
Would love nothing more.

Shutout said:
So what's the shark move for next year? Draft him high, cuff him with a fragile back, then leave Lacy on the bench till Thanksgiving?

Or draft someone else, and trade for Lacy around Halloween?

Reading this nonsense makes we kind of hope he fizzles.

And I own him.

Shutout said:
So what's the shark move for next year? Draft him high, cuff him with a fragile back, then leave Lacy on the bench till Thanksgiving?

Shark move is to stay clear...

Shutout said:

Draft him if he falls to where you're comfortable drafting him. He probably falls into the mid second to third round.

After last year, I said I'd NEVER draft Doug Martin again......that concrete thinking didn't help me this year.

Users who are viewing this thread