What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Lacy was flat out dropped in my 14 teamer. I'm trying to get him or Woodhead off of waivers for weeks 15 and 16.

Like the matchup at Oakland week 15.

McCarthy's jr high principal antics actually should have cost them the game (If the lions weren't so God awful rotten).

Is he off detention yet?...I heard McCarthy came to Lacy's hotel room and said the next time he has to come in there he's cracking skulls.
So you don't think there should be any discipline actions for guys that break curfew?
Our resident authoritarian answering the call.. Keep up the good fight
I love this theme that head coaches just do mean things to star players to be judgmental azzhls. I am so sure that Lacy never, ever burnt up a bridge with McCarthy before. I'm sure that McCarthy just hates Lacy 'experimenting' like some 13 year old with alcohol or weed or staying up too late instead of being in his green and gold pj's. Yeah, that's the problem.

Coaches do these things when they think it might affect on-field performance. Lacy has been stinking it up. It's noted above it happened before this too in 2014 and it's probably similar attitude, habits, whatever it is, but McCarthy thinks it's affecting his performance on the field and his teams and his chance as head coach to win now and in the course of this year.

McCarthy and Pettine and Chip Kelly aren't Church Ladies, they don't do these things because they role out of the bed in the morning with a hate-on for partying or poor practice habits.
Like rushing for 100 yards back-to-back? :shrug:

I never said any of that, just giving a Junior a hard time for being our resident authoritarian.. I'll be the resident rebel. Got it?

Forced to start two of Lacy, Sproles and Langford in week one of the playoffs. I'm ####ed.
I wouldn't say that at all.. Depending on the rest of your team of course, but there are many teams who are struggling at RB at the moment. I'm rolling out Ivory & Draughns for a team that finished 11-2

McCarthy's jr high principal antics actually should have cost them the game (If the lions weren't so God awful rotten).

Is he off detention yet?...I heard McCarthy came to Lacy's hotel room and said the next time he has to come in there he's cracking skulls.
So you don't think there should be any discipline actions for guys that break curfew?
Our resident authoritarian answering the call.. Keep up the good fight
I love this theme that head coaches just do mean things to star players to be judgmental azzhls. I am so sure that Lacy never, ever burnt up a bridge with McCarthy before. I'm sure that McCarthy just hates Lacy 'experimenting' like some 13 year old with alcohol or weed or staying up too late instead of being in his green and gold pj's. Yeah, that's the problem.

Coaches do these things when they think it might affect on-field performance. Lacy has been stinking it up. It's noted above it happened before this too in 2014 and it's probably similar attitude, habits, whatever it is, but McCarthy thinks it's affecting his performance on the field and his teams and his chance as head coach to win now and in the course of this year.

McCarthy and Pettine and Chip Kelly aren't Church Ladies, they don't do these things because they role out of the bed in the morning with a hate-on for partying or poor practice habits.
But what about their fantasy owners? Don't these coaches realize they need to throw out all the rules so that we can get our 8.7 points per week?

Where did I say that?
You accused McCarthy of Jr High Principal antics. That implies you have a problem with how it was handled rather than with Lacy breaking the rules.
Little slow on the uptake there jr?

Yes I have a problem with how it was handled....what does that have to do with the question you asked whether there should be any discipline?

You must have gotten punched in the face a lot.
maybe there was more to it than just this one time. The other guy was cut altogether. Seems Lacy was given some slack.I get it, fantasy owners don't care one bit about behavior or following the rules. Nor should they. And im sorry you got stuck with him in your lineup. But your juvenile ranting about how McCarthy handled it just sounds like sour grapes. See the manziel thread for other examples of fans who think rules and discipline are stupid. By the way, Green Bay won the game. I'm sure McCarthy has no ragrets. Especially if Lacy's attitude improves as a result. Even a junior high principal would agree. ;)
I Benched him when I found out half the line was hurt and out. That's twice I've posted that....Evidently you can't read either

Last edited by a moderator:
Forced to start two of Lacy, Sproles and Langford in week one of the playoffs. I'm ####ed.
I wouldn't say that at all.. Depending on the rest of your team of course, but there are many teams who are struggling at RB at the moment. I'm rolling out Ivory & Draughns for a team that finished 11-2
Funny, that's who I'm going against this week. My only saving grace is that I have cam, ODB and Antonio Brown. Running back position this year is pretty ####ed

Where did I say that?
You accused McCarthy of Jr High Principal antics. That implies you have a problem with how it was handled rather than with Lacy breaking the rules.
Little slow on the uptake there jr?

Yes I have a problem with how it was handled....what does that have to do with the question you asked whether there should be any discipline?

You must have gotten punched in the face a lot.
maybe there was more to it than just this one time. The other guy was cut altogether. Seems Lacy was given some slack.I get it, fantasy owners don't care one bit about behavior or following the rules. Nor should they. And im sorry you got stuck with him in your lineup. But your juvenile ranting about how McCarthy handled it just sounds like sour grapes. See the manziel thread for other examples of fans who think rules and discipline are stupid. By the way, Green Bay won the game. I'm sure McCarthy has no ragrets. Especially if Lacy's attitude improves as a result. Even a junior high principal would agree. ;)
I Benched him when I found out half the line was hurt and out. That's twice I've posted that....Evidently you can't read either
Don't believe you. You're much too bitter about everything. But maybe if you insult me a little more, your luck will improve. ;)

From Rotowire:

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday that Lacy looks rejuvenated this week, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. "I think Eddie has been rejuvenated," said McCarthy. "His work was good today. I look for him to have a very good week of practice and look for him to be productive Sunday."

So glad I have other options as a dynasty owner. This situation has devolved into week-by-week doghouse vs. good dog psychological gamesmanship.

From Rotowire:

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday that Lacy looks rejuvenated this week, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. "I think Eddie has been rejuvenated," said McCarthy. "His work was good today. I look for him to have a very good week of practice and look for him to be productive Sunday."
This is all well and good but we'll have to wait until Sunday morning to make sure Lacy doesn't say a bad word or leaves his dirty clothes on the locker room floor and upsets mother McCarthy

If I bench Lacy, he will go for 150 all purpose and two TD's, using this latest benching as motivation to stick it to everyone that doubted him. If I start him, 10 minutes after kickoff it'll be announced that he was caught licking Crisco off of McCarthy's wife's #### and is benched until further notice.

I'll let everyone know ahead of time what my final decision is so you can plan accordingly.

(Reads Ingram news)

(Looks over at Lacy pounding a chili dog on the bench)

(Sighs heavily)

Get in there you fat ####.
LOL!

Was coming in here to say now that it sounds like Ingram is done, now would be a great time for Lacy to do whatever he has to do to get on McCarthy's good side.

unckeyherb said:
If I bench Lacy, he will go for 150 all purpose and two TD's, using this latest benching as motivation to stick it to everyone that doubted him. If I start him, 10 minutes after kickoff it'll be announced that he was caught licking Crisco off of McCarthy's wife's #### and is benched until further notice.

I'll let everyone know ahead of time what my final decision is so you can plan accordingly.
I am so glad I have other options with david Johnson, draughn and yeldon. Lacy is 4th string in a start 2

Alright, let's get serious.

Have the Packers been activating 3 RB's on a weekly basis before last week?

If Crockett is active again I don't think there's any way you can trust Lacy. If he isn't then Lacy's doghouse tenure may be over. He DID have back to back solid games before last week's debacle.

Dallas is going to struggle on offense. GB will probably dominate this game.

Great point about Crockett. I have no idea how GB won that game last week, I don't think the Packers do either. The running game was a mess, I can't imagine they want that again, go with the bellcow, Mike, get the run game back on track and the Packers do better as a whole.

I think we see a healthy dose of Lacy the next 2 weeks. Their offense seemed to actually be decent when they were feeding Lacy the ball. Get him involved and it should make Rodgers' life easier.

As much as I joke about Lacy, I actually think he has a good game this week. Whatever was ailing him previously appears to be gone, as evidenced by his back to back 100 yard games. Based on McCarthy's comments, Lacy is looking 'rejuvenated'. They gotta know without him running the ball they're in trouble-can't rely on hail mary's every week. Dallas' defense is not very good against RB's and like others have mentioned, GB should get up early and feed Lacy lots of carries.

They have some major OLine injuries right now. Too lazy to look up the details.
Very true. Think they were missing the right side of the OL last week.
Right side was out...center went out. Left tackle went out and they were using their last suited up Olineman at LT for one play (a sack).

Wondering if they told Bakhtiari...don't care how much you hurt, get your ### back in there.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/361291541.html

Linsley © still out of practice...Sitton is pretty dinged up but still been playing. Lang and Bulaga coming along slow and could play.

Oline is pretty beat up right now.

Eddie Lacy said he met with coach Mike McCarthy following his benching last week against the Lions.
Lacy said the meeting allowed both to get things out in the open and move forward. McCarthy had nothing but good things to say about Lacy Tuesday, suggesting the back will be given every chance to reclaim his starting spot this week. Lacy will be a risky but high-upside RB2 against the Cowboys.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Dec 10 - 10:36 AM

Just when I thought I was out......they pull me right back in.

Starting him with trepidation and expecting something that will cause him to be on the bench halfway thru the 2nd quarter.

It's not logical or may not be the smartest thing to do but he's in for me.

He's been on my team the past two years and won leagues for me and I just get the thought that, like seasons past, this is his time of the year and I expect him to do it. The Packers need him and he's not the type of personality where he is going to be anything except contrite and get back in there and do his job. So, he's in because I would rather lose with him than try and get cute and get stung the other way.

It's not logical or may not be the smartest thing to do but he's in for me.

He's been on my team the past two years and won leagues for me and I just get the thought that, like seasons past, this is his time of the year and I expect him to do it. The Packers need him and he's not the type of personality where he is going to be anything except contrite and get back in there and do his job. So, he's in because I would rather lose with him than try and get cute and get stung the other way.
That's kind of how I feel. I could get cute and start Sproles over him, but there is just as much unknown with that situation. Gotta roll Lacy out there and hope he's back to form.

Thankfully, I'm on a bye this week, so I get to see how they use him. Although, week to week hasn't mattered much for him this year. But I think they start using him a ton. He should be fresh as long as he's healthy. He's only had over 15 carries 4 times this season. No reason for them to not give him the ball and let him go to town.

I'm starting him this week but I don't like my other options very much either. Murray @ Denver, Blount @ Houston or the rookie D. Parker vs NY Giants. I've been going back and forth on starting Parker but I've been burned a few times playing the match ups vs starting the better player.

Thoughts on playoff schedule?

Vs Dal

@Oak

@AZ

Have to laugh looking at some of his stat lines this year - 0, 0, 0.9, 0.9, 3, 4..... crazy. Owners are a select group to still be alive to talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread