What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (2 Viewers)

Looks like he hasn't lost a pound
This.

Had him last season and watching him tumble across the line of scrimmage for 3 yards and a cloud of powdered donuts made facepalming a sunday ritual. Look up any rookie/soph season Lacy videos and it's almost an unrecognizable player... and to think I thought he looked a tad chubby back then too....

Lacy is going to be a steal this year. The whole offense struggled, but apparently Lacy, who still averaged 4.1 ypc, isn't a bounceback candidate while everyone assumes Rodger will just return to form.

I took Lacy at 1.04 last season and he killed my team.

I missed Lacy this year at 2.09 (he went 2.06) and I was ticked. I thought sure he'd fall further, but he's looking really good. 

That all said, I'm also somewhat mixed on him. Starks proved to be a capable back. Reports said Lacy's weight is down but conditioning is an issue (rotoworld, today actually) I don't see Starks going away, so this is something of a RBBC - how much so is unknown. 

Lacy's biggest value comes from his GL role. 

But Rodgers/Packers love to throw on 1st and goal at the stripe. They get cute with the fade routes to the corner, or the WR screens.  I still think Lacy is a good bet to lead all RBs in TDs, but he's also a good bet to hit the buffet one too many times. 

I'd say he's a perfect RB2 this year. If he performs like we thought he would last year, he'll bounce right back into 1st round discussions for 2017. 

I am a lacy fan, but not a mcarthy fan, was burned last year, and just couldnt grab him again.

good luck lacy owners, add starks to your roster just in case!

Eddie Lacy left Week 5 against the Giants with an ankle injury.
Lacy was injured on a low third-quarter hit. He was shown with his ankle wrapped on the sideline and is listed as questionable to return. Lacy was having a strong game before exiting, rushing for 81 yards on 11 carries. James Starks replaced him in the lineup.

Oct 9 - 10:50 PM

Maybe most frustrating player to own. Guy averages 8 yards a carry and McCarthy hands it to a WR, then a different WR. McCarthy can't see that Starks is ineffective?  Let big ed get in the game flow. Guy was running downhill.

Hoping Seattle signs him next season and rescues him like they did Marshawn. Time to take the kid gloves off and let the fat boy rumble. He's 27 years old, NOT 21! Wear him down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe most frustrating player to own. Guy averages 8 yards a carry and McCarthy hands it to a WR, then a different WR. McCarthy can't see that Starks is ineffective?  Let big ed get in the game flow. Guy was running downhill.

To be fair...the WR carries were before he was averaging 8 yards a carry.

Starks got the call late in the 1st half on the normal rotation.

After that...he got 2 other series in 2 minute drill as "supposedly" the better pass catcher.

I think the last 2 coming right after his other series was more coincidentally.

Wise Old Owl said:
I don't think he misses time. In a closer game he would have been back out there
Closer game? How much closer does it need to be? They were up by a TD late and needed to run the clock and Starks was out there.

Such a fun guy to watch. Looks like Bettis when he's at his best. But...can't own him anymore as long as he's on the Packers. Especially in PPR.
They horribly misuse him. He was killing it at like 10ypc and had 7 rushes and I looked at pass attempts and Rodgers was average and up around 30. I don't get it.

From rotoworld....

Eddie Lacy said his ankle is "alright" following the Packers' Week 5 win over the Giants.
"I can walk on it, which is good," Lacy said. "We’ll see how it is going into next week." Lacy was injured in the third quarter and never returned. It was disappointing considering he had 81 yards on just 11 carries before leaving and was well on his way to another 100-yard game. If Lacy cannot play this week, James Starks and his 1.8 YPC will get the start against Dallas.

Lacy vs. Dallas in 2013: 25 touches for 171 total yards, 1 TD

In 2015 regular season: 25 touches for 148 yards, 1 TD

2015 Wildcard: 20 touches for 111 yards, 0 TD

Starks looked tentative, but he has history performing -- and performing well -- as the main back. Let's not just erase history -- they guy is one of those bona fide backups that has proven he could shoulder the load in the absence of the starter.

That said, the best and obvious thing would be for Lacy to be healthy coming into the next game. Pack will certainly be more successful with the threat that Lacy brings to the table, even if he is slightly hobbled. 

Looks like someone is using the copy and paste feature in his writeups. Do you see it?

Contending 5-10%, Rebuilding 1-5%| James Starks, GB- We’ll see about how severe Lacy’s ankle injury ends up being, but what we know as of this writing is that Lacy appears on track to start in week six. Starks has looked like the better back on his carries and he’ll still have value if Lacy’s injury gets worse to the point he misses time.

Has Starks really looked better on his carries? 

Looks like someone is using the copy and paste feature in his writeups. Do you see it?

Contending 5-10%, Rebuilding 1-5%| James Starks, GB- We’ll see about how severe Lacy’s ankle injury ends up being, but what we know as of this writing is that Lacy appears on track to start in week six. Starks has looked like the better back on his carries and he’ll still have value if Lacy’s injury gets worse to the point he misses time.

Has Starks really looked better on his carries? 
Lol that has to be from last year, right?

Lacy is averaging 5.5ypc to Starks averaging 1.8ypc

Geeze what site is that from?

Starks has looked plain awful, and this is a case where YPC actually do tell the story.

Granted I'm pretty low in priority but I own Lacy and was not even going to try to pick up Starks if he missed this week.  

yeah but he just looks so much better flashing that 1.8 ypc
I mean, even if you want to just look at what he did Sunday when Lacy went out, he was 12/33. So cool, 2.75ypc. Sure, Lacy could miss a game, but Starks doesn't look like he'll be the answer.

Lol that has to be from last year, right?

Lacy is averaging 5.5ypc to Starks averaging 1.8ypc
Last year and historical is pretty relevant, IMHO; just looking at this year to date doesn't tell the whole picture.

Starks career ypc is 4.2 (vs. Lacy's career of 4.4, FWIW). Last year when handling the bulk of the load, Starks ypc was 4.1. Just looking at last game when he was called in to do more, he averaged 2.8 YPC (not stellar, but again, puts the 1.8 ypc in a different light).

While I agree that Starks really hasn't shown the goods this year, he's had very limited opportunity to do so, and he certainly proved himself last year as a back who can handle that load -- and succeed doing it.

There were not too many cuffs that were sure things coming into the season in case the lead back went down. Starks was one of those guys, and imagine he was among the first cuffs off the board in most drafts.

No reason to think that Starks is a completely different guy this year as to last. Whether he succeeds filling in for Lacy this year is something we'll see if Lacy sits. But no question in my mind that he is the answer in terms of next guy up, and he's set up to do so well with history of success.

We'll see, but think that writing off Starks given a 1.8 ypc total this far this year is very premature.

Last year and historical is pretty relevant, IMHO; just looking at this year to date doesn't tell the whole picture.

Starks career ypc is 4.2 (vs. Lacy's career of 4.4, FWIW). Last year when handling the bulk of the load, Starks ypc was 4.1. Just looking at last game when he was called in to do more, he averaged 2.8 YPC (not stellar, but again, puts the 1.8 ypc in a different light).

While I agree that Starks really hasn't shown the goods this year, he's had very limited opportunity to do so, and he certainly proved himself last year as a back who can handle that load -- and succeed doing it.

There were not too many cuffs that were sure things coming into the season in case the lead back went down. Starks was one of those guys, and imagine he was among the first cuffs off the board in most drafts.

No reason to think that Starks is a completely different guy this year as to last. Whether he succeeds filling in for Lacy this year is something we'll see if Lacy sits. But no question in my mind that he is the answer in terms of next guy up, and he's set up to do so well with history of success.

We'll see, but think that writing off Starks given a 1.8 ypc total this far this year is very premature.
I don't think you can just dismiss what he's done this year. He looks slow and his YPC show that. It would be different if Lacy's YPC wasn't very good, but when Lacy is at 5.5YPC and Starks is at 1.8YPC, that's a pretty sizable difference.

Just looking at the last game, Starks was 12/33. Lacy was 11/81. Lacy had 48 more yards on 1 less carry.

I don't think Starks is all that great. Even last season, his YPC was the same as Lacy's. I'm not running out to pick up Starks and I have Lacy on 2 teams.

I would not pick up Starks but before the NYG game he had very few carries. I would judge him from last year (limited PPR potential).

And against the Giants, a lot of his carries were plays where GB was trying to run the clock and the Giants did a good job shutting down the run.

Starks's yardage on carries before the 4th quarter on SNF: 5, 4, 8, 10, 4, 2

Yardage on 4th quarter carries:  -1, 1, 1, -1, 3, -3

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, now matter how much lipstick you put on it or how you dress it or spray it with perfume, Starks and Lacy are not comparable. Starks has not looked better running the ball. And this piece was written THIS week. Starks cannot be written off because he isnt even in the book. The minute the Packers go out and draft a new rookie, he will leapfrog over Starks into relevance. Starks is a nonfactor. Sorry to have to break it down like that. No one is rushing to waivers to add the guy. Just like no one rushed to sign him during free agency. He is a career back up. This season shows why. 

Users who are viewing this thread