What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (2 Viewers)

No he is as of now, they will hand it to him at the start because he is the better back on the team and they are paying him like it. (if healthy, of course)
Yea and Matt Flynn was the starter at this time 5 years ago (and they were paying him like it).  It doesn't mater.

Trolling is annoying.  The jokes and comedy routines are what makes this board fun.  There is a fine line between trolling and comedy that the moderators get to deal with. 
Trolling=Cheap Shots just to get someone to react. 

Making points, and using comedy to re-enforce your point is NOT Trolling....

I used to wonder if hoffman0001 and Mavis were the same person, like Fight Club.  Still not sure.

Anyways, Lacy is probably going to split the load with several RBs, but could definitely be the goal line back for Seattle. And he's put up 4.6 ypc in the 24 most recent games where he had 15 or more carries.  It's a random cherry picked stat, but it shows that he can be successful, even when fat.

I don't worry about him being fat as a risk to his productivity, the downside of him being overweight is that it increases his injury risk. 

I'm still worried that we didn't hear about the weight in. I understand we're in preseason camps now so info comes out in different ways but all the other weigh-ins were reported immediately. I need to know whether to start up the hype train or the hoagie train
Looks like he hit his weight goal

From Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy hit his 250-pound goal last week

Coach Pete Carroll revealed Eddie Lacy hit his 250 pounds or less requirement at his latest weigh-in last week.

He earned another $55,000 bonus. Lacy has had a very quiet camp as he works his way into shape, learns a new offense, and recovers from ankle surgery. But ace Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia expects Lacy to get the nod as the Week 1 starter. Thomas Rawls is lurking in the tall grass as he's back to 100 percent and is well worth a late-round flier at his current double-digit round ADP.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 7 - 6:27 PM

I'm also somewhat concerned that there was no update on this

Its camp time, things are different with how teams operate and release info. 
This goes to what I said how things work at camp...coaches work on their own pace with releasing info and also goes to the fact that peopel panic and think the worse when they don't get the info instantly. Just remember, relax and dont try to overreact to things you cant control.

Coach Pete Carroll revealed Eddie Lacy hit his 250 pounds or less requirement at his latest weigh-in last week.

He earned another $55,000 bonus. Lacy has had a very quiet camp as he works his way into shape, learns a new offense, and recovers from ankle surgery. But ace Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia expects Lacy to get the nod as the Week 1 starter. Thomas Rawls is lurking in the tall grass as he's back to 100 percent and is well worth a late-round flier at his current double-digit round ADP.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 7 - 6:27 PM
He currently weighs less than Blount.

So take the fat jokes to that thread. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
A consideration in this is the ankle injury and his weight. When you injure a foot or a knee and you have weight issues, that's a death sentence. It takes a long time to get yourself back to a point to where you actually LOSE weight.

Eddie may never be that flash of potential we saw those first couple of years in Green Bay but he has played some really good football at times and he's on a good team. He's going to have opportunities to score from a few yards out. He may not be Shady McCoy and catch 70 balls this year but he could easily be a 14-18 TD guy and that makes him pretty valuable in almost any format.  

People want the ceiling when it comes to RBs but a floor like that isn't bad and can be a difference maker.

I'm pretty sure Lacy was leading the league in yards after contact before going down last year. He was averaging 5.1ypc in that clip as well.

I still think Rawls will command touches and Prosise is very good in his own right. I'd rather bet on Rawls/Prosise in the later rounds but I'll generally be avoiding this backfield. It's muddled and the OL is possibly the worst in the league.

I'm pretty sure Lacy was leading the league in yards after contact before going down last year. He was averaging 5.1ypc in that clip as well.

I still think Rawls will command touches and Prosise is very good in his own right. I'd rather bet on Rawls/Prosise in the later rounds but I'll generally be avoiding this backfield. It's muddled and the OL is possibly the worst in the league.
So are most of the backfields. Not everyone is Zeke, Bell, Johnson or Gordon. Lots of committees and lots of injuries.

Rawls goes down tomorrow, Lacy will be a hot commodity. 

So are most of the backfields. Not everyone is Zeke, Bell, Johnson or Gordon. Lots of committees and lots of injuries.

Rawls goes down tomorrow, Lacy will be a hot commodity.
Sure, most backfields are RBBCs but there are obviously other variables to take into account, such as the talent of the committee members. If not then it would be a waste of time to discern between the values of all RBs in a committee. I just don't think Lacy is so much better than Rawls/Prosise that he will make them afterthoughts in this offense.

What are you projecting Lacy's year end carry total to be? SEA RBs combined for roughly 180 331 carries last year. Admittedly this was uncharacteristic of a Carol lead offense but they were without Lynch and their OL was a #### run blocking unit (again this doesn't look like this is changing). But let's be generous and say SEA RBs see roughly a combined 270 370 carries this year like they did in 2012-2015. How do you see that dived up? What do you think the early down split between Lacy and Rawls will look like?

Sure, most backfields are RBBCs but there are obviously other variables to take into account, such as the talent of the committee members. If not then it would be a waste of time to discern between the values of all RBs in a committee. I just don't think Lacy is so much better than Rawls/Prosise that he will make them afterthoughts in this offense.

What are you projecting Lacy's year end carry total to be? SEA RBs combined for roughly 180 carries last year. Admittedly this was uncharacteristic of a Carol lead offense but they were without Lynch and their OL was a #### run blocking unit (again this doesn't look like this is changing). But let's be generous and say SEA RBs see roughly a combined 270 carries this year like they did in 2012-2015. How do you see that dived up? What do you think the early down split between Lacy and Rawls will look like?
Lacy 200-220 / 1000-1100 / 7-9

I do not consider missed games in projections, hard to predict even for often injured players. I mean did anyone see a bulging disc for Enunwa a week ago? No, things can happen and injuries are freaky.

Seattle average 25 rushes a game last year. Good for 15th in the league...they averaged 30 per game in 2015 which was 3rd. Personnel can be the issue with fewer rushes last year. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-attempts-per-game

I will not use last years touches for individuals as a relation to how they will disperse this year.

Lacy 200-220 / 1000-1100 / 7-9

I do not consider missed games in projections, hard to predict even for often injured players. I mean did anyone see a bulging disc for Enunwa a week ago? No, things can happen and injuries are freaky.

Seattle average 25 rushes a game last year. Good for 15th in the league...they averaged 30 per game in 2015 which was 3rd. Personnel can be the issue with fewer rushes last year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-attempts-per-game

I will not use last years touches for individuals as a relation to how they will disperse this year.
Oh boy, looks like nfl.com wasn't showing Michaels 148 carries from last year. I thought that 180 number was stupid low. I need to revise the numbers. SEA RBs combined for 331 carries last year, 356 in 2015, 388 in 2014. 

But teamrankings takes into account non-RB rushing attempts which skews SEA because they have Wilson. Although he didn't run as much because he was dinged up last year, Wilson still contributed 72 rushes. From an RB perspective they were likely much lower than 15th in rushing attempts per game last year.

Anyway, that projection seems lofty since your'e saying that Lacy runs for 5 yards a clip behind that line. I can get behind 200-220 carries andpossibly the TD total but I don't see him cracking 1000 yards on that volume. Thanks for showing your projection though.

I don't think Rawls will be an afterthought. He tore it up in the playoffs last year, and they were willing to gamble on him coming off an injury last year. It didn't pan out, but once he was healthy he looked good.

He may not be Shady McCoy and catch 70 balls this year but he could easily be a 14-18 TD guy and that makes him pretty valuable in almost any format.  
"Easily 14-18 tds" is nonsense. Even if he's the workhorse and gets all the touches, he won't come close to 14 tds. Face it, it's not the same Seattle team from 3-4 years ago. Oline is bad, defense isn't what it used to be, and while I love Baldwin he isn't a difference making no 1 like julio. The red zone opportunities just won't be that plentiful. No matter how they split, prosise will theoretically be worked in as well. Hard to invest in Lacy imo. 

Snorkelson said:
I don't think Rawls will be an afterthought. He tore it up in the playoffs last year, and they were willing to gamble on him coming off an injury last year. It didn't pan out, but once he was healthy he looked good.

"Easily 14-18 tds" is nonsense. Even if he's the workhorse and gets all the touches, he won't come close to 14 tds. Face it, it's not the same Seattle team from 3-4 years ago. Oline is bad, defense isn't what it used to be, and while I love Baldwin he isn't a difference making no 1 like julio. The red zone opportunities just won't be that plentiful. No matter how they split, prosise will theoretically be worked in as well. Hard to invest in Lacy imo. 
I agree.  Wilson, baldwin, and Graham.  RBS aren't worth anything without some injuries.  I think prosise might end of being the best one. Graham is gonna lead the team in rec TDS.  Prob have more than the RBS combined

Snorkelson said:

No NFL team is the same team they were 3-4 years ago so it's kind of ridiculous to talk as if the current version of any team has to live up to 2013.

The point is the Seahawks are still a very good team and the coach has proven he likes to run the ball and Seattle, year after year, shows they get a lot of goal line opportunities.  Lacy is ideal to be a lagarette blunt type role.  They didn't bring him to Seattle to be a 6-8 TD guy and to support the views people are all forecasting for Graham and Baldwin and Wilson, etc, then it goes without saying people expect this team to get down the field and have opportunities. 

Picking a number is always a silly endeavour in some ways so saying 14-18 may read odd to doubters but he's going to be closer to 14 than he is, say, 6-7 

No NFL team is the same team they were 3-4 years ago so it's kind of ridiculous to talk as if the current version of any team has to live up to 2013.

The point is the Seahawks are still a very good team and the coach has proven he likes to run the ball and Seattle, year after year, shows they get a lot of goal line opportunities.  Lacy is ideal to be a lagarette blunt type role.  They didn't bring him to Seattle to be a 6-8 TD guy and to support the views people are all forecasting for Graham and Baldwin and Wilson, etc, then it goes without saying people expect this team to get down the field and have opportunities. 

Picking a number is always a silly endeavour in some ways so saying 14-18 may read odd to doubters but he's going to be closer to 14 than he is, say, 6-7 
Well, I think it's ridiculous to predict 14+ tds for just about anybody. I'm comparing expectations of a run heavy defensive juggernaut with a solid back and good oline to the current team. That team maybe has a back that you can pencil in easily for 14 tds. This team has too many flaws to produce these numbers imo. They can like to run the ball a lot, doesn't mean they can behind that line. Doesn't mean they won't spread the carries around. They didn't bring him to Seattle to be a 6-8 td guy, but he might just be a 6-8 td guy. I see you're  fully on the lacy train, and that's fine. Blount had a career year last year on the pats who were missing their biggest red zone threat. Its an outlier season, not something I'd try predicting, especially with the state of seattles oline. 

Also, pats were no 3 in scoring last year, Seattle 18. There would have to be big leap to hit Blount numbers.

Well, I think it's ridiculous to predict 14+ tds for just about anybody. I'm comparing expectations of a run heavy defensive juggernaut with a solid back and good oline to the current team. That team maybe has a back that you can pencil in easily for 14 tds. This team has too many flaws to produce these numbers imo. They can like to run the ball a lot, doesn't mean they can behind that line. Doesn't mean they won't spread the carries around. They didn't bring him to Seattle to be a 6-8 td guy, but he might just be a 6-8 td guy. I see you're  fully on the lacy train, and that's fine. Blount had a career year last year on the pats who were missing their biggest red zone threat. Its an outlier season, not something I'd try predicting, especially with the state of seattles oline. 

Also, pats were no 3 in scoring last year, Seattle 18. There would have to be big leap to hit Blount numbers.
I don't even play FF anymore so I'm not on anyone's train. I think it's easier to see things for what they are when you're not biased or pimping someone. 

We will see. Lot of things happen in the NFL in a season but if he's healthy, I think people will come to understand my point in how the Seahawks are built and what their philosophy.  It will be fun to watch play out.

Have a good season.

What are you projecting Lacy's year end carry total to be? SEA RBs combined for roughly 180 carries last year. Admittedly this was uncharacteristic of a Carol lead offense but they were without Lynch and their OL was a #### run blocking unit (again this doesn't look like this is changing). But let's be generous and say SEA RBs see roughly a combined 270 carries this year like they did in 2012-2015. How do you see that dived up? What do you think the early down split between Lacy and Rawls will look like?
Seattle only ran the ball 180 times all season? That can't be true, can it?

Seattle only ran the ball 180 times all season? That can't be true, can it?
nfl.com wasn't showing Christine Michael's 148 carries. I revised it in the following post.

Oh boy, looks like nfl.com wasn't showing Michaels 148 carries from last year. I thought that 180 number was stupid low. I need to revise the numbers. SEA RBs combined for 331 carries last year, 356 in 2015, 388 in 2014.

To me Rawls is the better option and it’s not even close. Lacy played in an explosive offense in GB and at best was mediocre. When healthy and given the chance to carry the ball Rawls has delivered.

(Rotoworld) The Seattle Times' Bob Condotta reports Thomas Rawls "appears to be the the clear No. 1 back" right now.

To me Rawls is the better option and it’s not even close. Lacy played in an explosive offense in GB and at best was mediocre. When healthy and given the chance to carry the ball Rawls has delivered.
Lacy was not mediocre - his last season his stats were down because he fell out of favor with McCarthy and was "benched" often but he was still efficient with his carries. His first two seasons in the league where far superior to anything Rawls has done. Rawls could beat him out, for many reasons, but at his best Lacy is a better talent.

Lacy was not mediocre - his last season his stats were down because he fell out of favor with McCarthy and was "benched" often but he was still efficient with his carries. His first two seasons in the league where far superior to anything Rawls has done. Rawls could beat him out, for many reasons, but at his best Lacy is a better talent.
Agree with a lot of what you said.

Lacy is a powerful beast when he has two good legs carrying him, we have seen that. If they are taking his time with his ankle and he is looking in the great shape he is in in camp. He is just a big dude, he is no different then Blounts size right now with more skill than Blount.

If healthy, watch out. Period. I'm not going to shy away from saying it, when healthy he has been good. That cant be debated, yet people still try to fit it in the narrative. 

Depending on how Chris Carson is, Lacy could end up being a surprise cut.
Nope. Carroll wants to run the ball and Rawls broke down last year. Most of his salary is guaranteed too. It is Collins/Carson battling for #4 RB. This may be much more RBBC than most realize.

Nope. Carroll wants to run the ball and Rawls broke down last year. Most of his salary is guaranteed too. It is Collins/Carson battling for #4 RB. This may be much more RBBC than most realize.
Not if there is offset language which most contracts have.

Anyone see Lacy get stuffed like a thanksgiving day turkey in short yardage tonight? Ran right into the teeth - small sample size, but I've never been super impressed with his vision. 

Anyone see Lacy get stuffed like a thanksgiving day turkey in short yardage tonight? Ran right into the teeth - small sample size, but I've never been super impressed with his vision.
Even if he does have good vision it won't help him when he's constantly being met by defenders behind the line of scrimmage.

Ive seen the greatest players get stuffed on 1 yard plunges. Your point with this is? That a power back ran his play the way he was told instead of bouncing it outside when he couldnt? I'm confused if you are trying to push rhetoric or if you are singling out a typical play that happens to many for a reason? 

Did you watch the Seahawks running game last year?  It was bad
This is a really important part when looking at any of the Seattle RBs.  The RBBC is going to be a mess but that Oline looks rough for any RB to flourish.  Any chance the Oline is improved this season?

I may be wrong, but I don't remember short yardage as a strength from GB.

Ive seen the greatest players get stuffed on 1 yard plunges. Your point with this is? That a power back ran his play the way he was told instead of bouncing it outside when he couldnt? I'm confused if you are trying to push rhetoric or if you are singling out a typical play that happens to many for a reason? 
My point wasn't unclear.

I even called it out as a small sample size, and I mentioned that I've never been impressed with Lacy's vision. 

how is that "rhetoric"? It's a self explanatory post. Try not to read into it. 

One would think he would have some extra motivation for week one in gb?  Just have a feeling he has a big game there
Possible.

From what I have read about Lacy he doesn't seem to enjoy football that much. I am kind of surprised he is still playing. It took contract language to motivate him to get his weight down, which reportedly he has.

His personality just doesn't strike me as someone who would be motivated by revenge vs Green Bay. He seemed to like the fans in Wisconsin.

Now Adrian Peterson vs the Vikings week one? Peterson will be very motivated to prove to the Vikings that he was worth the money they would have had to pay him to stay.

Lacy isn't rising to the top and taking over the job...

The team depth chart lists Rawls as the starter.  Not a shock since Rawls is actually good, but fantasy ADP is still out of whack.

Buy Rawls now while Lacy is still more expensive.  I'd also get some shares of Prosise if you can... especially for PPR.

Speaking of 12-team leagues with roster size 20-to-25 which start 2 rbs (and possibly an additional flex position).

Dare I ask (gulp), is Lacy droppable?  I know I WANT to drop him but fear backlash from league mates for cold dropping a starting rb of reputation.  But I see it as he is in a definite RBBC and will NOT have the Lion's share of that while playing behind a shaky line.  I say he needs an injury or two (while remaining motivated himself) in order to become startable with confidence. I see him as < 10 points per week (standard or ppr) most weeks. 

As such, in my opinion, there are a number of backup rbs on other teams that I wouldn't be temped to start (as I might, after one too many, with Lacy)  (sort of save from myself).  But these other backs (in my opinion) have just as clear a path to becoming startable (injury) while being younger, having a better offensive line, not having concerns about physical condition.

Am I off base?

Edited to add:  Yep, I talked myself into it an immediately pulled the lever before y'all could talk me out of it.  Dropped Lacy.

Users who are viewing this thread