What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

You could probably trade Lacy and not drop him.  It seems that most people strongly disagree with my anti-Lacy take so there are buyers.

I'm kinda in the same boat, really want to drop him but just can't right now, probably will give him till week 3 to show something unless there is a no-brainer waiver pickup by then

Got him in the 13th at the expense of a kicker to start the week. I figure that between him and Smallwood (my 14th pick), I can give them their one game to see if they grab on to the job then drop the lazy one for a kicker in the night game or monday games. I still think Lacy has it, that o-line is just garbage though

It takes a lot of guts to drop a player who is owned in 99% of fantasy leagues and isn't injured.
I sure haven't seen people interested in trading for him. I mean Rawls is listed as the starter, Carson played extremely well in the preseason and then prosise is gonna get touches. So that means he might get 5-10 carries a game if that...there's gonna be better options on the waiver wire by week 3 of lacy isn't doing anything

Got him at 149 in an MFL10 and that's about as early as I'd go. Carson, Rawls, and Prosise make this a crowded backfield. Lowers the upside of all four

It takes a lot of guts to drop a player who is owned in 99% of fantasy leagues and isn't injured.
Only because it is going against the "group think" and one opens oneself up to be publicly ridiculed or crucified. 

But remove the names (of the players) and look at the situation, it looks a little different, I think. It might be a bad prognosis of the situation on my part, but (particularly in dynasty) I see similar situations (for this year) on the waiver wire that I deem to *also* have better long-term potential.  

I sure haven't seen people interested in trading for him. I mean Rawls is listed as the starter, Carson played extremely well in the preseason and then prosise is gonna get touches. So that means he might get 5-10 carries a game if that...there's gonna be better options on the waiver wire by week 3 of lacy isn't doing anything
Yeah I think the hype was a lot more earlier in camp.  Not so many posters seem confident in 1000 yards or even a starting role any longer.   I posted to buy Rawls back at the beginning of August and got a lot of people thinking I was crazy, but that seems to have died down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see that there's much of a cost of getting Rawls and Lacy. I'd rather have Rawls but we all know there is no way to see into the future as to how they run or share time. I think Rawls was somewhat effective when he came back last year. And IMO if you move past the top couple tiers of RBs go with players on good teams who will have opportunities. Seattle's D will be terrific, they will dominate some games, grind it out and give RBs short yardage goal line situations. I do think one could gain value at the expense of the other though, so if you don't own both then you're risking getting left with sand.

it sounds like rawls might not even play week one. lacy must start against former team if rawls sits?

Speaking Monday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was noncommittal on Thomas Rawls' (ankle) Week 1 status.

Carroll said he expects to find out Rawls' status during the week, and that C.J. Prosise, who also has an ankle injury, is "a little ahead" of Rawls in his recovery. It's beginning to look like Eddie Lacy has backed into a Week 1 start against this former team Green Bay. Prosise will handle passing downs.

I don't buy into the "motivation game" stuff too much but Lacy may get an extra little something going against his old team.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
I don't see that there's much of a cost of getting Rawls and Lacy. I'd rather have Rawls but we all know there is no way to see into the future as to how they run or share time. I think Rawls was somewhat effective when he came back last year. And IMO if you move past the top couple tiers of RBs go with players on good teams who will have opportunities. Seattle's D will be terrific, they will dominate some games, grind it out and give RBs short yardage goal line situations. I do think one could gain value at the expense of the other though, so if you don't own both then you're risking getting left with sand.
I don't disagree with any of that but I have stayed away from Rawls in all my drafts for the simple reason that his body and his running style don't seem to cooperate. I love this guy as a player but he is not going to be reliable medically IMO. Ditto for Prosise.

I don't disagree with any of that but I have stayed away from Rawls in all my drafts for the simple reason that his body and his running style don't seem to cooperate. I love this guy as a player but he is not going to be reliable medically IMO. Ditto for Prosise.
i think seattle knows this and this is why they signed lacy

It's a shame.  When healthy, he's head and shoulders above guys like Lacy and is a top ten back in the league. But the injuries seem to be a bit too frequent to allow them to be called a fluke. I have a feeling this is just who he is.

Not sold on him this year.  Too many question marks in the backfield and I don't think he does any one thing spectacularly that would set him apart from any of the other backs.  There is a lot of mouths to feed in that offense. 

could be a decent option to start the season if Rawls and Prosise aren't gonna go.  Hope he scores a couple TDs then trade him.

JuniorNB said:
It's a shame.  When healthy, he's head and shoulders above guys like Lacy and is a top ten back in the league. But the injuries seem to be a bit too frequent to allow them to be called a fluke. I have a feeling this is just who he is.
Top ten?  I mean, Ive seen a lot of guys look good in short spurts. Not saying I need a list of those better but I'm not sure I'd go that high. Actually, I think the same could be said for Lacy.  When he's been healthy, he's been as effective as most guys outside the elite status. 

Like the General, I'm not sold on motivation games but I can definitely see a scenario where Seattle might make a point to give him a great fantasy game. If they can get down inside the redone early, do they make a point to punch it in? Will they give him ample opportunities to put a little bit to his old team? If they are up in the 4th, would they love to use him to grind the clock? If the game is out of reach, can you see them making a point to give it to him to plunge another short yardage score?  I think yes to all of those and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with 80+ yards, 2 scores and maybe a few catches for another 20-35.  That's pretty good on any given Sunday. 

JuniorNB said:
No he isn't. He had one good stretch 2 years ago and stunk last year when healthy. On 109 carries last year he averaged 3.2 ypc. 

What do you think of Chris Carson? What's your thoughts on him?
I like him. I think when Rawls is out (and you know that will happen) he gets that work and when Prosise is out (you know that will happen) he gets the 3rd down back work. I think you are going to see a jump in the rushing numbers from last year, and the Hawks offense will be top 5 in the league in scoring allowing more than one RB to be significant. Rawls and Prosise are made of glass.... 

I like him. I think when Rawls is out (and you know that will happen) he gets that work and when Prosise is out (you know that will happen) he gets the 3rd down back work. I think you are going to see a jump in the rushing numbers from last year, and the Hawks offense will be top 5 in the league in scoring allowing more than one RB to be significant. 
Good thoughts. Thanks. Always nice to hear from people following their teams and knowing what's up.

Signed up for this one... Got him as my RB4, so I'm pretty satisfied. If he can be a decent bye week fill in I'm glad. If he ends up top 10 I'm obviously elated.

He'll either be great or he'll eat lots of China food and get super fat and useless.

So Rawls has a high ankle sprain.  That makes sense now.  Bet he doesn't play.  I got a tough one between Lacy and west

Lacy is a FA in my 10 team H2H league. Do you guys think he's worth dropping for a guy like Gore who is getting long in the tooth but still the undisputed starter? I don't mean to make this an Assistant Coach move, but curious where you rank Lacy.

I have Rawls and Lacy is on the WW. I could drop Rawls, Blount or Kelvin Benjamin for him (small 8 team family braggin' rights league). Thinking of just hanging onto Rawls. 

I have Rawls and Lacy is on the WW. I could drop Rawls, Blount or Kelvin Benjamin for him (small 8 team family braggin' rights league). Thinking of just hanging onto Rawls. 
Get Blount out of there.  Very little upside in an 8 man league and you likely won't start him.  If Rawls is a no go pre game, Lacy is a decent play this week.

for rockaction since his search function and "next" arrows aren't working...

I'll say 2 TDs vs my packers. I feel like Lacy is going to score 10+ this season... but offer not much else thus frustrating fantasy owners trying to determine if it's worth starting him for minimal yards but a good chance of a score

Rawls out.  I'm rolling him as my flex over Davante Parker (obviously) and AP.  what the hell, he should get a score or two

That's why I was prepared to drop him...originally figured I'd hold till week 3 but he might only make it 1 more depending on what available on waivers but at most he might come in for some goal line carries otherwise I think Carson has already overtaken him for Rawls backup

Lacy looked awful today.  Carson was easily superior, although the Packer D didn't give either of them much room to run except for one busted play.

Users who are viewing this thread