What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Dropped in one of my dynasty leagues this morning. Was thinking of putting a bid on him, but was distracted when someone ordered China food for lunch.

So much for 12+ TDs that Shutout predicted

Dropped him a week ago in my 12 team short bench league for Cohen. He's still there. Will be there. Guy is a bum. Always will be

I blame It's the Scientist. He had me drinking Kool-Aid. :)

In all seriousness, I put too much stock into thinking the Seattle Staff would get him back to where he was when he came into the league. It's almost impossible to think of now but here's a guy that, despite starting slow each year, pretty much put guys into title games the first three years he was in the league. I thought the ability was still there and the matchup with Seattle was good.

BUT, I completely missed the boat on just how bad this offensive line is. They don't need a road plow. They need someone who can create for themselves and Carson and Ralws can. Eddie just can't at this point. 

So I think I was very wrong. I can see him, if he stays on the team, being active late in the year and having a good game with multiple TDs but the opportunity to compile the total numbers don't look like they will be there.  

In all seriousness, I put too much stock into thinking the Seattle Staff would get him back to where he was when he came into the league. It's almost impossible to think of now but here's a guy that, despite starting slow each year, pretty much put guys into title games the first three years he was in the league. I thought the ability was still there and the matchup with Seattle was good.

BUT, I completely missed the boat on just how bad this offensive line is. They don't need a road plow. They need someone who can create for themselves and Carson and Ralws can. Eddie just can't at this point. 

So I think I was very wrong. I can see him, if he stays on the team, being active late in the year and having a good game with multiple TDs but the opportunity to compile the total numbers don't look like they will be there.  
Scientist sold me too.  I saw enough week one to cut him though

He was dropped after week 1 in both my leagues along with AP. 

AP was claimed; started, and dropped again this n one league. 

Lacy has sat there doing nothing. Much like what he's doing with Seattle in RL. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie gets his share of abuse on these boards (for good reason given weight and inconsistency) and has a lot to prove to fantasy GMs (both in terms of shape and performance).

However I think he has some decent upside on a team whose running system is designed around a back with his talents. He is a solid power back who fits well with Seattle's game predicated on the run threat setting up the passing game, playing to Wilson's strengths of reading Ds the snap.

You can definitely expect him to be in a committee, and Lacy will not be as valuable in PPR (given the established roles that Prosise and to a degree Rawls have). But, per Dr. Dan above, if he can stay on his fitness and stay healthy, I think he may have some good upside and crack Top 25 -- 850 rush yards and 7 TDs is not unrealistic. 
I'm humble enough to come back and eat my own crow. I wish I could say something like "the season is far from done" but it appears to be exactly that way for Lacy. Healthy scratch in week 2 is not a good sign for a productive season. Right now, injuries to those ahead of him look like his only shot.

I understand Lacy will probably bounce around the league for another 2 years as a 3rd stringer or stop gap, but he is done and out of the league. Can safely drop him from all formats of fantasy even if you have a 30 man rosters.
His last rodeo will be with some garbage team like the Jets, who try to make him a fullback. 

I'm humble enough to come back and eat my own crow. I wish I could say something like "the season is far from done" but it appears to be exactly that way for Lacy. Healthy scratch in week 2 is not a good sign for a productive season. Right now, injuries to those ahead of him look like his only shot.
I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. Which is why I though it was odd Whiskey7 came at me so hard. I figured RB4, there are a lot of RBs with less upside than him. He did have potential to out perform his ADP, but Seattle is just so log jammed at RB and their OL is terrible. I think Shutout hit it perfectly, Seattle needs a RB who can create on his own and Lacy is not it. 

Lacy was on his way to a career season last year before he got hurt, and it's clear he has had a tough time coming back from his ankle injury; he looks slow. But to be fair his OL is also terrible. This was one of those I struck out badly on, but in the end it did work out just fine for me and didn't cost me much in terms of a draft pick. Lacy is one of those who pulls you back in because he is young and at one time looked like "the next thing" at RB. Then he got fat. Now he's apparently trimmed down, but still runs fat. 

My last hope was that he'd be cut and picked up by a RB needy team, or traded. I was thinking, what if he goes to Arizona, or the Giants, but their O-lines are just as bad. Seattle and New Orleans should trade AP and Lacy so they can fail on new teams. I feel like I should cut him, I just can't yet. Ugh.

The situation is bad for Eddie right now and it's a shame because I like him.  If I were looking for any glimmer of hope it would be that he is 27 so he could still have a few good years in him. He was signed to a one year contract so Seattle could walk away or in the very least he can look for another opportunity elsewhere next year. That's not a lot of good news but it's the best I can think of at the moment.

My last hope was that he'd be cut and picked up by a RB needy team, or traded. I was thinking, what if he goes to Arizona, or the Giants, but their O-lines are just as bad. Seattle and New Orleans should trade AP and Lacy so they can fail on new teams. I feel like I should cut him, I just can't yet. Ugh.
He was a healthy scratch on a team who is paying him to be their starting RB. Stop living in dreamland and cut him. He's toast.

at a certain point you have to accept the fact that some of these guys just don't care about football very much.  I think lacy falls into that category.

Calling a shot given both the Seahawks and the Packers' situations:

Eddy Lacy to GB.
Cap wouldn't be an issue; GB has plenty of cap space. 

The problem is, Lacy's trade value is nothing. He looks awful. And I don't think he wants to play in GB; GB doesn't want him.

Ty Montgomery is down, Williams is down- likely knee sprain getting an MRI. Both will likely miss some time although Ty's scenario will be a pain control thing due to broken ribs are just that- pain tolerance. 

They have Aaron Jones, who looked serviceable last night and has lots of room to grow. Mays is their other RB... who looked, at times, better than Jones and Williams this preseason. He has been inactive due to Packers having lots of RBs prior to these injuries.

Expect Mays to be active as long as Williams is out. 

Packers don't need Lacy... and Seattle has been banged up they may need him more than GB does. 

Worst case scenario for GB is they have Jones, Mays, and Ripkowski for the next few weeks... maybe promoting a guy from the practice squad- forget his name but they loved him too in the preseason. Then, Ty comes back and they go with Montgomery/Jones/Mays until Williams comes back...  If they had Lacy then what- they have a 2 million dollar RB inactive every week once Ty comes back and for sure once Williams comes back. 

Unless Williams and Montgomery were lost for the season, GB isn't making any big moves at RB

I agree with Dr. Dan. That ship has sailed. I honestly doubt they would take Lacy if Seattle cut him. I think they decided to go with young hungry RB instead. If both Montgomery and Williams are to miss some time I think they would bring in another young guy off the street and coach him up just in case. They want young hungry (for football) RB not older hungry (for the buffet) RB.

Legitimately may be relevant again with the injury to Carson.  I find it odd that some are interpreting Carroll's comments to suggest Rawls will be first up now.  Maybe he will be, but Lacy at least had a jersey last night ... Rawls has been inactive for 2 games now, while Lacy was inactive in week 2 but then was back the past two weeks (at least I think I'm remembering all that correctly.

So which guy is it?  Lacy or Rawls?

Here's Carroll's full quote, btw:

Lacy broke off runs of 7 and 19 yards right after Carson went down. His next carry went for 2 yards but could have been more had he not got tripped up while running through a hole on the left side.

"He looked good," Carroll said. "He stumbled that one time. I would have loved to see him stay on his feet there so he could do some damage downfield. I thought he looked exactly like we hoped. He looked big and strong and tough and very decisive and all, and he just needs to get some more carries to get going. I thought that was great."

The rest of Carroll's answer was seemingly a hint that Rawls will be the first option in Carson's absence, assuming there will be an absence. But even if that's the case, Lacy will still factor in as well.

"With Chris being banged up, we’re so fortunate to have Thomas ready to jump back out there," Carroll said. "We’re just lucky that we have a guy like that who’s ready to go and is healthy and all that.”

Legitimately may be relevant again with the injury to Carson.  I find it odd that some are interpreting Carroll's comments to suggest Rawls will be first up now.  Maybe he will be, but Lacy at least had a jersey last night ... Rawls has been inactive for 2 games now, while Lacy was inactive in week 2 but then was back the past two weeks (at least I think I'm remembering all that correctly.

So which guy is it?  Lacy or Rawls?

Here's Carroll's full quote, btw:
Dynasty .. I own Rawls and Lacy is a FA and I am not putting a waiver claim on him .. no telling what Carroll will do but would rather go after McGuire, LMurray, or Gallman

Scientist - 1

Stupid Seattle Media - 0

god they are a useless bunch.
Ha I tellya, I read some Seattle sports blogs and reporters last couple days trying to get a handle on this. Good call if you're right. And how does Rap get this and not local reporters? Ridiculous. I guess we should see how this plays out.

Ha I tellya, I read some Seattle sports blogs and reporters last couple days trying to get a handle on this. Good call if you're right. And how does Rap get this and not local reporters? Ridiculous. I guess we should see how this plays out.
Only one that was right to begin with was John Clayton. Anything can happen still I guess but the local media pays too much attention to what Pete Carroll says and not what he did last week in not dressing Rawls. Then again... Because of rap Pete will now not dress Lacy and bring up Davis from PS.

Have always liked Lacy and think that he has received more flak than warranted given his track record, but one thing seems to me to be sure: this may be the last opportunity he has to really prove he can deliver and be the same kind of back he was at times in Green Bay.

If he fails to contribute here, he may become irrelevant in this league fast.

He is literally the worst looking running back in the nfl RT now.   2nd worse looking is rawls though so that tells me that it’s the o line that is more of a problem than lacy.  But still.   He looks like he’s running in quicksand when he gets the handoff.  

I think at this point of what has been an incredibly unpredictable season and a mine field for so many good players, it would just somehow be ultra fitting if Eddie Lacy were to somehow just go on an epic year and become one of the best fantasy backs down the stretch of the 17 season.  Just to cap off the entire j derlying point of "you just never know in ff". 

All I want to know is why did HOU keep falling for the play action last week. The RBs might as well be running backwards, there no point in paying attention to them.

I snagged lacy off waivers just in case. He looked good last year while healthy from what I recall. He lost the weight and is still in his prime...... they feed him 20-25 carries I could see good things happen. Definite stash for now

Honestly I don't mean to rain on the parade but he looks horrible, I watch every game he's a slow, plodding and indecisive runner!  Carson managed to run behind the dismal O-line Lacey could not, even with the addition of Duane Brown I just don't see him as the answer but I guess he's worth a flyer if you have the room.

Honestly I don't mean to rain on the parade but he looks horrible, I watch every game he's a slow, plodding and indecisive runner!  Carson managed to run behind the dismal O-line Lacey could not, even with the addition of Duane Brown I just don't see him as the answer but I guess he's worth a flyer if you have the room.
Totally agree with this, he looks absolutely horrid.

OK, Morris doesnt look any better than Lacy and some are wanting to make him a must grab god. The way we need to look at things isnt always about the name of player, but the position they hold. Lacy has never had a legit shot this year, look at it. 6 carries behind a god awful OLine last week, maybe the worst in the league? We know Rawls was also good, but now he gets 6 carries for -1 last week or JDM had 4 carries for 6 yards? If you are telling me and all god left tackle doesnt help this mess, you have not been paying attention to why they are paid what they are paid.

Coaches need to pick a guy, check.
Team needs a better oline, check.

The other thing that bothers me is some are saying "nah, he looks like he is running in quick sand." OK, but what else is out there who you know is going to be given that many carries? One thing this site will never lack is people who give the emotional responses. How many other almost workhorse backs are left on the wire? Bye weeks, injuries and suspensions, you can mock him all you want...but he has value now if he is getting 15-20 carries.

5-3
11-52
9-19
11-34
6-0

42 carries this year, are we really going to pretend thats the number of carries Lacy needs to be effective? No give it to him and let him wear a D down. Run behind Brown, run over one defender and get your 4-5 yards, and the team is happy. Problem is, they didnt have one OLineman they could even run behind, now they at least have Brown. We are all gonna sit her and act like we know football but are going to pretend an all world LT doesnt make a huge difference? No one expects a RB1, but many fantasy teams can use a RB3.

I think he's now worth as speculative spot on a team with RB needs.  Hoping that he can save one of my teams but I've been riding both the Lacy and Seahawk trains for the last couple seasons and they haven't ended well.

Why is Carroll saying they will ride Lacy this week?  Is Rawls hurt again?  I just don't get it.  It's not like he's been playing well

Users who are viewing this thread