Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
jdoggydogg

Delanie Walker to the Titans is big

Delanie Walker (ankle) remained sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Walker shed his walking boot on Monday but isn't expected to be ready for Week 10 against the Chiefs. Jonnu Smith has filled in admirably in the interim, recording a team-high 17 percent target share ahead of Anthony Firsker. Smith remains an intriguing streaming TE1/2 for at least one more game while Walker's sidelined.

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Nov 6, 2019, 3:05 PM ET

Delanie Walker (ankle) won't suit up Sunday against the Chiefs.

Jonnu Smith remains a perfectly fine low-end TE1 option with Walker sidelined. The Titans' backup TE has posted 3-64-0, 6-78-1 and 3-18-0 lines over the past three weeks with a near every-down role. Still, the eventual return of Walker would likely result in each player receiving limited snaps. Smith does have a tough matchup this week against the Chiefs' fifth-ranked defense in DVOA against the TE position.

SOURCE: Herbie Teope on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:46 PM ET

I've been holding D Walker for a bye week which has arrived. I'm leaning toward dropping him for a likely lesser option rather than risk a zero.  I was "sure" he'd be back by now, and yet here we are. Anyone have info as to whether he is likely to play this week? 

34 minutes ago, Phantom Knight said:

I've been holding D Walker for a bye week which has arrived. I'm leaning toward dropping him for a likely lesser option rather than risk a zero.  I was "sure" he'd be back by now, and yet here we are. Anyone have info as to whether he is likely to play this week? 

I'd say likely but not certain. Also that Jonnu has surpassed him so get someone else

4 minutes ago, Bri said:

I'd say likely but not certain. Also that Jonnu has surpassed him so get someone else

Thanks Bri.  I currently have a waiver claim in, but good chance I won't get my guy and will end up with waiver wire dregs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bri said:

Not so sure of this, but would seem to be the smart play as he has way more burst. 

11 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

Not so sure of this, but would seem to be the smart play as he has way more burst. 

I wouldn't past an old stud to step up, it just seems like time

Delanie Walker (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday.

"I will use the word excited," Walker said. "I am excited with the progress, and we’ll see what happens." Walker was wearing a knee brace earlier in the week but had ditched it by Wednesday for practice. His return to the field would obviously hinder Jonnu Smith's streaming viability since the latter's led the Titans in targets (20) in a full-time role over their last three games.

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Nov 20, 2019, 3:03 PM ET

4 hours ago, whole-show said:

Doubtful for week 12 per Jim Wyatt

Rotoworld take:

Coach Mike Vrabel said the team is hopeful Delanie Walker (ankle, doubtful) will suit up Sunday against the Jaguars.

Vrabel added, "He’s better than he was but still being monitored." Walker practiced in a limited fashion all week, but was given a doubtful game designation. Jonnu Smith worked as the PPR TE8 in Weeks 7-10 with Walker sidelined. Continue to treat the SPARQ-plug TE as a low-end TE1 if Walker is inactive, while the return of the offense's 35-year-old TE would likely result in a committee of sorts and render each as non-viable fantasy options.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Nov 22, 2019, 1:22 PM ET

There are hypocritical reports on Delanie. The videos posted show him seeming relatively confident.

Several have said Blasingame is not quite ready so Jonnu back to receiving TE might not happen just yet. It seems like Firkser and Jonnu sharing the role again.

Jonnu has several carries and an oddly high number of penalties per run so it's not necessarily in the stat sheet. There's something about how the D reacts that they feed off of. After a Jonnu run, there is usually a good drive and/or a big play.  It's kind of interesting how that's worked out.

Delanie talked to the press ALOT when they were losing and was critical. Titans fans in other boards recognized it and said uh oh.

After the game last week, Vrabel said they chose to make the just signed FB (Blasingame) active over Delanie. He didn't say he was out hurt as expected.

Now he's put onto IR 

Pretty sure he's gone after this year now.

He's still got some ability and all. He'll play elsewhere. 

ETA Twitter video of Delanie wearing ankle brace and dancing just adds to the hmmm here. No one with a hurt ankle can jump and spin like that

Edited by Bri