What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titus Young (1 Viewer)

Patroclus

Footballguy
Anybody have word on Titus Young? He's a free agent now. Seems like the WR that is better than Calvin Johnson and who can be signed to close to league minimum would be a hot commodity.

Not going to hear from him for quite awhile.

Wouldn't be surprising if his next football field is in a league other than the NFL.

When Jeff Fisher cuts you in a matter of days, people around the league are going to notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Patroclus said:
Anybody have word on Titus Young? He's a free agent now. Seems like the WR that is better than Calvin Johnson and who can be signed to close to league minimum would be a hot commodity.
:confused:

Some players need to rehab injuries before they get back on the field, others have to rehab image due to off field stuff. But players who demonstrate mental problems are a special case, and Young seems to have demons and voices talking to him that just aren't normal. He's quite delusional about himself and his place in the football world, and even when the Rams attempted to give him a 2nd chance he still clearly didn't comprehend the big picture.

Remember, he did things on the field to deliberately undermine his own team in real game situations in Detroit. No team is going to take him on again until/unless he can somehow demonstrate his mind is capable of functioning as it should so he can be a relaible player.

Some players need to rehab injuries before they get back on the field, others have to rehab image due to off field stuff. But players who demonstrate mental problems are a special case, and Young seems to have demons and voices talking to him that just aren't normal. He's quite delusional about himself and his place in the football world, and even when the Rams attempted to give him a 2nd chance he still clearly didn't comprehend the big picture.Remember, he did things on the field to deliberately undermine his own team in real game situations in Detroit. No team is going to take him on again until/unless he can somehow demonstrate his mind is capable of functioning as it should so he can be a relaible player.
His detriments on the field are biased... We don't know "for certain" that he purposefully lined up in the wrong spot and did things wrong, only that the team said he did those things (which personally I see as a ploy). As far as we can tell he is an egotistical, excuse my language ########, who thinks he is the best WR in the game (clearly not even top20). This in itself is enough to keep teams away especially after that "2nd chance" from the Rams. This guy seriously needs to rebuild his reputation through whatever means possible to even get a 3rd chance in the NFL.

This isn't exactly the kind of guy to sign somewhere this early in FA, when he does get his (probably last) shot in the NFL.

This isn't exactly the kind of guy to sign somewhere this early in FA, when he does get his (probably last) shot in the NFL.
i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the CFL. maybe after a couple of years there he could make a return but i think most teams would think he's toxic atm.

He honestly has some mental illness IMO. A story came out in Detroit that even after he was cut from the Lions, Detroit management was working with Titus' family to try and get him some help. Titus is delusional and I don't think he is living in reality. It seems more than just an overly cocky, selfish pro athlete.

The problem is that he's not talented enough to be more than a 3rd WR(on a good team) anyways so IMO he's not worth the headache at all and NFL teams realize that now. His talented has always been a little overrated IMO, you can get away with being a head case if you're a Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, etc but not a depth/role player. There's nothing wrong with being cocky or having a ton of confidence, but there is a problem when you're a guy with a not so great skill set that doesn't listen to coaches and respect his team. I wouldn't even consider bringing this guy in if I ran an NFL team. Maybe he can get away with it in the CFL though, if he adjusts to the style of play there.

Oh, he clearly has some mental instability that will keep him from ever amounting to anything. It's amazing he has made it this far.

The problem is that he's not talented enough to be more than a 3rd WR(on a good team) anyways so IMO he's not worth the headache at all and NFL teams realize that now. His talented has always been a little overrated IMO, you can get away with being a head case if you're a Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, etc but not a depth/role player. There's nothing wrong with being cocky or having a ton of confidence, but there is a problem when you're a guy with a not so great skill set that doesn't listen to coaches and respect his team. I wouldn't even consider bringing this guy in if I ran an NFL team. Maybe he can get away with it in the CFL though, if he adjusts to the style of play there.
I disagree with the talent assessment. He had a really nice rookie year. He showed the ability to get separation and make really tough catches. Coming into last season, I thought he was a budding star in the league.

Why was this clown drafted in the 2nd round? Background checks down?
it's the Lions.
I thought it was a bad pick based on talent. Throw in his mental issues and it was silly to draft him before round 4
Talent is there. He showed that his rookie year. The issue is all in his head. Unfortunately I don't think you can fix stupid... or crazy. Whatever it is, he will likely be a disapointment for the rest of his career.

it's the Lions.
I thought it was a bad pick based on talent. Throw in his mental issues and it was silly to draft him before round 4
Talent is there. He showed that his rookie year. The issue is all in his head. Unfortunately I don't think you can fix stupid... or crazy. Whatever it is, he will likely be a disapointment for the rest of his career.
I doubt he has a "rest of his career", at least in football.

it's the Lions.
Meh, IMO his talent has been overrated as well. He was in a great position to put up some nice numbers in Detroit and even if he was a headcase, those numbers were pretty mediocre. Just not a good draft choice for the Lions.

I just got him as a throw in. He's $1 in a $1000 cap league.

The Rams stint doesn't look good but I also think he's young enough and flashed enough as a rookie that someone might try him out as a reclamation project before the season is over.

Maybe if he sits home long enough through the spring and summer with so many other free agent WR"s getting contracts he'll decide that playing nice is better than sitting at home.

Maybe Deion will take him under his wing. :P

I wouldn't even waste a roster spot on him.
This. What is your upside? WR2 at best? More likely IF he manages to get another shot he'll be a WR3 or 4 with some kick return duties. There are plenty of other borderline WRs that actually have a decent shot at putting up those kinds of numbers and aren't headcases.

I wouldn't even waste a roster spot on him.
This. What is your upside? WR2 at best? More likely IF he manages to get another shot he'll be a WR3 or 4 with some kick return duties. There are plenty of other borderline WRs that actually have a decent shot at putting up those kinds of numbers and aren't headcases.
I agree with this. The guy was opposite the best WR in football on the most pass happy offense in football with his main competition for that slot out with a broken leg. Yet the guy had no fantasy relevance. What better situation could he possibly land in which would make him a viable fantasy option?

Maybe if he sits home long enough through the spring and summer with so many other free agent WR"s getting contracts he'll decide that playing nice is better than sitting at home.
Or maybe instead he'll start plotting the bombing of Lions' headquarters or the overthrow of the NFL.You're assuming rational behavior from an irrational being. He's toxic and no team wants that round. Simply saying he'll play nice is no longer going to mean anything to anyone.

One if the comments on the link said and i quote "lol they said his route running in the impound lot was hall of fame worthy "

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...school-coach-hopes-titus-young-gets-some-help

Titus Young's high school coach hopes WR gets help
By Dan Hanzus

Around the League Writer

The Titus Young story took another left turn on Tuesday, when it was learned the former Detroit Lions wide receiver was arrested twice in the span of 15 hours over the weekend.

The incidents did nothing to help Young's chances of making it back to the NFL. More importantly, the behavior served as another sign that Young's mental state is in question.

E.C. Robinson, Young's former high school coach, said he hasn't been in contact with the wide receiver since late March.

"Based on the last time I did see him, I knew unless he got some help, there was going to be some issues, and I told him that, too," Robinson said, according to the Detroit Free Press. "And I thought maybe since I hadn't heard anything from him, he was in some institute getting some help. That's what I just figured. But I know the last time I saw him, I was just shocked the stage he was in at that time."

Robinson was asked what state Young was in.

"He was talking some things that just didn't make sense," Robinson said. "I don't know, I just wish he'd get some help. I know football is probably out of the question. Right now it's trying to get his life together."

It's become increasingly apparent Young isn't in a stable place emotionally. It also helps to explain why the St. Louis Rams felt compelled to cut ties with the wideout after just 10 days in February.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

No matter how lousy a guy is on the field, stories like this leave me feeling very :( for the guy. I hope he gets help.

No matter how lousy a guy is on the field, stories like this leave me feeling very :( for the guy. I hope he gets help.
I feel bad for kids with cancer...this guy has talent and blew it on his own
Seems like a ton of people close to him think he's got some serious mental health issues going on -- that stuff is every bit as real, devastating, and uncontrollable as a physical illness like cancer. I don't think he's "just an &$@hole" like a Kenny Britt or a Pacman Jones. The guy needs medication and professional help.

Coeur de Lion said:
Kiddnets said:
I feel bad for kids with cancer...this guy has talent and blew it on his own
Seems like a ton of people close to him think he's got some serious mental health issues going on -- that stuff is every bit as real, devastating, and uncontrollable as a physical illness like cancer. I don't think he's "just an &$@hole" like a Kenny Britt or a Pacman Jones. The guy needs medication and professional help.
If he has true mental health issues I'll concur but so far I have only seen specualation....he has acted like a jackass for years without any diagnosis of illness that was made public. Maybe thats the true reason...if so I agree he should get help.

i hope that if it is not just a big case of jerkitis that he can get cleaned up and the help he needs and get back to dominating the competition like he did when he was right and i wish good for anyone who has stuff up top that they cannot stop take that to the bank brohans

Everyone around him is screaming mental issues. The kids got some real problems. To me that's different than a guy like TO (andi likeTO but he's a head case) who's just a pompous jerk. He needs medication and help or he's gonna be a homeless guy in the street.

Mental illness, which many signs point to what this seems to be, can be worse than any physical illness. Denial of the problem, reluctance to get help, hesistancy to go to medication to stabilize which in many cases is justified because side effects and withdrawal efffects are detrimental, are just a few of the issues. Until the individual finds stabilization, the trail of destruction can be very wide.

Yes he has mental health issues. Plain as day to mental health professionals.....................trust me on that.

Problem is, his thinking is far to grandiose to do anything about it, and unless he does enough ridiculous stuff or maybe 1 REAL ridiculous thing to get hospitalized and forced medication against his will, he isn't going to get any better.

Yes he has mental health issues. Plain as day to mental health professionals.....................trust me on that. Problem is, his thinking is far to grandiose to do anything about it, and unless he does enough ridiculous stuff or maybe 1 REAL ridiculous thing to get hospitalized and forced medication against his will, he isn't going to get any better.
Yep. Reminds me of my brother. He definitely has mental health issues similar to Titus. Selfish, cocky, aloof. It's like his brain stopped developing once he turned 16. We all thought joining the Army would change him, until he got kicked out for stealing pharmaceuticals and selling them. Maybe having a child will make him rethink his priorities? Nope. He'll never change.Titus Young's NFL career is over with this latest incident. Sure, there's a possibility a team takes a chance on him, but I doubt he'd get on the field before his eventual release.

Titus Young has not changed, if anything his behavior has always been consistant. Young hates taking direction from anyone other than himself.

Young had the same issues in high school and at Boise State and in Detroit that he has today. The Lions knew he was a high risk player and took him in the second anyway.

I heard on the news that Youngs car was going to be released to him later that day after his DUI....as usual Young did not listen and decided just to take it.

Users who are viewing this thread