What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alfred Morris, why is he rated so low (1 Viewer)

10 carries for Jones to 6 for Alf in mid 4th, not ideal for anyone..... Jones gets the GL carry with a clear path to the EZ.... and he blows it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Skins team just isn't that good. I think it's no good for Alf this season, but in dynasty he's a definite hold, hoping he ends up elsewhere next year.

As if anyone cares..................

I sat Morris tonight and put Dion Lewis in his starting slot instead.

I debated this all evening, and then said "#### it, I will gamble on a Belichek back".

I swore over and over through the last few years I wouldn't take the chance on one, but at least at this point I am happy I did.

Now, considering I drafted Morris as my #1 in one league in particular (I always go WR-WR) I am a bit worried about my RBs there too.

I can imagine the owners and their widespread worry after this crapfest of a game.

Personally if I could move him for 50 cents on the dollar I may be inclined to do so at this point.

I'd like to see some more insight on the game and how he looked, but the box score only says more carries for Jones.

(plus they were losing the entire game, so they likely had to pass)

I really don't know what I can get for Morris right now, but I'm looking for some offers, trust me.

In dynasty he should be a must hold, he may well end up in a great scenario next year.

But man his value couldn't get much lower than it is currently, in my opinion.

TZM

Ouch. Good luck trading him now.

NAME SNAPS CARRIES RuYD TAR ReYD TD Fumbles

C. Thompson 39 2 29 11 57 1 1

M.Jones 26 11 38 - - - 1

A. Morris 12 6 19 - - - -

I couldn't fault someone from outright cutting Morris in a 10 teamer and let someone else get sucked into starting this fantasy turd.

Rotoworld:

Alfred Morris - RB - Redskins

In a conference call Friday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Alfred Morris is still the "lead dog" at running back.

Since going off for 121 yards in a season-opening loss to Miami, Alf has totaled just 78 yards on 24 carries. Rookie Matt Jones was starting to gain steam but may have cost himself by fumbling against the Giants in Week 3. Gruden said the reason Morris only played 12 snaps Thursday was because the Redskins were behind and had to abandon the running game. Morris will have a chance to redeem himself next week against Philadelphia.

Source: Master Tesfatsion on Twitter

Sep 25 - 4:53 PM

I'm not crazy for cutting this guy right?
not really, no. I'm holding, but I don't really know why.
Redraft your just hoping for Injury at this point

Dynasty/Keeper hes most likely going to another team this off-season
This post wreaks of desperation, but Matt Jones sprained his big toe. If Jones is out, anybody trust Morris @NYJ?
Not with that o-line. Trent Williams out this week.

MNTom said:
I'm not crazy for cutting this guy right?
not really, no. I'm holding, but I don't really know why.
Redraft your just hoping for Injury at this point

Dynasty/Keeper hes most likely going to another team this off-season
This post wreaks of desperation, but Matt Jones sprained his big toe. If Jones is out, anybody trust Morris @NYJ?
Not with that o-line. Trent Williams out this week.
center Kory Lichtensteiger also out.

It looks like Dodds has just shot him way up in the ratings as of this morning. Like #12 in my scoring system. He's been sitting at the far end of my bench, but such faith gives me pause. Anyone buying in and rolling him out?

It looks like Dodds has just shot him way up in the ratings as of this morning. Like #12 in my scoring system. He's been sitting at the far end of my bench, but such faith gives me pause. Anyone buying in and rolling him out?
I'm in the same boat. Deciding between playing Morris or Antonio Andrews. I'm not so sure Morris will do that well against the Jets, especially since Thompson appears to be getting more work. I think Washington sees a lot of 3rd downs this game, limiting Morris.

I guess he has no faith in Thompson

I guess he has no faith in Thompson

Go look now. Dodds just modified Morris's projections downward (10 less rushing yards). He still has Morris in the top 15. Still weird, imo.

I don't trust Morris today. NYJ run D is top notch.

Yep, with that last minute drop, he's at 16 in my scoring now, which is still quite a bit better than the other guys I have to consider for my RB2. But I don't think I can do it either.

have no faith either but matt jones out puts him up and over a couple guys you might consider like RJennings, Crowell
Same thing this week. I don't know about Jones' toe yet, but Chris Thompson is banged up. If he and/or Jones miss this week, the matchup and situation plus other guys being on bye could bump Morris's projections a bit.

I'd still be leery of trusting WAS to run the ball. They might abandon the run again. All their RBs have a pretty low floor.

I heard on a podcast this week an incredible stat that he has 3 broken tackles on the year which is dead last by a ridiculous margin. I think they said the source was PFF.

Rotoworld:

Coach Jay Gruden said figuring out how to fix the running game is one of the Redskins' priorities for the bye week.
Alfred Morris played just 10 snaps against Tampa Bay and is averaging 1.64 yards per carry over the last three weeks. Matt Jones has not done any better recently, and Chris Thompson is struggling through a back injury. The offensive line has struggled to create space since Shawn Lauvao went down Week 3, and neither Morris nor Jones are creating yards on their own. The issues in the Redskins' run game have much more to do with talent than scheme, and talent problems are not easily fixed over a bye week.

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter
Oct 27 - 11:46 AM

Can he really be this bad moving forward? Why is the issue here? Is it the offensive line? His skills couldn't have diminished overnight. Matt jones ain't lighting the world on fire either.

I don't watch a lot of redskins football but my first guess is o line play.

Does anyone believe that they can turn the running game around in the 2nd half? And if so, is Morris the starter or jones?

Can he really be this bad moving forward? Why is the issue here? Is it the offensive line? His skills couldn't have diminished overnight. Matt jones ain't lighting the world on fire either.

I don't watch a lot of redskins football but my first guess is o line play.

Does anyone believe that they can turn the running game around in the 2nd half? And if so, is Morris the starter or jones?
Well they've recently lost 2 starting OL now. Lavauo earlier and then this week they just put Leichtensteiger on IR.

The running game really hasn't been the same since Lavauo went down and it looks even worse now that they're missing their starting C.

It's easy to say Morris is underperforming, but Jones hasn't done much lately either. Might be best to just stay away from this running game the rest of the year unless we see some progress.

I traded him away for Hyde. I'm glad I don't have that problem anymore.

Good luck,

Tex

He may be a lost cause this year, but I'll be watching his free agency with anticipation this offseason. With people writing him off this year, I bet he's a redraft steal next year.

He may be a lost cause this year, but I'll be watching his free agency with anticipation this offseason. With people writing him off this year, I bet he's a redraft steal next year.
why would you expect his running to improve? do you think it's scheme that's holding him back?

why would you expect his running to improve? do you think it's scheme that's holding him back?
Scheme has definitely hurt him this season. And he seems to be underutilized as well. He's getting about 5 less carries/game than he did last season.

Morris is still relatively young, he'll be 27 later this year. Hasn't missed a game in his career.

Will he go somewhere and be a top 10 RB again? I wouldn't count on it, but he could certainly go somewhere and be productive.

Scheme has definitely hurt him this season. And he seems to be underutilized as well. He's getting about 5 less carries/game than he did last season.

Morris is still relatively young, he'll be 27 later this year. Hasn't missed a game in his career.

Will he go somewhere and be a top 10 RB again? I wouldn't count on it, but he could certainly go somewhere and be productive.
I think he's getting the fewer carries because he's not effective nor breaking tackles.

I think he's getting the fewer carries because he's not effective nor breaking tackles.
Maybe? But it's not like Matt Jones has really been any more productive of late. This year, Morris is averaging 3.1ypc and Jones is at 3.3ypc.

The Skins have lost 2 starting OL so far this year. Their run game has become super ineffective. Their rushing totals for the last 4 games: 37, 50, 34, 51.

Morris had a big Week 1 (25/121) and has a total of 70 carries over the last 7 games.

I think a change of scenery or a coaching change in DC next year could definitely help him.

Matt already summed it up. He's still in his prime and the entire Washington running game has looked poor. We can assume he fell off a cliff at an early age and Matt Jones also sucks, or we can assume the scheme and OL injuries are to blame. I think most people will assume he fell off a cliff, creating value next year. FWIW, I don't own him in any leagues.

Just picked this guy up off the wire to stock my bare cupboard of running back flyers. Does he have any upside? I haven't watched him all year. Obviously Jones is the guy to own, but Alf had a decent game of mop-up yardage it seems last week.

Scheme is the only thing he's ever had going for him. He's a Shanahan back that benefited from a running qb. He'll never do anything in another system.

VikingFrog said:
Just picked this guy up off the wire to stock my bare cupboard of running back flyers. Does he have any upside? I haven't watched him all year. Obviously Jones is the guy to own, but Alf had a decent game of mop-up yardage it seems last week.
It depends. Are the Saints on their schedule again?

Sorry, let's just say I am skeptical. I dropped him for Jay Ajayi on Sunday morning before Alfred's nice game and no one has put in a WW claim for him yet. So I guess a lot of people skeptical.

He's on my wire also in a 12-team league. Doesn't seem to be any interest after his decent game last week. How's the schedule look after this week?

Averages 21-99 v. Dallas.

He gets far more carries @ home then on the road this year..

Redskins have been winning since featuring him last few weeks..It should continue against a Dallas defense that gives up 4.18 ypc..

No Thompson either.

Morris should again see 20-25 carries

and upwards of 100 rush yards..

Users who are viewing this thread