What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alfred Morris, why is he rated so low (1 Viewer)

So what are you all expecting rest of season for Morris?

The schedule doesn't look rough.

He got 4 carries inside the 5, he has to get the goal line work the rest of the season right? 

Got 12 touches against the best defense he will face all yr on the road

Obviously Shanahan is going to get FF points out of his backfield

RB2 with some weeks being better imo the rest of the way. 

Anyone want to tell me I'm wrong?
He fumbled on two consecutive plays at the Vikings one (lost the second).

If that hadn't happened I would confidently say he is the goalline back, at the very least, but after that I would not be surprised to see Breida's market share go up in all situations.

He fumbled on two consecutive plays at the Vikings one (lost the second).

If that hadn't happened I would confidently say he is the goalline back, at the very least, but after that I would not be surprised to see Breida's market share go up in all situations.
Yeah, I saw that.

I read somewhere that Shanahan said he wasn't concerned about it. Whether he means that or not, idk

Glancing at his career stats , Sunday was his first fumble in his last 400 carries. 

169 rushing yards for the jets on the road vs. this Lions defense. There should be running room i would think.
Personally I think Crowell/Powell>>>>>Morris/Breida and I have my doubts Detroit is going to just roll over and show their bellies after they were humiliated on Monday.

So what are you all expecting rest of season for Morris?

The schedule doesn't look rough.

He got 4 carries inside the 5, he has to get the goal line work the rest of the season right? 

Got 12 touches against the best defense he will face all yr on the road

Obviously Shanahan is going to get FF points out of his backfield

RB2 with some weeks being better imo the rest of the way. 

Anyone want to tell me I'm wrong?
You're not wrong. At least this week. We'll reassess next week. And that potential volatility is part of the reason nobody is wild about the situation, alongside limited and unsexy upside.

But until/unless he loses the job he's a solid flex option. 

Personally I think Crowell/Powell>>>>>Morris/Breida and I have my doubts Detroit is going to just roll over and show their bellies after they were humiliated on Monday.
the Detroit defense is in a state of flux and disarray.....they are making bizarre personnel decisions.....2nd round pick from two years ago Ashawn robinson wasn't active vs the jets, last years #1 pickJarrod Davis cannot cover anyone, and he makes up for it by not being able to tackle....they cut a guy who had 8 sacks last year in Zettel...teez tabor last years #2 pick played two plays on MNF...their truly good safety Glover Quin is getting less playing time......they are lost....play all SF players...every single one

the Detroit defense is in a state of flux and disarray.....they are making bizarre personnel decisions.....2nd round pick from two years ago Ashawn robinson wasn't active vs the jets, last years #1 pickJarrod Davis cannot cover anyone, and he makes up for it by not being able to tackle....they cut a guy who had 8 sacks last year in Zettel...teez tabor last years #2 pick played two plays on MNF...their truly good safety Glover Quin is getting less playing time......they are lost....play all SF players...every single one
I hear you and you make a compelling argument. But do you also think Stafford is going to crash and burn like he did last week?

Regardless, in a vacuum I still contend Crowell/Powell>>>>Morris/Breida so I wouldn't hold out hope for the same overall stat-line they put up.

I hear you and you make a compelling argument. But do you also think Stafford is going to crash and burn like he did last week?

Regardless, in a vacuum I still contend Crowell/Powell>>>>Morris/Breida so I wouldn't hold out hope for the same overall stat-line they put up.
No Matt should rebound and  have a way better game, plus the SF defense isn't as good as the jets....

For some reason the lions have sabotaged their own D, its very confusing....

Looking more like Goodwin doesn’t play this week. SF might rely on the run game more, but should also face some stacked boxes. This could be a low scoring ugly game.

You're not wrong. At least this week. We'll reassess next week. And that potential volatility is part of the reason nobody is wild about the situation, alongside limited and unsexy upside.

But until/unless he loses the job he's a solid flex option. 
Agree

Someone dropped him in a league of mine Wednesday.

Trying to figure out how much I want to bid. Started wr-wr in that one and could use a rb.

Gut telling me he's going to have a solid season

BigSteelThrill said:
Loses the back up job?  Why would he lose that. 
Because he is better than Bredia he might lose the back up job and become the starter.

Bredia did start, however Morris had 52% of the snaps to Breidas 45%

Although Morris wasn't in the game on the first drive, he did play slightly more snaps in a pretty even split.

Breida did come in on 3rd downs at times and he had 2 targets 1 reception, but the 49ers FB and TE are better weapons than Breida or Morris as a receiver.  

Some of Morris better runs happened when the Vikings had several backups in on the defensive line. ZImmer commented about this that he told Edwards to not have all 4 backups in the game at the same time. His comments had to be about those plays.

I think this is still a open competition, I am not sure if anyone wins.

I like Morris a lot this week.  

I have better options so I’m content to let him ride the bench this week but like others have said my gut is this guy becomes valuable, possibly every week RB2 valuable, at some point this season.

Plus I just like the guy.  Down to earth good guy from everything I’ve ever read about him.

Scooped him back up right now for free. Have a feeling he'll have a good game today and didn't want the hassle of bidding for a guy I drafted to begin with.

I like Morris a lot this week.  

I have better options so I’m content to let him ride the bench this week but like others have said my gut is this guy becomes valuable, possibly every week RB2 valuable, at some point this season.

Plus I just like the guy.  Down to earth good guy from everything I’ve ever read about him.
Curious if you had option to play him in flex and who you started over himr-- that's my decision

#1 wr vs injury depleted secondary that got shredded by NO lost week vs a guy splitting carries? Yeah I don't see what you're seeing
4 yards per catch without the benefit of ppr on the road with a #2 QB vs a goal line back at home going against a defense that got equally shredded last week.

ETA: which is more embarrassing: getting shredded on the road against Drew Brees and Alvin Kamara or getting shredded at home vs the Jets?

Last edited by a moderator:
He is who most thought he was. Breida is the man going forward. I'll be tossing him back to the scrap heap in the hopes I can get someone I can actually play.

4 yards per catch without the benefit of ppr on the road with a #2 QB vs a goal line back at home going against a defense that got equally shredded last week.

ETA: which is more embarrassing: getting shredded on the road against Drew Brees and Alvin Kamara or getting shredded at home vs the Jets?
How'd this go? ;)

I'm leaning towards Breida for a few reasons, even though I think the carries will be split right down the middle. He has a penchant for longer runs than Morris, and he's got more juice. Now, if Morris is going to get a ton of carries inside the 5 and 10 yard line, that's a different story. 
Threw him in a DFS line-up this weekend, guy won me some solid money. 

Morris had 80 yds from scrimmage, right? Might still cut him, but he’s not quite at that “useless player” level yet.

Pretty shocked at what Breida has shown today. He didn’t look lik that player in Minnesota.

Morris had 80 yds from scrimmage, right? Might still cut him, but he’s not quite at that “useless player” level yet.

Pretty shocked at what Breida has shown today. He didn’t look lik that player in Minnesota.
Certainly a different caliber defense. I honestly dont think he can hold up.

shadyridr said:
How'd this go? ;)
Not good for me!  I'm probably still going to lose, but you were correct about putting Agholor in  --now to decide if I want to hold onto Morris --I think I'm going to bail on this backfield

Not good for me!  I'm probably still going to lose, but you were correct about putting Agholor in  --now to decide if I want to hold onto Morris --I think I'm going to bail on this backfield
Morris had 16 touches.

Breida obviously looked amazing but Shanahan looks like he is going to stick with the backfield split.

He's likely going to be getting 20+ touches the next couple weeks with Breida getting hurt. 
Their FB (no, I‘ll not even try to spell his name) will get all the receptions though. Worth a pickup in deep PPR leagues if(!) Breida misses time. 

Their FB (no, I‘ll not even try to spell his name) will get all the receptions though. Worth a pickup in deep PPR leagues if(!) Breida misses time. 
I doubt this will be the case. He'll get a boost but Morris will get a couple catches. 

Breida just can't stay healthy, Morris will have value. you just can't hang your hat on Breida getting 15 carries/week..he's not durable. I think Shanahan limits his carries when he comes back - keep him fresh.

Morris isn't ADP in his prime , but he'll carry the mail until they get a RB in next year's draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread