What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (2 Viewers)

Dodds still has Gronk as the #3 TE going forward.

Would you Gronk owners not trade him for Gonzalez, Witten, Gates, Cameron ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
OldMilwaukee said:

Ok, #1 is obviously Graham, but who is #2 if not Witten or Cameron? Vernon Davis?

As an answer, I would possibly trade him for Cameron, after seeing how he does this week after 2 relatively lacklucter performances. Gonzo, Witten and Gates are all too old to make up for Gronk's future production, IMO.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Ballstein said:
I just got offered MJD for Gronk....do you do it at this point?
Why? Unless you need a TD-dependent RB2/3.
I figured i get something for A player that won't play this season
I'd rather take a swing that Gronk will play, then have MJD weighing down my roster.Especially since there's no evidence that Gronk won't play this season.

OldMilwaukee said:

Ok, #1 is obviously Graham, but who is #2 if not Witten or Cameron? Vernon Davis?

As an answer, I would possibly trade him for Cameron, after seeing how he does this week after 2 relatively lacklucter performances. Gonzo, Witten and Gates are all too old to make up for Gronk's future production, IMO.
Julius Thomas makes a strong case for #2.

OldMilwaukee said:

I would in a second... Gronk has no value except dynasty imo.

OldMilwaukee said:

This is going to be fun to bump when Gronk is back and averaging 25 PPG.
in 2014?

I traded him in one league back in week4 for Reggie wayne. No regrets even if he rebounds big this year

OldMilwaukee said:

in 2014?I traded him in one league back in week4 for Reggie wayne. No regrets even if he rebounds big this year
No, this season.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski (back, forearm) was limited in Wednesday's practice.
Per usual. We have nothing new to report on Gronkowski this early in the week. Profootballtalk reported over the weekend that Gronkowski would miss only one more game "at the most." We'll update the tight end throughout the week.

Source: Boston Globe

OldMilwaukee said:

in 2014?I traded him in one league back in week4 for Reggie wayne. No regrets even if he rebounds big this year
No, this season.
when????? is week 8 the big debut????

What a disaster his is turning out to be.

In redraft if move him for anything mid level like a lower rb2 or upside wr3. Dynasty is totally different, but I'd trade him for the right guy.

Rotoworld:

Per usual. We have nothing new to report on Gronkowski this early in the week. Profootballtalk reported over the weekend that Gronkowski would miss only one more game "at the most." We'll update the tight end throughout the week.

So wait, last week he was a beast and the best player on the field. Now he's limited?

Rotoworld:

So wait, last week he was a beast and the best player on the field. Now he's limited?
LOL, he has been "limited" every single practice since he started practicing. That is pretty much meaningless as to whether or not he is playing. All that means is that he wasn't a "full" participant, which means he did every drill during practice. Pretty sure that you cannot be listed as Questionable or worse if you are a full participant, so again "limited" means nothing for Gronk as it hasn't changed.

I cut bait today so you can expect him to dominate soon...

Sent Gronk, Nelson, and Kaepernick for Witten, Bryant, and Romo (re-draft). I was really torn making this move as I have Gates/Cameron and RG3 already rostered so Romo and Witten may not even start. Gronk was going to be a difference maker for a title run.

If you're not in a desperate situation and you've held out this long, I see no reason to move him unless you are getting fair value.

I'm going to believe profootballtalk, they've been fairly accurate the last couple of weeks - This will hopefully be Gronks last week on the sidelines & he should be close to 100%. Honestly, if this is true (big if), then I'm hoping to plug 15-20 pts a week into my lineup.

Sent Gronk, Nelson, and Kaepernick for Witten, Bryant, and Romo (re-draft). I was really torn making this move as I have Gates/Cameron and RG3 already rostered so Romo and Witten may not even start. Gronk was going to be a difference maker for a title run.
I think this is a great trade for you, although not sure why you have 3 stud TEs (either way).

OldMilwaukee said:

No, this season.
Who cares? You're the one who said he has no value this season. If you've got him, he's still worth more than anything else you can probably get for him straight up. So you hold, and wait until he's throwing up 25 PPG. It's a sunk cost at this point. Unless a great deal comes along, you might as well hold until he gives you what you've been waiting for all this time.

So far, there's no reason to think he won't play this season.

OldMilwaukee said:

No, this season.
Who cares? You're the one who said he has no value this season. If you've got him, he's still worth more than anything else you can probably get for him straight up. So you hold, and wait until he's throwing up 25 PPG. It's a sunk cost at this point. Unless a great deal comes along, you might as well hold until he gives you what you've been waiting for all this time.

So far, there's no reason to think he won't play this season.
This is exactly right.

Rotoworld:

You didn't expect the hooded one to tip his hand by marking a player as full participant, did you?

I think this is a great trade for you, although not sure why you have 3 stud TEs (either way).
We can start two. Gates and Cameron were in place to cover Gronk's absence. I probably took the beating and bailed right before reaping the reward.

Our playoffs start in week 13. Best case I was looking at Gronk in weeks 8/9/11/12. Due to other injuries my record has slipped where I'm on the outside of the championship tier. I mention this because I bet on being able to tread water and then ride Gronk. This dragged out long enough I couldn't hang on any more.

I hope the rest of you Gronk owners get him back when you need him.

Just read something where Rosenhaus said he hasn't seen the Dr. yet this week. You got something new?
Not anything new, as far as I can tell, with regards to being cleared/not being cleared.

Rosenhaus says "huge difference between being cleared to practice, and cleared to play in a game," and they and NE are on the same page.

What I found interesting from this "new" news is that Gronkowski, while limited in practice, has "gone so far as being tackled" in practice.

If he's cleared to practice and be tackled, why can't he play in games?

http://www.kffl.com/player/22384/NFL/Rob-Gronkowski

I read Mike Reiss' Pats chat today and found this very interesting:

Michael (NYC)

Everyone (including, today, Gronk's agent Rosenhaus) that Gronk has not been medically cleared to play. Can we find out what exactly is the remaning medical issue or issues that remain? If we're told "the bone needs more time to get stronger," we'd understand. The vacuum is frustrating to say the least.

Mike (11:32 AM)
Psychological. When does Gronkowski himself feel he is mentally ready to get back on the field?

Mike (11:33 AM)
Go through five surgeries since last November and I can understand the mindset. As team president Jonathan Kraft said, the football field isn't a place to be if you don't think you are ready. Every play is like being involved in a car crash.
mpc12pats (London!)

Mike - forward thinking here. At what point is IR a serious consideration for Gronk? Week 10? Week 12? Ever? Bottom line, if he goes 16 games and still isn't cleared, would he still take up a playoff roster spot?

Mike (11:54 AM)
I don't think that's part of the consideration right now.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49182/patriots-with-mike-reiss

Just read something where Rosenhaus said he hasn't seen the Dr. yet this week. You got something new?
Not anything new, as far as I can tell, with regards to being cleared/not being cleared.

Rosenhaus says "huge difference between being cleared to practice, and cleared to play in a game," and they and NE are on the same page.

What I found interesting from this "new" news is that Gronkowski, while limited in practice, has "gone so far as being tackled" in practice.

If he's cleared to practice and be tackled, why can't he play in games?

http://www.kffl.com/player/22384/NFL/Rob-Gronkowski
I would love to punch that slimy worm Rosenhaus directly in that ######-looking mouth of his. What a piece of human filth.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski (back, forearm) remained limited in Thursday's practice.
As usual, the Pats aren't providing any clues as to Gronk's status via the league-mandated injury report, leaving his designation the same it's been for weeks. The best we can tell, he's 50-50 for Sunday's showdown with the Jets. Hopefully we can get a better idea of that number on Friday, but it's far from a guarantee.

What you do with Gronkowski at this point is probably a function of what your record is. If you're 3-3, 2-4, then I wouldn't blame you for exiting for a useful starter. I wouldn't call MJD a useful starter, but that trade above where someone got Romo/Witten/Dez for a package with Gronk is fine IMO.

If you drafted well enough to be 4-2 or better, I see no reason to move him.

What you do with Gronkowski at this point is probably a function of what your record is. If you're 3-3, 2-4, then I wouldn't blame you for exiting for a useful starter. I wouldn't call MJD a useful starter, but that trade above where someone got Romo/Witten/Dez for a package with Gronk is fine IMO.

If you drafted well enough to be 4-2 or better, I see no reason to move him.
Agreed. Sitting at 4-2 myself and holding on.

Users who are viewing this thread