What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (3 Viewers)

Trade value IMO is simply to arrive at and depends on your scoring, other owners etc.

Basically, if we drafted now, with a healthy gronk that has some questions about an injury (say he didn't play on a preseason game before the year kicks off) where would he go.

I think after Dez Bryant and before Green. But YMMV.

kutta said:
So let's talk trade value for Gronk. What would you accept for him, and what would you be willing to give up for him? I suspect a lot of people sitting on him will be fielding some trade offers this weekend.

Would you take or offer Calvin, Green, Dez for him? How about RB's? So many of them are sucking that I don't know who I'd take for him.

What say ye?
I have an offer of R. Bush for Gronk in a non-PPR, start 2 RBs, RB/WR/TE flex league. Value wise I think Bush is good compensation in that format, but I am waiting on other offers.
I'm a big Gronk fan, but you got the better end of that deal.

What the duece?

Medically cleared, Gronkowski remains questionablePosted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
gronkowski1.jpg
APPatriots tight end Rob Gronkowski may have been cleared by his small army of doctors, but he’s yet to be cleared by Dr. Day-to-Day.

The official injury report for Sunday’s game at the Jets shows that Gronkowski is questionable to play. Technically, it’s means that Gronkowski is 50-50 to play.

Coach Bill Belichick isn’t playing the 50-50 game with three other players; receiver Danny Amendola (concussion, groin), defensive lineman Tommy Kelly (knee), and running back Leon Washington (ankle) have each been scratched for the Week Seven showdown.

Cornerback Aqib Talib (hip) is listed as doubtful, even though he practiced on Friday. (We reported on Thursday that he’s unlikely to play.)

Also questionable are running back Brandon Bolden (knee), tackle Marcus Cannon (shoulder), guard Dan Connolly (concussion), receiver Julian Edelman (thigh), tight end Michael Hoomanawanui (knee), receiver Matt Slater (wrist), and safety Tavon Wilson (hamstring).

Cornerback Kyle Arrington (groin), safety Devin McCourty (shoulder), defensive end Rob Ninkovich (groin), and tackle Nate Solder (back) are each listed as probable.

The next developments will likely comes on Saturday, when we find out whether the questionable players and Talib make the trip to New York with the rest of the team. Those who don’t necessarily are out.

What the duece?

Medically cleared, Gronkowski remains questionablePosted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
gronkowski1.jpg
APPatriots tight end Rob Gronkowski may have been cleared by his small army of doctors, but he’s yet to be cleared by Dr. Day-to-Day.

The official injury report for Sunday’s game at the Jets shows that Gronkowski is questionable to play. Technically, it’s means that Gronkowski is 50-50 to play.

Coach Bill Belichick isn’t playing the 50-50 game with three other players; receiver Danny Amendola (concussion, groin), defensive lineman Tommy Kelly (knee), and running back Leon Washington (ankle) have each been scratched for the Week Seven showdown.

Cornerback Aqib Talib (hip) is listed as doubtful, even though he practiced on Friday. (We reported on Thursday that he’s unlikely to play.)

Also questionable are running back Brandon Bolden (knee), tackle Marcus Cannon (shoulder), guard Dan Connolly (concussion), receiver Julian Edelman (thigh), tight end Michael Hoomanawanui (knee), receiver Matt Slater (wrist), and safety Tavon Wilson (hamstring).

Cornerback Kyle Arrington (groin), safety Devin McCourty (shoulder), defensive end Rob Ninkovich (groin), and tackle Nate Solder (back) are each listed as probable.

The next developments will likely comes on Saturday, when we find out whether the questionable players and Talib make the trip to New York with the rest of the team. Those who don’t necessarily are out.
Typical BB. Why would he upgrade Gronk to probable? Nothing to see here. He's playing.

What the duece?

gronkowski1.jpg

I think its just BB's mind games at this point.

Rodeojones said:
Great news but would have been better had I known this before starting Ellington at my flex last night. :ptts:
*Never* start a Thursday night player in the flex. What happens when your RB2 is a late scratch?

Rodeojones said:
Great news but would have been better had I known this before starting Ellington at my flex last night. :ptts:
*Never* start a Thursday night player in the flex. What happens when your RB2 is a late scratch?
yep feel ya man I had to start ellington and that was a fantasy nightmare... BRUTAL to say the least... They throw a quick pass out to him on the first play of the game then ignore him til the 4th. Just awful play calling and Im glad ARI lost because they are just plain losers and suck at everything football and associated with Winning or greatness.

kutta said:
So let's talk trade value for Gronk. What would you accept for him, and what would you be willing to give up for him? I suspect a lot of people sitting on him will be fielding some trade offers this weekend.

Would you take or offer Calvin, Green, Dez for him? How about RB's? So many of them are sucking that I don't know who I'd take for him.

What say ye?
It would take a LOT for me to part with him. I drafted him fully expecting my TE slot to become a strength at some point this season. I am fortunate to not have any weaknesses in my lineup now (thanks to a trade two weeks ago + Gronk coming back + *knock on wood* no injuries worth mentioning).

I would need a reliable every-week starter TE (Witten, Cameron, Gonzo, the like) and an elite RB such as Charles or McCoy in exchange for my Gronk and a lesser RB...like MJD.

In short...99% Gronkowski isn't leaving my roster.

Rotoworld:

A league source tells Profootballtalk that a final decision on whether Rob Gronkowski (arm surgeries, questionable) will play in Week 7 has not yet been made.
It's worth noting Gronkowski did make the trip to New York, suggesting he's on target to start against the Jets. The Patriots are listing Gronkowski as a game-time decision despite the fact that he's already received medical clearance from his team of doctors. All signs continue to point toward Gronk returning this week, but his status won't be officially known until inactives are released on Sunday. The good news for fantasy owners is Pats-Jets has a 1PM ET start. So we will know Gronkowski's availability before any games are played.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Why do I get the feeling this is all just one big power play - Gronk telling the Patriots when he will play, then the Patriots telling Gronk when he can play.

A tweet by Ed Werder say that Rosenhaus will be at the Jets/Pats game. Kinda hard to believe he'd be going unless Gronk is playing.

awfully quiet in here after his dud
He didn't play poorly, he's getting a ton of targets, he's the #1 option by far and top red zone option. He scored a beautiful 40 yard td but got unlucky. It stinks but it happens. If Brady plays well he's gonna be $.

everybody that owned him was warned that he'll be ineffective or likely to be slowed due to lack of conditioning.
I realize that you are fishing, but if his "ineffective or likely slowed" is 5th best TE, I won't complain. Because that is what he has been the last 2 weeks: the 5th best FF TE (non-PPR). When you consider that he had a TE called back, and (at least) two other "almost" TDs, he's doing just fine.

everybody that owned him was warned that he'll be ineffective or likely to be slowed due to lack of conditioning.
I realize that you are fishing, but if his "ineffective or likely slowed" is 5th best TE, I won't complain. Because that is what he has been the last 2 weeks: the 5th best FF TE (non-PPR). When you consider that he had a TE called back, and (at least) two other "almost" TDs, he's doing just fine.
seriously going to call him 5th best, why not just call him TE1 based on his week 7 production

seriously going to call him 5th best, why not just call him TE1 based on his week 7 production
What are you talking about? He wasn't TE1 in week 7, so why would I call him that? :confused:

Look at the stats. He has been the 5th best FF TE over the last 2 weeks.

Just because you are making stuff up and spouting nonsense like "he'll be ineffective or slowed," doesn't mean other people can't have a serious discussion based on FACTS, and the FACT is he's been the #5 TE over the last 2 weeks.

What are you talking about? He wasn't TE1 in week 7, so why would I call him that? :confused:

Just because you are making stuff up and spouting nonsense like "he'll be ineffective or slowed," doesn't mean other people can't have a serious discussion based on FACTS, and the FACT is he's been the #5 TE over the last 2 weeks.
This is so misleading I am almost embarrassed to have to review why. LOTS of players had a bye in the past two weeks, In 0 ppr leagues, Gronk ranked tied for 9th in terms of his two week average. With one less point scored, he would have ranked 14th. He'shardly been hitting it out of the park so far (although that could certainly change).

who cares about the last 2 weeks, the fantasy season started 8 weeks ago.

...because the price Gronk owners paid clearly reflected the period of unavailability.

There's no need to troll.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski (forearm, back, hamstring) remained limited in Thursday's practice.
Barring a surprise turn of events, Gronk's hamstring is not going to hold him out for Sunday's game against the Steelers. He remains the No. 1 overall tight end for Week 9.

Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter

This is so misleading I am almost embarrassed to have to review why. LOTS of players had a bye in the past two weeks, In 0 ppr leagues, Gronk ranked tied for 9th in terms of his two week average. With one less point scored, he would have ranked 14th. He'shardly been hitting it out of the park so far (although that could certainly change).
There's nothing misleading about my post. The fact is that he is the 5th best TE over the past 2 weeks, which are the only 2 weeks he's played. My post was in response to another post saying he's been ineffective or slowed. He had one really good week, and he had one bad week. That's not a sign of being ineffective or slow. If he had not been able to run all the routes, or was dropping balls he should catch, or couldn't get separation, those would be signs of being ineffective or slow. Even Iif you want to look at PPG over those 2 weeks (to account for byes), he's still TE8.

With regards to being 1 point out of 14th, I can play the what if game, as well. IF Gronk's 40 yard TD hadn't been called back, he would have been TE2 over the past 2 weeks. IF Gronk hadn't been tackled at the 1 on his 2nd catch of the year, he'd have been TE2 over the past 2 weeks. IF both of those things had happened, he'd have been TE1 over the past 2 weeks.

So you can look at my post out of context, and say it's misleading, but when you look at it in context, as a response to a ridiculous claim that Gronkowski is somehow not playing as well as he should be (in an attempt to rationalize a ridiculous trade made by KH), you would see it's not. Every top TE has had at least 1 game where he didn't do great, they, however, have played more games this year. Is Jimmy Graham ineffective or slow because he put up 0.0 in week 6? Is Jordan Cameron ineffective or slow because he put up 3.6 in week 5? Is Vernon Davis ineffective or slow because he put up 2.0 in week 2? Is Julius Thomas ineffective or slow because he put up 2.9 in week 8? Is Antonio Gates ineffective or slow because he put up 2.8 in week 6? Is Jason Witten ineffective or slow because he put up 1.2 in week 2? No, they had a bad game, but Kelley's Heroes is taking 1 bad game by Gronkowski and suggests this proves all of his ridiculous posting from earlier about how Gronkowski wouldn't be good this year. I was merely pointing out that his "ineffective and slow" play the past two weeks has been just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

YOU obviously do, since you posted that he'd be ineffective or slowed when he came back. Since he only came back 2 weeks ago, YOU must care about the last 2 weeks.

We get it, you thought Gronkowski wasn't going to play well this season (if he played at all) & made a stupid trade of Gronk for Nicks. You were wrong, but you are stubbornly sticking to your indefensible point. When Gronk comes back and puts up over 100 receiving yards in his first game, you don't post, then after he has a bad game (as EVERY top TE has this year), you want to come in and puff up your chest, trying to justify your stupid trade, and your ridiculous earlier posts.

Just stop. Go to another thread, find something else ridiculous to post about. You made a trade, and it was the wrong move. Trolling in this thread isn't going to change that.

Last edited by a moderator:

YOU obviously do, since you posted that he'd be ineffective or slowed when he came back. Since he only came back 2 weeks ago, YOU must care about the last 2 weeks.

We get it, you thought Gronkowski wasn't going to play well this season (if he played at all) & made a stupid trade of Gronk for Nicks. You were wrong, but you are stubbornly sticking to your indefensible point. When Gronk comes back and puts up over 100 receiving yards in his first game, you don't post, then after he has a bad game (as EVERY top TE has this year), you want to come in and puff up your chest, trying to justify your stupid trade, and your ridiculous earlier posts.

Just stop. Go to another thread, find something else ridiculous to post about. You made a trade, and it was the wrong move. Trolling in this thread isn't going to change that.
right but hes been top 5 last 2 weeks.. add that to the value you were getting from the te spot the first 6 weeks.. its not like you took zero from the te spot every game

Users who are viewing this thread