What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (2 Viewers)

He definitely had a drop earlier, but that ball that was just behind him, the defender stuck his hand in and prevented Gronk from finishing the catch. Good defensive play.

He had six targets in the half. And is on pace for 6-120. With something like a 50/50 chance of a TD if he catches three more passes. What exactly are you hoping for?

He actually looks a little spry tonight, creating some separation whereas the first 4 games he was really only getting catches by using his size.

Looks like he might be primed for a huge 2nd half of the year.

Facts.....

1. He doesn't look good (insert any metric you want to, the only thing he has going for him atm is that he's big)

2. He isn't explosive or dynamic as he was previously. He's not "making" plays happen, he's just hoping he's targeted and ball placement is on point.

3. There are no viable threat options to spread out the field to keep defenders from climbing on him like he was a one of the Kardashian girls....

4. Brady has lost a step and can't make the throws consistently (sorry, it's true)

5 He's a "must start" by his history only, He really shouldn't be on the field at all, but Hoodie has no other options.

6. Chicks dig my avatar, and they can't resist my "magic rabbit"....
Yes and no.

He still has 3 TD's in 4 games this season, despite all of that, and given his history and the injury recovery there is no good reason to believe that won't continue.
Still no good reason to believe he won't continue to catch basically 1 TD for every game played.

And still a must start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear taunting by Bengal puke after leading with his helmet. Boy the penalty calling has been very one sided tonight.

Good night that could have been better without the 3-4 drops. He's had more than usual this year on the drops but I don't think it matters as long as they keep going to him.

Good night that could have been better without the 3-4 drops. He's had more than usual this year on the drops but I don't think it matters as long as they keep going to him.
I think 1 maybe 2 of them were really on Gronk. Brady was throwing behind or low all night.

great to see all the targets but man, his hands were pretty poor tonight. missed on 4 catchable balls. maybe not quite drops, but def should be catches more often than not.

great to see all the targets but man, his hands were pretty poor tonight. missed on 4 catchable balls. maybe not quite drops, but def should be catches more often than not.
2-3 of those were really bad throws.

I'm super encouraged by what I've seen. He hasn't even hit his stride yet and has 4 TDs in 5 games.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski had seven catches for 95 yards in Sunday's Week 6 win over the Bills.

He was targeted nine times, behind only Julian Edelman. Gronkowski took advantage of being matched up with Bills CB/S Corey Graham over the middle of the field. He didn't get any red-zone looks, but had a touchdown called back by a holding penalty. Gronkowski briefly left in the third quarter with an elbow injury. He was a near every-down player and appeared as healthy as he's been all season. Gronk will remain a top-three option against the Jets in Week 7.

Oct 12 - 5:47 PM

I hold my breath every time Gronk gets tackled. Defenders have to tackle him low and usually ends up in an awkward position. Looking like a beast for sure.

10 targets 5 catches for 68 yards....had 2 drops both were catchable but not very good throws by Brady. I've noticed Brady doesn't look nearly as accurate as he has in years past.

I'm just hoping the guy stays healthy. Early in the game he caught the ball on an out and tripped over his own feet, I thought he injured himself.

He's definitely making progress, but not there yet. Drops and Brady's accuracy are a bit concerning.
The balls were thrown behind him, but you'll never hear the announcer blame Brady. All you hear and the pass goes off Gronkowski's hands.

He's definitely making progress, but not there yet. Drops and Brady's accuracy are a bit concerning.
The balls were thrown behind him, but you'll never hear the announcer blame Brady. All you hear and the pass goes off Gronkowski's hands.
That's why I wrote both are a bit concerning- they weren't great throws, but he could have caught them (especially the one). I'm not just talking about this game either.

Gronk dropped two he should have caught. Disappointing night.

Nice job tripping over his own feet. I thought he hurt himself on that play too. Reminds me of Brent Jones the way he runs.

You know the bar is high when a TE gets 70 yards and we're a bit disappointed.
I'm disappointed because he's only been an advantage at TE 1 week this year. Looks like another week of being outscored at the position. Maybe next week.....
This. We all overpaid for Gronk unless he fell into the fifth or sixth round, which was probably a rare occurrence. Guys like Olsen, Walker and Bennett are kicking his ###. I'll say one good thing, no absolute duds yet. Every TE has one or two 3-22-0 weeks. Only game he didn't give me double digit points was week 2.

Still not 100% but the trust and playing time is the most important thing at this point. I don't regret my decision it hasn't hurt me and could pay off at the right time.

I'm disappointed because he's only been an advantage at TE 1 week this year. Looks like another week of being outscored at the position. Maybe next week.....
I just looked, and he has literally not been outscored by my opponent's TE yet in any game this year for me. He tied once.

He's not blowing people away like usual, but he's certainly not a liability.

there aint NUTHIN' in room 237...NUTHIN'!

"Mr Grady, you were the care taker here"

"i'm sorry to differ with your , sir, but you are the caretaker.you've always been the caretaker.I should know,sir, I've always been here.."

Love your pic ,man..the Shining..what a great movie!!

The 100 yard 2 td games are coming. As someone who doesn't own him, I love his game last night. Gives me one more week to try to buy!!!!

Still waiting for that monster game. Only one great game this year
Let's set aside the "what if" for a little bit. No more "what if Brady had been more accurate" or "what if Gronk's touchdown last week hadn't been called back". Instead of "what if", let's look at "what is".

Here's what is: over the last three games, Gronkowski is averaging 10 targets, 6 receptions, 87.3 yards, and 0.33 touchdowns per game. Over a full season that would result in 160 targets, 96 receptions, 1397 yards, and 5.3 touchdowns. Yeah, the touchdown totals are low, but if there's one thing you don't have to worry about with Rob Gronkowski, it's whether or not his touchdowns are going to rebound.

Even without the "monster games", Rob Gronkowski has worked himself back into shape and is currently on a ridiculous tear. That pace would be worth 267.7 points in PPR, (315.7 in TE-premium), which would have outscored any non-Graham TE by 50 points last year, (60 in TE-premium). And he's doing this while dramatically underperforming his career touchdown rate.

Even if Gronk never rebounds, even if he doesn't put up a monster game, even if his touchdown totals stay down, even if Brady never gets more accurate... if Gronk does nothing more than keep doing what he's been doing in recent weeks, he's still a dominant advantage at the tight end position.

Edit: if we do want to play "what if", though... if Gronk's touchdown isn't called back last week, his three-game pace would project out to 96/1440/10.7 over a full season, which is 304.2 points in PPR and 352.2 points in TE-premium, which is more than Jimmy Graham scored in either format last year.

The 100 yard 2 td games are coming. As someone who doesn't own him, I love his game last night. Gives me one more week to try to buy!!!!
If you are buying, you're going to have to give the equivalent of a top 15 player. Remember that everyone who drafted him in the 3rd-4th round was expecting a bigger 2nd half of the season. Coming in to the week he was TE6 and climbing so I doubt that many owners would choose to sell right now.

Still waiting for that monster game. Only one great game this year
Let's set aside the "what if" for a little bit. No more "what if Brady had been more accurate" or "what if Gronk's touchdown last week hadn't been called back". Instead of "what if", let's look at "what is".

Here's what is: over the last three games, Gronkowski is averaging 10 targets, 6 receptions, 87.3 yards, and 0.33 touchdowns per game. Over a full season that would result in 160 targets, 96 receptions, 1397 yards, and 5.3 touchdowns. Yeah, the touchdown totals are low, but if there's one thing you don't have to worry about with Rob Gronkowski, it's whether or not his touchdowns are going to rebound.

Even without the "monster games", Rob Gronkowski has worked himself back into shape and is currently on a ridiculous tear. That pace would be worth 267.7 points in PPR, (315.7 in TE-premium), which would have outscored any non-Graham TE by 50 points last year, (60 in TE-premium). And he's doing this while dramatically underperforming his career touchdown rate.

Even if Gronk never rebounds, even if he doesn't put up a monster game, even if his touchdown totals stay down, even if Brady never gets more accurate... if Gronk does nothing more than keep doing what he's been doing in recent weeks, he's still a dominant advantage at the tight end position.
One thing he's not been so far this year is a dominant advantage at the TE position. He's finished a week in the top 3 once this year. And he'll most likely finish around TE8 or so this week. In my league, he's finished above TE6 1 time this year. And over the last 3 weeks Brady's thrown for 9 TDs. Gronk got 1 of those.

Right now, I feel like my 3rd round pick has been a bust. He needs a few weeks of dominance to justify the pick here in the 2nd half of the FFL season.

Users who are viewing this thread