What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (9 Viewers)

Since the snap count has been lifted--the last 4 games--he's put up 6.75/102.75/1 per. A season pace of 108/1,644/16. Otherwise known as Gronksmash.

During the same stretch, Julius Thomas has put up 4/41.75/1. A season pace of 64/668/16. Gronk thinks that's cute.

The Donnells, Kelces, and Walkers have all come back down to earth.

The Gronk is the TE moving forward and would be a first round pick today.

Gronk. :wub:

He's a rhinoceros disguised as a unicorn, playing in a unicorn only league. But he's as fast as a unicorn, so they can't prove it and can only speculate. (haters) And all the female unicorns love him and that makes the male unicorns hate him. But they secretly love him and draft him on their fantasy teams.

Yeah, I'm starting to get tons o' offers for Gronk now, a sure sign everyone thinks he's 'back'. He's single handedly keeping me in this weeks game.

Since the snap count has been lifted--the last 4 games--he's put up 6.75/102.75/1 per. A season pace of 108/1,644/16. Otherwise known as Gronksmash.

During the same stretch, Julius Thomas has put up 4/41.75/1. A season pace of 64/668/16. Gronk thinks that's cute.

He's a rhinoceros disguised as a unicorn, playing in a unicorn only league. But he's as fast as a unicorn, so they can't prove it and can only speculate. (haters) And all the female unicorns love him and that makes the male unicorns hate him. But they secretly love him and draft him on their fantasy teams.
Julius Thomas has 9 touchdowns in 7 games.

Gronk has 7 touchdowns in 8 games.

For the record.

In Thomas' last 4 games he has 4 TD's, exactly the same as Gronk.

*Edited Down*

Last edited by a moderator:

For the record.

You couldn't be more deceiving with your stats. Apparently you are comparing 4 games for Gronk with 3 games for Julius...as if not scoring during his bye week can be held against me.

jt for gronk straight up --- which side of that deal are you on?

For the record.

You couldn't be more deceiving with your stats. Apparently you are comparing 4 games for Gronk with 3 games for Julius...as if not scoring during his bye week can be held against me.

Gronk because JT is a very good cog in the offense but Gronk makes the NE offense.

Gronk right now. I think he's healthier and a safer bet for targets on a weekly basis. It's certainly close and Graham is absolutely a difference maker.

ETA: I read JG, as in Graham. Gronk and Thomas is a no-brainer. Thomas belongs in the next tier with Bennett.

For the record.

*Edited Down*
YTD PPG:

Thomas: 4/47/1.28 - 16.38 PPG

Gronk: 5/70/0.87 - 17.22 PPG

We're 8 weeks into the season and Gronk has already made up the difference.

Which is why Coop said both TEs are averaging the same number of TDs/g over that stretch.

Of course, over the last four games Gronk leads Thomas in targets (39 to 25), receptions (27 to 16), and yards (411 to 167!). Which, again, was the point Coop was making. If you pro-rate each player's last four games, Gronk would have 108/1644/16 and Julius Thomas would have 64/668/16. Identical touchdowns. Non-identical everything elses.

In PPR scoring, Gronk's last four games would pro-rate to 368.4 fantasy points, while JT would pro-rate to 226.8.

Even if you want to say that Gronkowski's huge game is skewing the comparison- and it is, in a huge way- if you toss out Gronk's big game his recent pace pro-rates out to 96/1397/5, Which would be 265.7 fantasy points- still more than JT has been scoring over his last four games.

Gronkowski has topped 9 targets in each of the last four games. Julius hasn't had 9 targets in a single game since October 6th... of last year. Gronkowski has topped 68 receiving yards in each of his last four outings. Julius Thomas hasn't reached that mark since week 1 of the season. Thomas has been held below 30 receiving yards three times this year. To find Gronkowski's 3rd game below 30 yards, you'd have to go all the way back to 2011.

For the whole season, Julius Thomas is averaging 16.7 fantasy points per game in PPR. Gronkowski is averaging 17.2. And Gronkowski is only getting hotter as the season goes on. Julius Thomas is trending in the opposite direction.

There's no contest for me between the two tight ends going forward. You'd have to add a pretty substantial piece to Julius Thomas to get me to trade Rob Gronkowski for him.

For the record.

I take Gronk, just like I did when I drafted Gronk and Thomas was still on the board.

...but Thomas still has more TD's in fewer games compared to Gronk at this point.

(main reason I'd rather have Gronk is the relative lack of receiving options around him compared to the plethora of targets Peyton has)

Dynasty leagues, JT and Gronk aren't that close to me. There's a whole tier difference there. Thomas is too reliant on TDs for my taste. The real question is Gronk or Jimmy Graham in a dynasty. Those 2 have been and are still in a tier by themselves and there's an empty tier until the next tier.

Dynasty leagues, JT and Gronk aren't that close to me. There's a whole tier difference there. Thomas is too reliant on TDs for my taste. The real question is Gronk or Jimmy Graham in a dynasty. Those 2 have been and are still in a tier by themselves and there's an empty tier until the next tier.
In a no-trade league, I'd take Gronk. In a league where trade value comes in to play, it's very close--Graham is likely safer and Gronk has more upside as he's 2+ years younger. The big advantage Graham has--he could tear his ACL today and be a top 15 player in start-ups next season. Gronk's market would dry up substantially with another major injury. Graham's HOF QB is also a couple years younger.

In a no-trade league, I'd take Gronk. In a league where trade value comes in to play, it's very close--Graham is likely safer and Gronk has more upside as he's 2+ years younger. The big advantage Graham has--he could tear his ACL today and be a top 15 player in start-ups next season. Gronk's market would dry up substantially with another major injury. Graham's HOF QB is also a couple years younger.
it would dry up until he hits the field again and starts going off. hes shown hes able to come back from major injuries. that said graham by a nose for me and i love gronk

Gronk played so well yesterday that I am ok with having sat Big Ben. Although had I played him, I'd only need 20 from Demarco Murray tonight to break my league's all time scoring record.

I just dropped Gronk. Im sitting first on the WW and plan on picking him back up so I can say I had the WW pickup of the year!

Gronk played so well yesterday that I am ok with having sat Big Ben. Although had I played him, I'd only need 20 from Demarco Murray tonight to break my league's all time scoring record.
Thanks to Gronk and Sanders, I finished 3 points shy of my league's all-time record with Roethlisberger on my bench. Would have crushed it by 30 points otherwise.

Yeah, I put up 225 this week with Gronk leading the way. If you would have asked me if I was going to put up 225 after Welker gave me a whopping 2.5 on Thursday night I would have laughed at you. It was a fluky ### week in the world of football though.

fruity pebbles said:
FWIW, I just traded Gronk and J.Bell for Graham in a dynasty league.

fruity pebbles said:
Hey, if you prefer Graham, that's not a bad price to pay. Some would say cheap, if you just have to have Graham.

But I've always been a Gronk guy.

fruity pebbles said:
Hey, if you prefer Graham, that's not a bad price to pay. Some would say cheap, if you just have to have Graham.

But I've always been a Gronk guy.
There are not many of us Gronk Guys left. Even Chad Parsons has fallen off the wagon and moved Graham ahead of Gronk in his dynasty rankings. We are a dying breed.

On the bright side, I learned that Mike Clay doesn't just have Gronk as his #1 dynasty tight end, he has Gronk as his #1 dynasty player, regardless of position.

What would it take to stop Rob Gronkowski?By Chris Wesseling

Around the NFL Writer

The Patriots enter their Week 9 bout with the Broncos boasting the hottest offense in the NFL with an average of 40 points over the past four games.

Despite the early-season hand-wringing over Tom Brady's performance, informed Patriots fans have long understood their fortunes rise and fall with the health of Rob Gronkowski.

From a statistical standpoint, Brady has essentially been Aaron Rodgers with Gronk on the field over the past few seasons -- and Andy Dalton without the All-Pro tight end.

Gronkowski has been a man among boys over the past month, averaging over 100 yards and a touchdown per game. As NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock pointed out, Brady is so confident in his go-to receiver that he ignored an open Julian Edelman at the goal line to opt for a covered Gronkowski in the end zone on the Patriots' first of many touchdowns versus the Bears.

On his 46-yard score two quarters later, Gronkowski beat free safety Chris Conte off the line and tossed strong safety Ryan Mundy aside after the catch.

If a pair of safeties are powerless to stop him, what would it take for one defensive player to contain juggernaut Gronk?

Comparing Gronkowski to the "offensive version of J.J. Watt," NFL Media's Nate Burleson emphasized on NFL NOW this week that the Patriots tight end looks like he was "built in a lab" or "pieced together by the football gods."

Shutting Gronkowski down, Burleson said, would require a defensive back with Kam Chancellor's size, Richard Sherman's playmaking ability and Patrick Peterson's speed and quickness.

As long as Gronk is healthy, the matchups and personnel sets will continue to put defenses in a bind. He's too quick for linebackers and too physically dominant for defensive backs.

The presence of such a dominant force has a symbiotic effect on New England's offense, leaving open spaces for Edelman, Tim Wright and Brandon LaFell to exploit.

After nailing 27 of 27 passes to Gronkowski, LaFell and Wright versus Chicago, Brady sports a higher passer rating (129.1) than Peyton Manning (127.4) over the past four games.

The Broncos' offense isn't the only one clicking on all cylinders in advance of Sunday afternoon's clash of the AFC titans.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast recaps every Week 8 game. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

Thanks to Gronk and Sanders, I finished 3 points shy of my league's all-time record with Roethlisberger on my bench. Would have crushed it by 30 points otherwise.
I finished 6 back with a donut from Floyd :rant:

I lost with Gronk last week. :(

(Nelson, Oliver, Russel didn't do me any favors, and I went full stupid and started Crowell at flex to get around byes)

Hoping Gronk gives me another shot this week...he needs to keep up with Charles, LeVeon, and Jeremy Hill)

I think I need at least two Gronk Smashes on Sunday.

Saw on the twitter the past 5 game span has been his best yardage wise in his career. That right?

Regardless he's back to being Gronk Smash.

Feeling pretty good about my trade for him earlier in the year. Basically was R.Jennings (who's been out with injury since the game after the trade) for Gronk. I feel bad for the other owner how this worked out.

Here was the trade (happened going into week 5, guy with Gronk had JThomas for TE and really needed a RB, and was concerned Gronk wouldn't really show up this season, Brady was playing bad, etc.)

Code:
GAVE UP:Rashad Jennings NYG - RBMike Evans TB - WRAndy Dalton Cin - QBFORRob Gronkowski NE - TEMatt Asiata Min - RBAdrian Peterson Min - RB O

Saw on the twitter the past 5 game span has been his best yardage wise in his career. That right?

Regardless he's back to being Gronk Smash.
Yup.

Over a full 16-game schedule, Gronk's pace over the last five games would pro-rate to 115/1651/16. On just 157 targets.

Edit: Basically Calvin Johnson's 2011, but with 20 more catches.

Users who are viewing this thread