What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (4 Viewers)

FWIW: sports talk discussing pregame discussing how no true back up QB for pats (Edelmann) so conservative play calling to protect Brissett from injury.  not sure what that means--quick drops, releases, short routes, more blockers???

Going with Gronk over Walford, mainly to have a reason to watch. I think Gronk could get a lot of short range targets as a safety valve, if the rookie is feeling rushed he can just throw it up where only Gronk can reach.

Cowher is a reporter?

Anyway, I guess we'll find out. If they run any option plays with Edelman, then Cowher had inside info. Nobody else mentioned that.
Yes.  Maybe not a very good reporter but he is interviewing the coach to report information on the TV.  Belichick knows that.

Hell. I don't think Belichick would give away anything if it was his own mother asking him questions.

I decided for J. Thomas over Gronk.

As much as I would love to roll him out there, just too many negatives. I don't mind some risk, but this is tipping the scales...

Of course if he puts up 20 tonight, I'll kill myself.

I remember last time Gronk was on a snap count he didn't do a lot between the 20s and had minimal yardage...... Along with 2 TDs. 
That was exactly why I put him in.  If I had Pitta I'd roll with him instead, he got fed the ball last week so a good risk mitigation.

Well first of all because I guarantee the discussion wasn't "well let's activate Gronk because even though we're not quite sure if he's healthy enough to run routes, there shouldn't be much chance for reinjury if we just have him block."  
He wasn't in on the first 3rd down of the game...

Let's see how this plays out. :popcorn:  

Pats are keeping a heat pack wrapped around his hammy between series...lets hope that's the plan and not because its already tweaked.

Only starting him because my other TE is Eifert and ESPN won't let me keep him on IR until he's officially declared "out". So I don't have a free roster spot anymore. :rant:

Targeted, Gronk had defender boxed out in endzone, pass sails over everyone. Could have been an easy 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another of my roster management errors this season. Gronk should not be any line ups. Not sure that he should be on the field. 

Users who are viewing this thread