What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (2 Viewers)

Darn the Cbs Breaking News text alerting me that Grant was playing.  

Would have rather been oblivious and gone with Rudolph. 

Sigh.  :wall:

Well we knew this was a risk. Not like Bennett blew up, although he did get more RZ targets that didn't pan out. That's going to be deadly with both healthy.

didnt start him. :bowtie:
Me either.

I'll wait till Brady's back.

We also need to consider if he's gonna be a flash car that's always in the shop.  I own him in a keeper league, and will consider trades.  Never would have done that beore.  Don't like Brady aging, and don't like Bennett being there.  

Well, here are my $.02: I've learned over the years it is far, far better to lose with your stud in the lineup even though rationally he shouldn't be, then to have him blow up on your bench. My wife was watching with me and reminded me of a time a few years ago I sat Graham when he was dominant in NO because he had a shoulder injury. After he scored his second TD, I stood up, beat my breast and implored the universe screaming at the top of my lungs, "I WANNA DIE!!!!"

never again....

Ya, last night hurt. I don't ever regret rolling Gronk out there though. It makes next week the difficult decision. Brisett was asked to and responded with staying to short throws, not turning the ball over and handing it off to Blount. I think if he goes again I'm sitting Gronk. Really wish the Pats wouldn't have him out there if he has to keep a heating pad on his thigh between offensive drives and if he's just going to block in the red zone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My backup is Tony Gates who is battling his own hamstring thing, feel like kicking myself in the groin today for starting Gronk but it was stil a sound decision 

Rynomite said:
Let the circle jerk begin - we called this one right (now let's pray Pitta plays well)
Short Term - If Pitta makes 1 catch for 1 yard, we made the right call.

Long Term - Please get better GRONK!!!

I don't understand the concern over Bennett. Didn't Gronk do just fine with Hernandez around?
He did. 

And Gronk will produce when he's out there. 

Bennett is not my primary concern, but he is a concern. Hernandez ran different routes, he was not an in line player like Gronk. 

My bigger worries, long term, are his durability, Brady's age, and the target competition.  

His injuries continue to pile up, and as players age, they don't tend to get healthier. Brady has become a dink and dunk QB, and the team has a ton of competition for short targets. Edelman, the target monster, Hogan, Amendola, Bennett, and Dion Lewis arrives at some point. 

Right now, I think the Pats look invincible, they are beating playoff teams with 3rd QBs, and Brady is coming back in a week, and every media outlet has all been warning of his impending return.  He's going to be angry, and they are going to run it up on everyone. 

I have Gronk in a keeper/dynasty league. I'm awaiting Eifert's return, and if he's back by trade deadline, I'll move Gronk. He'll fetch max return this year, I could see his price dropping next year. I totally might be wrong on this, but I believe it's last chance to cash out at full price this season.

This is exactly why we took a chance on starting Gronk.  Look at the other options that have been mentioned in the last few pages....

J.Thomas 13 yards

Gates 0 yards

Walford 27 yards

Pitta 42 yards

J.James 10 yards

Witten 25 yards

0 combined TDs from all of those guys.

Got burned last week. would lean towards starting him w/ Brady or Garrapolus, but lean towards benching with Briskit.  Of course, decision depends on alternative options - mine are halfway decent.

no alternative, but...

"no setback"

played week 3 on a snap count/blowout game

had a RZ target

10 days rest

starting him with confidence

Most Gronk owners likely did not load up on other decent TE alternatives. If you drafted him, you are pretty much obligated to start him on the chance he goes nuts. That being said, he is still hurt, Brady isn't back yet, he will likely be asked to block a lot, and he probably won't see a lot of targets. Clearly all he needs is a TD to merit starting him, but I see another mediocre week for him this week. If Jimmy G. starts, TD chance 30-40%. If Brissett starts, TD chance 10-15%.

I'm not starting him until Brady gets back as that zero killed me last week.  Fool me once ....  I have other options in a short bench league.

Any word on if he practiced today (Friday) or not?

The decision for Gronk owners boils down to this question: What can you better live with?

Him getting 0-3 points in your lineup?  Or him scoring 22 points on your bench?

I'm not risking another 0 out of him.  I can start Pitta over him, and then next week I'll be ready to roll with both Brady and Gronk on that team.  :moneybag:

I am sorta shocked anyone played him last week, and shocked people are playing him this week unless you REALLY have no other options.  I mean, WHY?  He is hobbled, barely playing all that many snaps, and doesn't have a QB.  Heck even the sucky QBs are hobbled.  One of the easier lineup decisions out there.

I am sorta shocked anyone played him last week, and shocked people are playing him this week unless you REALLY have no other options.  I mean, WHY?  He is hobbled, barely playing all that many snaps, and doesn't have a QB.  Heck even the sucky QBs are hobbled.  One of the easier lineup decisions out there.
i generally agree yet he should have had a TD last week and will probably get a couple chances this week.  So for this week I'd still put him in the 10-12 range of TE's probably.

We saw No. 87 on the field last week for the first time this season, but we definitely did not see "The Gronk." He took part in just 14 snaps and saw a single passing target. What should we expect from him this week against the Buffalo Bills? "Part of Gronkowski's limited workload was a result of the score. The Patriots were in command in the second half, so the coaches didn't push it with Gronkowski, who played only three snaps in the second half. He'll play more this week, but it would still be a surprise if he plays every snap. More than 50 percent seems like a safe bet, though," wrote NFL Nation Patriots reporter Mike Reiss.

No way I sit him. Last week was a huge risk but word is he's gonna play at least 50% of the snaps, he had no setbacks and Jimmy G is going to be the QB. I can see him getting up to 2-4 RZ targets if this is the case. Sign me up

I'd say he's still not trustable (Since I don't trust a word coming out of his coach's mouth).  Going with Barnidge instead.

Users who are viewing this thread