Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
bicycle_seat_sniffer

***** OFFICIAL Rob Gronkowski - RETIRED *****

3 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

stash a finished te for the playoffs? Why?

I'm just saying keep him at the end of your roster, if he comes back in week 14, or after the BYE, he could be a difference maker in the FF playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

I'm just saying keep him at the end of your roster, if he comes back in week 14, or after the BYE, he could be a difference maker in the FF playoffs.

Not likely, really. He'll block and be serviceable, but a roster spot, for the most part, is much more valuable than Gronk will be straight up in Wks 14-16. TE is deep this year. Points are almost everywhere to be had in twelve team leagues.  He's barely a TE1 right now. 

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Not likely, really. He'll block and be serviceable, but a roster spot, for the most part, is much more valuable than Gronk will be straight up in Wks 14-16. TE is deep this year. Points are almost everywhere to be had in twelve team leagues.  He's barely a TE1 right now. 

TEs are not deep this year and Gronk will be fresh and beastly if he returns before the FF playoffs. , In standard 22 -25 man, 12 team leagues, you're telling me Gronk is not rosterable ?

2 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

TEs are not deep this year and Gronk will be fresh and beastly if he returns before the FF playoffs. , In standard 22 -25 man, 12 team leagues, you're telling me Gronk is not rosterable ?

Oh, deepest I go is seventeen players, IIRC. Redraft. Bench spots are very valuable. 

• Like 1

Just now, rockaction said:

Oh, deepest I go is seventeen players, IIRC. Redraft. Bench spots are very valuable. 

understood.

21 minutes ago, 4th&inches said:

Was contemplating adding him as a potential playoff stash, but just got an alert about this interview and figured it's probably best to play the Wait game

Yup. After saying 20 concussions, no teams gonna dare touch him.

He is on my next to be dropped list. There currently isnt anyone else on the wire I'm excited about. I dont think he lasts past bye week defenses for me unless something offical comes out soon. 

He'll be back.

Week 12-13 report. 

In the lineup vs  KC week 14 for the game that determines the #1 seed in the AFC.

16 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

He'll be back.

Week 12-13 report. 

In the lineup vs  KC week 14 for the game that determines the #1 seed in the AFC.

Totally worthless in fantasy in that case.  He will be just barely be getting up to full snaps around the fantasy playoffs. 

I did pick him back up in a few dynasty leagues in case he does come back and I can find a believer.. 

Edited by kittenmittens

Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1181584075213160448

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Rob Gronkowski was hired as an NFL Analyst for FOX NFL Sunday.

He'll debut Thursday night for New England's barnburner against the Giants. Although this career move does pave the way for Gronkowski to find his calling in a post-football world, his return shouldn't be ruled out as both Jay Cutler and Jason Witten got back on the field only a year after they signed TV deals. He can still be dropped if you were among the few crossing your fingers for a November comeback.

Edited by The Frankman

Before you can come out of retirement, you have to take the free money from whichever network wants to give it to you. 

It's step 1 in the comeback playbook. If anything his return seems even more likely, especially with Watson being released. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

5 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Before you can come out of retirement, you have to take the free money from whichever network wants to give it to you. 

It's step 1 in the comeback playbook. If anything his return seems even more likely, especially with Watson being released. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/10/08/new-england-patriot-rob-gronkowski-joins-fox-sports-analyst/3907699002/

5 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Making room for Tyler Eifert?

• Like 1

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter · 12m

Patriots’ owner Robert Kraft, on the NFL Network pregame show, said Rob Gronkowski has yet to officially file retirement papers. Kraft said he can always hope and pray that Gronkowski might come back.

Of course, last time Kraft hoped for a happy ending, it did not work out so well for him.

He's no Tony Romo.

I actually think I hate this.

Edited by Max Power

He's giddy.

Oh man he's gonna be bad at this. Good for him though, he's having fun. I don't think he'll go back to football, I feel like we're all pretty much agreed on that. Gonna finally cut him in my TE Premium deep roster dynasty this week I think.

He already made a reference to it being easier to get a contract done with Fox than with the Pats lol...I think the people who say he would have kept playing for more money are right. 

59 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter · 12m

Patriots’ owner Robert Kraft, on the NFL Network pregame show, said Rob Gronkowski has yet to officially file retirement papers. Kraft said he can always hope and pray that Gronkowski might come back.

Of course, last time Kraft hoped for a happy ending, it did not work out so well for him.

Gronk looks jacked

Of course, Kraft got

• Like 1

Gronk is gonna be unbearable. He's trying to enunciate and it's hilarious. But it won't be after a game or two of this. At least he's just part of the pregame/halftime/postgame crew and not calling the games. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Gronk is gonna be unbearable. He's trying to enunciate and it's hilarious. But it won't be after a game or two of this. At least he's just part of the pregame/halftime/postgame crew and not calling the games. 

He's talking like this is the WWE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

He's talking like this is the WWE.

Fox obviously didn't make him audition, so that must have been his audition tape for WWE.

1 minute ago, bucksoh said:

Add him now to the rosters because broadcasting isn't it.

Honestly that corny crap will fly perfectly on the pregame and halftime shows. Most of those guys are terrible and way over the top. 

Would be different if he was on the broadcast like Witten was.

• Like 1

Holy crap that was cringeworthy AF. 

Was that a pro wrestling audition? 

He doesn't appear to be coming back as a TE anytime soon.

Edited by kittenmittens

Speaing Thursday, Rob Gronkowski admitted he has not closed the door on returning to the NFL.

Gronk was making his debut on FOX's pre-game show. "I would have to be feeling it, feeling it big time to come back," Gronk said. "It's always going to be open in my mind." Gronk's comments come the same day owner Robert Kraft came close to begging Gronk to come back. The talk is nice, but Gronk is already running out of time were he serious about lacing up in 2019.

SOURCE: Henry McKenna on Twitter

Oct 10, 2019, 8:23 PM ET

It's painful to watch someone that nervous speak.  He needs to come back to the NFL pronto.  He'll save a little face a la Witten.  He could be a Patriot on Monday.

1 minute ago, fruity pebbles said:

I wonder how much they’re paying Gronk to just be Gronk for a couple minutes.

Whatever it was, the ending sure was awkward.  

Pretty sure I just saw Gronk count to two on his fingers

Dude looked absolutely high as a kite on TV. He must of smoked a few good ones before going on 

NE doesn’t have the cap space to bring back Gronk at the moment. If he really wanted to play hardball, he could file for reinstatement and force the Patriots’ hand to either clear cap room or release him.

I’ve said all along that money was the reason Gronk retired, and I don’t think much has changed. Assuming Gronk decided he had interest in coming back, who knows if he would play for the remaining pro rated amount of his $9 million salary. It was rumored at the time that he wanted WR type money in the $15 million a year range. IMO, if NE had offered him a three year, $50 million extension with half guaranteed he would never have left. 

That being said, NE would not offer a deal like that. Too much money. Gronk too many injuries. Too old to sign for big dollars into his thirties. I think if Gronk has a legit interest in coming back, it would be next year. 

Tom Brady said Rob Gronkowski is "the only person" who can decide whether he returns.

Gronkowski, who was recently hired as a Fox studio analyst, has left the door open for a return and while Brady would surely welcome him back with open arms, the long-time signal-caller said that decision is up to him. "I love that guy. I'm so happy that he's enjoying his time, his life," Brady said Monday morning in his weekly appearance on WEEI. "I want what's best for him. He's the only person that can make those decisions. I don't lobby for those things." Brady seems to be at peace with Gronk's retirement though the Pats could sure use him right now with Josh Gordon (knee) and Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) both nursing injuries. Ryan Izzo and Matt LaCosse have shared tight-end responsibilities in Gronk's absence this year.

RELATED: 

Tom Brady

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Oct 14, 2019, 8:47 AM ET

Rob Gronkowski suggested he wants to return to the NFL next season.

"I don’t want to be banned from playing the sport I love because I’m using a product that anyone can buy at their local pharmacy," Gronkowski said at a CBD press conference. "I also want to have the option to get back into the game, and if I’m banned next year I can’t." Gronkowski made the comments in passing, but this is yet another sign he hasn't closed the door on returning. The Patriots placed Gronk on the reserve/retired list back in March, so they'll own his rights next year if he decides to unretire.

SOURCE: Boston Herald

Oct 26, 2019, 12:20 PM ET

3 minutes ago, Faust said:

Rob Gronkowski suggested he wants to return to the NFL next season.

"I don’t want to be banned from playing the sport I love because I’m using a product that anyone can buy at their local pharmacy," Gronkowski said at a CBD press conference. "I also want to have the option to get back into the game, and if I’m banned next year I can’t." Gronkowski made the comments in passing, but this is yet another sign he hasn't closed the door on returning. The Patriots placed Gronk on the reserve/retired list back in March, so they'll own his rights next year if he decides to unretire.

SOURCE: Boston Herald

Oct 26, 2019, 12:20 PM ET

Up hill battle to even play next year.  I doubt the league allows for CBD, even though they should.  It doesn't sound like he wants to stop using CBD and I doubt he will.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1

Gronk is awesome. Our HS has a big playoff football game today against a neighboring rival and he recorded a video to get the team pumped up. 

• Like 1

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/11/17/rob-gronkowski-shares-an-old-tom-brady-facebook-video-that-could-hint-at-a-comeback/

Rob Gronkowski Shares An Old Tom Brady Facebook Video That Could Hint At A Comeback

November 17, 2019 at 4:06 pm

BOSTON (CBS) — On Saturday night, Rob Gronkowski teased a big announcement coming up on Tuesday. That alone shouldn’t signal a potential comeback from the tight end.

But what he shared on Facebook on Sunday will certainly fuel the comeback fire. Gronkowski went with a throwback from Tom Brady’s facebook page, when the quarterback did his best Anchorman impression and called for his receiving corps to “assemble” with a conch shell. Gronkowski re-posted that video Sunday afternoon, asking “Tom Brady, do you think this still works?”

Bring on the comeback speculation — again.

I'm calling it now--he's only implying a potential comeback to get people to pay attention to his announcement, making it a big event. But it will be an announcement of something else entirely and he's just riding the hype/hope wave to it right now.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm calling it now--he's only implying a potential comeback to get people to pay attention to his announcement, making it a big event. But it will be an announcement of something else entirely and he's just riding the hype/hope wave to it right now.

If true, wouldn’t that be pathetic?