What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

North Korea thread (1 Viewer)

What worries me is that in the old days, we would just ignore them or have china bribe them off. now we have president tiny **** sending the imperial fleet with all the #### to sit over there while screaming openly for decapitation of the NK government. if there is any president that shouldn't handle #### like this, its him.

Worth noting, of course, that Trump can do whatever the #### he wants as commander in chief with North Korea.  We're still under an authorization for use of force (I guess technically not a war declaration).

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to dig into this earlier and only got one good response. Arguably we could say NK is using new technology to launch and also in the vehicle.

However if they're just doing another nuke test underground that's not that.

Alternatively there's no reason not to bring multinational diplomacy first. Every president has done that R or D. The counter argument is that that has failed, but lasting out NK is a long game and it takes patience. However alternatively we don't want to wake up one day and discover that NK can hit Australia, Japan, Hawaii, California or further with a nuke.
Of all the nations in this world, North Korea is going to come up with some grandiose new technology that will get a missel to America? Is that the fear here? Cause, if it is, I have some beach front property to sell anyone in nebraska. 

Of all the nations in this world, North Korea is going to come up with some grandiose new technology that will get a missel to America? Is that the fear here? Cause, if it is, I have some beach front property to sell anyone in nebraska. 
I'm no expert by any means. But it's only a matter of time imo

Other countries have the technology to get a missile to the US

NK regime keeps their people in line with the lie that an attack is imminent, only this time Trump's rhetoric and China's actions make it not really a lie. With control slipping away these last 10 years or so with more information getting into the country than ever before Kim Jong Un has to see this as an opportunity to tighten the grip on his people. The last thing we need is a confrontation with NK especially while we have a president who watches cable news non-stop and who doesn't read briefing books but believes in conspiracy theories.

Worth noting, of course, that Trump can do whatever the #### he wants as commander in chief with North Korea.  We're still under an authorization for use of force (I guess technically not a war declaration).
There's an AUMF? From when? I would think the war authorization from Truman would still be in place, no? 

Mario Kart said:
So why now? Why North Korea now? Makes no sense politically or otherwise. Yeah, the guy is a nut job and he's always acted this way. So, what has happened to all of s sudden escalate things? Is Trump feeling okay or what?
Their new rocket engine is a game changer.  Much longer range when they figure it out.  

What are the negatives from parking all of our missile-destroying, THAAD-enabled ships just off the Korean peninsula.... and just shooting down everything they fire off?

Yep.  That one.  But they never declared war.  Force was authorized by a UN treaty or police action signed by Congress years before. 
If we want to be technical, Trump has power as C-in-C to order military action without Congress' permission.  If he does so, they could complain, but unless they wanted to take the War Powers Act to the SC, they can't really stop him.  They've been reluctant to take that issue to court, because there are serious questions about Congress' power to actually pass that law.

If we want to be technical, Trump has power as C-in-C to order military action without Congress' permission.  If he does so, they could complain, but unless they wanted to take the War Powers Act to the SC, they can't really stop him.  They've been reluctant to take that issue to court, because there are serious questions about Congress' power to actually pass that law.
Yeah, we dicussed in either the Trump or Syria thread.  I don't personally think it has much of a leg to stand on, but Congress certainly does love to talk about it.

Yeah, we dicussed in either the Trump or Syria thread.  I don't personally think it has much of a leg to stand on, but Congress certainly does love to talk about it.
Sorry, I must have missed or forgotten about that. 

But, to clarify, you are saying you don't think the War Powers Act has much of a leg stand on?  Because if so, I certainly agree.

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom! 
The explosion is 6:40 AM on Saturday morning… Which will be around dinner time tomorrow night

EDIT: Odd siri move translating tomorrow night > Tonight.. I know I talk fast, but...

Sorry, I must have missed or forgotten about that. 

But, to clarify, you are saying you don't think the War Powers Act has much of a leg stand on?  Because if so, I certainly agree.
I am. You want to amend the Constitution, pass an Amendment.  I think the WPA is probably about as useful as a Presidential signing statement.

What are the negatives from parking all of our missile-destroying, THAAD-enabled ships just off the Korean peninsula.... and just shooting down everything they fire off?
The Chinese and Russians hate having THAAD around as it can peer pretty precisely into their country and see what they're doing.  So it is bad from that point of view.

Besides, there's no reason to waste (pretty damn expensive) rockets on everything they throw up there.  About half will fail on their own, anyway.

You do realize that Nebraska has beach front property, right? 

The Chinese and Russians hate having THAAD around as it can peer pretty precisely into their country and see what they're doing.  So it is bad from that point of view.

Besides, there's no reason to waste (pretty damn expensive) rockets on everything they throw up there.  About half will fail on their own, anyway.
Why would we want to do that?  :unsure:

I'm afraid that what's happening inside NK camps is far worse them Nazi Germany and Stalin's gulags .

The shame and sorry for doing nothing for so long is going to be unbearable.

I'm sure we already do, but that makes it obvious.  They both raised a stink when we put a THAAD system near the DMZ to protect Seoul not too long ago.
If they could get a leash on Kim Dong Nil and get him to keep his thimble **** in his pants, we wouldn't NEED a THAAD out there... 

Unlike his grandfather and father, does this far boy have any kids? I haven't heard of any kids that would take up the reigns after this guys death. Sure, he's only 30 or something and expects to be in power for 50 more years but does he have any now? 

Talk about containment by just waiting his line to die out. 

Unlike his grandfather and father, does this far boy have any kids? I haven't heard of any kids that would take up the reigns after this guys death. Sure, he's only 30 or something and expects to be in power for 50 more years but does he have any now? 

Talk about containment by just waiting his line to die out. 
He just murdered his brother - it's suspected because he believed the Chinese would substitute him as ruling monarch.

he has a sister who is sort of co-regent, and she's not bad looking not to mention popular. She relatively reasonable and like her now deceased bro also raised in the west. She should watch her back.

I don't know if there are any princes in the offing, however if they are I pity them. The best they could do is embezzle several millions and flee to Switzerland once they are of age.

Users who are viewing this thread