What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FBG PDSL 1 Comments Thread (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
PDSL 1 is set up at MFL

link:

http://www33.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/53291#0

then click on your franchise and change to your individual password

below draft order has been loaded with draft set to start at 8:00 EST Monday April 1

1. Phenix

2. Shadowfax

3. Steven Holloway

4. Jeff Pasquino

5. Brodway G

6. Crippler

7. Aaron Rudnicki

8. Teamramrod

9. Kardplayer

10. By the sea wannabe

11. Stinkin Ref

12. Duckboy

13. Broncos (suck)

14. krsone21

15. Blu-kun

16. FUBAR

:banned:

Tips on making MFL work for you in the draft

Once you are in as your team, go to setup and then select wireless. Once you verify your cell number, you can get updates for when you are on the clock.

I also set my number visible to logged in members of the MFL site. This can be helpful for notifying peeps when they are on the clock here.

Prediction for 1.1........Brees, Drew NOS QB

we will see.

Peace

Are we planning on drafting at MFL? I hope so instead of drafting here and transferring.
The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Monday. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above. If you aren't going to be around to pick, you can pre-draft at MFL using the commissioner password. Just make sure you chose the correct franchise when doing so. When the pick is posted in MFL, one of the other league members can post it here. Be sure to check MFL before skipping someone.

Someone should start a draft thread with a link to your league. It won't need to be updated but picks should go there.

'BassNBrew said:
'bro1ncos said:
Are we planning on drafting at MFL? I hope so instead of drafting here and transferring.
The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Monday. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above. If you aren't going to be around to pick, you can pre-draft at MFL using the commissioner password. Just make sure you chose the correct franchise when doing so. When the pick is posted in MFL, one of the other league members can post it here. Be sure to check MFL before skipping someone.
That makes no sense, why not just draft at MFL if we have to post them there?No offense, but thats pointless. Especially because there will be fewer skip picks witht he predraft function.This is about to get confusing for some, brace yourself. Drafting at MFL will be easier and better.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm drafting in MFL, may comment here but hope that once in a while someone will copy and paste the last few picks. As I'm at an end, i will copy the round and paste it here if nobody else has in the last few .

'BassNBrew said:
'bro1ncos said:
That makes no sense, why not just draft at MFL if we have to post them there?No offense, but thats pointless. Especially because there will be fewer skip picks witht he predraft function.This is about to get confusing for some, brace yourself. Drafting at MFL will be easier and better.
1. This is a messageboard draft. One of the main points is to generate discussion.2. Many here are blocked at work from MFL and wouldn't be able to participate.3. I don't want to deal with the timer mess at MFL.

Really glad to start out with Arian Foster at #3. Started off the WSL with Doug Martin and like the diversity here. Would have been ok with Martin, but glad to have Foster.

'BassNBrew said:
The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Monday. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above.If you aren't going to be around to pick, you can pre-draft at MFL using the commissioner password. Just make sure you chose the correct franchise when doing so. When the pick is posted in MFL, one of the other league members can post it here. Be sure to check MFL before skipping someone.
1. This is a messageboard draft. One of the main points is to generate discussion.2. Many here are blocked at work from MFL and wouldn't be able to participate.3. I don't want to deal with the timer mess at MFL.
why I am stuck with him again. sigh

Took mccoy and gronk at the turn.

Mccoy should continue to be a stud with chip. Gronk's injury scares me a little but he is too good to pass up here.

My team so far:

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

I was excited to have my picks of TE at the 1.14 spot. I decided on Jimmy Graham becuase he hasn't been as injured as Gronk so far.

I was happy to land Julio Jones as my #1 WR. I think he will continue to grow this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys have a timeout, somone will need to go in and make a dummy pick selection to get the mfl draft rolling again. Just be sure to chose someone who won't be drafted. When the offender shows up they should be able to make a replacement pick.

Through 3 rounds

Unfortunately you need a 2 RB's in this league so I had to go with MJD. Forte was the guy I was hoping for but that went by the way side. MJD was 2nd choice and 3rd is still out there. Going WR here would have made a nice unit but left me to go to guy.

So I was going 2 WR in first 3 rounds. Calvin was no brainer and love getting him. Andre was in a big group with a bunch of guys that I would have loved in the 3rd round also.

Good start with what I hope is a dependable RB to go with a very nice WR start.

This and This. Last year was an absolute DEBACLE with the MFL timer. Works much better here.

I can not access MFL at work, but can still sneak into FBG.

Peace

Haven't gone into a draft knowing I was going RB-RB in a long time, but after my poor RB showing in WSL, I decided I wasn't going to let that happen again.

With Spiller/McFadden, I'm thinking I'm going to name my team "Team Fragile" (must be Italian)....http://youtu.be/X1NR1omdvY0

Aaron Rudnicki Member Since 11 Apr 2003OnlineLast Active Today, 12:10 PM

he is on in the Free for All....like right now...not sure whats up.....sent him an PM myself early this morning...and another right now

doesn't look like he has logged on at MFL

I like the RB-RB start of Arian Foster and Chris Johnson. Approaching my third rounder, I had a short list of one each at three positions, TE Jason Witten, WR Roddy White, and QB Cam Newton. The three picks prior to mine absorbed that list of three. I considered Peyton Manning, but went with Hakeem Nicks as the three WRs required and the scoring volatility swayed my decision. Jeff nabbed Manning immediately afterward so those five consecutive were my five players. Apparently, the guys drafting adjacent to me have similar rankings, at least here and now.

Aaron Rudnicki Member Since 11 Apr 2003OnlineLast Active Today, 12:10 PM

he is on in the Free for All....like right now...not sure whats up.....sent him an PM myself early this morning...

doesn't look like he has logged on at MFL
now he's ####### gone....how do you come onto FBG, cruise around other forums, without even quickly checking on the draft you are in...?

and pm's have been sent that pop up....I don't get it...

1.11 Aaron Rodgers QB GB

2.06 Steven Jackson RB ATL

3.11 Stevan Ridley RB NE

Different direction then I normally go. Usually wait at RB. Rodgers was a conservative pick in first, kinda of in that want to make sure 1st round pick is solid kind of way. Pretty safe and allows me to use picks elsewhere coming up where the QBBC guys start grabbing their combos. Jackson at RB11 seems about right (right now) however I prefer him over Moris, Spiller, Charles, and Forte who were taken in front of him. Trying to think of a downside of his sitaution other then having a ton of talent around him on offense. I think he still gets a big share. When it came time for Ridley pick, I really thought about going WR or TE but looked at the remaining RB's and didn't want to "settle" for any of them as my RB2, and Ridley stood out like a sore thumb. Will be lead back, goaline love, Woodhead is gone, so if Ridley can improve in all areas of passing game, he could see the field more on 3rd down and increase catches and chances when NE passes in red zone.

McCoy, L

Gronk

Colston

Sproles

i apologize for the delay between 3.16 and 4.01 I was out with my sons, Colston was easy, and then it took me a while between deciding and playing with my boys. had Kaep written up but decided to see what happens if i wait at QB. Had to consider another guy not yet taken, but figured i would continue to play it safe through round 4

I like this start, although i was hoping nelson and ridley would fall.

Jimmy Graham TE NO

Julio Jones WR ATL

Vincent Jackson WR TB

Reggie Bush RB DET

I like my start so far. All 4 should catch a lot of balls which is important in a PPR league. We all know what Graham, Jones and Jackson can do. What I'm really looking forward to is seeing what Bush can do in a high powered offense being the #1 RB. I think he will catch a lot of balls.

1.13 Trent Richardson

2.04 DeMarius Thomas

3.13 David Wilson

4.04 Lamar Miller

I like this start. I think Richardson is going to be a work horse this year and should anchor my team. Thomas should be the most consistent of the receivers in Denver and should be a top 7 WR. Wilson and Miller should get plenty of touches in the passing game even if they aren't every down backs.

I was actually considering taking Decker at 4.04 and feel fairly certain where most weeks either Decker or Thomas will put up solid numbers with a score and weeks where they both produce. Is this a viable plan in a survivor league like this?

bro1ncos said:
1.13 Trent Richardson2.04 DeMarius Thomas3.13 David Wilson4.04 Lamar MillerI like this start. I think Richardson is going to be a work horse this year and should anchor my team. Thomas should be the most consistent of the receivers in Denver and should be a top 7 WR. Wilson and Miller should get plenty of touches in the passing game even if they aren't every down backs.I was actually considering taking Decker at 4.04 and feel fairly certain where most weeks either Decker or Thomas will put up solid numbers with a score and weeks where they both produce. Is this a viable plan in a survivor league like this?
dont think there is a concrete answer to your question...many times WR2 and even sometimes WR3's off teams can be more valuable then WR1's on other teams..

in your particular situation, however way you look at it, you just took a bench player within your first 4 picks and you don't have a QB or TE yet...with two pretty solid guys at RB on board, Miller was a luxary pick and do you really know that he is going to be the man or a "stud" worthy of that pick yet...I realize the speculation is that he will be the man...but who knows...you have to start 3 WR's so Decker would have been a solid play even with the bye week conflict in some respects....with the likes of a few of the QB's still on the board that won't make it back to you, that might have been the play, which also plays into your strategy of two WR's from the same team question....

edit: just reread that and not sure it made much sense, but bottom line I think Miller was a bad pick for you there and Decker would have been a better option no matter what....but I really think with what you had on board already (which I like) you passed up not only good value in a guy like Ryan, but a good fit for what you had done already....

1.08 Morris, Alfred WAS RB 2.09 Cobb, Randall GBP WR 3.08 Wilson, Russell SEA QB 4.09 Green-Ellis, BenJarvus CIN RB

Solid. Weak at WR/TE so far, but more to come.

Peace

bro1ncos said:
1.13 Trent Richardson2.04 DeMarius Thomas3.13 David Wilson4.04 Lamar MillerI like this start. I think Richardson is going to be a work horse this year and should anchor my team. Thomas should be the most consistent of the receivers in Denver and should be a top 7 WR. Wilson and Miller should get plenty of touches in the passing game even if they aren't every down backs.I was actually considering taking Decker at 4.04 and feel fairly certain where most weeks either Decker or Thomas will put up solid numbers with a score and weeks where they both produce. Is this a viable plan in a survivor league like this?
Wow....RB3 and no QB/TE yet. Not sure on this strategy. Miller is a good RB3 but not in the fourth round.

peace

bro1ncos said:
1.13 Trent Richardson2.04 DeMarius Thomas3.13 David Wilson4.04 Lamar MillerI like this start. I think Richardson is going to be a work horse this year and should anchor my team. Thomas should be the most consistent of the receivers in Denver and should be a top 7 WR. Wilson and Miller should get plenty of touches in the passing game even if they aren't every down backs. I was actually considering taking Decker at 4.04 and feel fairly certain where most weeks either Decker or Thomas will put up solid numbers with a score and weeks where they both produce. Is this a viable plan in a survivor league like this?
If this were dynasty, you'd be killing it. in a 16 team redraft, it's an interesting strategy.

Holy crap, Russell Wilson went QB6 in here.

Sorry, have to look at you guys' draft because PDSL3 is going so slowly.

1.08 Morris, Alfred WAS RB 2.09 Cobb, Randall GBP WR 3.08 Wilson, Russell SEA QB 4.09 Green-Ellis, BenJarvus CIN RB

Solid. Weak at WR/TE so far, but more to come.

Peace
Just saw this. The Russell Wilson pick makes more sense. I love your super troopers reference, so I don't mean to insult you, but this team appears to be the "all reach" team. I think Morris will improve his receptions this year, but RB5 in a PPR league is a reach. Cobb as WR7 is a reach. Wilson as QB6 has already been discussed. And I'm pretty sure the Bengals have been kicking the tires of FA RBs already this offseason, so I wouldn't be shocked if BJGE gets some competition via draft or free agency. Plus, he's not much of a receiver and this is 1ppr.

Again, don't mean to insult. Just giving a little objective team analysis.

hey kinda off topic here but does anyone know wth that "1 warning points" means over there under my picture...

<------------

I click on it to "view my warning points history" and then it tells me I don't have any warnings at this time.....

is somebody trying to tell me to quit dominating these drafts or something...?

I like what you did with the QB combo, Krsone,. Nice duo to have by waiting to the 5th to get first one and coming back with another. Well done.

Fubar might regret not taking at least one QB on the turn.

I like what you did with the QB combo, Krsone,. Nice duo to have by waiting to the 5th to get first one and coming back with another. Well done.

while we're passing out kuddos'....i think you have been killing it so far crippler...like what you have done with every pick...

I might, but frankly the difference between Ben (who I would have taken) to the QB I'll probably get next go-round should be less than the difference between Danario and the WRs who will likely fall.

Of course, if Danario gets injured and my QB sucks... then it's a bet I lost.

Still, I like my group so far:

RB: L McCoy, Sproles

WR: Colston, Gordon, DX

TE: Gronk

You won't find many better or "safer" RB combos, only one better TE (which is arguable), and while DX and Gordon are riskier than some, this WR group should be among the best group. QB could break me, but I don't think Ben would have saved me.

hey kinda off topic here but does anyone know wth that "1 warning points" means over there under my picture...

<------------

I click on it to "view my warning points history" and then it tells me I don't have any warnings at this time.....

is somebody trying to tell me to quit dominating these drafts or something...?
That actually doesn't show up for anyone else (I don't see your warning point). Surprisingly, I've got 0 warning points. I can be pretty blunt to stupid people so you'd think I'd have a couple for not being excellent to others. Yours must be a mistake.

Thank you Crippler. Being on the ends in the draft I felt I had to get two good QB's now because there probably wouldn't be a good one left by my next pick. Also I'm a firm believe that a team needs good QB's to win these things. I don't want to be stuck with risky QB's that may or may not have a job by the time preseason rolls around.

while we're passing out kuddos'....i think you have been killing it so far crippler...like what you have done with every pick...
Until I screwed my last one. Like the pick but I went to change to something else but was too late. That is what you get for pre-drafting so far ahead. It burned me this time because good chance I get Flacco or another QB I wanted in the 7th instead. Stafford was such good value but I could have lived with Flacco and another QB instead. It is like I wish I could trade down from the 4th and pick up a few 6th rounders instead :)

where the heck is phenix? At what point do we replace him? What kind of persons signs up for one of these and then doesn't have the common courtesy to shop up to make timely picks? This is completely ridiculous, he should be banned from these forever.

[/phenix]

BroadwayG said:
where the heck is phenix? At what point do we replace him? What kind of persons signs up for one of these and then doesn't have the common courtesy to shop up to make timely picks? This is completely ridiculous, he should be banned from these forever.

[/phenix]
:lol: Good stuff here BroadwayG.

BroadwayG said:

[/phenix] :missing:

Still, I like my group so far: RB: L McCoy, SprolesWR: Colston, Gordon, DXTE: Gronk You won't find many better or "safer" RB combos, only one better TE (which is arguable), and while DX and Gordon are riskier than some, this WR group should be among the best group. QB could break me, but I don't think Ben would have saved me.
I think you're killing this draft, but I would've gone QB/Sproles instead of Colston/Sproles. Maybe the only pick I would change.

QB - Romo and Rivers

RB - Foster & Chris Johnson

WR - Nicks & Bowe

TE - Finley

Really like that the team has some of every position so that I have comfort taking the most value independent of position.

Very much enjoying the pace of drafting with this group and apologies about the slight delay yesterday and the mis-step with the phone.

Still, I like my group so far: RB: L McCoy, SprolesWR: Colston, Gordon, DXTE: Gronk You won't find many better or "safer" RB combos, only one better TE (which is arguable), and while DX and Gordon are riskier than some, this WR group should be among the best group. QB could break me, but I don't think Ben would have saved me.
I think you're killing this draft, but I would've gone QB/Sproles instead of Colston/Sproles. Maybe the only pick I would change.
Thanks. I'm a fan of Colston.

I might, but frankly the difference between Ben (who I would have taken) to the QB I'll probably get next go-round should be less than the difference between Danario and the WRs who will likely fall.

Of course, if Danario gets injured and my QB sucks... then it's a bet I lost.
FWIW, I would have still taken Bradford; so this is Ben + XXxxx (WR I would have taken) vs. Geno + Alexander. We'll see how much a different it makes either way. The backup QB spot took me awhile. Had hoped Cutler or Tannehill would fall, a combo of Cutler/Bradford seems pretty decent.

Still, I do like:

QB: Bradford, Geno

RB: L McCoy, Sproles

WR: Colston, Gordon, DX

TE: Gronk

QB could kill me, but I figured I'd take the risk of Geno having a decent rookie year as opposed to Schaub who was my alternate choice there. Might regret that risk, but it could pay off if he hits Jacksonville or even Oakland.

Pretty risky on Geno.

Cutler/Bradford would have been decent.

I like Big Ben and WR now over Geno/Alexander and it is not really close.

Big Ben/Bradford wouild have done the trick also.

Users who are viewing this thread