What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FBG PDSL 2 Comment Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
http://www20.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/54422#0

Franchises are load and draft order is set. Commish password is fbgpdsl2.

You can go there and change your password for your team.

The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Monday. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above.

If you aren't going to be around to pick, you can pre-draft at MFL. Just make sure you chose the correct franchise when doing so. When the pick is posted in MFL, one of the other league members can post it here. Be sure to check MFL before skipping someone.

Someone please start a draft thread Picks will go there but it won't be updated. Put a link in that post to our mfl league and list the teams where we'll keep up with any draft clock penalties.

Last edited by a moderator:
On vacation camping for a week or I'd start the thread. Sorry for the delay! I set up wireless updates and put my cell # on my MFL team page if anyone needs to contact me. Thanks!

Fiddles moved to the 16th spot and is now on a 4 hour clock.

Still waiting for someone to start a draft thread who could keep track of the timeouts.. The owner list is posted above.

If you guys have a timeout, somone will need to go in and make a dummy pick selection to get the mfl draft rolling again. Just be sure to chose someone who won't be drafted. When the offender shows up they should be able to make a replacement pick.

If you guys have a timeout, somone will need to go in and make a dummy pick selection to get the mfl draft rolling again. Just be sure to chose someone who won't be drafted. When the offender shows up they should be able to make a replacement pick.
Yeah, that would have been better - to pick a dummy pick, because with us manually bumping him to the end, it wiped out my two picks that were pre-drafted, hence why everyone had to wait half a day for my first pick.

Yeah, that would have been better - to pick a dummy pick, because with us manually bumping him to the end, it wiped out my two picks that were pre-drafted, hence why everyone had to wait half a day for my first pick.
Sorry about that. Not much choice as the rules are that a missed first pick puts you in the last spot and then replaced.

I thought we were drafting in the thread and relying on Pms. I got no pm. I just added my email addy to my mfl setup. I don't think I should be on a 4 hour clock if we decided to draft on the fbg board thus I was assuming I would receive a pm like I have in every other draft I've been a part if over the last 10 years.

I thought we were drafting in the thread and relying on Pms. I got no pm. I just added my email addy to my mfl setup. I don't think I should be on a 4 hour clock if we decided to draft on the fbg board thus I was assuming I would receive a pm like I have in every other draft I've been a part if over the last 10 years.
I agree with Fiddles.....just sayin'

Sorry about that. Not much choice as the rules are that a missed first pick puts you in the last spot and then replaced.
Not a problem. As long as everyone realizes what happens if and when we bump someone to the end. If you've pre-drafted and you're next, it wipes them out. I didn't know it did that... lesson learned!

I just want to make sure that we're patient if that happens.

And let me say that I don't see the need to draft via a thread here at FBG if we can do it all on MFL. No need to PM either unless there's some extreme need, in my opinion. Seems unnecessary.

And let me say that I don't see the need to draft via a thread here at FBG if we can do it all on MFL. No need to PM either unless there's some extreme need, in my opinion. Seems unnecessary.
I agree, but I will do whatever is asked.

No four hour clock for Sinrman!

Although not clearly stated there are two possible penalties for timing out.

The normal penalty is that the clock is cut in half.

For the first round only, the penalty for a miss pick, is droping down to the last spot and being replaced if another miss pick occurs in round one.

At least that is the way I interpet the rule.

When I first looked I thought I had the 15th pick.. LOVE the ends right now and look at what fell -

I would have loved to walk away with Spiller and a QB - either Brees or Brady and my plan was to get a QB...

Then, the dice were rolled, lol...

For my draft board there was a step down in talent in the 2nd round at some point... But, I'm happy with Demaryius Thomas, the last guy on my list before I had to throw a dart at the next 5-6 tier of players.

Jamaal Charles / D Thomas Start

When I first looked I thought I had the 15th pick.. LOVE the ends right now and look at what fell -I would have loved to walk away with Spiller and a QB - either Brees or Brady and my plan was to get a QB... Then, the dice were rolled, lol... For my draft board there was a step down in talent in the 2nd round at some point... But, I'm happy with Demaryius Thomas, the last guy on my list before I had to throw a dart at the next 5-6 tier of players. Jamaal Charles / D Thomas Start
Westbrook / Marshall here. Really was hoping for SJax in the 2nd.

I've been on FBG forever but just really taken advantage of the boards in the past 6 months and found these drafts. Sorry my first couple rounds were so slow it has been a really bad week for me. I will try to get into Mfl and get set up through there. I'm going to tigers opening day tomorrow and terrible reception is the norm in Detroit when it gets busy!

01.06 - WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions

02.11 - RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars

03.06 - QB Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

I'm going for a flexible approach that won't require me to lock in to any one position at any given time. This is helpful when value might drop off the corners into the middle of each round. I probably need to focus/re-focus on WR, but Calvin gives me some time to operate in other positional arenas.

01.06 - WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions02.11 - RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars03.06 - QB Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers I'm going for a flexible approach that won't require me to lock in to any one position at any given time. This is helpful when value might drop off the corners into the middle of each round. I probably need to focus/re-focus on WR, but Calvin gives me some time to operate in other positional arenas.
Thats a helluva start. I really like it.

I'll be totally off the grid until Sunday around 6 pm. Pre-drafted my next pick. Crippler or one of the guys in league 1 can draft for me if I'm up again before Sunday noon.

So far I'm looking at:

1.14- Jimmy Graham- TE

2.3- Matt Forte- RB

3.14- Matt Ryan-QB

I feel like so far so good but I'd have been through the roof on the team if I had been able to land Bush or Sproles in the third. I liked them both enough that they were predraft options #1 and #2 before the second round was over. Never really came that close to Reggie but Sproles was just close enough to frustrate me.

BassNBrew said:
I'll be totally off the grid until Sunday around 6 pm. Pre-drafted my next pick. Crippler or one of the guys in league 1 can draft for me if I'm up again before Sunday noon.
I don't think BnB has anything to worry about

Does he time out again or us clock off in weekend?
Rules read:

8 hour clock

clock is turned off 12am - 8am EST

So clock is running and he timed out because he's on half a clock.

I"ll send a PM to next.

Nothing personal Jeaton but I'm with Reaper's suggestion. I think when you look at the time it Jeaton to make his first two picks, inability to pick since than despite logging on and having an entire Friday night/saturday afternoon and a pre-draft feature at this disposal it's best to find a replacement.

Rules read:

8 hour clock

I"ll send a PM to next.

Nothing personal Jeaton but I'm with Reaper's suggestion. I think when you look at the time it Jeaton to make his first two picks, inability to pick since than despite logging on and having an entire Friday night/saturday afternoon and a pre-draft feature at this disposal it's best to find a replacement.
Hold up on this. I just went to draft him a replacement player and see he has 4 players listed to draft. Seems to me like he made an attempt to pre-draft.

I'm going to pick him one of those 4 players now but what about his Akers replacement pick? Should we draft him another of his 4 players or let him handle the replacement pick later? I don't want to be the one to make this decision since it impacts my pick which is next.

So I'm up, we need to figure out what to do with his replacement pick, once we do someone PM me to let me know I'm up because I don't want to predraft as it might take one of his two picks.

Rules read:

8 hour clock

I"ll send a PM to next.

Hold up on this. I just went to draft him a replacement player and see he has 4 players listed to draft. Seems to me like he made an attempt to pre-draft.

I'm going to pick him one of those 4 players now but what about his Akers replacement pick? Should we draft him another of his 4 players or let him handle the replacement pick later? I don't want to be the one to make this decision since it impacts my pick which is next.

So I'm up, we need to figure out what to do with his replacement pick, once we do someone PM me to let me know I'm up because I don't want to predraft as it might take one of his two picks.
Since he attempted to predraft I'm all for waiting until he logs back on. We're way behind the other 2 drafts so waiting isn't going to hurt us. I know predrafting on mfl the 1st time can be a little tricky. Just a thought

Two cents from someone not in this draft and with no dog in the fight.

IMO you should pick for him and find a replacement. He's been slow every pick and hasn't checked in since 6pm yesterday even though he had two picks coming up. He also didn't alert anyone that he'd be out of commission.

Worst case it's a little harsh (though I don't think so), but no one will die. And you can get on with your draft.

I went ahead and made what I deemed a logical call. I changed his Akers pick in the third round to Crabtree, or was the next player on his list(and by the way the guy I was about to pick).

Best case he got the two players he actually wanted if he was drafting live. Worst case he got his top choice and next highest rated WR but he'd have preferred to not go WR/WR but looking at his roster makeup I don't see it as big deal.

Now I'll go pick and we can move on.

I blame BnB for being off the grid :)we need some to Alexander Haig this baby
Here is the rule stated by BnB and we have used this rule in the past: If you miss a pick your clock is cut in half. You can make up your pick at any time. If you miss two picks and haven't made them up when you come back on the clock for a third time, you'll be replaced.

I don't know how many picks Jeaton has missed in a row up to this point but once he reaches his third without a pick I think its safe to say its time to move on and find a replacement.

Guys I had 7 autopicks in mfl on Thursday night. Not all of them were taken so I don't understand how they didn't trigger?

Guys I had 7 autopicks in mfl on Thursday night. Not all of them were taken so I don't understand how they didn't trigger?
I can confirm he did have 4 players listed to draft when he was up in the 4th round but I'm not familiar with the pre-draft function to know why it did not work.

Anyway unless you really hated going WR/WR you got the two highest rated players left on your list.

Completely agreed those were the two I wanted. First time using mfl can someone tell me where I need to put in the autopicks so it isn't a problem going forward. I apologize for all the issues. Thanks.

Weird.. that the draft board never showed you with auto-picks..

There's a difference between making a draft list and actually autopicking...

For Owners>>> My Draft list (sets up your draft list which you can pick from when drafting)

Then

For Owners >>> Draft (actually Auto drafts)

After you do the 2nd you should be predrafted and when you go to Reports>>> League>>> Draft It should show you as having auto-picked

If that makes sense ;)

Completely agreed those were the two I wanted. First time using mfl can someone tell me where I need to put in the autopicks so it isn't a problem going forward. I apologize for all the issues. Thanks.
For Owners > Draft > Select the players to autodraft

When done go to: Reports > League > Draft - (Next to your name if it says Pre-Draft Selection Made, then you should be good to go.)

Users who are viewing this thread