What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 PDSL 3 Comment Thread (1 Viewer)

We're just doing this "live" as people get to it? There's no set time for the draft?

That's just the way I like it, but am just wondering.

Also - link to rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry...thought I had backed out of this. Wed/Thurs especially right now I have very limited availability. Should be OK other days though.

If you guys have a timeout, somone will need to go in and make a dummy pick selection to get the mfl draft rolling again. Just be sure to chose someone who won't be drafted. When the offender shows up they should be able to make a replacement pick.

I guess the newbie will make the first editorial comment on this thread:

1.16 - Drew Brees, NO QB

2.01 - Brandon Marshall, CHI WR
Brees was a slam-dunk at this spot IMO. Frankly I'm stunned 10 RBs went off the board before he did.

I agonized a little bit more over the 2.01 - kinda wanted a RB here - but Marshall had twice as much VBD as anyone left on the board, at any position.

Very happy to have Rodgers and Dez. I took Dez over Julio which I assumed I'd be criticized for. Very high on Dez. My #3 Dynasty WR.

Very happy to have Rodgers and Dez. I took Dez over Julio which I assumed I'd be criticized for. Very high on Dez. My #3 Dynasty WR.
If this were dynasty, I certainly would've taken Dez over Morris. But stud RBs are too valuable in this format -- and WRs too plentiful -- for me to pass up Morris here.

But stud RBs are too valuable in this format -- and WRs too plentiful -- for me to pass up Morris here.
Given that I don't have an RB yet and don't pick again until #48, I guess we'll have a pretty good case study to test out that theory!

But stud RBs are too valuable in this format -- and WRs too plentiful -- for me to pass up Morris here.
Given that I don't have an RB yet and don't pick again until #48, I guess we'll have a pretty good case study to test out that theory!
Our close pick location does make us a good test case, but we can't rule out the possibility that you just pick better players than I do!

Man, my #1 target in each round went early. Was planning on a Gronk/SJax combo. Given earlier drafts I thought it was a lock. I guess I signed up for the wrong PDSL!

Given that this is PPR, why the emphasis on RBs? I'd have thought Morris would slip pretty far due to his lack of receptions last year (although I expect more involvement this year).

Man, my #1 target in each round went early. Was planning on a Gronk/SJax combo. Given earlier drafts I thought it was a lock. I guess I signed up for the wrong PDSL! Given that this is PPR, why the emphasis on RBs? I'd have thought Morris would slip pretty far due to his lack of receptions last year (although I expect more involvement this year).
Why RBs? Because there aren't 32 I'd be comfortable with, and there are more than 48 WRs I'd be ok with. Why Morris? Because he was my favorite on the board and I know he'd be gone by 3.15. He's a TD guy, which is good -- I believe -- in a draftmaster league.

Fair enough. But in best ball leagues, having a team that looks good when just looking at the top 3WR and top 2RB isn't as important as people think.

Fair enough. But in best ball leagues, having a team that looks good when just looking at the top 3WR and top 2RB isn't as important as people think.
nope but it helps.....sometimes "depth" (which everybody will have about the same of at RB/WR) can only carry you for so long and you need the studs to do what they do....

Sproles at 2.06. I generally think Sproles is undervalued, but this is pretty high. Wonder if you could have gotten him in the third.

2.06 in a 16 team league is a little different then in a 12 team league. If his ADP is anything to go by, he would have gone towards the end of this round......and I wanted him.

Sproles at 2.06. I generally think Sproles is undervalued, but this is pretty high. Wonder if you could have gotten him in the third.

2.06 in a 16 team league is a little different then in a 12 team league. If his ADP is anything to go by, he would have gone towards the end of this round......and I wanted him.

I don't know his adp; just noticed that he went 4.01 in pdsl 1. Not knocking the pick, I'm just interested in people's views on him because I like him too.

nope but it helps.....sometimes "depth" (which everybody will have about the same of at RB/WR) can only carry you for so long and you need the studs to do what they do....
True, but in a 16-team PPR + 6pt PTD + 2PPR TE league I'd expect to see RB value take a hit as QBs, TEs, & WRs are targeted. I can't believe Gronk and Graham don't go earlier than they do.

Fitz at WR6 ... interesting (dammit).
With Palmer in town I feel like WR6 was a steal. I can't see him posting a stat line less than 90/1200/8 with a decent shot at 95/1400/12. That being said, I was going to take SJax if he was there. If I'd been in PDSL 1 or 2, my team would be Gronk/SJax.

I was seriously considering AJ over Fitz, but I always draft AJ so I mixed it up. Plus, I can't ignore the touchdowns.

FF Ninja, on 04 Apr 2013 - 08:17, said:

Stinkin Ref, on 03 Apr 2013 - 17:56, said:

FF Ninja, on 03 Apr 2013 - 17:44, said:Fair enough. But in best ball leagues, having a team that looks good when just looking at the top 3WR and top 2RB isn't as important as people think.
True, but in a 16-team PPR + 6pt PTD + 2PPR TE league I'd expect to see RB value take a hit as QBs, TEs, & WRs are targeted. I can't believe Gronk and Graham don't go earlier than they do.
wdcrob, on 03 Apr 2013 - 18:48, said:>>Fitz at WR6 ... interesting (dammit).
With Palmer in town I feel like WR6 was a steal. I can't see him posting a stat line less than 90/1200/8 with a decent shot at 95/1400/12. That being said, I was going to take SJax if he was there. If I'd been in PDSL 1 or 2, my team would be Gronk/SJax.I was seriously considering AJ over Fitz, but I always draft AJ so I mixed it up. Plus, I can't ignore the touchdowns.
FWIW, I ran through some initial projections for Palmer/Fitz and came up with 95-1331-9 -- so right in line with what you're thinking.At least AJ made it back to me though -- was starting to think I was going to miss out on everyone I wanted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even realize you were the one who drafted AJ. He's a solid pick, especially in this format. How he only caught 4 TD last year is beyond me.

Hey, does anyone know how to draft rookies in MFL? I was just checking and I can't even find Lacy on the alphabetical list, much less any other rookies. I'm not trying to draft a rookie in the 3rd round - just curious.

Rookies should now be available for the draft...

I didn't even realize you were the one who drafted AJ. He's a solid pick, especially in this format. How he only caught 4 TD last year is beyond me.

Hey, does anyone know how to draft rookies in MFL? I was just checking and I can't even find Lacy on the alphabetical list, much less any other rookies. I'm not trying to draft a rookie in the 3rd round - just curious.

Took Manning over the other options -- more questions about the QB, but liked the stability and quality of the WRs there. Esepcially with the addition of Welker.

Also PMd Rudy

I think alot of the next tier QBs are very similar. Unless im getting Arod or Brees, I'll be waiting later for my QB. Went Chris Johnson at 3.04 as my RB2 becuase the WRs I wanted all went right before.

Usually I would go Gronk/Graham at 1.8, but I'm pretty convinced that Hernandez will catch over 100 balls (and maybe even approach welker #s) as long as he is healthy, so I set out to get him in the 2nd. That left me with an RB choice and I went with Lynch because the presence of Harvin and another year of growth from Wilson might make him nigh unstoppable. It will certainly increase his touchdown opportunities. I expect the Seahawks to be a winning team that feeds Lynch all kinds of carries against tired, beaten defenses...

Thought McCripple would drop. Guess not.
I think 39th overall is probably right around fair value for D-Mac in this format, maybe even a touch low.

In a survivor league you can afford to gamble a little more on high-risk and oft-injured players, since you know you won't be stuck with a zero at the position if (or rather when) a guy like D-Mac becomes a game-time scratch.

Personally, I'm still trying to wrap my head around why, in a start 2-RB and 3-WR, PPR format, we've had 18 RB's go off the board to this point and only 12 WR's. :confused:

it seems easier to find WR's later with alot of guys all bunched together. Top Rb's are hard to find. Also with 2points for TE rec. it really pushes those TE's up the board, instead of taking more WRs.

Interesting draft. A lot of picks that I disagree with.
Curious what you think about my first 4 to this point:

1.16 - Drew Brees, QB

2.01 - Brandon Marshall, WR

3.16 - Vincent Jackson, WR

4.01 - Frank Gore, RB

I don't hate it, and none of them feel like a reach, but to some extent it feels like I'm drafting last season's All-Pro team for next season. Heck, Marshall's the youngest guy on my roster to this point, at the tender age of 29.

I almost went away from a RB at 4.01 but it just seemed like I'd be hanging my ### waaaaay out on a ledge by waiting 80 picks to take my RB1.

I knew most would dislike my Nicks pick. The guy is always hurt but I really feel like he has top five potential.

I knew most would dislike my Nicks pick. The guy is always hurt but I really feel like he has top five potential.
I would have taken him or VJax at 4.02 if either had fallen that far. But I had Tony G as the best TE available, by far.

Users who are viewing this thread