What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Freeman - what's his future hold? (2 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading about Freeman I stumbled across The Dirty which has multiple claims that he enjoys having...toys...used on him. I'm taking it for what it's worth - nothing - but it seems to jive with things that are being said now. If true he should have came out as the first openly gay player when he was a rookie.
Like you said, take it for what its worth. That can be anyone saying anything. However, it is bound to happen, a gay player in the NFL. We all know some are just not open about it, I am always curious which ones are, any big names or any who are married and just putting on a front because they have to.

Schiano seems like a guy who would be mad if a player was gay in my opinion, his hard ## type, so much so to separate him from the rest of the team. I do not like Schiano as this is not how a professional coach should handle himself on many fronts from the defense on kneel downs to treating players who earned respect like Revis with disrespect.

Maybe Schiano is anti gay and that is why he lost Freemans respect and issues then came about and some of the locker room. And maybe it was Freeman who released the drug rumors that are coming out so when the gay rumors hit his camp could deflect as just another rumor. People will do interesting things to keep stuff secret, even risking embarrassment in other angles to keep something so secret.

I love conspiracy theories.

Reading about Freeman I stumbled across The Dirty which has multiple claims that he enjoys having...toys...used on him. I'm taking it for what it's worth - nothing - but it seems to jive with things that are being said now. If true he should have came out as the first openly gay player when he was a rookie
Anyone can post anything on the internet.

Reading about Freeman I stumbled across The Dirty which has multiple claims that he enjoys having...toys...used on him. I'm taking it for what it's worth - nothing - but it seems to jive with things that are being said now. If true he should have came out as the first openly gay player when he was a rookie.
Then why mention it?

Boy oh boy...

The nite crew looks like a bunch of drama queens. Let's take this back to what we know and don't know. Josh Freeman claims to have passed 46 drug tests in two years. That can be easily proven or disproven as fact or lie. For now, we have to take him at his word. Coach Schiano said he's not the one who was the source of the leak. I actually believe this and no problem taking him at his word. All the rest of this wild speculation is stuff I wish I could unread, because it's really reaching into the worst in some people.

Just rewatched this.Absolutely ####### ridiculous behavior in the victory formation. An embarrassment that Tampa even lost this game. (Have watched the last few minutes a few times now -- still amazed they found a way to lose this). Arizona offense did absolutely nothing all game.
This just happened? Again? Wow this guy is dumb

Raiderfan32904 said:
Boy oh boy...

The nite crew looks like a bunch of drama queens. Let's take this back to what we know and don't know. Josh Freeman claims to have passed 46 drug tests in two years. That can be easily proven or disproven as fact or lie. For now, we have to take him at his word. Coach Schiano said he's not the one who was the source of the leak. I actually believe this and no problem taking him at his word. All the rest of this wild speculation is stuff I wish I could unread, because it's really reaching into the worst in some people.
I think your post was good, dude. Yeah, we don't know if he's passed 46 drug tests, but we know he hasn't failed 2. He can fail 1 and we won't know, but fail another and it's reported, right? That's enough for me. And why would Schiano put all those rumors out there? He knows he has to answer any questions abou his football team, and answering football specific questions in pain in the ### enough. Piling on weird rumor confirming questions about Freeman is just shooting himself in the foot, and he's smart enough to not do that. All that other stuff is just terrible. I think it just comes down to Schiano wanting to play a QB he thinks will win and other Freeman supporters want to create some explanation story because his lack of merit isn't enough reason for them.

flapgreen said:
Craig_MiamiFL said:
Steed said:
Just rewatched this.Absolutely ####### ridiculous behavior in the victory formation. An embarrassment that Tampa even lost this game. (Have watched the last few minutes a few times now -- still amazed they found a way to lose this). Arizona offense did absolutely nothing all game.
I always thought that was dumb. You can teach the 60 minute game in other ways than blowing up a formality/game ending play.

The bum rush victory formation is bush league stuff. Coaches around the league have no respect for Schiano. Even the Bucs players have to sheepishly apologize after the game. He's been widely criticized for pulling that garbage before, and he does it again. I think even the fans in the stands are embarrased. It's stupid.

The bum rush victory formation is bush league stuff. Coaches around the league have no respect for Schiano. Even the Bucs players have to sheepishly apologize after the game. He's been widely criticized for pulling that garbage before, and he does it again. I think even the fans in the stands are embarrased. It's stupid.
The first time he did it against the Giants I didn't have a problem becasue it had worked for him in college. However, now that he has done it several times other teams are expecting it. He just looks like a meat head idiot at this point. He should stop doing it then do it years later, but I doubt he will be in the league by then.

In a statement to FOX Sports on Monday night, Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman addressed reports he's in the NFL's substance-abuse program by saying he has a temporary use exemption to take Adderall for ADHD and entered the program voluntarily.

Freeman's statement was issued in response to a report from ESPN stating he's in the first stage of the league's drug program. Though he's currently a few steps away from a potential suspension, Freeman felt the need to address the reports and clarify his situation, surely to help his cause in finding a new team, either by trade or through free agency if he's soon released. "Let me be very clear. I have NEVER tested positive for any illegal drugs or related substances," Freeman wrote. "Further, I have agreed to take, and have PASSED 46 NFL-regulated drug tests over the last year-and-a-half."

Freeman says he entered the substance-abuse program more than 1-1/2 years ago, when he took Ritalin rather than his prescribed Adderall. Freeman said he offered to enter the program and be subject to repeat testing to show he made a "one-time mistake." An independent source with knowledge of Freeman's situation confirmed to FOX Sports Freeman's account of how he entered the program and that he has passed all tests.

The source also said current head coach Greg Schiano was suspicious as to why Freeman was being tested regularly at the start of Schiano's time with the Buccaneers. The source said Freeman didn't initially divulge the full details of his situation to Schiano but assured him it wasn't related to a positive test.

"I agreed to allow such testing to be done at my workplace (team facility) because I spend all of my time there and I have nothing whatsoever to hide or be embarrassed about," Freeman said in his statement. "Unfortunately, it appears that some people who may have noticed the testing at my workplace have made hurtful and incorrect assumptions and chosen to disseminate inaccurate and very disturbing information."
link

In a statement to FOX Sports on Monday night, Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman addressed reports he's in the NFL's substance-abuse program by saying he has a temporary use exemption to take Adderall for ADHD and entered the program voluntarily.

Freeman's statement was issued in response to a report from ESPN stating he's in the first stage of the league's drug program. Though he's currently a few steps away from a potential suspension, Freeman felt the need to address the reports and clarify his situation, surely to help his cause in finding a new team, either by trade or through free agency if he's soon released. "Let me be very clear. I have NEVER tested positive for any illegal drugs or related substances," Freeman wrote. "Further, I have agreed to take, and have PASSED 46 NFL-regulated drug tests over the last year-and-a-half."

Freeman says he entered the substance-abuse program more than 1-1/2 years ago, when he took Ritalin rather than his prescribed Adderall. Freeman said he offered to enter the program and be subject to repeat testing to show he made a "one-time mistake." An independent source with knowledge of Freeman's situation confirmed to FOX Sports Freeman's account of how he entered the program and that he has passed all tests.

The source also said current head coach Greg Schiano was suspicious as to why Freeman was being tested regularly at the start of Schiano's time with the Buccaneers. The source said Freeman didn't initially divulge the full details of his situation to Schiano but assured him it wasn't related to a positive test.

"I agreed to allow such testing to be done at my workplace (team facility) because I spend all of my time there and I have nothing whatsoever to hide or be embarrassed about," Freeman said in his statement. "Unfortunately, it appears that some people who may have noticed the testing at my workplace have made hurtful and incorrect assumptions and chosen to disseminate inaccurate and very disturbing information."
link
So what's the whole debate about?

Freeman has played poorly, he deserves to be benched. I guess it sounds like folks are claiming he's being smeared but then maybe Freeman's camp (ie agent) is doing that to protect his rep and worth.

But the bottom line is he has played badly, despite the talent, for a team that is loaded with talent. Whatever the truth of the substance program, how many starting QBs can that be said of, whether it was for taking cold medicine or adderall or whatever, it shouldn't be happening with a starting QB.

Raiderfan32904 said:
Boy oh boy...

I think your post was good, dude. Yeah, we don't know if he's passed 46 drug tests, but we know he hasn't failed 2. He can fail 1 and we won't know, but fail another and it's reported, right? That's enough for me. And why would Schiano put all those rumors out there? He knows he has to answer any questions abou his football team, and answering football specific questions in pain in the ### enough. Piling on weird rumor confirming questions about Freeman is just shooting himself in the foot, and he's smart enough to not do that. All that other stuff is just terrible. I think it just comes down to Schiano wanting to play a QB he thinks will win and other Freeman supporters want to create some explanation story because his lack of merit isn't enough reason for them.
Schiano's in self preservation mode. Now he's painting the picture that Freeman was a terrible guy to work with and it's not schiano's fault the team is in the $hitter. As for diminishing his trade value, he didn't have much after losing all those games. At least the 49ers could sell Alex smith as a competent ame manager.

Josh Freeman fined twice by Buccaneers in last monthBy Kevin Patra

Around the League writer

The blow-by-blow of Josh Freeman's troubled relationship with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers presses on.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, per a union source, that the Bucs fined Freeman twice in the last month, including once in the past week for conduct detrimental to the team. That conduct includes missing at least one team meeting and participating in an unauthorized media interview. Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter first reported the news and Trotter also says Freeman plans to appeal the fines, per a source.

The fine could give the Buccaneers an opportunity, if future detrimental actions occur, to suspend Freeman without pay. If suspended, it could make it easier for the Bucs to trade Freeman without paying his salary.

The relationship between the club and player already was debilitatingly toxic and continues to devolve. From the missed team photo, to the benching, to the leak of medical information, to the team fines, Freeman's situation can only end with him in a different jersey.

It appears the Bucs plan to bathe in the toxic sludge as they wait for a desperate team to cave and give them something in return for their former starting quarterback. We wouldn't be surprised if some sort of resolution occurred before their bye week ends. A team can only take so much self-inflicted drama.

The "Around The League Podcast" reviewed every Week 4 game. Click here to listen and subscribe.

The game aint over till clock reads 00:00. With that being said, I have a problem bum rushing a victory formation if it is more than a one score lead. If it is a one score lead though, you do whatever you can to win.

The offense is saying we are up only one score and we are quitting by going into victory formation. His defense is saying we are not quitting.

Can anyone remember a situation similar to this? i can't think of one. Either way, if the Bucs can't find anyone to trade him to, just make him inactive indefinitely like Gruden did with keyshawn jonhson years back. This has gotten ridiculous.

The game aint over till clock reads 00:00. With that being said, I have a problem bum rushing a victory formation if it is more than a one score lead. If it is a one score lead though, you do whatever you can to win.

The offense is saying we are up only one score and we are quitting by going into victory formation. His defense is saying we are not quitting.
Just...no.

In speaking with agents of several Bucs players recently, I have sensed a common theme: There is an atmosphere of fear and distrust under the current regime in Tampa. Players have told their agents about coaches roaming through the locker room (typically the players’ sanctuary away from coaches) and staff videotaping players on the sidelines during losses to single out players laughing or horsing around. The players also speak to the influx of multiple Rutgers players from Schiano’s past and the use of the phrase “Schiano Men,” a term that clearly does not apply to Freeman.

flapgreen said:
Craig_MiamiFL said:
Steed said:
I was embarrassed for the players. Especially considering the coaching played a monumental role for them even being in the position.

If you saw the game, unbelievable the Bucs lost this (in regulation). Here's the play sequence. Keep in mind AZ only has 2 timeouts at this time and TB up 10-3 with 4:04 to play. They run Martin for 4 yards on first down, Then, with a rookie QB making his 1st start, they pass 2nd down (INT) instead of running to milk the clock. Worst case, clock either goes down to 2 minute warning or you force the Cardinals to use all their timeouts. You then punt and make the Cards move the football for a GAME TYING drive.

1st & 10 Tampa 7: (4:04) 22-D.Martin left guard to TB 11 for 4 yards (54-K.Demens).
2nd & 6 Tampa 11: (3:23) 8-M.Glennon pass short middle intended for 83-V.Jackson INTERCEPTED by 21-P.Peterson at TB 24. 21-P.Peterson to TB 13 for 11 yards (81-T.Wright).

Reported on local radio yesterday and again today. Schiano is quite the narrcistic #######. He is taping his own sidelines during the games to check out which of his players are playing joking or smiling while the game is being played. He needs to micromanage even the players expressions on the sidelines to make sure they don't crack smiles in the middle of a loss. Those wouldn't be considered the "Men of Schiano". They just waived their WR Ogletree who appears to have latched on in Detroit, and a LB Quincy Black. No one knows for sure if the sideline "spygate" type video has a direct correlation, but Black is known to be a loudmouth jerk.

Hard to expect anybody on the sidelines to enjoy playing for Schiano. The game is meant to be fun. Players aren't mechanical robots sent in to execute orders and show no emotion. And there is the other extreme of a loosy goosy sideline where a Mark Sanchez can enjoy a hot dog on the sidelines during a game. But this is the opposite extreme. Schiano's white knuckle act is wearing on the team. Wearing them down, killing morale.

I watched Schiano coach my alma mater for 11 years. The guy is a lot of things and has a lot of weaknesses as a football coach...but one thing he's not is someone who would get wrapped up in all this #### to the point where he'd be leaking things to the media.
Thought this article on B/R summed up my feelings really well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1796427-it-wasnt-easy-ex-rutgers-quarterback-remembers-good-bad-about-greg-schiano

The player who might know Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano the best sums up playing for him in three simple words.

"It wasn't easy."

Mike Teel played quarterback for Schiano for three years when both were at Rutgers University. Yes, that Schiano, perhaps the most vilified coach in sports today. Teel makes it clear that he liked playing for Schiano back then and still respects him greatly.

He also makes it clear that playing for Schiano was brutal at times.

"I loved playing for him but I hated playing for him," Teel said in an interview with Bleacher Report. "We constantly butted heads. But we also became close. I played quarterback for him for three years and the thing about him is that he made me better as a college player and also a better man."

Yet despite the admiration Teel feels for Schiano, he also believes only a certain type of athlete can play for him—one who has the thickest of skin and who can digest one clear Schiano principle.

"He expected the best from you all the time," Teel remembered. "In the film room, on the field, everywhere."

Teel said that when Schiano arrived at Rutgers, "a significant number" of players transferred. "They wanted to be babied," he said. "They couldn't hack it playing for him."

Teel offered perhaps the best window inside of Schiano the man. Teel knows him better than almost any player Schiano has ever coached. His view of Schiano is objective, multi-faceted and honest. He credits Schiano for making him a better person while acknowledging Schiano's flaws.

No coach in football today, on any level, is more scrutinized than Schiano, especially with the Buccaneers at 0-4 and Schiano embroiled in a nasty and public feud with Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman.

It has gotten so bad between Freeman and the team that Freeman recently said in a statement that he believes someone from the Buccaneers leaked damaging information to ESPN about him being in phase one of the league's drug program. The NFLPA is investigating the origins of the leaks. One league source called Schiano, "the worst control freak in the NFL."

Teel says when he sees and hears some of the stories about Schiano in the media now, some of them he can believe, and some he doesn't.

"I guarantee you, Schiano didn't leak anything to anyone," said Teel. "That is not a Schiano-type of thing."

Other things, like players possibly not liking Schiano, Teel can believe.

"The NFL and college are two different worlds," said Teel. "His style is, 'We're going to do it this way. If you don't like it, I'll find someone else.' His style can fit in the NFL, but if you don't win, it can be hard to follow."

That is the root of Schiano's NFL's problems and why he is perhaps doomed in the pros. Schiano never tamed his college stye and drill sergeant methodology. He never adjusted to a league where the players have almost as much say as the coaches. Schiano tried to be Bill Parcells, but Parcells won games and Schiano hasn't won anything yet.

That is where the disconnect remains.

Teel knows about Schiano and college football, but Teel also knows the pro football world. Teel was an excellent college quarterback and part of the 2006 Rutgers team that featured a number of future pros, including running back Ray Rice.

Teel led Rutgers to a 9-0 start that season and an improbable win over third-ranked Louisville. It was perhaps the biggest win in school history and boosted Schiano's status as a potential NFL coach.

Teel tells a story that exemplifies both Schiano's strengths that worked in college and why those qualities are now a weakness for him.

Early in the week before that historic Louisville game, Teel had a bad practice. Schiano normally worked with the defense, but after Teel's problematic afternoon the day before, Schiano spent the entire practice with the offense the following day, harassing Teel.

Schiano would scream at Teel after almost every throw.

"Throw it away!"

"That's a sack."

"Terrible throw."

The abuse went on and on. Once practice concluded, Schiano approached Teel.

"I was ready to tell him to shut up," Teel said, "but before I could, he said, 'Just getting you ready.' Then he walked away. I got it at that moment."

In the NFL, when Schiano tries this type of technique, players probably looked at him and say, "You coached at Rutgers. What do you know about the pros? Shut up."

The only way that NFL attitude will change is if Schiano starts beating everyone. So far, however, the Buccaneers are winless this season.

"My advice to the Bucs players is to have thick skin and be mentally tough," Teel said. "His intentions are good, even if you sometimes hate the way he acts."

Same bull#### we hear from battered spouses and former Indiana players under Bobby Knight.

You want people to be men? Treat them like men.

Best for both parties. Don't think he's a long term starter, but I'm sure he can play backup somewhere for a few years with an opportunity to compete for a starting job at some point.

It's not like he needs to get time to get timing down with new receivers as Josh has no clue what a timing route is.

I was embarrassed for the players. Especially considering the coaching played a monumental role for them even being in the position.

If you saw the game, unbelievable the Bucs lost this (in regulation). Here's the play sequence. Keep in mind AZ only has 2 timeouts at this time and TB up 10-3 with 4:04 to play. They run Martin for 4 yards on first down, Then, with a rookie QB making his 1st start, they pass 2nd down (INT) instead of running to milk the clock. Worst case, clock either goes down to 2 minute warning or you force the Cardinals to use all their timeouts. You then punt and make the Cards move the football for a GAME TYING drive.

1st & 10 Tampa 7: (4:04) 22-D.Martin left guard to TB 11 for 4 yards (54-K.Demens).
2nd & 6 Tampa 11: (3:23) 8-M.Glennon pass short middle intended for 83-V.Jackson INTERCEPTED by 21-P.Peterson at TB 24. 21-P.Peterson to TB 13 for 11 yards (81-T.Wright).
Schiano was outcoached in teh Saints game too.

I was watching this AZ/TB scoreboard, it really seemed like the Bucs had that one sewn up.

Throwing at Jackson covered by Perterson must have seemed crazy there, he had 2 catches all day; but then Demps takes the next kickoff from 9 yards deep just back to the 10, Glennon gets sacked back to the 1 yard line, they punt, AZ gets the ball at the TB 38, one play later they're at the TB 9, then FG to win the game, and then next possession with under a minute left Glennon was intercepted throwing to VJax yet again and by Peterson yet again.

Freeman has regressed the past two seasons, especially with regard to his accuracy. It's even more concerning that the offense now has VJax and Martin yet he's still playing poorly.
He didn't 'regress' -- he threw the ball deeper down field. And he did throw too many INTs, but overall he didn't play poorly.

This is Net Yards/Attempt indexed to the league average after every pass was adjusted for the quality of the defense it came against:

Colin Kaepernick 118.0%Tom Brady 117.2%Peyton Manning 115.9%Russell Wilson 114.6%Drew Brees 111.3%Robert Griffin III 109.4%Aaron Rodgers 108.4%Alex Smith 106.1%Eli Manning 106.1%Tony Romo 105.7%Matt Schaub 105.6%Cam Newton 105.6%Matt Ryan 105.5%Matthew Stafford 104.6%Josh Freeman 102.1%Joe Flacco 102.0%Ben Roethlisberger 101.8%Carson Palmer 101.6%----------------------- 100.0% (league average)Sam Bradford 99.8%Andrew Luck 99.0%Ryan Fitzpatrick 97.1%Jay Cutler 95.8%Andy Dalton 95.7%Ryan Tannehill 95.2%Jake Locker 95.0%Brandon Weeden 92.7%Philip Rivers 91.4%Matt Cassel 90.3%Chad Henne 89.9%Michael Vick 89.3%Mark Sanchez 89.0%Christian Ponder 87.0%John Skelton 85.2%Blaine Gabbert 83.5%Nick Foles 82.8%Kevin Kolb 76.8%Brady Quinn 74.1%
How does he rank over the last 5 games of the season when he threw 6 TD's to 10 INT's and never completed more than 55% of his passes?
Can we admit he regressed now?

yea that article hits on the main problem here

this is a consistent theme i've seen in a lot of good writing about NFL coaching, something dr. z brought up in the thinking man's guide to pro football and something that still rings true to this day: the way to make players respect you in the pros isn't through your coaching style, but through knowing what the hell you're doing and getting results.

the control-freak thing only works at this level if you have an established track record that makes people take you seriously. otherwise, as in schiano's case, you just come off like a kid who brags about being the ruler of his parents' basement.

tl;dr schiano is this generation's les steckel

Rotoworld:

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier plans to settle on his Week 7 quarterback by Wednesday.
That would allow the starter to a get a full week of first-team reps. Barring a surprise, it's going to be Josh Freeman after Matt Cassel played like ... Matt Cassel against the Panthers on Sunday. Failed franchise quarterback Christian Ponder doesn't appear to be a consideration. Freeman would be an intriguing QB2 against the Giants' swinging-gate defense.

Related: Matt Cassel, Christian Ponder

Texans should of grabbed him when they had the chance... 1st down hand off, 2nd down hand off, 3rd down throw to AJ or either TE

The first time he did it against the Giants I didn't have a problem becasue it had worked for him in college. However, now that he has done it several times other teams are expecting it. He just looks like a meat head idiot at this point. He should stop doing it then do it years later, but I doubt he will be in the league by then.
Was embarrassed for Tampa fans watching the Eagles in shotgun on victory formation up 11 points. Just a friendly reminder of what a jackwagon Schiano is.

Trying to figure out Freeman's value. For ROS and as a possible 2014 keeper, how would you rank these 3 options: Freeman, Tannehill, Glennon?

Rotoworld:

The Vikings announced Josh Freeman will start Monday night's Week 7 game against the Giants.

The plan all along was for the Vikings to settle on a starter by Wednesday so that whoever it ended up being could gain some chemistry with the first-team offense during the practice week. It would have been a major surprise had Freeman not been named the starter. Christian Ponder will be the No. 2, while Matt Cassel will be inactive or possibly even released. Freeman will be a QB2 this week. His insertion into the lineup is a boost to everyone on offense.

So freeman is setup to succeed facing a bad team with an extra day of practice too. Could minny just have gotten their "franchise" qb off the waiver wire for free? I use the term loosely of course, but it was only a couple years ago he was considered just that. Crazier resurrections have happened

I'm calling bs on those hundreds of practices they hold, the minicamps, and all the rest of it, if some guy can just float into town and start before his bag is unpacked.

So freeman is setup to succeed facing a bad team with an extra day of practice too. Could minny just have gotten their "franchise" qb off the waiver wire for free? I use the term loosely of course, but it was only a couple years ago he was considered just that. Crazier resurrections have happened
I don't think so. I don't think any player in NFL history has gone from "benched and cut" to "franchise QB" in a 2-game span.

I believe Freeman will land on another team and will compete for the starting spot. I believe Freeman will pop up again and not far down the road with another team. If he is benched, teams should inquirer about a trade although i am sure the Bucs would have been listening all along if anyone truly wanted him.

I think Schiano really screwed Freeman up and eventually you will see it.
The Vikes are ready to roll him out of the garage.

I don't think so. I don't think any player in NFL history has gone from "benched and cut" to "franchise QB" in a 2-game span.
not in 2 games. but over some time. wouldn't bet my house on it but it's possible.

Plenty of former Tampa Bay Buccaneer quarterbacks have gone on to greener pastures, Super Bowl wins, and even Hall of Fame careers. I'm fully expecting Freeman to shine in Minnesota.

I don't know that they had a choice, but the Bucs' front office deserves what they get if this kid blossoms in another city.

Plenty of former Tampa Bay Buccaneer quarterbacks have gone on to greener pastures, Super Bowl wins, and even Hall of Fame careers. I'm fully expecting Freeman to shine in Minnesota.

I don't know that they had a choice, but the Bucs' front office deserves what they get if this kid blossoms in another city.
I see this comment a lot, but honestly, forget about all the whispering and missing team pictures for a second...

What more could they have done with him from an on-the-field standpoint? His numbers were atrocious and were on a sharp decline. He has weapons around him. How much longer could they have trotted him out when he's completing 45% of his passes that would justify benching him? Two weeks? 6 weeks? Give him the rest of the season? I'm asking honestly.

He has physical talent and maybe he does put everything back together in Minnesota. Then they need to make the potentially franchise-defining (and possibly crippling, if it goes the wrong way) call on how much money to give him. But I think it's very likely that Freeman was upset that TB wasn't committing to him long term as he saw all these other pending FA QBs getting massive amounts of guaranteed money, and maybe being upset about being a lame duck QB, he went the wrong way with his preparation and conditioning and this serves as new motivation.

Users who are viewing this thread