What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock #2 - "What teams WILL do" - Spots open. (1 Viewer)

With their third round selection (68th overall pick) the Cleveland Browns select

OG Larry Warford, Kentucky

Browns starting LOG Jason Pinkston was recently medically cleared from blood clots found on his lungs but he wasn't practicing with the club. The other OG Shaun Lauvau is limited athletically and gets beaten by athletic DTs/NTs and the AFCN has some great DTs/NTs, Geno Smith, Halati Ngata.

Warford was my highest ranked player left and fits a need.
GREAT pick. Giants thought so too, pick 49.

Andy - DE, RT, or

Fantasy footballers wouldn't like this pick, but if the Eagles want to run around the field like it sounds they do, this shores up a weak (IMO) depth chart at the position. 3.77 - Philadelphia - Giovanni Bernard, RB - UNC
I think they might take a RB, just don't see taking one this high. But then, if Gio slips to here he is value.ETA: would have gone Bakhtiari, but it's your team.
Don't they have Bryce Brown??

Andy - DE, RT, or

Fantasy footballers wouldn't like this pick, but if the Eagles want to run around the field like it sounds they do, this shores up a weak (IMO) depth chart at the position. 3.77 - Philadelphia - Giovanni Bernard, RB - UNC
I think they might take a RB, just don't see taking one this high. But then, if Gio slips to here he is value.ETA: would have gone Bakhtiari, but it's your team.
So?

Andy - DE, RT, or

yes, which along with Casey is why I think they won't take one this high. But a 4th RB should be brought in.

I think Zach Line fits better and will go much later, but he's basically a junior Casey.

Eagles traded for Clifton Geathers and signed Isaac Sopoaga.

Both Peters and Herrimans will be back.

They actually quietly had a pretty good free agency period, I think.

If I hadn't gone Bernard, I'd have taken Travis Frederick, C - Wisconsin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagles should have taken Stedman Bailey. Help that rookie QB along by giving him his favorite target since High School.

Browns - Warford already gone. Wanna trade down?
Sorry, missed him going off the board.

I don't think the Browns will be trading with Baltimore in the real NFL draft.

Cleveland Browns select:

TE Travis Kelce, Cincinnati

Cleveland lost both Alex Smith and Ben Watson leaving only Jordan Camerion so TE is a big need and with Norv Turner and Rob Chudzinski they utilize the TE position.

Add the Browns recently brought in Travis for a look-see so they have an interest.

Arizona or Tennessee want to trade down? a 2014 2nd and 2013 4th seems like good value for a 3rd.
Likely not. There's one guy we're locked onto; if Arizona doesn't take him, he's ours.

And another who's not a bad consolation prize.

Eagles should have taken Stedman Bailey. Help that rookie QB along by giving him his favorite target since High School.
How much would he see the field behind Jackson and Maclin (and probably Avant)?

They have about 100 WRs on the roster.
If Chip Kelly wants a fast-paced offense he'll need a lot of receivers because they will get gassed running down the field so much.
Actually the one area that will get burned out with a quick-pace offense are the big guys on the O-line.

Many around the league have wondered whether or not if the sort of quick-pace offense that Kelly operates will succeed due to how fast it will burn out his offensive linemen.

Many anticipate that Philly will need more depth on their O-line in order for Chip's offense to work.

3.70 Barrett Jones, G/C

I'm a fan. Versatile (he's played everywhere on the Line and done it very well), intelligent (4.0 and a William V. Campbell Trophy winner), great character. Takes some knocks for his athleticism, and he probably won't play tackle in the NFL, he'll make a fine Center or Guard.

Even if the Titans pick Cooper/Warmack or Warford, Jones would be a good pick here although he might fall further.

Third round

63. Kansas City - Matt Barkley, QB - USC
Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M

64. Jacksonville - jshare87 - Tyler Wilson, QB - Arkansas
- S Matt Elam, Florida--Dion Jordan, DE/OLB - Oregon

65. Detroit - 8ebok24 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB
DE Alex Okafur, Texas--Eric Fisher, OT - Central Mich.

66. Oakland - krsone21 - Demontre Moore DE Texas A&M
krsone21 - Sharrif Floyd, DT - Florida

67. Philadelphia - Andy D - Giovanni Bernard, RB - UNC
TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame--Geno Smith, QB - WVU

68. Cleveland - Bracie Smathers - TE Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
Bracie Smathers - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama

69. 38. Arizona - ebaughn - D.J. Swearinger, S - South Carolina
QB E.J. Manuel, FSU--Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma

70. Tennessee - FUBAR - Barrett Jones, G/C
DE/DT Datone Jones, UCLA --Xavier Rhodes, CB - FSU

71. Buffalo - Donsmith753 -
WR Robert Woods, USC--Ryan Nassib, QB - Syracuse

72. NY Jets - Hell Toupee -
WR Keenan Allen, Cal--Ziggy Ansah, DE - BYU

73. Tampa Bay - RJS113 -
TE Gavin Escobar, SDSU--FS Kenny Vaccaro

74. San Francisco (from Carolina) - 5Rings -
OLB Jamie Collins, SoMiss--WR Cordarrelle Patterson, TEN

75. New Orleans - IHEARTFF -
OLB/DE Jarvis Jones, Georgia

76. San Diego - Ray Finkle -
OT Justin Pugh, Syracuse--Chance Warmack, OG, Bama

77. Miami - Slapdash/JackReacher -
RT Menelik Watson, FSU --CB desmond Trufant, Washington

78. St. Louis - Brady Marino -
OT Kyle Long, Oregon--WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia.-- LB Alec Ogletree, UGA

79. Pittsburgh - Evilgrin 72 -
RB Johnathan Franklin, UCLA--OLB/DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU.

80. Dallas - FunkyTeaParty -
OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas--DT Sheldon Richardson, Missu

81. NY Giants - amicsta -
OG Larry Warford, Kentucky--Bjoern Werner, DE - FSU

82. Miami (from Chicago) - Slapdash/JackReacher -
RT Menelik Watson, FSU --CB desmond Trufant, Washington

83. Minnesota - 8ebok24 -
Manti Te'o, MLB, ND--Sylvester Williams, DT UNC--WR Justin Hunter, TENN

84. Cincinnati - cheese -
RB Eddie Lacy, Bama--OT DJ Fluker, Bama--CB Darius Slay,

85. Washington -
CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi

86. Indianapolis - Bamac -
DeAndre Hopkins, WR - Clemson

87. Seattle -
DT Kawann Short, Purdue

88. Green Bay - pipes/meyerj31 -
DT Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State--Jonathan Cyprien, SS - FIU

89. Houston - meecrob -
WR Terrance Williams, Baylor--Arthur Brown LB - Kansas St

90. Denver - rascal -
FS Phillip Thomas, Fresno St.--Cornellius Carradine, DE - FSU

91. New England - Tackling Dummies -
DT John Jenkins, Georgia--Jamar Taylor, CB - Boise St.

92. Atlanta -
DE/OLB Corey Lemonier, Auburn--D.J. Hayden, CB - Houston

93. San Francisco - 5Rings -
OLB Jamie Collins, SoMiss--WR Cordarrelle Patterson, TEN

94. Baltimore - Exalted One -
WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech--LB Kevin Minter, LSU

3.70 Barrett Jones, G/C

I'm a fan. Versatile (he's played everywhere on the Line and done it very well), intelligent (4.0 and a William V. Campbell Trophy winner), great character. Takes some knocks for his athleticism, and he probably won't play tackle in the NFL, he'll make a fine Center or Guard.

Even if the Titans pick Cooper/Warmack or Warford, Jones would be a good pick here although he might fall further.
This is who I was targetting for the Ravens. Good pick.

SF is ready (unless you snipe my dude again Andy)

eta--Bracie, SF has Margus Hunt too :)

I vote Glennon since it sounds like Ivory for a 5th is a done deal.
:goodposting:

3.72 - NY Jets - Mike Glennon, QB - NC State

Got this blurb off the googles...

The Jets seem to love Glennon. They scouted no less than three of his games, had three coaches at his Pro Day, and spent what one writer termed an "inordinate" amount of time with him at the Senior Bowl.

3.74 San Francisco selects LSU CB Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu

With more and more teams running multiple WR sets and putting their premier receiving threat in the slot, slot corners are more important than ever. Mathieu is the best slot corner in the draft and will immediately improve the 49er nickel D.

After taking three physical projects, now we take a guy who fills a necessary role and can make an immediate impact.

3.76 - San Diego - Zach Ertz, TE - Stanford

Best player available and fills somewhat of a need as a replacement for Gates

Alright, I'll go ahead and get a DT here:

3.77 Dolphins select DT Brandon Williams Missouri Southern

Both of the starting DTs for the Dolphins are not signed after this season. Williams is able to contribute at many different places on the DL. He factor into the rotation this year with the chance to start if Soliai or Starks are not brought back.

The Rams still need a safety. And they'll get one, especially if Swearinger falls to them. But since he didn't, they won't fill the safety in the 3rd round because of the golden carrot that will be dangling in front of them.

With the 78th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...Marcus Lattimore, Running Back, University of South Carolina

The Rams also need help at RB, but not necessarily right away. I think Fisher wants to see what he has in Isaiah Pead and Daryl Richardson (and even Terrance Ganaway) and will give them every chance to succeed in 2013. However, there's big question marks on all three.

Enter Lattimore, who really can't be counted on in 2013 for major production, if anything. Before his knee went kablooey, Lattimore was a mortal lock for a top 15 pick. But his rehab is going well and he's an extremely high character guy that has all the tools (except durability) to be a rock solid NFL RB. It's a boom or bust pick, but Lattimore is worth taking a swing on and St. Louis is the kind of team that can afford to take the Pepsi Plunge. With St. Louis, he'll be given all the time he needs to get well and he will give the Rams a quality RB that can be the bellcow when his injury woes are behind him.

Edit: minor typos

I've read that Lattimore's recovery has NOT been going well and people are wondering if he'll be worth anything when he recovers.

I've read that Lattimore's recovery has NOT been going well and people are wondering if he'll be worth anything when he recovers.
Where are you reading that? Everything I've read is that he's ahead of schedule on his rehab.
I forget where and I've read more that it's looking good than bad. I hope it works out for him, obviously.
Bleacher Report:

Pro Prognosis

Lattimore is ahead of schedule in his rehab, which is giving some teams hope that he will not need a "redshirt year." The comparisons to Willis McGahee are easy and apt, making many teams wonder just how to value this player and how to get him at their value.

Once healed from the surgery, Lattimore has the same kind of prognosis as McGahee, Gore and even Robert Griffin III. He should have no major issues, even if he is not the same as he was before his first or second knee surgery. Ninety percent of Lattimore is at worst a good backup in the NFL with a feel-good story attached and enough upside to make the risk worthwhile. A team with a good medical staff and a solid RB1 would be a perfect fit, such as San Francisco, Minnesota or Denver.
I think he ends up in San Fran, but St. Louis is a good fit too.

Users who are viewing this thread