What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock #2 - "What teams WILL do" - Spots open. (2 Viewers)

I've got to run. So I'll give you 2 picks.

Travis Frederick - OC/OG Wisconsin. or Dallas Thomas OL - Tennessee.

I was looking to go safety here, but did not see a guy at value. RB is also a consideration but there should be value in round 4 or even 5 at that spot. The value of these interior OL is good at this point and fills a big need. The remake of the Dallas OL continues.

So Ridgelake doesn't have to wait around...

3.79 - Pittsburgh - Marquise Goodwin, WR - Texas

3.80 - Dallas - Travis Frederick - OC/OG Wisconsin

Last edited by a moderator:
Philip Thomas, S, Fresno St.I don't think he gets out of the 2nd round in the actual draft.
He didn't get out of the 2nd round in this one either. The first page is updated. :hey:
Oops. OK, whatevs - stick with the receiver. You know what, take Marquise Goodwin. I am hearing a lot of scuttlebutt lately that he's not making it out of round 3 on Friday and the Steelers have clearly shown they're not averse to spending a 3 on a receiver that's undersized and lacks productivity but posesses rare physical tools.

Folks, please use the search function on the thread for the player before you post him as your pick. Thanks!

Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Teams that have made calls about moving back in draft include PHIL, DET, CLEV, BUFF, MIA. Doing what they should.

Im not sure how i feel about bakhtiari. Again, the giants usually go bpa and they did address o-line in round 2. For that reason i say they go with jamie collins out of southern miss. Physical freak who played well to match (4% missed tackle rate, lowest in the nation). Im a huge fan and i think big blue could be too. OLB definitely still fits a need and i think the value matches up better.

Im not sure how i feel about bakhtiari. Again, the giants usually go bpa and they did address o-line in round 2. For that reason i say they go with jamie collins out of southern miss. Physical freak who played well to match (4% missed tackle rate, lowest in the nation). Im a huge fan and i think big blue could be too. OLB definitely still fits a need and i think the value matches up better.

Philip Thomas, S, Fresno St.I don't think he gets out of the 2nd round in the actual draft.
He didn't get out of the 2nd round in this one either. The first page is updated. :hey:
Oops. OK, whatevs - stick with the receiver. You know what, take Marquise Goodwin. I am hearing a lot of scuttlebutt lately that he's not making it out of round 3 on Friday and the Steelers have clearly shown they're not averse to spending a 3 on a receiver that's undersized and lacks productivity but posesses rare physical tools.
I think Bailey was the better pick here. I think Bailey can replace Sanders if he leaves next year. I wonder if Goodwin can.

Alrite so i looked for this guy and didnt see him haha i hope im not blind. Brennan Williams OT UNC is a much better value than bakhiari who is undersized imo. Williams could be a great RT from day one and would allow diehl to become a top notch reserve for 4 positions.

3.82 Dolphins select WR Stedman Bailey West Virginia

Miami only had 3 TDs by a WR last year. 3!!!!

Bailey has been compared to Greg Jennings and should be a good fit for the Philbin offense.

That's a decent pick. Maybe a round too early, but could certainly be considered here. :thumbup:
Yeah, I doubt he was going to make it to the Dolphins next pick in this mock draft (if we get that far) though.

ETA: Just noticed he is from Miami too.

Minnesota Vikings select Dallas Thomas, G TENN

The middle of the line isn't anything special. Sully played much better than he played in 2011, but the guards could use some work.

3.84 Baccari Rambo - Georgia ---> Bengals

I won't pretend to be an expert on college safety play, but the Bengals need someone polished and good in coverage. They really don't ask safeties to do anything special and are looking for an interchangable clone to pair with Reggie Nelson. I don't think that role is worth a 1st round pick to them or me, so we're going to try to plug this 3rd rounder straight into the starting defense. Rambo is not in the mold of some of the huge hitters coming out of college lately and I think that will actually appeal to the Bengals who use more of a "centerfield" approach.

Shamarko Thomas or JJ Wilcox could be picked here too, but I don't think either is as ready to be OK out there day 1. Plus, the obvious Georgia drafting bias.

I think Bailey was the better pick here. I think Bailey can replace Sanders if he leaves next year. I wonder if Goodwin can.
Could go either way. They're very similar in size - Bailey has superior production and strength/toughness but Goodwin has superior speed. World class speed, in fact. I'm just a touch skeptical of all WVU receivers as the offense they play in is SO different than what they'll see in the NFL. The deciding factor is that I think Haley really wants his "gadget-play" guy with speed to burn. I think that's where a 3rd rounder may contribute in year one in this offense. He had McCluster in KC and they drafted Rainey last year to be that guy, only to have to release him when he proved to be a knucklehead. Whichever receiver gets drafted here is likely to see the ball on inside draws, reverses, bubble screens, sprint screens, etc. I think both guys could perform in that role. but Goodwin fits the profile better, as he's right there with Austin as the quickest, most explosive players in the draft.That said, Bailey could easily be a steal here and I wouldn't be remotely surprised or disappointed if he was the pick. I've just been hearing a lot lately that Goodwin really opened some eyes at the Senior Bowl with how much more refined he was than many thought based on his limited tape, great body control, great hands, etc. Teams think he could be another (slightly smaller) Wallace, and his stock has risen to the point where the pundits now believe he'll be gone by the mid 3rd.

I like the Goodwin pick for Pitt. He seems like a burner in the Mike Wallace mold.

I like the Goodwin pick for Pitt. He seems like a burner in the Mike Wallace mold.
Agreed. I also think they paid Brown all that money to be the #1 guy. Everyone thinks they need to replace Wallace with a "#1 WR type", but I think Brown is the guy that's now going to fit that role. They have a couple possession-types with Sanders and Cotchery (hands, crisp routes, can take a hit and hold the ball), they have a red-zone guy (Burress.) What they're missing is a guy who can torch you vertically and a dynamic slot receiver (although Sanders can play the slot.) So, I think they'll either draft a guy who can do those things, like Austin or Goodwin, or they move Sanders to the slot and draft a kid like Hopkins who's just a beast and outmuscle defensive backs and make the tough 3rd down/sideline catches. I'm not sure a Justin Hunter (or that type) helps them that much as Brown is going to fill that role.

3.85 - Washington - David Amerson, CB/S - NC State

He should find a home either at corner or safety for the secondary-challenged Notwhiteskins.

3.84 Baccari Rambo - Georgia ---> Bengals

I won't pretend to be an expert on college safety play, but the Bengals need someone polished and good in coverage. They really don't ask safeties to do anything special and are looking for an interchangable clone to pair with Reggie Nelson. I don't think that role is worth a 1st round pick to them or me, so we're going to try to plug this 3rd rounder straight into the starting defense. Rambo is not in the mold of some of the huge hitters coming out of college lately and I think that will actually appeal to the Bengals who use more of a "centerfield" approach.

Shamarko Thomas or JJ Wilcox could be picked here too, but I don't think either is as ready to be OK out there day 1. Plus, the obvious Georgia drafting bias.
Was hoping Rambo would fall to the Titans Comp pick

The numbers are the theoretical trade value for the pick

1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB - Oregon
3. Oakland - Sharrif Floyd, DT - Florida
4. Philadelphia - Geno Smith, QB - WVU
5. Detroit - Eric Fisher, OT - Central Mich.
6. Cleveland - Dee Milliner, CB - Alabama
7. Arizona - Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma
8. Buffalo - Ryan Nassib, QB - Syracuse
9. NY Jets - Ziggy Ansah, DE - BYU
10. Tennessee - Xavier Rhodes, CB - FSU
11. San Diego – Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama

12. Miami – Desmond Trufant, CB - Washington

13. NYJ (From Tampa) – Kenny Vaccaro, S - Texas

14. Carolina – Star Lotulelei, DT - Utah

15. New Orleans – Jarvis Jones, OLB - Georgia

16. St. Louis – Tavon Austin, WR - WVU

17. Pittsburgh – Barkevious Mingo, OLB - LSU

18. Dallas – Sheldon Richardson, DT - Missouri

19. NY Giants - Bjoern Werner, DE - FSU
20. Chicago - Jonathan Cooper, OG - North Carolina
21. Cincinnati - DJ Fluker, OT - Alabama
22. St. Louis (from Washington) - Alec Ogletree, LB - Georgia
23. Minnesota - Manti Te'o, LB - Notre Dame
24. Indianapolis - DeAndre Hopkins, WR - Clemson
25. Minnesota (from Seattle) - Sylvester Williams, DT UNC
26. Green Bay - Jonathan Cyprien, S - FIU
27. Houston - Arthur Brown, LB - KState
28. Denver - Cornellius Carradine, DE - FSU
29. New England - Jamar Taylor, CB - Boise St.
30. Atlanta - D.J. Hayden, CB - Houston
31. San Francisco - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - Tennessee
32. Baltimore - Kevin Minter, LB - LSU

2nd TeamPlayerPOSSchool

33. Jacksonville – Matt Elam, S - Florida

34. San Francisco (from Kansas City) – Margus Hunt, DE - SMU

35. Philadelphia – Tyler Eifert, TE – Notre Dame

36. Detroit – Alex Okafor, DE - Texas

37. Cincinnati (from Oakland) – Eddie Lacy, RB - Alabama

38. Arizona – EJ Manuel, QB - FSU
Cleveland - 510
39. NY Jets - Keenan Allen, WR - USC
40. Tennessee - Datone Jones, DE - UCLA
41. Buffalo - Robert Woods, WR - USC
42. Miami – Menelik Watson, LT - FSU

43. Tampa Bay – Gavin Escobar, TE - SDSU

44. Minnesota (from Carolina) – Justin Hunter, WR – Tennessee

New Orleans - 440
45. San Diego - OT Justin Pugh, Syracuse
46. St. Louis - Kyle Long, Offensive Guard, Oregon
47. Dallas - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas
48. Pittsburgh – Johnathan Franklin, RB - UCLA
49. NY Giants – Larry Warford, OG - Kentucky
50. Chicago – Jesse Williams, DT - Alabama

51. Washington - Johnathan Banks, CB - Mississippi St.
52. Carolina (from Minnesota) - Da'Rick Rodgers, WR - Tennessee Tech
53. Cincinnati - Darius Slay, CB - Mississippi St.
54. Miami (from Indianapolis) - Eric Reid, S - LSU
55. Green Bay - Jonathan Hankins, DT - Ohio State
56. Seattle - Kawann Short, DT - Purdue
57. Houston - Terrance Williams, WR - Baylor
58. Denver - Phillip Thomas, FS - Fresno St.
59. New England - John Jenkins, DT - Georgia
60. Atlanta - Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB - Auburn
61. San Francisco - Jamie Collins, OLB - SoMiss
62. Baltimore - Quinton Patton, WR - Louisiana Tech.

63. Kansas City - Matt Barkley, QB - USC
64. Jacksonville - Tyler Wilson, QB - Arkansas
65. Detroit - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB
66 - Oakland Raiders - Demontre Moore, DE - Texas A&M
67. Philadelphia - Giovanni Bernard, RB - UNC
68. Cleveland - Travis Kelce, TE - Cincinnati
69. Arizona - D.J. Swearinger, S - South Carolina
70. Tennessee - Barrett Jones, G/C - Alabama
71. Buffalo - Sio Moore, OLB - Connecticut
72. NY Jets - Mike Glennon, QB - NC State
73. Tampa Bay - Khaseem Greene, OLB - Rutgers
74. San Francisco (from Carolina) - Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu, CB - LSU
75. New Orleans - Robert Alford, CB - SE Louisiana
76. San Diego - Zach Ertz, TE - Stanford
77. Miami - Brandon Williams, DT - Missouri Southern
78. St. Louis - Marcus Lattimore, RB- University of South Carolina
79. Pittsburgh - Marquise Goodwin, WR - Texas
80. Dallas - Travis Frederick - OC/OG Wisconsin
81. NY Giants - Brennan Williams, OT - UNC
82. Miami (from Chicago) - Stedman Bailey, WR - West Virginia
83. Minnesota - 165
84. Cincinnati - 160
85. Washington - 155
86. Indianapolis - 150
87. Seattle - 145
88. Green Bay - 140
89. Houston - 136
90. Denver - 132
91. New England - 128
92. Atlanta - 124
93. San Francisco - 120
94. Baltimore - 116
95. Houston Texans

96. Kansas City Chiefs

97. Tennessee Titans

3.88 - Green Bay - Markus Wheaton, WR Oregon State

While there are a few offensive lineman on the board the Packers like, Wheaton is the highest ranked player left. He should help out in the return game immediately and adds a vertical threat to the passing game.

While there are a few offensive lineman on the board the Packers like, Wheaton is the highest ranked player left. He should help out in the return game immediately and adds a vertical threat to the passing game.
I liked the center from Cal in Schwienke instead. But Wheaton is okay but I would like that OL upgraded.

I liked the center from Cal in Schwienke instead. But Wheaton is okay but I would like that OL upgraded.
I was debating between him, Wheaton and Quis. I know Thompson likes all 3 of those guys alot but went with Wheaton due to him grading out quite a bit higher than remaining lineman. True to his board I think they go with Wheaton though in reality I think he'll be gone and the Packers would draft a someone like Schwienke in the 3rd. I would be happy with that pick as well.

3.87 - Seattle - Brian Winters, OG - Kent St.
Sorry for the miss, I've been in meetings all morning.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad pick, but if I were to guess I think they would focus more on a RT and probably later in the draft. I think more pressing needs are TE, WLB (Sean Porter perhaps) and a backup for Earl Thomas (not that you can get a replacement in the 3rd round, but someone fast that doesn't break up the scheme too much).

Users who are viewing this thread