What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (3 Viewers)

no rhyme/reason or pattern to his usage all season. not worth the headache. I thought we caught something a few weeks ago when they fed him and he did well. nope.

He is a victim of the scandal that has basically torn te Miami offensive line to shreds. They have no one to block for the run game anymore. Incognito was one of the better run blockers in the league. Miller was starting to heat up and then all hell broke loose. He's just a bench stash now at best until they get the I line issues fixed which might not happen this year.

He is a victim of the scandal that has basically torn te Miami offensive line to shreds. They have no one to block for the run game anymore. Incognito was one of the better run blockers in the league. Miller was starting to heat up and then all hell broke loose. He's just a bench stash now at best until they get the I line issues fixed which might not happen this year.
That doesn't explain why he got 4 carries to Thomas' 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
1-10-MIA 32(5:00) (Shotgun) L.Miller left end to MIA 23 for -9 yards (L.Kuechly).
I'm starting to think I was being generous to call him Tatum Bell.

The past 3 games he has 18 carries for 18 yards.

1-10-MIA 32(5:00) (Shotgun) L.Miller left end to MIA 23 for -9 yards (L.Kuechly).

There is no offensive line. Adrian Peterson couldn't get yards on Miami. Offense is an unfixable mess for 2013.

There is no offensive line. Adrian Peterson couldn't get yards on Miami. Offense is an unfixable mess for 2013.
No.
Kind of like saying Donald Brown couldn't get yard with Indy's line since Trent can't. Just way more disrespectful!

No.
Kind of like saying Donald Brown couldn't get yard with Indy's line since Trent can't. Just way more disrespectful!
Good to see who the "Idiots R Us" club is. Miami lost almost its entire offensive line and you think that's the RB's fault.

No.
Good to see who the "Idiots R Us" club is. Miami lost almost its entire offensive line and you think that's the RB's fault.
Don't be rude. Also don't use exaggerations to make a point because that sucks.

Cheesedawg said:
Nero said:
MoveToSkypager said:
Cheesedawg said:
cstu said:

No.
My apologies if something I said came across as if I was blaming Lamar Miller for the Miami O-line injuries. What I was alluding to is Miller is a terrible running back and should not be compared to Peterson. Its disrespectful! Appreciate the offer, but I want no part of your club.

I saw him run backwards twice today trying to cut back and outrun the defense. Lost massive yards both times. That might have worked in high school and college, but that won't work in the NFL.

rotoworld is reporting daniel thomas out for the season with torn ligaments.... i think miller has despration flex value in a ppr league next week... but I'm not starting him against the jets in my 0.5 ppr league

No.
My apologies if something I said came across as if I was blaming Lamar Miller for the Miami O-line injuries. What I was alluding to is Miller is a terrible running back and should not be compared to Peterson. Its disrespectful! Appreciate the offer, but I want no part of your club.
When the team has quit and the OL has disintegrated and your conclusion is that the RB is terrible, you have joined the club. It wouldn't be surprising to find that you were the last one to realize it.

rotoworld is reporting daniel thomas out for the season with torn ligaments.... i think miller has despration flex value in a ppr league next week... but I'm not starting him against the jets in my 0.5 ppr league
would certainly guess that the dolphins split his carries with another rb.

Miller < 180 carries. Stay away!
Is he going to get hurt? Lose his job? Are you a Dolphin homer and know something we don't?
Daniel Thomas owner?
Until recently I did not own either because I thought Miller was overrated and overhyped even though I thought the job was his. I traded Miller and D. Moore for Givens and 1.2 shortly after the combine in the dynasty where I owned him. Only in the past week or so did I take a closer look and came away with the impression that Thomas was the better player. So I have acquired Thomas late in 2 redrafts.Just as a previous poster stated, I view Miller as a limited speed back. You want to get him his 10 touches and hope he breaks one. He doesn't have enough game to carry the load. Thomas is JAG, but he is better suited for every down duties and is the better receiver.

I think Miller is going to get his shot and fail. Thomas will be the lead in the end.
Quite the contrary. I recognized Miller's ineptitude long ago. Its you and your club members that continue to use external events to explain/excuse Miller's lack of talent and production.

Miller is not ap. Not even in the same sphere. Worlds apart. Peterson can create behind. A bad o line. I have seen enough of Miller this year to make my final judgement on him:

Above average speed. Decent pass catcher. Decent to poor field vision. Can't move a pile. Goes down daily with contact. Needs good blocking to create positive yards. Shows hesitancy at the Los.

No thanks. And this is coming from a (reformed) miller fan. Own him in dynasty.

Miller < 180 carries. Stay away!
Is he going to get hurt? Lose his job? Are you a Dolphin homer and know something we don't?
Daniel Thomas owner?
Until recently I did not own either because I thought Miller was overrated and overhyped even though I thought the job was his. I traded Miller and D. Moore for Givens and 1.2 shortly after the combine in the dynasty where I owned him. Only in the past week or so did I take a closer look and came away with the impression that Thomas was the better player. So I have acquired Thomas late in 2 redrafts.Just as a previous poster stated, I view Miller as a limited speed back. You want to get him his 10 touches and hope he breaks one. He doesn't have enough game to carry the load. Thomas is JAG, but he is better suited for every down duties and is the better receiver.

I think Miller is going to get his shot and fail. Thomas will be the lead in the end.
Quite the contrary. I recognized Miller's ineptitude long ago. Its you and your club members that continue to use external events to explain/excuse Miller's lack of talent and production.
Nice retort to an August post. With that you cement your "Idiots R Us" club presidency! Thanks for volunteering.

Rotoworld:

Lamar Miller is now the Dolphins undisputed No. 1 running back.

Through 11 games, Miller is averaging 10.3 carries per day and Daniel Thomas was getting 7.0. But with Thomas (ankle) now out indefinitely, there won't be a rotation any longer. Miller projects as a nearly every-down back, with Marcus Thigpen and Mike Gillislee sprinkling in a little. That's exciting on paper, but the upcoming schedule is brutal (at NYJ, at PIT, vs NE, at BUF), the offensive line is a disaster and the Dolphins coaches consistently bail on the run too early in games. Miller is still an RB3, but now he has more upside thanks to the projected increase in volume.

Source: Palm Beach Post

interesting result for miller yesterday. I didnt watch the game so I'm intersted to hear your comments... but I am guessing the 20+ carries was mostly due to the game dictating that the dolphins offense pretty much just had to not screw up to beat the offensively challenged jets.... im still hesitant to start miller even with the good matchups he has next 3 weeks....

interesting result for miller yesterday. I didnt watch the game so I'm intersted to hear your comments... but I am guessing the 20+ carries was mostly due to the game dictating that the dolphins offense pretty much just had to not screw up to beat the offensively challenged jets.... im still hesitant to start miller even with the good matchups he has next 3 weeks....
He had a nice screen called back on a crappy downfield blocking penalty and a TD overturned too, if those break his way then he would have been looking at a really nice game.

He was more assertive lowering his pad and banging at the line and even broke a couple tackles. The problem is he just can't ever seem to move the pile, even when he gets tackled hes getting driven backbards a lot instead of being able to goo forward for an extra yard or two. I think he's a nice flex play the rest of the way regardless, he will have plenty of opportunity.

He wouldn't have gotten the yardage if it weren't for the penalty.
Mmm wrong, was a block in the back by Clay that didn't have much bearing on the play.

You're a weak troll skypager, and you're most likely broke as you were illegal streaming a primetime game the other day rather than watching it on a tv like most normal people. You posting from the public library? Trolling doesn't pay bud :lol:

The screen called back and the TD overturned (on inconclusive video evidence I may add) turned a great FF day for him into a decent one.

As far as how he looked? Like Lamar Miller when given 17-20 touches. Productive. And against the number one rushing defense with a shoddy D+ OL to boot. He should be a very solid flex play the rest of the way...and don't be surprised to see him have a couple of big games sprinkled in.

The Dolphins play calling is still an abortion. Through the first 2 quarters they did everything in their power to keep the Jets in a game they were never in. That Jets offense is offensive. LOL.

But Lamar was solid and if he had been getting this kind of work most of the season.....his numbers would be a good deal better and a solid #2 FF RB as I thought he could be. But this coaching staff refused to give him more touches even though his production when given double digit touches for the most part warrant more involvement. He can be a deadly game breaker......but when he is not getting enough touches.....he is being wasted.

The problem with the Dolphins is they think they have a dynamic passing game.......but it is average at best. Tannehill is proving to me right now....he can't throw the ball downfield with accuracy. He missed a few wide open throws yesterday for easy chunk plays.....he needs to get better with his deep ball. Hence why Wallace has suffered this season. It really is not Wallace....it's the fact Tannehill is not throwing the ball deep with accuracy...and the fact he waits too long before he throws go routes and fly routes.

I am pretty dissapointed this season with Tannehills development. Granted he is playing behind an abortion of an OL and that is playing into his stunted growth this season. But when he has had time to stretch the field.....he has failed to deliever.

There is a chance that Philbin is fired at the end of the season and that the new coach will come in and put Lamar in a better position next year. Solid dynasty hold on a young guy. Good year of experience for Lamar Miller IMO.

He wouldn't have gotten the yardage if it weren't for the penalty.
Mmm wrong, was a block in the back by Clay that didn't have much bearing on the play.

You're a weak troll skypager, and you're most likely broke as you were illegal streaming a primetime game the other day rather than watching it on a tv like most normal people. You posting from the public library? Trolling doesn't pay bud :lol:
No. It was offensive PI, because Clay engaged the defender downfield prior the pass. It was playside and the defender had a play if he wasn't illegally engaged by Clay.

Rotoworld:

Dolphins OC Mike Sherman told reporters Monday he and coach Joe Philbin "have never discussed" what Lamar Miller might be able to do with more carries.

It's dumbfounding that the thought never crossed either coach's mind, but the fact that Miami ran 82 plays in Sunday's win over the Jets, coupled with Daniel Thomas' multi-week ankle injury led to 22 carries for Miller. Although Miller gained just 3.3 YPC, that is a quality average given the stout opponent, and the run game was a huge part of the Dolphins' Week 13 win. Miller closes out fantasy season with a string of favorable matchups (@ PIT, vs. NE, @ BUF) as a viable RB2/flex.

Source: Miami Herald

The screen called back and the TD overturned (on inconclusive video evidence I may add) turned a great FF day for him into a decent one.

As far as how he looked? Like Lamar Miller when given 17-20 touches. Productive. And against the number one rushing defense with a shoddy D+ OL to boot. He should be a very solid flex play the rest of the way...and don't be surprised to see him have a couple of big games sprinkled in.

The Dolphins play calling is still an abortion. Through the first 2 quarters they did everything in their power to keep the Jets in a game they were never in. That Jets offense is offensive. LOL.

But Lamar was solid and if he had been getting this kind of work most of the season.....his numbers would be a good deal better and a solid #2 FF RB as I thought he could be. But this coaching staff refused to give him more touches even though his production when given double digit touches for the most part warrant more involvement. He can be a deadly game breaker......but when he is not getting enough touches.....he is being wasted.

The problem with the Dolphins is they think they have a dynamic passing game.......but it is average at best. Tannehill is proving to me right now....he can't throw the ball downfield with accuracy. He missed a few wide open throws yesterday for easy chunk plays.....he needs to get better with his deep ball. Hence why Wallace has suffered this season. It really is not Wallace....it's the fact Tannehill is not throwing the ball deep with accuracy...and the fact he waits too long before he throws go routes and fly routes.

I am pretty dissapointed this season with Tannehills development. Granted he is playing behind an abortion of an OL and that is playing into his stunted growth this season. But when he has had time to stretch the field.....he has failed to deliever.
his yards-per-completion are near the bottom of the league but everything else holds up. i don't know how worried i would be given the circumstances. at worst, he deserves another year before judgment can be rendered. there are plenty of 2nd year QBs this season who are facing the same challenges as Tannehill - bad coaching, terrible o-line, spotty personnel - that are imploding and regressing catastrophically.

his yards-per-completion are near the bottom of the league but everything else holds up. i don't know how worried i would be given the circumstances. at worst, he deserves another year before judgment can be rendered. there are plenty of 2nd year QBs this season who are facing the same challenges as Tannehill - bad coaching, terrible o-line, spotty personnel - that are imploding and regressing catastrophically.
I don't disagree. I like Tannehill, but he has got to get better at making uicker decisions, feeling pressure in the pocket and being accurate downfield. This year as well as last year he has missed a boatload of easy scores downfield with bad accuracy. Can't deny that.

But he is a QB I have patience with because he has a lot of great tools, and is cool in the pocket...sometimes too cool and he needs to get a better sense of pressure.

Anyone starting Lamar this week?

I think im rolling with him this week in my flex over Justin Hunter, Ridley, and Cotchery.

Lamar is playing @ Bills, Dolphins have a spot in the playoffs to play for, he received 15 carriers last week, Thomas received 5, but Thomas and Thigpen both got receiving TD's.

Mild flex play this week. I am playing for third place in the league I own him in....and will consider plugging him in. But overall a huge letdown for me this year. I had huge high hopes he would pan out as a RB2 this season.

It was not to be.

It's hard to build an NFL ground game around a guy who can't consistently run through 1st contact. Speed is nice, but it's pretty far from the most important attribute in a RB. Miller was, and is, pretty unlikely to be more than a RBBC guy for an extended period of time.

Rotoworld:

One Dolphins staffer told the Miami Herald that Lamar Miller didn't run with enough physicality in 2013.

We noticed Miller's tendency to run "soft" on 2012 game tape, but the problem was much clearer when he got to a bigger sample size in 2013. "We like Miller’s speed and explosiveness," the staffer said. "Miller has the higher ceiling, but you wish he ran with a more physical [style]," adding that Miller must improve as a blocker. Miller's role under new OC Bill Lazor is up in the air.

Source: Miami Herald

Rotoworld:

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin threw some support behind Lamar Miller at the league meetings Tuesday, stating "He can do all three things you want a running back to do."
That would ostensibly be run, catch, and block. The Fins could show more support by declining to make a significant running back signing or using an early-round pick at tailback, but they recently hosted Knowshon Moreno for a free agent visit, and could target running backs as early as the No. 50 overall pick. Miller is very lightly penciled in as the Dolphins' current lead back.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin threw some support behind Lamar Miller at the league meetings Tuesday, stating "He can do all three things you want a running back to do."
That would ostensibly be run, catch, and block. The Fins could show more support by declining to make a significant running back signing or using an early-round pick at tailback, but they recently hosted Knowshon Moreno for a free agent visit, and could target running backs as early as the No. 50 overall pick. Miller is very lightly penciled in as the Dolphins' current lead back.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter
That didn't happen.

FF'ers, welcome to the three headed monster that is the Dolphins running game.

I think the Moreno signing says more about Thomas than it does Miller. Miller is still young at only 22 years old - he's younger than some guys coming into the league as rookies this year such as Hyde. I think it could be beneficial to have an veteran like Moreno on the team to show him how it's done... if there's an dynasty owner out there wanting to dump him cheap to just cut bait, may want to consider him as a stash.

I think Moreno runs away with the lead role here, with Miller in the COP role he's best suited for, and Daniel Thomas completely on the bench, which is where he should be.

Moreno obviously won't be putting up RB1 numbers anymore, but he might be a decent value as a low end RB2 or RB3 if he falls far enough in drafts. I could see a 225 - 850, 30 - 200, 6-7 TD type of year for him.

This should put an end to the Lamar Miller hype for good, hopefully. Dude just isn't cut out to carry the mail in the NFL which was obvious even when he was in college IMO.

I think the Moreno signing says more about Thomas than it does Miller. Miller is still young at only 22 years old - he's younger than some guys coming into the league as rookies this year such as Hyde. I think it could be beneficial to have an veteran like Moreno on the team to show him how it's done... if there's an dynasty owner out there wanting to dump him cheap to just cut bait, may want to consider him as a stash.
What it says is that they need a guy to help right the o-line woes. THat is the benefit of this signing for the real-life dolphins. They didn't sign this guy to be what he was in Denver. They signed him to protect Tannehill. One year deal. Wear him out sacrificing his body to protect the QB until they can rebuild the line. That is what this is all about.

:lmao:

Let it go, man. Miller brings nothing to the table outside of speed. Young garbage is still garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread