What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (2 Viewers)

Here is what I like about Lamar Miller this year - opportunity.

#1 - Moreno started his offseason conditioning late because of the Bronco's super bowl run. His knee likely had problems all offseason. He was hoping it would heal on its own - and it didn't - forcing him to get scoped late in the offseason. I believe Moreno will miss nearly all of camp. They will likely keep him on the roster, but he is in a new system and will have NO reps in preparation for the season. I expect Moreno to be Lamar Miller insurance and ride the bench.

#2 - Daniel Thomas is average to below-average at best. This is coming from a guy who drafted him in my only dynasty league three years back. I thought he was good, watched him play, and realized I wasted a first round pick. I think they gave DT another shot to prove himself last year and he failed. He is in a contract year and I will guarantee that DT is not re-signed next year by Miami.

#3 - New offensive coordinator and rebuilt o-line. The decision to limit Lamar Miller's carries last year was made by a guy who is gone. The line has something to prove, along with Tannehill, but it would be shocking to see them be worse than last year.

If Lamar Miller has the talent, he will get the opportunity to shine this year. It is a good year to hold him in dynasty and a great late round pick in redraft.
Miller had all the opportunity in the world last year too -- and now he has Moreno to compete with in addition to Daniel Thomas, who he has been unable to put away for two years now. Miller lacks ability to break tackles -- he's likely going to be a career COP player because of it.

That said, he's currently going as a RB4 in the 10th round in redrafts, and I have no problem taking him as a flyer at that price. In dynasty he's much more expensive due to his age and the absurd prices people paid last summer -- and his value will fall further when he's right around 200 total touches again this year and it becomes even more obvious that he is what he is.

Coeur de Lion said:
Miller had all the opportunity in the world last year too -- and now he has Moreno to compete with in addition to Daniel Thomas, who he has been unable to put away for two years now. Miller lacks ability to break tackles -- he's likely going to be a career COP player because of it.

That said, he's currently going as a RB4 in the 10th round in redrafts, and I have no problem taking him as a flyer at that price. In dynasty he's much more expensive due to his age and the absurd prices people paid last summer -- and his value will fall further when he's right around 200 total touches again this year and it becomes even more obvious that he is what he is.
All the opportunity on the world last year? That's not really what I see when I look at his 2013 season. The guy had 20 or more carries once last year. He had 10 carries or less in 9 games and he had 15 or more only 4 times. That seems like the definition of a lack of opportunity to me. Now, perhaps he didn't earn that opportunity and that is a far different thing altogether. None the less, opportunity isn't something I'd say remotely explains Miller's season. You don't like Miller and anyone who follows this thread already knows that and perhaps you're right that he's just not that good. Still, there is no reason to just make stuff.

He did outperform Thomas in nearly every aspect last year despite not "putting him away" in the eyes of the Mia coaching staff. Regardless, that's pretty irrelevant now. Mia seems to have moved on from Thomas and they haven't from Miller. I'm not sure if Miller will have more or less opportunity this year but I'm inclined to think it will be more. On top of that it's pretty safe to say the oline play will improve from last year. They can't get much worse from the dumpster fire we saw last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coeur de Lion said:

All the opportunity on the world last year? That's not really what I see when I look at his 2013 season. The guy had 20 or more carries once last year. He had 10 carries or less in 9 games and he had 15 or more only 4 times. That seems like the definition of a lack of opportunity to me. Now, perhaps he didn't earn that opportunity and that is a far different thing altogether. None the less, opportunity isn't something I'd say remotely explains Miller's season. You don't like Miller and anyone who follows this thread already knows that and perhaps you're right that he's just not that good. Still, there is no reason to just make stuff.

He did outperform Thomas in nearly every aspect last year despite not "putting him away" in the eyes of the Mia coaching staff. Regardless, that's pretty irrelevant now. Mia seems to have moved on from Thomas and they haven't from Miller. I'm not sure if Miller will have more or less opportunity this year but I'm inclined to think it will be more. On top of that it's pretty safe to say the oline play will improve from last year. They can't get much worse from the dumpster fire we saw last season.
Come on man, having a scrub like Daniel Thomas as your only competition for touches is about as good as it gets in the NFL opportunity-wise. The featured job was wife open for the taking last year -- Miller just couldn't take it. And they've since added Moreno, who is certainly stiffer competition than Thomas.

Come on man, having a scrub like Daniel Thomas as your only competition for touches is about as good as it gets in the NFL opportunity-wise. The featured job was wife open for the taking last year -- Miller just couldn't take it. And they've since added Moreno, who is certainly stiffer competition than Thomas.
You could be right but I'm not sure about that right now for a couple of reasons. 1st, Moreno isn't healthy. He won't be better than Thomas if he isn't able to play or is playing at less than full speed. 2nd, we really don't know how good Moreno will be outside of the comfy confines of Den.

You could be right but I'm not sure about that right now for a couple of reasons. 1st, Moreno isn't healthy. He won't be better than Thomas if he isn't able to play or is playing at less than full speed. 2nd, we really don't know how good Moreno will be outside of the comfy confines of Den.
I certainly don't think Moreno is anything great as a runner. At all. But IMO Daniel Thomas just sucks to the point where he barely belongs on an NFL roster. I do think that Moreno will see the vast majority of the passing down snaps due to his blocking ability, and will likely get more than the 109 carries that Thomas saw last year if he's healthy, and from what I've read, he should be fine by opening day. The Dolphins should run more this year with a Chip Kelly disciple calling the plays, but their line will still probably be bad, and a bad line + RBBC isn't a recipe for fantasy success. Again, I have no problem with Miller as a redraft RB4; but expecting much more than that doesn't seem like a great bet to me.

Moreno is not stiff competition with a bad knee. I agree that Miller had opportunity last year, but the entire offense stunk and Miller performed OK. He has room for improvement. You have been a huge Moreno supporter since day one: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=470642#entry10400130

I don't think you are in here posting about Lamar Miller, I just think that you think Moreno is better. Moreno was a product of the Broncos offense last year and then he was not re-signed. That says a lot. The guy likes the party life and he has a bum knee right now. I have high confidence that Moreno will see less than 100 carries barring injury to Lamar Miller.

Moreno is not stiff competition with a bad knee. I agree that Miller had opportunity last year, but the entire offense stunk and Miller performed OK. He has room for improvement. You have been a huge Moreno supporter since day one: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=470642#entry10400130

I don't think you are in here posting about Lamar Miller, I just think that you think Moreno is better. Moreno was a product of the Broncos offense last year and then he was not re-signed. That says a lot. The guy likes the party life and he has a bum knee right now. I have high confidence that Moreno will see less than 100 carries barring injury to Lamar Miller.
You must have missed a few posts up where I gave my actual opinion on Moreno, but to summarize: mediocre at best runner, solid receiver, great blocker, better than Daniel Thomas as an all around RB. Miller is the most dynamic RB in Miami, but can't run through trash and arm tackles at the LOS, so he's best suited as a homerun COP as opposed to a workhorse. My opinion on both guys has been the same for years, guy.

Coeur de Lion said:

All the opportunity on the world last year? That's not really what I see when I look at his 2013 season. The guy had 20 or more carries once last year. He had 10 carries or less in 9 games and he had 15 or more only 4 times. That seems like the definition of a lack of opportunity to me.Now, perhaps he didn't earn that opportunity and that is a far different thing altogether. None the less, opportunity isn't something I'd say remotely explains Miller's season. You don't like Miller and anyone who follows this thread already knows that and perhaps you're right that he's just not that good. Still, there is no reason to just make stuff.

As far as the split with Thomas last year, sometimes that is a reflection on the coaching staff too - Jamaal Charles had a year with less carries than Thomas Jones despite Jones averaging 3.7 YPC. Miller was definitely disappointing last year but at least looked superior to Thomas IMO. The offense was also a total mess.

Don't get me wrong, I am skeptical on Miller as well - but if he has a chance to start, Lazor brings in aspects of the Eagles offense, and Miller is going after 25-30 other RBs then he is definitely on my radar.

I'm in the avoid Lamar Miller camp as well. Because of his size and lack of power, he will never be a bell cow back. He's the worst type of RB to own in fantasy because he's in RBBC, doesnt score, or catch many passes. You can only expect points from his rushing yardage which will kill you because he's not going to get more than 15 carries a game. Get used to a bunch of 12-60 or 14-70 type games with nothing else.

If I'm drafting a RB in a committee situation, then he needs to provide at least one of these skills/roles 1) Goal line back 2) Catch alot of passes. If your RBBC doesnt do any of those well, its a fantasy nightmare.

G5781 said:
I'm in the avoid Lamar Miller camp as well. Because of his size and lack of power, he will never be a bell cow back. He's the worst type of RB to own in fantasy because he's in RBBC, doesnt score, or catch many passes. You can only expect points from his rushing yardage which will kill you because he's not going to get more than 15 carries a game. Get used to a bunch of 12-60 or 14-70 type games with nothing else.

If I'm drafting a RB in a committee situation, then he needs to provide at least one of these skills/roles 1) Goal line back 2) Catch alot of passes. If your RBBC doesnt do any of those well, its a fantasy nightmare.
What's wrong with his size? Since when is 5'10 and 224 lbs a negative to carry a big load?

G5781 said:

What's wrong with his size? Since when is 5'10 and 224 lbs a negative to carry a big load?
His measured size is fine but he plays much much smaller.

G5781 said:

Running backs should play smaller. They are trying to avoid contact so they can run into the endzone. I think we are all skeptical of L Miller this year, but the possibility exists that his workload will greatly increase this year. New coaching faces run different plays from different schemes. His workload last year does not point to his workload this year IMO. Excellent RB to take a chance on in a later round.

Well, he guy averaged 4.9 ypc in 2012 with a good OL and 4.0 ypc with a garbage OL and the guy also had to put up with total incompetence at the OC position. Sherman has since been fired.

G5781 said:

You could have just been honest and said that you didn't realize he was that big. I thought he was smaller than that too.

He's listed as 5'11", 215lbs on Pro-Football-Reference btw. Either way he is apparently plenty big enough by featured back standards.

G5781 said:

You could have just been honest and said that you didn't realize he was that big. I thought he was smaller than that too.He's listed as 5'11", 215lbs on Pro-Football-Reference btw. Either way he is apparently plenty big enough by featured back standards.
His size is fine. Consistently going down on first contact is the big issue with Miller. He absolutely does play like a much smaller RB, and not in a good way.

G5781 said:

You could have just been honest and said that you didn't realize he was that big. I thought he was smaller than that too.He's listed as 5'11", 215lbs on Pro-Football-Reference btw. Either way he is apparently plenty big enough by featured back standards.
His size is fine. Consistently going down on first contact is the big issue with Miller. He absolutely does play like a much smaller RB, and not in a good way.
I agree.

I agree.
He has every physical skill. On paper, he's a good RB. It just doesn't seem to show up on the field.

I'll agree that he blows if he fails this year. Things are quite different in Miami in 2014. There were negatives last year prevented him from excelling. Those are gone. Sherman was fired, the OL is improved. The new OC's (Lazor) offense fits him and he wants the RBs to play like they do in Philly. They realize that Thomas is a plodding bum. Miller is only 23 & had a great offseason so far.

Even though Lazor was the quarterbacks coach and not the running backs coach for the Eagles, he does appear to understand the importance of the running game—more specifically, the importance of big plays and putting backs in space, something that suits Miller more than any other back on the Dolphins roster.

"Every single day we're pushing them to see them make big plays in the running game," Lazor said, per NFL.com's Marc Sessler. "And I think that's what separates some teams in this league, is the ability to get those backs in space."

Meanwhile, Miller played in a more traditional offense that didn't create space for him behind arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Rotoworld:

According to the Miami Herald, "there's a hope in Dolphins camp" that Lamar Miller "can play the role of LeSean 'Shady' McCoy" in new OC Bill Lazor's offense.

Lazor spent 2013 on Chip Kelly's staff as Philly led the NFL in rushing and yards per carry (5.1). Miller lacks McCoy's lateral explosiveness, but he is a speed back who's dangerous in space. Earlier in July, Miller met with McCoy to discuss "how to thrive in the system Lazor has brought from Philly to South Florida," and also watched Shady's game tape. Per beat writer Adam Beasley, Miller "has been clearly ahead" of Knowshon Moreno "every step of the way." "He looks good, he looks stronger than he’s ever been," said coach Joe Philbin of Miller, who gained 6-8 pounds of offseason muscle. "I don’t think he’s sacrificed any speed whatsoever." Miller is shaping up as a potential steal at his seventh-round ADP.

Source: Miami Herald

Jul 27 - 7:05 PM

Rotoworld:

According to the Miami Herald, "there's a hope in Dolphins camp" that Lamar Miller "can play the role of LeSean 'Shady' McCoy" in new OC Bill Lazor's offense.Lazor spent 2013 on Chip Kelly's staff as Philly led the NFL in rushing and yards per carry (5.1). Miller lacks McCoy's lateral explosiveness, but he is a speed back who's dangerous in space. Earlier in July, Miller met with McCoy to discuss "how to thrive in the system Lazor has brought from Philly to South Florida," and also watched Shady's game tape. Per beat writer Adam Beasley, Miller "has been clearly ahead" of Knowshon Moreno "every step of the way." "He looks good, he looks stronger than he’s ever been," said coach Joe Philbin of Miller, who gained 6-8 pounds of offseason muscle. "I don’t think he’s sacrificed any speed whatsoever." Miller is shaping up as a potential steal at his seventh-round ADP.

Jul 27 - 7:05 PM
This is great to hear if you are buying Miller. Still, the Eagkes have a top 5 oline and the Dolphins a bottom 5 oline. How are the guys up front looking in camp?

I'll agree that he blows if he fails this year. Things are quite different in Miami in 2014. There were negatives last year prevented him from excelling. Those are gone. Sherman was fired, the OL is improved. The new OC's (Lazor) offense fits him and he wants the RBs to play like they do in Philly. They realize that Thomas is a plodding bum. Miller is only 23 & had a great offseason so far.

Even though Lazor was the quarterbacks coach and not the running backs coach for the Eagles, he does appear to understand the importance of the running game—more specifically, the importance of big plays and putting backs in space, something that suits Miller more than any other back on the Dolphins roster.

"Every single day we're pushing them to see them make big plays in the running game," Lazor said, per NFL.com's Marc Sessler. "And I think that's what separates some teams in this league, is the ability to get those backs in space."

Meanwhile, Miller played in a more traditional offense that didn't create space for him behind arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL.
I am a huge Dolphins homer. This statement is purely speculative. We don't have our only ALL-Pro Center till the 8th game of the season. We have an unproven Dallas Thomas penciled in starting at G. Shelly Smith is taking snaps at C. A rookie at RT.

The OL is again in flux and a huge question mark. I hope they come together. I really do. But I think we (Fins fans) are in for another brutal season of anywhere from 6-9 wins max. I would be shocked and full of joy to see us win 10 games and actually win a post season game. Something that has not been done in 15 years now (winning a playoff game).

Lamar Miller needs to be an impact player for any type of success this team can have. Knowshon is not playing with Manning, Thomas, Thomas, Welker and Decker anymore nor running behind a stout OL. I am a big believer in Lamar Miller's talent and ability to be a play maker. But his situation is not exactly great with this OL.

We are talking about Miami. Awful situation for any RB. Miller is the only ray of light in the backfield IMO. Hopefully he can shine in the new offense and they get him out on space where he is deadly.

It remains to be seen. And the pre-season (gulp I hate preseason) will tell us plenty about the teams grasp of the new system, the OL play and how they plan on utilizing the RB's.

Should be interesting.

ESPN Dolphins reporter James Walker said the team's center position "is starting to become a major concern."
lolz

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133303/dolphins-camp-report-day-5
How big of a rock was this guy under? Starting to be a concern... :lmao:
Another shining example of how bad and inept our front office and for that matter HC are. We go into a season with no depth at the center position? We knew Pouncy had a hip issue, yet no free agent signing of any kind, no draft pick of any kind to address depth at the center position.

Samson Satele is out there. Gulp....Sheesh we suck.

ESPN Dolphins reporter James Walker said the team's center position "is starting to become a major concern."
lolz

Another shining example of how bad and inept our front office and for that matter HC are. We go into a season with no depth at the center position? We knew Pouncy had a hip issue, yet no free agent signing of any kind, no draft pick of any kind to address depth at the center position.

Samson Satele is out there. Gulp....Sheesh we suck.
The Saints just brought Jonathan Goodwin back, he was out there, apparently no competition for him, just Saints and 9ers.

The center position is starting to become a major concern. For the second day in a row, Shelley Smith had two errant snaps to quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The second bad snap was a ground ball that skipped past Tannehill in team drills. Soon after, backup center Nate Garner finished practice on the first team. Miami tried several different combinations in an effort to find the best five on the line. In addition to Garner, rookie guard Billy Turner also worked with the first-team offense at times on Wednesday.
Smith used to play guard for the Rams, he's never been a center. I thought Garner was the guard? Where is Sam Brenner, at guard?

Is this going to be a repeat of last year? What is the actual o-line lineup?

lolz

Another shining example of how bad and inept our front office and for that matter HC are. We go into a season with no depth at the center position? We knew Pouncy had a hip issue, yet no free agent signing of any kind, no draft pick of any kind to address depth at the center position.Samson Satele is out there. Gulp....Sheesh we suck.
The Saints just brought Jonathan Goodwin back, he was out there, apparently no competition for him, just Saints and 9ers.

The center position is starting to become a major concern. For the second day in a row, Shelley Smith had two errant snaps to quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The second bad snap was a ground ball that skipped past Tannehill in team drills. Soon after, backup center Nate Garner finished practice on the first team. Miami tried several different combinations in an effort to find the best five on the line. In addition to Garner, rookie guard Billy Turner also worked with the first-team offense at times on Wednesday.
Smith used to play guard for the Rams, he's never been a center. I thought Garner was the guard? Where is Sam Brenner, at guard?

Is this going to be a repeat of last year? What is the actual o-line lineup?
the blog says thsy brenner was carted off the field

As of this post.

LT Albert LG Daryn Colledge C Nate Garner RG Shelly Smith RT Juwan James

Garner is now going to start working at Center Smith has had multiple snap exchange issues. Colledge has looked steady at LG.

Stay tuned.

I think Brenner was out on the field yesterday, but working on the side. Not that he is much of a difference maker anyway, but good news for the Brenner family.

Line is a mess again. Shame, because with Pouncey healthy, the line may have actually been formidable. Looks like (left to right) Albert, Garner (or Turner/Brenner), Smith (who cant snap the ball), Dallas Thomas, JuWan James. My guess is that we sign Satele, and move Smith to guard, where he belongs. That would be a bit better. Albert, Smith, Satele, Thomas, James with Garner, Turner, and Brenner coming off the bench.

When Pouncey comes back, assuming Thomas or Turner are pro-ready, and Juwan James is worthy of his draft position, the line has the potential to not suck.

ETA: Forgot about Colledge. Todem has it right.

You'd think if they wanted satele he'd be in camp

Unless he's just ducking it, like favre.

I wonder if they just stand pat, or pick over cutdowns

As of this post.

Garner is now going to start working at Center Smith has had multiple snap exchange issues. Colledge has looked steady at LG.

Stay tuned.
what about the other rookie replacing colledge at a guard spot?

could be a pretty good line if the rookies pan out and the figure out center --- maybe somebody shakes loose in cutdowns.

As of this post.

Stay tuned.
what about the other rookie replacing colledge at a guard spot?

could be a pretty good line if the rookies pan out and the figure out center --- maybe somebody shakes loose in cutdowns.
There is hope Turner pans out but The hope was Dallas Thomas would really turn the corner.

Ideally the line was hoping to look like

Albert LT

Smith LG

Pouncy C

Thomas RG

James RT

I'd say they're in trouble if this is the best they can do.
Smith's ability to move defenders at will and get out in front of run plays will gain him fans among NFL offensive line coaches, especially those using zone-blocking schemes. The fact he was among the quickest (5.03-second 40, 1.74 10-yard split) and strongest (26 reps) guards at the combine

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports Dolphins G/C David Arkin has been getting some reps with the first-team offense.

It speaks volumes to how desperate the Dolphins have become at finding Mike Pouncey's replacement. Converted guards Shelley Smith and Nate Garner have struggled with center-to-quarterback exchanges and don't appear capable of holding on to the job. Arkin and Sam Brenner are the only players on Miami's roster with center experience. Free agent Samson Satele is likely available for the veteran minimum and remains on the Dolphins' radar. Aug. 2 - 3:20 pm et

I know you didn't ask, but personally I would push Shelley to take the position and run with it...

Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

The Miami Herald suggests Lamar Miller could open the season as the Dolphins' first- and second-down back, with Knowshon Moreno playing on passing downs.

NFL coaches generally don't like this approach because having Miller on the field would then telegraph that a run play is coming. Moreno is the Fins' best pass-blocking back, however, and the Dolphins may need that if their offensive line is remotely as poor as it was last season. Ideally, Miller would show well enough in pass pro this preseason to solidify Miami's every-down back job.

Source: Miami Herald Aug 3 - 10:53 PM

The Oline looks terrible again. Miller actually looked very natural catching the ball, though. Didn't really get involved in pass protection, though. He basically just ran into the flat as a target or a decoy on about every pass play.

Next pre-season game they will game plan and have a dress rehearsal. That game may give a peak.

As a Dolphins fan...I am giddy about the pace and play calling I have seen in this limited pre-season thus far. Lazor is not showing much so far. This offense has lot's of potential if...and this is a big if, the OL comes together.

Lamar Miller can be a huge beneficiary of this offense. Lot's of space and big plays can be had.

Rotoworld:

The Miami Herald believes it's "clear" Lamar Miller has fallen behind Knowshon Moreno for lead-back duties.
Reporter Armando Salguero — whose gut is usually right — came to the conclusion after listening to OC Bill Lazor's Monday presser. "(I) feel very good about (Miller's) ability to be productive," Lazor said. "But if you're talking about the preseason games, his production needs to improve." Lazor also hinted he wants Miller to be more "decisive." We're unlikely to get a true idea of how the Dolphins' backfield will shake out before Sunday's opener against the Patriots, but it's obvious a committee is in order. It's just a matter of who is the lead dog.

Related: Knowshon Moreno

Miller still listed as Mia starter.

(RotoWire)Miller remains listed as the starter at running back over Knowshon Moreno on the Dolphins' first official depth chart of the regular season, the team's official site reports.

Analysis: Though Miller remains listed as the top back on the Dolphins' posted depth chart, the reports suggests that both Miller and Moreno figure to see considerable playing time out of the team's backfield. In any case, until something resembling a predictable distribution of the team's carries emerges, and that won't likely be revealed until Sunday's season opener against the Patriots, we'll continue to operate under the assumption that some form of time-share will be in effect out of the gate. For his part, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald maintains that he expects Moreno to emerge as the team's top back, but such a scenario remains speculative, given the team's posted depth chart.

(Article Link)

Fantasy Sharks has the best FREE weekly player projections and rankings. Become a Fantasy Shark!

MFL Platinum 2014 - owners can view live scores, set lineups, post/reply to messages, view standings, read player news for all their leagues and more!

Someone will turn $250 into $200,000 playing fantasy football - Check out The Fantasy Championship

I think regardless of who is the official starter, Moreno will do better and they will simply give him the ball more and more because he will be more effective. That's how it sometimes works.

I think regardless of who is the official starter, Moreno will do better and they will simply give him the ball more and more because he will be more effective. That's how it sometimes works.
It could work out that way. Still, the wide spread speculation that Moreno had overtaken the starting role was not true. That's pretty meaningful.

I'm a Miller owner, and boy is it painful - I still am confident that he's a good back, but there were NO holes for him to hit last year.

Granted his preseason sucked, but whether the guy is Miller or Moreno, don't expect much production from either.

PPR:

I really like how are things are looking for him if they use Moreno on early downs and him as a pass catching and change of pace. (I think it's the role he's best suited for)

I was pleasantly surprised by his performance yesterday. In my home league, he just kept sitting there, so I eventually took him in the 13th round, expecting very little. If he can continue to produce like yesterday, I'll be quite happy.

Rotoworld:

Lamar Miller rushed 15 times for 108 yards and caught 4-of-5 targets for 24 yards in the Dolphins' Week 3 loss to Kansas City.

Sunday's playcalling performance by Fins OC Bill Lazor was very disappointing. While Miller ripped off over seven yards per carry, Ryan Tannehill was head-scratchingly allowed to attempt 43 passes despite almost complete ineffectiveness. Tannehill averaged 4.8 yards per pass attempt. Lazor has a run-devoted background, so look for him to get this ratio corrected when the Dolphins take on the Raiders in London next week. As long as Knowshon Moreno is out -- and he's expected to miss at least three more games -- Miller will offer upside as a weekly RB2. Miller is now averaging 5.76 yards per carry on the season.

Sep 21 - 8:21 PM

Users who are viewing this thread