What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (2 Viewers)

I really think Miller is going to return from the dead. His problem has been usage. Looks like that problem is about to be solved. And you know what, I bet they start moving the ball a lot better overall once they place more priority on the run. I could really see a return to his 2014 usage. Basically envisioning about 15 carries, 70 yards, 2-3 catches for another 20, and a score every other game.

I really think Miller is going to return from the dead. His problem has been usage. Looks like that problem is about to be solved. And you know what, I bet they start moving the ball a lot better overall once they place more priority on the run. I could really see a return to his 2014 usage. Basically envisioning about 15 carries, 70 yards, 2-3 catches for another 20, and a score every other game.
Fixed :D

SPN Dolphins reporter James Walker said RB Lamar Miller "should" get more carries under new coach Dan Campbell.

Miller had just seven carries in each of the last two games and is averaging just over nine carries a game this season. Miller said coach Campbell will place an emphasis on the running game, and the back promised to me "more decisive" moving forward. Miller is a sneaky DFS play this week.

Sebowski said:
Any homers know who the handcuff to Miller is?

Gray, Williams, Lamar Smith, to be determined?
Sammy Smith, imo
I think Cecil Collins was granted a work release from prison, so I may pick him up!

In all seriousness, Damien Williams is the primary backup and Gray has been getting worked in as well.

But I fully expect Lamar to get back on track if they indeed focus more on establishing him early and more often. He is a solid PPR RB2 if he is given the workload needed. 14-16 carries 3-4 targets in the passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next couple of games look good from a strength of schedule standpoint. MIA may not have faced easier teams to rush against thus far.

I'm going to be watching this one closely this week. For many of us who went WR-WR or WR-TE in the first couple rounds, this guy was drafted as our RB1. To say he's been a disappointment is a massive understatement, but at least there's some hope.

6 carries for 53 yards already.

Imagine that, 7 rushes, 7 pass plays, and Miami is leading 7-3 and about to score again.

Looked like an awkward tackle there. I was getting excited about buying low. Come on - get back in there!

ETA: I got worried for nothing! Nice run and good to see you back, Lamar!

Its that easy. Give Lamar the ball. 90yards and a TD in one half. As said above its not rocket science. And after trading D Martin for him (before Martin broke out) I am double thrilled.

Very glad I turned down the Doug Martin for Miller trade offer last week. Countered for J. Matthews for Martin instead so now I have the best of both worlds.

Glad I started Charcandrick over him.

:mellow:

Good to see that someone with a semblance of a brain wave knows how to use him. Looking forward to starting him next week.

Someone dropped him in one of my leagues. What amount of a blind bidding budget would he be worth to pick up (out of $100 total budget for the season)?

Someone dropped him in one of my leagues. What amount of a blind bidding budget would he be worth to pick up (out of $100 total budget for the season)?
Whatever you have left or pretty damn close to it. You're not going to see a team's RB1 and a high-end RB2 for fantasy purposes on the wire very often.

I realize that nobody cares but the owner that bid everything for Charcandrick dropped Lamar Miller to do it. I picked up Lamar the next day with no other competition. I didn't play him this week but I did mention earlier in this thread that strength of schedule favors Miller going forward. To be fair what's apparent now is that going to impact his value more is the new coach running the ball more.

All this to say: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Sooo how do we all feel about Lamar moving forward? This weekend was great and I'm glad I had the foresight to start him (he won my game for me)....but moving forward with an interim head coach and probably stiffer competition with the likes of NE and Buffalo and the Jets on the schedule, do you see his lower level RB1 production continuing?

I checked out Tremblay's early rankings for Week 7 and he's actually towards the lower half of my players....not even a recommended start next week which kind of surprised me after his breakout.

The ranking for the first five weeks were 7, 5, 1, 12 and 28 last week. This week I'm seeing him going against the #14 ranked defense on one site and #17 on another so it's easier than the first four weeks but harder than last week. The carries will probably more resemble this week than the first week due to the change in coaching. FBG's will be conservative until they see a trend. I'd rather take an educated guess and have access to the guy for an extra week. If I'm wrong I don't mind, it's on me.

I mentioned earlier in this thread, that I was targeting Miller everywhere.

I drafted him in 2 leagues (well, that was some early season "turbulence" LOL) but I was fortunate to flip Crowell for him close to 2 weeks back to a disgruntled owner.

Couldn't be happier, and the other owner gets to wear a "Turbin" at this point too. :excited:

Anyhow, I couldn't land him in the last league I tried, but I was wondering..........

How aggressive are any of you fellow owners going to be as far as handcuffing this guy?

In one league in particular I was fairly sure to get Damian Williams, which appears to be his handcuff or so it seemed earlier in the season.

Apparently Williams fumbled in this game, and Jonas Gray got more work, although I can't say the two events are related.

On the box scores I could locate, it doesn't differentiate when the backs got their carries.

I'm starting to look more into Jonas Gray now, but now I am not so sure either guy comes to the forefront in the event of an injury.

I think Todem (who posts a fair bit in this thread) has some good Dolphin insight, as he is a Fins homer.

You got any good info on anything you may have seen this last game concerning who we might target for a handcuff???

I *THINK* (or thought) Williams was the one to get, but it may actually be more of a tossup at this point.

(I'm not always big on handcuffs in general, but in one league I am short on RBs, and I feel its more important in those spots)

Any help is appreciated.

TZM

I don't have any insider info for you and I'm curious to hear if I'm wrong about this, but I'm under the impression that it would be a serious RBBC if Lamar went down. In other words not really worth using a roster spot for a handcuff

I don't have any insider info for you and I'm curious to hear if I'm wrong about this, but I'm under the impression that it would be a serious RBBC if Lamar went down. In other words not really worth using a roster spot for a handcuff
This is kind of the way I'm feeling.

At first I thought it would be more of a Damien Williams role to "take" if the situation arose, through injury or whatever.

Not that I'm looking for "insider information", but Todem had some brilliant preseason commentary on the times he went to the Fins camp.

(I think it was him anyway, and I don't know which thread it may have been in)

I was just wondering if anyone knew which RB was thrust in once the game was out of hand, and more explicitly should he be considered the handcuff.

Its likely not going to be a situation where I handcuff at this point, but always knowing who the cuff may be is helpful in the case of emergencies.

I've been in leagues where I have lost 8+ RB's at one point or another during a season, and the info can be season saving in extreme scenarios.

It will most likely be one of those RBBC scenarios where one guy would have to truly emerge over time to be a fantasy asset, but if they are leaning one way or another, it would be interesting to know which at least.

TZM

This is kind of the way I'm feeling.

At first I thought it would be more of a Damien Williams role to "take" if the situation arose, through injury or whatever.

Not that I'm looking for "insider information", but Todem had some brilliant preseason commentary on the times he went to the Fins camp.

(I think it was him anyway, and I don't know which thread it may have been in)

I was just wondering if anyone knew which RB was thrust in once the game was out of hand, and more explicitly should he be considered the handcuff.

Its likely not going to be a situation where I handcuff at this point, but always knowing who the cuff may be is helpful in the case of emergencies.

I've been in leagues where I have lost 8+ RB's at one point or another during a season, and the info can be season saving in extreme scenarios.

It will most likely be one of those RBBC scenarios where one guy would have to truly emerge over time to be a fantasy asset, but if they are leaning one way or another, it would be interesting to know which at least.

TZM
Its going to be tough for anyone to give a good answer to this question given the new HC. Nobody has any idea who he prefers. There is no real information other than last week's blowout to tell us that. My guess, like yours is a fairly even split between Gray and Williams if Lamar goes down. Both have exhibited competence, but neither has really distinguished himself.

Agree with Chuck. Pure RBBC if Lamar were to go down. Not worth rostering IMO.

But Lamar is fully back on track. This team is committed to the run now. Committed to physical football. Texans coming to town and a team we should punch in the mouth and get a win to get us back to 3-3. That would be a heck of a jolt and build some confidence to build upon heading into a tough stretch.

The ranking for the first five weeks were 7, 5, 1, 12 and 28 last week. This week I'm seeing him going against the #14 ranked defense on one site and #17 on another so it's easier than the first four weeks but harder than last week. The carries will probably more resemble this week than the first week due to the change in coaching. FBG's will be conservative until they see a trend. I'd rather take an educated guess and have access to the guy for an extra week. If I'm wrong I don't mind, it's on me.
On my customized rankings page they had a guy who had almost no real game experience (C.West) ranked WAY ahead of Miller with the new guy's coach (Reid) being rather cryptic about the division of touches while Miller's coach was basically admitting Miller was going to see more touches.

That was NOT conservative.

And yes, I'm incensed that I took Miller out of my lineup to put West in it.

But it wasn't just FBG's. A lot of experts read the tea leaves wrong on that one.

On my customized rankings page they had a guy who had almost no real game experience (C.West) ranked WAY ahead of Miller with the new guy's coach (Reid) being rather cryptic about the division of touches while Miller's coach was basically admitting Miller was going to see more touches.

That was NOT conservative.

And yes, I'm incensed that I took Miller out of my lineup to put West in it.

But it wasn't just FBG's. A lot of experts read the tea leaves wrong on that one.
I think it has more to do with the FBG prognosticators' algorithm for future production. Now that we have some 2015 historical stats to base future production off of, Miller looks like a poor play week to week. They will be consistently behind the curve on this until WAY too late.

For a guy like West, there was essentially zero 2015 production to base future predictions off of. The sky's the limit, so to speak.

But Lamar is fully back on track. This team is committed to the run now. Committed to physical football. Texans coming to town and a team we should punch in the mouth and get a win to get us back to 3-3. That would be a heck of a jolt and build some confidence to build upon heading into a tough stretch.
In one of the odder stats I have seen in awhile, the next time the Dolphins beat the Texans will be the first time they beat the Texans. They are 0-7 against Houston since the Texans joined the league in 2002.

Totally agree with this. Barring any drastic change in the situation I'm planning on starting him just about every week as long as he's healthy and won't bother handcuffing as the guys behind him will split and appear less talented. Still some tough games left but it eases up compared to the first month and I am optimistic his production can be back along the lines of last year now as long as the offense as a whole is competent.

I was just offered James Jones for him in a TD heavy league. 2 bonus points for every 50 yards rushing/receiving and 2 bonus points for every 5 catches. Pretty tempting but I can't afford to trade for a player on the bye this weekend.

Baloney Sandwich said:
I was just offered James Jones for him in a TD heavy league. 2 bonus points for every 50 yards rushing/receiving and 2 bonus points for every 5 catches. Pretty tempting but I can't afford to trade for a player on the bye this weekend.
miller is going to roll from here on out...he was used so sparingly the first games of the season ,hes got fresh legs now

Baloney Sandwich said:
I made the opposite version of that trade before last week and felt like I did pretty well.

Rotoworld:

Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

Dolphins OC Bill Lazor hinted the offense will remain balanced moving forward.

"I think most games we’ve had success here we’ve been closer to balanced," said Lazor. The Palm Beach Post's Andrew Abramson speculates Lazor is being given more freedom to run the balanced offense he wants under interim coach Dan Campbell, and that along with game flow led to the Dolphins running the ball 32 times against Tennessee last week. Miami's newfound offensive balance should be great news for Lamar Miller, who saw over 20 touches for the first time this season against the Titans. Miller will be a solid RB2 this week against the Texans.

Source: Palm Beach Post

Oct 24 - 12:58 PM
Link:

Dolphins’ Joe Philbin was holding back offensive coordinator Bill Lazor

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/10/23/dolphins-joe-philbin-was-holding-back-offensive-coordinator-bill-lazor/

Users who are viewing this thread