What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (1 Viewer)

Starting CJ Anderson over Miller this week. Hate that I have to do it, but can't trust Miller this week in a tough matchup. I'm really hoping Miller has a good week this week because as it's been mentioned above his playoff matchups are juicy......

Like I expected. Miller getting a ton of work today.

Finally I think we see this every week...or at least a concerted effort to run the ball.

Miller can be big for us in the playoffs!!!

First time he got 20 carries in his career right? Also love that it wasn't a big split with ajayi. That was getting annoying. Also thank god he didn't lose the game on the fumble.

Couple more landing spot options (other than Dallas) for Lamar Miller in 2016.

WASH, their RBs blow.

IND, Gore is on his last legs. He could back up Miller.

NYG. They got nothing.

WASH, their RBs blow.

NYG. They got nothing.
I still think Jones is the guy for 2016, and the Skins GM is known for putting together OL talent. They should be significantly better next year than they are currently. Most importantly, they have MANY other areas other than RB that need addressing.

tangfoot said:
lod01 said:

WASH, their RBs blow.

NYG. They got nothing.
I still think Jones is the guy for 2016, and the Skins GM is known for putting together OL talent. They should be significantly better next year than they are currently. Most importantly, they have MANY other areas other than RB that need addressing.
I agree Washington isn't likely, but Indy and the Giants seem like at least they in the realm of possibility, and possibly Dallas if they are not sold on McFadden.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's crazy, through Millers ups and (mostly) downs this year he finishes, so far, as like the 7th or 8th best rb this year in my league for all active rbs in average fp/g. Just imagine if he was used appropriately all season...

Looks fantastic tonight. The new offensive coordinator seems to be a good fit for him (and playing the Giants doesn't hurt).

He finishes up the fantasy playoffs at SD and home against Indy. I'm not sure there are many RBs I would rather have for the stretch run this season.

please clear up

i watched 1st quarter and 5 minutes of 2nd, giants could not stop dolphins run game

my wife calls me to do something stupid that could have waited, but happy wife happy life

just got back, it's halftime...

from what i see, dolphins had 3 more possessions and not one carry to miller?

did philpin get rehired?

please clear up

i watched 1st quarter and 5 minutes of 2nd, giants could not stop dolphins run game

my wife calls me to do something stupid that could have waited, but happy wife happy life

just got back, it's halftime...

from what i see, dolphins had 3 more possessions and not one carry to miller?

did philpin get rehired?
Philbin and Lazor

I have no dog in the fight and I'm just utterly perplexed. He put the team on his back and seemed like the clear ticket to winning this game and yet MIA completely abandoned him. I feel like any other team would've forced NYG to stop him yet MIA did that job for them. So confusing.

This game doesn't hurt me either but it's just silly watching them misuse Lamar Miller. Game on the line, he's done work all game and nope no touches. Or snaps. Lol it doesn't even matter who's calling the plays or who the hc is.

Went to high school with D. Williams. I love seeing the guy get passing down work. It's the rook out snapping him that I don't get for that drive.

Ha I was just about to accuse you of playing against him!

Lazor said on his way out the door that Tannehill kept audibling out of run calls, looks like that hasn't changed. Must suck to coach a guy that does what he wants and you can't put any discipline on him.

Not hurt. Stupid coaching. Whether Tannehill is being stupid by trying to make a name for himself or the coaches decision to abandon the run, they are done. They blew this game.

First 20 minutes of the game:

7 carries for Miller, 69 yards, 2 TDs, Miami scores 14 points

Final 40 minutes of the game

5 carries for Miller, 20 yards, Miami scores 10 points

Insanity.

Throw out the FF angle... this coaching staff and/or Tannehill are simply too stupid to keep their jobs.

Insanity.

Throw out the FF angle... this coaching staff and/or Tannehill are simply too stupid to keep their jobs.
that's insane. if that is true about Tannehill audibling out of runs all the time... well, then he's dumb.

Insanity.

And that's an improvement from previous weeks.

Insanity.

And that's an improvement from previous weeks.
This cannot be echoed enough.

Insanity.

TEs Coach and then DBs coach and I think the special teams coach were all elevated to these spots. This is kind of like having the guy who cooks french fries real well suddenly come handle the books or be the GM. I think Campbell has done an admirable job but you're asking for a Ranger to do the work of an F-350, it has its limits.

Insanity.

TEs Coach and then DBs coach and I think the special teams coach were all elevated to these spots. This is kind of like having the guy who cooks french fries real well suddenly come handle the books or be the GM. I think Campbell has done an admirable job but you're asking for a Ranger to do the work of an F-350, it has its limits.
I think you're right, and maybe I expect too much. Really I'm willing to cut a lot of slack given the circumstances. But what annoys me most is that the fry cook seems to have forgotten how to make fries. It's like they're trying too hard to reinvent offensive football when all they need to do to be more successful is run more of the simplest play in football, one that's been around for decades. Ironically, the 1972 Dolphins were in attendance. What more of a tribute could there be but to run the ball to a victory. And I don't even like Miami.

It is confusing how the interim coaches wouldn't just simplify the game and get the ball into the hands of their most consistently good player...just play smart football, run the ball a lot, play defense, and a mediocre coach can look better than he is depending on how the close games end up in the W/L column. Just get back to basics and do what your team does well if you're an interim coach desperate during an extended audition.

His lack of use in the second half cost me somewhere between $500 and $1000. 21 yards or two catches for 11 yards. :angry: :(
Only cost me between $110 and $500. 1.9 point loss, though I can also thank Gronk playing at 8:30 instead of 1:00 (cost me 6 pts) and Jacksonvilles inexplicable end of game 4th down QB sneak td while up 28 points (facing Bortles).

5 touches in final 40 minutes. Very frustrating loss.

He'll be a stud somewhere next year.
For Miller's sake and FF dynasty/keeper league owners, you may be right. The problem is that the league devalues RBs nowadays, so there's no guarantee a team will throw enough money at him to be the bellcow. Could be part of an RBBC for all we know. Guys like Forte and Morris are probably facing similar issues.

As for last night, sometimes we FF guys erroneously think we know better than coaches, but I don't think anyone in their right mind could see why you wouldn't ride the hot hand like Miller in a tight game. And this after the team said after changing their OC that they needed to re-commit to the run.

Miller is 24 so I'm not sure AlMo or Forte is a comp. 5.1 YPC the last two years with 15 rushing TDs.

That is going to get paid in about four months.

smoke monster said:
Ok so at this point it has to be either

1. Dolphins are trying to keep him fresh and keep his price down to resign him

2. They're trying to get a higher draft pick

3. Miller totally pissed off someone high up in the organization

Incompetence cannot be an excuse anymore.
I would think #1 if they were so stupid from the beginning.

They may even be able to coax him back since he is from the area. If so, I will trade him away as they have a proven track record of incompetence.

Grab lead with Miller, piss away lead with Tannehill.

I am starting to wonder if Tannehill is in fact part of the problem as far as changing the play to try and show people that he can win games with his arm. Where there is smoke there is fire and the incidents with the PS players picking him off isn't something someone just makes up out of the blue. I think this guy wants to carry the team and he keeps trying to and keeps costing the team wins. If so, he needs reigned in and told to flat out run the play called.

From a dynasty perspective I've been counting down the days until he can bail this dumpster fire but a few plugged in folks on Twitter last night sounded like he was coming back to Miami.

If so, :sadbanana:

The Dolphins really are the dumbest team in football. "Hey guys, our RB is gashing their defense and looks really good. Let's just not give him the ball in the 2nd half when it's a close game!"

How does his last touch come with 11 minutes left in the game?

A third of his touches game on their 1st TD drive where he ran it in. Nah, we don't need to give him the ball more.

The Dolphins really are the dumbest team in football. "Hey guys, our RB is gashing their defense and looks really good. Let's just not give him the ball in the 2nd half when it's a close game!"

How does his last touch come with 11 minutes left in the game?

A third of his touches game on their 1st TD drive where he ran it in. Nah, we don't need to give him the ball more.
They definitely are not smart enough to say, 'let's not wear him out and if we lose we get a better draft pick'. They have not shown a history of being smart.

Users who are viewing this thread