What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (3 Viewers)

I have this gut feeling Miller goes off this week.
Im really really looking for a reason to start him this week. Would you mind elaborating on your gut feeling? The reason he missed the 2nd half last week is very cloudy.
My rationale as to why I may start him...it seems when we all think he will do well, he does ok and then gets pulled by coaches who don't seem to want him to do well.

Now that we all think they will pull him, the coaches will again do the opposite and give him the ball.

Or, burritos.

Some of us have no choice but to start him. He's my only healthy and playable Rb left lol.

Dion Lewis, Ingram, Chris Johnson, all gone. Demarco murray benched (and I'm still playing him this week lol).

Yes that's my backfield n my sb matchup: Miller and murray.

No faab money left since like week 12.

Im really really looking for a reason to start him this week. Would you mind elaborating on your gut feeling? The reason he missed the 2nd half last week is very cloudy.
My rationale as to why I may start him...it seems when we all think he will do well, he does ok and then gets pulled by coaches who don't seem to want him to do well.

Now that we all think they will pull him, the coaches will again do the opposite and give him the ball.

Or, burritos.
The Costanza Theory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

I think you have to look at it this way, if you are an underdog start miller and hope he hits for some yards and a couple scores. Otherwise I would be starting someone with a higher floor.

Miller still needs a couple hundred yards to get to 1000. Miami needs some sort of goal for this game, getting Miller 1000 yards seems like the only thing they got. Plus Miller should be very angry due to lack or carries and impending free agency.

West / D Rob / Robinson / Miller ... in that order!

Who would of thought that would of been my week 16 starting line-up.

Have played him and D Murray most of the year. For the finals I am likely playing two or three of Powell, Riddick, Shoelace and Gillislee. LOL. At least Russell Wilson decided to play like vintage Rodgers.

Miller still needs a couple hundred yards to get to 1000. Miami needs some sort of goal for this game, getting Miller 1000 yards seems like the only thing they got. Plus Miller should be very angry due to lack or carries and impending free agency.
Have been a fan of his since his Canes Days, never seemed to play with an abundance of passion, think he's going to transfer his built up anger into production this week, as if he has a chip now and something to prove. Plus these coaches are coaching for their future, and I think it's hard to explain benching Miller in an interview.

Have been a fan of his since his Canes Days, never seemed to play with an abundance of passion, think he's going to transfer his built up anger into production this week, as if he has a chip now and something to prove. Plus these coaches are coaching for their future, and I think it's hard to explain benching Miller in an interview.
Yet this is exactly what they have consistently done this year. Why would it change now?

Yet this is exactly what they have consistently done this year. Why would it change now?
Maybe its not the coaches. We hoped the inexplicable lack of using Miller was gone with Philbin and Lazor. But, it still is present.

Dolphins interim OC Zac Taylor said there"s "not a reason" Lamar Miller's workloads have been limited the past two weeks, and that he wanted to get Miller more touches in Week 15.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter Dec 24 - 3:44 PM

Dolphins interim OC Zac Taylor said there"s "not a reason" Lamar Miller's workloads have been limited the past two weeks, and that he wanted to get Miller more touches in Week 15.

Seems like you changed the wording of the tweet. "Said he wanted to run more". Not sure if "he" is referring to himself or Miller.

Seems like you changed the wording of the tweet. "Said he wanted to run more". Not sure if "he" is referring to himself or Miller.
Just copy & paste Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7408/lamar-miller

Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

Whatever you say, Zac. Miller is easily the Dolphins' best offensive player, but they have failed time and again to get him the touches he needs/deserves. We'd like to believe he'll be featured in a juicy matchup with the Colts, but an unintelligent team hasn't given us any reason to believe in their process. Miller is on the RB1/2 borderline for Week 16.

Just copy & paste Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7408/lamar-miller

Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

Whatever you say, Zac. Miller is easily the Dolphins' best offensive player, but they have failed time and again to get him the touches he needs/deserves. We'd like to believe he'll be featured in a juicy matchup with the Colts, but an unintelligent team hasn't given us any reason to believe in their process. Miller is on the RB1/2 borderline for Week 16.

Oh ok. I went on Twitter and found the actual tweet. They changed it then.

My theory is that this coaching staff knows it's done. All of them. Miller made them look like fools when they said he was hurt 2 weeks ago and he said he wasn't which caused to local media to really shred the HC and staff. They are going to #### with Miller before they are fired. He has a goal of 1k yards. He's not sniffing 1k yards.

Of course it is backfiring on them because how the hell are they going to even get another job. The 1st question from anyone interviewing them will be, 'tell us why you gave up repeatedly on Miller when the stats show you should have stayed with himt. There probably won't be a 2nd question.

What I would love to know is who is really calling the shots and wants Tannehill to throw the ball. Everyone on the planet knows that the team does best when Miller gets 15+ carries.

lod01 said:
What I would love to know is who is really calling the shots and wants Tannehill to throw the ball. Everyone on the planet knows that the team does best when Miller gets 15+ carries.
My guess would be Steve Ross, who is paying Tannehill all that money.

Dallas is the best option for Miller because of surrounding talent and Garrett's history of leaning on a cowbell RB. Other friendly landing spots would be IND, BALT, CAR and HOU.

Other enticing landing spots are OAK, NYJ or NYG.

I do not want Miller signing with NE, no way, no how. I do not want any part of dealing with BB and his random use of RBs!
Garrett is gone after this year, imo. The fact he couldn't even compete in that division this year is pretty telling.
They would have dominated that division if Romo was able to stay on the field.

Lamar Miller (quad, ankle) is listed as probable for Week 16.

His practice participation went from limited on Wednesday and Thursday to full on Friday. Miller projects as the Dolphins' Week 16 lead back, but Jay Ajayi is earning consistent snaps as a change-up runner. Miller does have an excellent matchup against a sub-par Colts run defense this week.

Dec 25 - 2:33 PM Rotoworld

I don't know how but I am sticking with Miller. I waffled on my Woodhead,Tim Hightower, and Rashad Jenning options. Was deadset on benching Miller earlier in the week but talent won out for me. P.s. I am the underdog

I don't know how but I am sticking with Miller. I waffled on my Woodhead,Tim Hightower, and Rashad Jenning options. Was deadset on benching Miller earlier in the week but talent won out for me. P.s. I am the underdog
I'm the underdog as well and starting Miller due to upside.

Other wishful thinking reasons:

* The matchup is there.

* After a dud the coaching staff sometimes seem to wake up and give him the ball.

* Offensive line wants him to get 1000 yards.

The matchup is there, yes.

However the coaches have no clue with him

He's had 2 good games, 2bad games, 2 good games and last week a bad game.

CBS sports and FBG have him ranked high assuming he's going to have a good game with 15+ touches. I just don't see it.

It's a suckers bet during SB week to trust the MIA coaches to utilize him. I can't trust that.

Also, last 5 out of 6 he hasn't scored.

I see 12 carries 50 yards and no score this week

For all of you starting him I hope I'm wrong GL

GL to all this week. Let's all hope we won't need him to win our games no matter if we played him or benched him. 12 points and I'll be happy.

Sat him to play CAP

Cost me 9.1 points

Just couldn't trust MIA to use him

They gave Ajayi two tries at the GL before Miller,

So he got lucky to get that opportunity

Rotoworld:

Lamar Miller carried the ball 19 times for 60 yards and caught 1-of-2 targets for three yards Week 17 against the Patriots.

It was a surprisingly high-usage outing for what will likely be Miller’s final in Miami. An unrestricted free agent, Miller has been criminally underused since being taken in the fourth round of the 2012 draft, and that did not change this season. Miller averaged 4.5 yards per carry and 8.4 yards per catch, but he saw 15 or fewer touches in 9 games despite the offense struggling all season. Miller still managed to score 10 total touchdowns and now has 19 total the last two seasons. Depending on where he lands, Miller will be in the back-end RB1 conversation next season.

Jan 3 - 6:23 PM

The Houston Chronicle reports Lamar Miller is expected to cost "roughly $6.5 million per year."
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Texans are making a "strong push" to sign Miller, and the Chronicle echoes those sentiments. Considering Chris Ivory reportedly got more than $6 million per year from the Jaguars, signing the much younger and more versatile Miller for "just" $6.5 million would be a steal. The Cowboys are also reportedly interested.

Related: Texans

Source: The Houston Chronicle 
Mar 8 - 10:33 PM

I sure wanted him here so we go Defense at 4th. Maybe its Zeke Elliot now, but I liked Miller as a solid young back for the price.

As a Miller owner I was quietly thrilled at the prospect of him signing with Dallas to see if 2014 or 2015 was the fluke year for that running game.

But I can't complain too much about Houston because I don't think Osweiler was brought in to be the next Tom Brady. I think he was brought in to manage a balanced attack. Given his versatility, I think Miller can be a direct role replacement for Foster. Not to mention Houston doesn't seem to have some philosophical bias in favor of a committee approach.

The coaching changes in Miami had me cautiously optimistic had he stayed, but at the same time, Miller's misuse seemed to carry over from HC to HC so you have to wonder if he was typecast by persons higher up than the HC's and thus would never get used properly regardless of who was HC.

Users who are viewing this thread