What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (3 Viewers)

So fell asleep early last night. How did the injury look?
He took a hit directly to the shoulder on the sideline after a long run. Could have stepped out, in hindsight should have. He was in and out the rest of the game. Didn't SEEM serious, but sometimes I think that and a guy goes on IR. Since I have Miller on a team, prepare for the worst.
Not that it's really relevant now, but isn't a shoulder issue what caused him to slip so far in the draft?

cockroach said:
Not that it's really relevant now, but isn't a shoulder issue what caused him to slip so far in the draft?
Yes.  He had off season surgery before the draft, but it was his left shoulder.  He hurt his right one Monday.

Anyone grabbed Blue or not worth it with the bye the following week and Miller probably playing this week?
He was my #1 target this week.  I love Houston's schedule going forward, and the line has blocked much, much better the last two weeks.  Blue looked really good other than the fumble.  I was worried about Miller's wear and tear anyway.  Strictly insurance, and one that may not pay off anyway..  Hoping that Miller delivers on his promise and even if he gets nicked plans could go awry when Grimes returns to the mix.  But Blue has had some big games in the past based on volume.

I have a feeling we might see more of Blue on Sunday than usual (when Miller was 100%) given that the team will be on a bye next week. Gives Miller less pounding heading into a week of rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling we might see more of Blue on Sunday than usual (when Miller was 100%) given that the team will be on a bye next week. Gives Miller less pounding heading into a week of rest.
I hear this and am a little worried about it, but Houston needs to win badly with the Colts starting to get healthy and the Titans looking like a semi-legit football team.  In my opinion (which matters little - I get that) they dont have the luxury of going with their next best guy just to get their best guy some rest.  They need their best guy on the field making plays and getting them the win.  They are in a very winnable division, but arent good enough to assume they can do it with pedestrian backup players, which is what Blue is.  

Or they may let Miller go full blast knowing they have a bye next week and he can rest then

Or they may let Miller go full blast knowing they have a bye next week and he can rest then
Maybe, but if I'm O'Brien, I'm thinking long term with the knowledge that my backup can do a serviceable job to spell my centerpiece. But who knows what he's thinking.

Just saw Miller will be a GTD. Interesting considering he got practice time in all week...

Lamar Miller - RB - Texans
Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Lamar Miller (shoulder) will be a game-time decision for Sunday's Week 8 game against the Lions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ughhh, had him locked in to play this week but now I'm worried about his workload. Gonna consider starting Pryor over him in my FLEX (already have Michael and Ware starting as RBs).

Was just coming in to post this. I'd be more worried about Miller if he hadn't practiced this week. But he was limited every day, which leads me to think he plays.
The "numbness" factor is troubling though because that would indicate nerve damage.  Yes???  I'm torn between him playing this week and just taking advantage of next week's bye to get healthy.  I'd hate to see him injure his shoulder worse and make this a chronic issue the rest of the year.

Should we all hold hands and jump off the cliff together?   My lord was I wrong about this situation for Lamar.   

Brock is the most overpaid employee in America.  And he is killing our boy.  

Man I was happy to put Ingram on my bench this week. But with the Miller news, I feel like I can't start him. So now it's Ingram or Michael Thomas. Not thrilled with either matchup

MattFancy said:
Man I was happy to put Ingram on my bench this week. But with the Miller news, I feel like I can't start him. So now it's Ingram or Michael Thomas. Not thrilled with either matchup
Stick Thomas in and rest easy. Coming off that last game and in New Orleans, I'd expect THomas to light it up

I saw on sleeperbot that he said he was going to play but wasn't sure how much.
This is so much more helpful that "Active"..  We dont need any projection.  1st half guarantee..   GL work.. 

Hopefully the Coach can confirm..

Whats important is knowing that the player was not sure..   Thank -you ST

I'm sitting him for Mark Ingram and I agree Ingram = 12 carries 33 yards, Miller = 24 touches 150 yards and a td

Users who are viewing this thread