What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Ellington - RB - Clemson. (2 Viewers)

I'm happy so far, and expect him to continue having a solid floor with big play potential.

He's getting the workload - 16 carries today, vs only 1 carry each for three other guys.

Hey everyone, I'm taking a small break from posting on these boards. I wish everyone luck in their leagues, finish your seasons strong!

This thread will be epic after the first few weeks when Ellington is putting up 12 - 65, 3 - 27 and Dwyer / Taylor are getting 15 - 48, 3 - 10 and have all the TDs.

O/U for calls from Ellington owners for Arians to be fired set at the week 4 bye -- despite AZ having a 2-1 record after a competitive loss to SF...
bump.

Pretty clear that Ellington is the bellcow as all the other RB's are irrrelevant in the offense. His foot and the QB situation have hurt his early production but his bye week is behind him and he seems to be getting healthier. I don't know how easy it would be to acquire an Ellington but he's clearly a guy that I would target based on volume, goal line work and ability. I think he ends up an RB1 when all is said and done.

Coeur de Clown was on point here huh? haha

You're better at juggling Coeur then you are evaluating a beast like Ellington.

4 games, 400 total yds, 2 td's so far

So 1/4 thru the season only, he's on pace for 1,600 total, 8 td's and 52 rec's....and has the 1 awesome game only so far. Sign me up please.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread will be epic after the first few weeks when Ellington is putting up 12 - 65, 3 - 27 and Dwyer / Taylor are getting 15 - 48, 3 - 10 and have all the TDs.

O/U for calls from Ellington owners for Arians to be fired set at the week 4 bye -- despite AZ having a 2-1 record after a competitive loss to SF...
bump.

Pretty clear that Ellington is the bellcow as all the other RB's are irrrelevant in the offense. His foot and the QB situation have hurt his early production but his bye week is behind him and he seems to be getting healthier. I don't know how easy it would be to acquire an Ellington but he's clearly a guy that I would target based on volume, goal line work and ability. I think he ends up an RB1 when all is said and done.
should find the post where he recommends spiller, martin, stacy, chris johnson and a load of other mediocre rbs over ellington.

I think he ends up an RB1 when all is said and done.
Well, seeing that he's an RB1 right now, you could definitely be right. Not to rain on the optimism in this thread, but what are Ellington owners feeling about his foot? I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous. He's doing great now, but what happens in Week 10, for example?

Is anyone selling now after a big week for a player like Forte, McCoy, Murray or Lynch?

Is anyone selling now after a big week for a player like Forte, McCoy, Murray or Lynch?
I think you'll have a very hard time finding someone who would pay that kind of price for Ellington. I'm holding, and just being happy that he's getting the workload. That was the biggest concern before the season started. And the injury seems OK - it didn't hold him back last week, so I see no point now in worrying about it.

I think you'll have a very hard time finding someone who would pay that kind of price for Ellington. I'm holding, and just being happy that he's getting the workload. That was the biggest concern before the season started. And the injury seems OK - it didn't hold him back last week, so I see no point now in worrying about it.
With keeper leagues and different market values for players, I don't think it would be that hard. Especially Ellington coupled with an intriguing keeper for one of those above RB's on a team that is 1-4 or 2-3. Worrying about this week isn't important. Week 6 isn't going to win you a league. Week 12 and beyond is what has me concerned about Ellington's foot, when games really matter.

Well, seeing that he's an RB1 right now, you could definitely be right. Not to rain on the optimism in this thread, but what are Ellington owners feeling about his foot? I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous. He's doing great now, but what happens in Week 10, for example?

I worried about it more in the early part of the season...his practice participation and injury report status is getting better all the time after being touch and go the first couple weeks.

If you can package to get those guys go for it.

I own Ellington in a dynasty league, and I love the guy's talent. But no way would I trade any of those RBs for him. You could make the argument for the Lynch owner making that trade in a dynasty league given Lynch's age. But I'd never take Ellington for Forte or McCoy.

I own Ellington in a dynasty league, and I love the guy's talent. But no way would I trade any of those RBs for him. You could make the argument for the Lynch owner making that trade in a dynasty league given Lynch's age. But I'd never take Ellington for Forte or McCoy.
Forte is half a year younger than Lynch.

He apparently keeps it a secret well, because a lot o people seem to not thing of him as old.

bump.

agreed Me and others have been pushing Ellington for 1-2 years while Couer de lion said he was scat back and irrelevant... Cheers fellas Ellington has Arrived.

He apparently keeps it a secret well, because a lot o people seem to not thing of him as old.
Good point. Doesn't Lynch beat Forte in touches by a wide margin though? More wear and tear?

I would Trade Lynch/Forte in a heartbeat for Ellington in Dynasty ppr. Mccoy is debatable although at what he is producing now I say go for it. Murray is one I really like and think he is Beastly so he is only 1 out of them 4 I don't trade for Ellington

Good point. Doesn't Lynch beat Forte in touches by a wide margin though? More wear and tear?
Their career touches are actually almost identical

Forte: 1950

Lynch: 2037

Ellington is 25 with low miles... Backs like Forte/lynch are almost to the edge of the cliff. The fall is fast for Rbs, almost overnight and it doesn't matter how great you were.

I like Ellington against WAS this week, but if Logan Thomas starts do they stick 11 in the box? Any concern there?
yes concern...and they will most certainly stack the box...Thomas was totally overmatched last week and if not for an amazing play by Ellington he wouldn't have had a completion.

I like Ellington against WAS this week, but if Logan Thomas starts do they stick 11 in the box? Any concern there?
yes concern...and they will most certainly stack the box...Thomas was totally overmatched last week and if not for an amazing play by Ellington he wouldn't have had a completion.
Well good thing Ellington can catch as well. Because odds are, Thomas will be checking down a lot.

Yup, concern here also. Also, WAS's run defense is surprisingly decent.

Ellington is 25 with low miles... Backs like Forte/lynch are almost to the edge of the cliff. The fall is fast for Rbs, almost overnight and it doesn't matter how great you were.
I agree.

I think for me I'm concerned that Ellington is the new Spiller: a talented player with a team that is stubborn about giving him enough touches. With AZ's thin RB corps, it's looking good this year. Next year? Who knows?

Rotoworld:

Andre Ellington managed 67 yards on 19 carries and caught 6-of-9 targets for 26 yards in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Redskins.

Ellington ripped off an early 18-yard run, but was otherwise bottled up as the Cardinals resumed pushing the ball downfield with Carson Palmer back healthy. A frustrating player to own beyond PPR leagues this season, Ellington has only scored a touchdown in 1-of-6 targets. In standard-scoring formats, Ellington will be an RB2 next week against the Raiders.

Oct 12 - 8:57 PM

Rotoworld:

Andre Ellington managed 67 yards on 19 carries and caught 6-of-9 targets for 26 yards in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Redskins.

Ellington ripped off an early 18-yard run, but was otherwise bottled up as the Cardinals resumed pushing the ball downfield with Carson Palmer back healthy. A frustrating player to own beyond PPR leagues this season, Ellington has only scored a touchdown in 1-of-6 targets. In standard-scoring formats, Ellington will be an RB2 next week against the Raiders.

Feels like Ellington will play like an RB1 in the Oakland matchup.

Rotoworld:

Andre Ellington managed 67 yards on 19 carries and caught 6-of-9 targets for 26 yards in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Redskins.Ellington ripped off an early 18-yard run, but was otherwise bottled up as the Cardinals resumed pushing the ball downfield with Carson Palmer back healthy. A frustrating player to own beyond PPR leagues this season, Ellington has only scored a touchdown in 1-of-6 targets. In standard-scoring formats, Ellington will be an RB2 next week against the Raiders.

Feels like Ellington will play like an RB1 in the Oakland matchup.
:goodposting:

25 touches is a great number to see for Ellington - as long as Arizona keeps giving him the opportunities, I'm confident that the scoring will follow.

Feels like he is doing a lot less than he could (kind of like Shady and Lacy).

He is a bit of a disappointment right now to me but could do worse. I don't like the idea of bumping up his touches to get more production. I don't think those too things are linear with him like they would be with a FJAX or Lynch or another type that seems to be able to handle the big workload without injury.

He is a bit of a disappointment right now to me but could do worse. I don't like the idea of bumping up his touches to get more production. I don't think those too things are linear with him like they would be with a FJAX or Lynch or another type that seems to be able to handle the big workload without injury.
He's RB13 right now in PPG and RB10 if you count only guys that have played 4+ games (IE eliminating guys that have had 1 big game and then got hurt before their average could come down). A low end RB1 is pretty good amidst the minefield of massive busts that came out of early RB picks.

That said, I do think the foot is slowing him down some. He doesn't seem to have the same burst/agility as last year but is still making the most of it. I think he could come on really strong next year when fully healed up, but I'm worried that the Cards will grab someone in the draft to compliment him.

He's RB13 right now in PPG and RB10 if you count only guys that have played 4+ games (IE eliminating guys that have had 1 big game and then got hurt before their average could come down). A low end RB1 is pretty good amidst the minefield of massive busts that came out of early RB picks.

That said, I do think the foot is slowing him down some. He doesn't seem to have the same burst/agility as last year but is still making the most of it. I think he could come on really strong next year when fully healed up, but I'm worried that the Cards will grab someone in the draft to compliment him.
I think ARI is going to look to grab another bruiser type back to compliment him eventually regardless. Taylor is underwhelming and Grice is more of an Ellington clone in the way that he should/will be utilized. It's not a bad thing however, because you really really don't want Ellington to have to pound it between the tackles by himself over an entire season. This is a guy who in college needed surgery on his foot after each season (twice) of ~220 touches.

As for his production so far this year, yeah you no doubt have to be pleased.

Ellington missed practice today for the first time since week 3. After the week 4 bye, he was putting in limited practices on Wednesday both in week 5 and 6. Nothing to truly worry about right now but it's definitely worth keeping tabs on to see if he puts in a limited practice tomorrow.

Ellington is 12th in the NFL with 81 carries through Week 6, but he's 64th in yards per carry, at just 3.77. That's not what we envisioned for this season. Ellington is seventh among all running backs with 188 yards receiving. A big chunk of that obviously comes from his 81-yard touchdown in Week 5. His 19 receptions is good for ninth in the NFL among running backs.

That's not terrible at all.

In fact, here is what his season projections look like.

Rushing: 260 carries 976 yards rushing 3.8 ypc 3 TDs

Receiving: 61 catches 601 yards receiving 9.8 ypc 3TDs

That is nearly 1600 yards from scrimmage. Everyone is good with that, right?

You have to look at this stat, which Seth Cox noted Wednesday.

In the history of the NFL, 425 players have received 259 carries or more in a season, and only 21 players have NOT gone over 1,000 yards. Andre Ellington is on pace to be number 22.
So what is the issue?

The reality is setting in that the Cardinals need a one-two duo of backs.

Look at his production last Sunday:

Quarter 1: Five carries for 39 yards (7.8 YPC)

Quarter 2: Two carries for zero yards

Quarter 3: Four carries for 14 yards (3.5 YPC)

Quarter 4: Eight carries for 14 yards (1.8 YPC)

On the season, he averages 4.4 yards per carry in the first half. It drops to 3.3 yards per carry in the second half.

He averages 4.2 yards per carry on the first 10 carries he gets in a game this season. On carries 11-20 in a game, the average per carry drops to 3.0.

The problem is he wears out by the end of the game.

Ellington missed practice today for the first time since week 3. After the week 4 bye, he was putting in limited practices on Wednesday both in week 5 and 6. Nothing to truly worry about right now but it's definitely worth keeping tabs on to see if he puts in a limited practice tomorrow.
dont know if i want any part of this backfield if ellington cant go. Grice has yet to be activated and stepfan is less than impressive...

dont know if i want any part of this backfield if ellington cant go. Grice has yet to be activated and stepfan is less than impressive...
Here we go again with people panicing because he missed a Wednesday practice. How many other players missed practice across the league today who will play? Murray missed practice, should we panic?

Dre is just going to have to break em loose on long runs/catches this season, because if the last drive was any indicator, 3 straight touches to a TD tells me Taylor owns the RZ work in Arians' mind.

Dre is just going to have to break em loose on long runs/catches this season, because if the last drive was any indicator, 3 straight touches to a TD tells me Taylor owns the RZ work in Arians' mind.
I don't know about that. Ellington's only rushing TD this year was from 5 yards.

I don't know about that. Ellington's only rushing TD this year was from 5 yards.
Yeah time will tell, but watching the first TD drive in that game it was clear who does what in the backfield. Unclear if that's the way it will continue, just have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread