What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

★☆★ NFL DRAFT Thread. ★☆★ (1 Viewer)

SF did need to replace Goldson, and with so many picks and stocked roster, many were expecting some SF moves up for few targeted players...

No trades because all the players right now are pretty equal.
Yeah, that's why I think it might've been smart for BUF to stay put.

Nobody's giving much to move up and with everyone evaluating the QBs so differently, there probably wasn't much of a way to be sure someone else wouldn't take Manuel.

They got what they thought was the best QB in the draft with the 16th pick.May as well just get him and get on with it.
Take Eifert and than move up with the extra picks to get Manuel. That is what they should have done

I should know better than to look over at Twitter. Even if you unfollow those who are spoiling picks, someone else retweets it.

Don't get the EJ hate at all. Love the pick, love his game. If that's the guy you've targeted as your QB going forward, don't risk trading down.

I like the picks, but why are the Jets focusing on defense?
because it wasn't good last yearDon't let silly yardage numbers and the rankings fool you. I watch all Jets games. The defense wasn't good last year after Revis went down. It was merely okay. I don't like the Milliner pick but like the Richardson selection.
Weird. I think the opposite. Milliner is a good pick, but Richardson is a bad fit and has high bust potential.
Why is Richardson a bad fit? The Jets want a Justin Smith type of player and Richardson has that potential. Milliner will be under intense pressure. He will be replacing the best Jets defender of all-time and a guy who was a huge fan favorite obviously. Todd replacing Namath might be taking it too far, but it is going to be tough for Milliner.

Somebody predict the Bears - 3 picks from now
Trade down with Atlanta for their first and additional third? Falcons take Eifert?
That would be a nasty move. I mean, do you just go ahead and run the 2-TE spread in 2013?
I dunno. If you still have Gonzo, I don't take Eifert. I saw a handful of ND games this year, and I really don't think he's in the same class as a lot of the top TEs to come into the league the past few years. If I'm Atl I'd address TE next year, or with a project player later in the draft.

Funny that if a team like Oakland or the Jets drafted Pugh, they'd get #### on. But Giants do it, and they have complete faith. Not that the Giants haven't earned it just an interesting dynamic.

BTW, I was thinking SF when I mentioned Patterson...

Rams coming up...

Safety projected need... elam and cyprien there (some scouts liked better than reid)...

maybe trade down again...

lacy would be bit of surprise here...

It would be awesome to add hopkins with Austin, but doubt that happens...

maybe blue chip LB like Ogletree?

When Milner was selected they showed tape of Eifert catching a ball over him for his highlight. Will the Eifert highlight be a dropped ball?

Posted this a few days ago in the Raiders thread:

Two separate NFL scouts say Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is overrated, with one going so far as to call Floyd a media creation.It's worth noting Floyd had only 4.5 sacks in three college seasons. He's been touted hard by Greg Cosell, Mike Mayock, and Daniel Jeremiah, among others. "Those idiots on TV made Floyd," said one scout. "He's not that good. He's not better than Ziggy Hood." Asked if the Warren Sapp comparisons are valid, another scout replied "No. There's none of that. (Sapp) was just was more gifted than Floyd. Floyd is a good effort player. He's got shorter arms than (Sheldon) Richardson, and I think it shows. He gets kind of Velcroed on blockers."

No trades because all the players right now are pretty equal.
Yeah, that's why I think it might've been smart for BUF to stay put. Nobody's giving much to move up and with everyone evaluating the QBs so differently, there probably wasn't much of a way to be sure someone else wouldn't take Manuel. They got what they thought was the best QB in the draft with the 16th pick.May as well just get him and get on with it.
Take Eifert and than move up with the extra picks to get Manuel. That is what they should have done
Bills have lots of holes. Coming away with 3 starters instead of 2 is too big of an advantage for the Bills to trade those picks. They can grab two starters at the LB, WR, S or CB positions. There's depth at all of those positions in the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread