Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigSteelThrill

★☆★ NFL DRAFT Thread. ★☆★

Congrats Vikings! You may be a front runner for the April Super Bowl. The real one... Not so much.

Hey Jealousy! :hey:
Jealous of the 4th best team in their division?
Which teams made the playoffs?

I'd say Green Bay is a lock. After that I would go with Detroit or Chicago.

Let me go check the vegas odds for this year...

Green Bay 12 - 1 (super bowl)

Chicago 25-1

Detriot 40-1

Minny 40-1

Congrats Vikings! You may be a front runner for the April Super Bowl. The real one... Not so much.

Well...if we are going to go on "last season" and who made the playoffs...why is GB jealous of the team they beat in the division...and beat in the playoffs again?

I'll be curous to see what players the Patriots get with the picks they got from the Vikings. interesting to see how those players compare with Patterson.

Ask the Browns how they feel about the players they got for Julio.

This overnight before rounds 2 & 3 are awesome. So much speculation.And 24 more hours to make fun of Geno and Manti. :popcorn:

Best idea they've had in years.

Chicago 25-1

Detriot 40-1

Minny 40-1

Oh come on. Detroit is terrible. They have no corners, no tackles, and a raw rookie starting at one DE spot and nothing at the other.

But hey, they've got a great WR.

Who were the guys that said Geno was a "lock" for top 5? Mortenson? Schefter?

McShay backed off in recent days but he also had Buff taking Nassib. Right idea, wrong guy.

Well...if we are going to go on "last season" and who made the playoffs...why is GB jealous of the team they beat in the division...and beat in the playoffs again?
Didnt say GB should be jealous. Just questioning the '4th best team' nonsense. They were 2nd last year.

Harvin who?

:goodposting:

Patterson gives the Vikings a dynamic returner again and a dangerous YAC WR as well. On top of Floyd who was considered a top 5 pick and the best corner back the Vikings have drafted since Carl Lee.

Limas Sweed anyone?

Don't even try...Mr. Roboto and Andy Dufrense. Anything, ANYTHING positive or exciting happens for the Purple (or the Bears, FWIW), and it's pretty-much "tool-time" out of anyone who cheers for the Green and Gold. As far as fans go, probably the worst winners there is (gloating and taking credit for titles that happened before most of them were even born). And just about some of the worst, sorest losers you'll ever come across. Packers fans are generally terrible. And that's BEFORE you add alcohol to the mix.

The draft is an event all it's own. The Vikings won tonight.

Come on guys. Just give it to us. It's all we've got.

:hifive:

The draft is an event all it's own. The Vikings won tonight.Come on guys. Just give it to us. It's all we've got.

Sad but ####in true.

:bye: Geno. Taking his ball and going home...

What'd he do/say?

Think it was Suzy Kolber that said she asked him for an interview and he said he no and was going home for round 2.

Chicago 25-1

Detriot 40-1

Minny 40-1

Oh come on. Detroit is terrible. They have no corners, no tackles, and a raw rookie starting at one DE spot and nothing at the other.

But hey, they've got a great WR.

So basically the same team as Minny if Minny had a great WR and NFL caliber QB???

I'll bet you on best record. Tiebreaker being head to head and then division record.

What'd he do/say?
Think it was Suzy Kolber that said she asked him for an interview and he said he no and was going home for round 2.
He blew off Suzy? Now I hate him.

I'll bet you on best record. Tiebreaker being head to head and then division record.

I'm not a betting man. But if I were, I'd bet the farm that the Vikes end up with a better record than the Lions this year.

What'd he do/say?
So you think he should just continue to wait around and be embarrassed? Who would do that?

Thats the thing. The Vikings won tonight. They used Three picks on great players and should be improved.

Thing is they could have won next year as well if they would have traded back with one of the picks and then use the extra picks to trade out to next year. They probably would have had almost as good of players in the process.

Thats the thing. The Vikings won tonight. They used Three picks on great players and should be improved.

Thing is they could have won next year as well if they would have traded back with one of the picks and then use the extra picks to trade out to next year. They probably would have had almost as good of players in the process.

Who was offering to trade back?

There is admittedly a hypothetical situation where they could have gotten better players with the picks they could have had than the ones they really made. But that's no different than any team.

Thoughts where Nassib falls to?

I'd like to see him go to a team that could afford him some time - Dallas, Detriot, Denver, Green Bay...somebody like that.

I don't understand how the board can say "why is Patterson falling and Hopkins going before him" on one hand and on the other say "Vikings could have gotten someone(s) better than Patterson later".

Once you start getting into the 4th round, the odds of the player ever making an impact are really diminished. There's a reason first round guys are first round guys.

I'm not a betting man. But if I were, I'd bet the farm that the Vikes end up with a better record than the Lions this year.

Well if you're a drinking man we could roll with a 6 pack of local brew...

Well if you're a drinking man we could roll with a 6 pack of local brew...

Yeah. I don't do that either. :nerd:

How about the stupid signature bet "Andy/BNB was right, the Vikings/Lions were the better team in 2013-2014"?

As a Packers fan, I think the Vikings did very well. They've had good to great Dts for about the past 25 years going back to Jon Randle and Henry Thomas.

I'd say Green Bay is a lock. After that I would go with Detroit or Chicago. Let me go check the vegas odds for this year... Green Bay 12 - 1 (super bowl) Chicago 25-1 Detriot 40-1 Minny 40-1
Oh come on. Detroit is terrible. They have no corners, no tackles, and a raw rookie starting at one DE spot and nothing at the other. But hey, they've got a great WR.
So basically the same team as Minny if Minny had a great WR and NFL caliber QB??? I'll bet you on best record. Tiebreaker being head to head and then division record.
Yes, if Minny had a better QB and the best WR in the league instead of just a top 10 WR. Oh and if Detroit had the best RB since Barry Sanders, a top 5 O-line, a top 5 D-line, and exciting young players in the receiving game and the secondary, they'd be the exact same team.

One last thing about the Vikings. They still have picks in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and two 7ths.

IF someone said they would have 7 picks overall, 3 in the first 25, everyone would be ecstatic.

One last thing about the Vikings. They still have picks in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and two 7ths.

Great, see you Saturday on the NFL Network :bye:

I thought Minny had a good draft overall. I do think they overpaid when they moved up to get Patterson. But there is a fair chance they got one or more guys who will end up playing above where they were drafted. It's very possible Patterson will be better than everyone taken with the picks they gave up for him... but I'd probably like the chances of a 2, 3 and 4 in this draft yielding one or more solid starters.

I thought Minny had a good draft overall. I do think they overpaid when they moved up to get Patterson. But there is a fair chance they got one or more guys who will end up playing above where they were drafted. It's very possible Patterson will be better than everyone taken with the picks they gave up for him... but I'd probably like the chances of a 2, 3 and 4 in this draft yielding one or more solid starters.

:goodposting: shocked they got back into the first. As a Packer fan I hated it. But definitely a solid draft for them.

I biased because I'm obviously a Viking fan but I really don't understand why the Patriots made that trade. I hear the draft is deep but is it that deep. We are talking about moving back to the 52nd pick in the draft. Are they going to get a player capable of cracking the lineup from that position?

Agreed. When they traded up at the end of the round, my Vikings-for-life bud said "Please not Te'o... we addressed D, we need a wideout." 30 minutes, err, seconds later, high fives all around. Four true need positions, and three of them addressed in the first round? Damn solid.

I biased because I'm obviously a Viking fan but I really don't understand why the Patriots made that trade. I hear the draft is deep but is it that deep. We are talking about moving back to the 52nd pick in the draft. Are they going to get a player capable of cracking the lineup from that position?

Personally I think their will be WRs better than Patterson left on the board. Whether or not NE ids that guy and selects him is another matter.

Many of these 1st round picks were kind of blah. Weak draft class IMO.

Yeah you're right I can't think of a any guys on the patriots that play that weren't first or second rounders!?!? <_<

Belichick has done little with the recent picks he's acquired. Not sure why most are gushing over this?!

Maybe if he held on to some of his higher picks, they win Super Bowls. We'll never know.

Teo the wiser of the two between him and Geno.

Vikings draft looks terrific to me on paper.

Cowboys? Jerry Jones doing his best Al Davis impersonation. Making his team worse through the draft.

Harvin who?

:goodposting:

Patterson gives the Vikings a dynamic returner again and a dangerous YAC WR as well. On top of Floyd who was considered a top 5 pick and the best corner back the Vikings have drafted since Carl Lee.

Limas Sweed anyone?

Are you saying Patterson has astigmatism?

Yeah you're right I can't think of a any guys on the patriots that play that weren't first or second rounders!?!? <_<

Belichick building the JV team through the draft!

Sure, there's a great chance they will get a starter. They didn't get much out of last year's draft in that range and beyond yet. But look at the 2 previous years.

Vereen 56

Ridley 73

Mallet 74

Gronk 42

Spikes 62

Hernandez 113

And as you said, many consider this a deeper draft than some, if weak at the top end. Most good teams find a number of good and above average starters in rounds 2-4.

I'd probably rather take my shot on the 3 players (plus the late pick) over just Patterson. But it may end up favoring the Vikings, we won't know for a few years.

Edit to add: We'll probably get a better feel when we see some team move up a pick in the 2nd how much they had to give to move up, on whether it was market value or not. Harder to equate it with trades for earlier picks. But I suspect the Patriots could package that 2nd and 4th and get a WR who has a good shot being as good as Patterson, and then have the 3rd to get a potential starter or role player with.

I guess you got me there. It could a win-win for both teams.

I'll be curous to see what players the Patriots get with the picks they got from the Vikings. interesting to see how those players compare with Patterson.

Patterson is definitely not in the same tier as Julio. I have no problem with the Pats trade, but I do agree that it's kind of funny that they're already getting lots of praise for the move despite the fact that those picks have not even be used yet. I'd reserve judgement until the picks have been made to see how they made out value-wise.

Round 2 looking full of talent and full of options for every team. The depth is showing already.

:thumbup:

With only 1 QB, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 0 RBs selected, day 2 will offer a lot for the Fantasy Football community to look forward to.

Patterson is definitely not in the same tier as Julio. I have no problem with the Pats trade, but I do agree that it's kind of funny that they're already getting lots of praise for the move despite the fact that those picks have not even be used yet. I'd reserve judgement until the picks have been made to see how they made out value-wise.

Which is weirder - Belichick getting praised for trading down before seeing what he does with the picks or Belichick getting criticized for trading down before seeing what he does with the picks?