What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Link to league website - http://www13.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/62101#0

Draft order has been set, draft starts on Monday. Commish password is fbgssl1

The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Monday. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above.

If you aren't going to be around to pick, you can pre-draft at MFL using the commissioner password. Just make sure you chose the correct franchise when doing so. When the pick is posted in MFL, one of the other league members can post it here. Be sure to check MFL before skipping someone. If you need to skip someone at MFL, assign them a player who won't be drafted and they (or anyone else) can change the pick using the commish function.

---But Bass, that makes no sense or is pointless---

1. This is a message board draft. One of the main points is to generate discussion.

2. Many here are blocked at work from MFL and wouldn't be able to participate.

3. I don't want to deal with the timer mess at MFL.

Someone should start a pick thread on Monday. It won't need to be updated except for keeping track of draft clock violations/time outs.

DON'T NOT EXPECT TO RECEIVE A PM INDICATING THAT YOU ARE UP. WHEN YOU'RE ON THE SITE, CHECK THE THREAD. YOU CAN ALSO HAVE MFL NOTIFY YOU IN YOUR FRANCHISE SETUP.

not sure if it's positive or negative mojo that I get to watch my Chiefs make the first pick tonight and then I get to tee this mofo up first Monday morning....

they probably won't screw the first pick up but I probably will........ :headbang:

not sure if it's positive or negative mojo that I get to watch my Chiefs make the first pick tonight and then I get to tee this mofo up first Monday morning.... they probably won't screw the first pick up but I probably will........ :headbang:
Don't underestimate. Both you and the Chiefs will screw it up, but I would say the Chiefs are more likely to do so. :lol:

I can't see putting in a predraft list when everyone has the commish password, jus sayin... lol...
I can't see any one doing that in this group. We didn't even use LeagueSafe for the winnings...
Feel free, I'm just saying I think everyone should be aware. I nor most that I know of don't send our lists especially in the early rounds to those who are drafting before us, maybe in the later rounds sure.

1.01 Stinkin Ref Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

1.02 Sinrman Foster, Arian HOU RB

1.03 Joffer Richardson, Trent CLE RB

1.04 Rzrback77 Martin, Doug TBB RB

1.05 Sweet Love Johnson, Calvin DET WR

1.06 Norsemen Rice, Ray BAL RB

1.07 Nugget Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Pimpin must have had a late night on the left coast. Wake up, let's get this thing moving!
Did someone even let him know he was up?

I see this every year with Round 1 if guys aren't around and know they are up and in addition this year they have to know about MFL

I will send him a note

pm sent to Jwood.

1.01 1. Stinkin Ref Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 1.02 2. Sinrman Foster, Arian HOU RB 1.03 3. Joffer Richardson, Trent CLE RB 1.04 4. Rzrback77 Martin, Doug TBB RB 1.05 5. Sweet Love Johnson, Calvin DET WR 1.06 6. Norsemen Rice, Ray BAL RB 1.07 7. Nugget Graham, Jimmy NOS TE 1.08 8. Pimpin'AintEasy Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 1.09 9. RC94 Spiller, C.J. BUF RB 1.10 10. Bicycle Seat Sniffer McCoy, LeSean PHI RB 1.11 11. HellToupee Green, A.J. CIN WR 1.12 12. Steel Dillo Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 1.13 13. Team Legacy Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB 1.14 14. Sigmund Bloom Morris, Alfred WAS RB 1.15 15. AhrnCityPahnder Brees, Drew NOS QB

Last edited by a moderator:
pm sent to Jwood.

1.01 1. Stinkin Ref Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 1.02 2. Sinrman Foster, Arian HOU RB 1.03 3. Joffer Richardson, Trent CLE RB 1.04 4. Rzrback77 Martin, Doug TBB RB 1.05 5. Sweet Love Johnson, Calvin DET WR 1.06 6. Norsemen Rice, Ray BAL RB 1.07 7. Nugget Graham, Jimmy NOS TE 1.08 8. Pimpin'AintEasy Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 1.09 9. RC94 Spiller, C.J. BUF RB 1.10 10. Bicycle Seat Sniffer McCoy, LeSean PHI RB 1.11 11. HellToupee Green, A.J. CIN WR 1.12 12. Steel Dillo Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 1.13 13. Team Legacy Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB 1.14 14. Sigmund Bloom Morris, Alfred WAS RB 1.15 15. AhrnCityPahnder Brees, Drew NOS QB
I have the 16 pick in SSL2, thanks now I can check all these guys off as likely gone. I'm not saying any of these are good or bad but it is amazing how the stats from the previous year dictate all these early picks.

RBs went hot and heavy and, at the turn, I found my choice of Witten to be a lot easier than I expected. He had a monster year in 2012 in spite of the preseason surgery and -- what really sealed the deal -- is that both Gronk and Hernandez are major question marks. Both stand a very good chance of missing early season time or at the very least being less than 100%. Marshall was simply a BPA as I saw it, I felt grabbing him in this format made more sense than a second tier running back.

RBs went hot and heavy and, at the turn, I found my choice of Witten to be a lot easier than I expected. He had a monster year in 2012 in spite of the preseason surgery and -- what really sealed the deal -- is that both Gronk and Hernandez are major question marks. Both stand a very good chance of missing early season time or at the very least being less than 100%. Marshall was simply a BPA as I saw it, I felt grabbing him in this format made more sense than a second tier running back.
Ten Running Backs in the first 14 picks was remarkable indeed.

1.16 Witten by Wood

2.01 Marshall by Wood

2.02 A. Johnson WR by ACP

this is my pick if someone cares to log into MFL and make it for me, I wont be able to get in until lunch time.

2.07 - Tom Brady - QB - NE

anybody know how to get a hold of PAE...there are some pre drafts lined up after him and we could cover some ground....MOP?

2.8 Gonzalez TE

2.9 C. Johnson RB - I was hoping to nab him again

2.10 D. Murray RB

2.11 Hernandez TE - my second choice

2.12 S. Jackson RB

2.13 D. McFadden reaching for the razorback

Users who are viewing this thread