What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeGarrette Blount signs with NE (1 Viewer)

if I had to pull a guess out of my ###, I think it's more about unloading demps than prying blount away from the bucs.

we'll see if he makes final cuts

Best running back on the team. Wow Bellichick is the fkn man
Not so sure if he's better than Ridley or if you just forgot about him but I definitely like this deal for the Pats, he can play the Bolden role more effectively IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
if I had to pull a guess out of my ###, I think it's more about unloading demps than prying blount away from the bucs.we'll see if he makes final cuts
They could have cut Demps to achieve the same effect and saved the 7th round pick.
well, that's true, but then they don't get blount.it's basically like trading a 7th for blount, which they felt was ok, and they have the 7th to burn.like I posted above, they need to fill the camp roster somehow, whether it's drafting a rb with the 7th, or using it to get blount.edit: btw, I'm not assuming he's a dead man walking in ne, just that he's basically being traded for an audition -- not a job.

if I had to pull a guess out of my ###, I think it's more about unloading demps than prying blount away from the bucs.we'll see if he makes final cuts
They could have cut Demps to achieve the same effect and saved the 7th round pick.
well, that's true, but then they don't get blount.it's basically like trading a 7th for blount, which they felt was ok, and they have the 7th to burn.like I posted above, they need to fill the camp roster somehow, whether it's drafting a rb with the 7th, or using it to get blount.edit: btw, I'm not assuming he's a dead man walking in ne, just that he's basically being traded for an audition -- not a job.
You're probably right. 7th round picks are usually just audition players too for teams with deep rosters and Blount has shown that he's capable of producing at the NFL level so I like this trade.

Belichick is probably thinking ahead to December and the playoffs. Nobody WANTS to tackle Blount in cold weather. Ask the Packers.

before the trade they basically had ridley, vereen, bolden, and washington on the roster at that position, and washington may be more of a returner.

that's a little thin.

supposedly demps didn't want to commit to football 100%, so they moved on to washington, and beefed up a body with blount, now that woody is gone.

they'll probably sign some udfa rb, too.

Not even the third best...
I'm a Bolden fan, but Blount is better and therefore the 2nd best RB on the team.
How was Bolden the 2nd best? Lol wtf are you guys doing during the season.I suspect Blount will be the change of pace to Ridley and that Vereen will be taking on Woodheads role full time.I believe Blount has the talent just no discipline or intelligence whatsoever - both of which are requirements for the NE system, whatever talent he has is wasted. Bolden has showed he can play for Ridley or Vereen.

I'm a Bolden fan, but Blount is better and therefore the 2nd best RB on the team.
How was Bolden the 2nd best? Lol wtf are you guys doing during the season.I suspect Blount will be the change of pace to Ridley and that Vereen will be taking on Woodheads role full time.
Agreed with this. Assuming that Blount makes the team.

Just another move that shows the Pats play to the strengths of their personel. I know Blount isnt exactly the most surehanded guy, but couldnt you envision a scenario where Ridley gets it between the 20s, Vereen catches the ball out of the backfield/changes pace for Ridley (woodhead+), and Blount knocks'em in from short yardage (BGE)?

blount may not make the team.

pats didnt have a ton invested in demps and with the deal-breaking difference in how each approaches the gm(demps not coming to offseasn stuff and instead focusing on track), pats seem to have had enough.

nothing to see here at all.

How was Bolden the 2nd best? Lol wtf are you guys doing during the season.I suspect Blount will be the change of pace to Ridley and that Vereen will be taking on Woodheads role full time.I believe Blount has the talent just no discipline or intelligence whatsoever - both of which are requirements for the NE system, whatever talent he has is wasted. Bolden has showed he can play for Ridley or Vereen.
Bolden was 2nd best because Woodhead is gone, Washington is mostly a returner, Demps is a track star, and Vereen is criminally overrated.

I think Blount has a lot of talent and has shown the ability to rush the ball very well; his discipline/knucklehead factor isn't what it was when he first arrived in the NFL -- he has stayed out of trouble and didn't complain at all last year. He does still need to improve his pass protection, from all accounts.

Blount isn't very good in short yardage. He can be a decent wrecking ball if the offensive line opens big enough holes to get him past the first level. That's about his only strength.

Meh. The Pats do run the ball often - I think they were 2nd in the league in attempts last season but Blount is a guy who can do nothing in the passing game. If he steps onto the field everyone in the stadium should know what's coming... a rush.

Meh. The Pats do run the ball often - I think they were 2nd in the league in attempts last season but Blount is a guy who can do nothing in the passing game. If he steps onto the field everyone in the stadium should know what's coming... a rush.
His hands are not as bad as everyone thinks. He was never used in the passing game anyway. He's a nimble 245+. I think he has some life now that he's away from Schiano. And he went to a team that is known for getting the most from castaways/head cases

Bolden was 2nd best because Woodhead is gone, Washington is mostly a returner, Demps is a track star, and Vereen is criminally overrated.

I think Blount has a lot of talent and has shown the ability to rush the ball very well; his discipline/knucklehead factor isn't what it was when he first arrived in the NFL -- he has stayed out of trouble and didn't complain at all last year. He does still need to improve his pass protection, from all accounts.
Overrated or not, Vereen is just as good as Ridley if not better. Blount hasn't done a thing in two years, and what he can do doesn't help the pats outside of a handful of very rare situations they find themselves in (and they won't be looking at Blount in those situations either way).

Overrated or not, Vereen is just as good as Ridley if not better. Blount hasn't done a thing in two years, and what he can do doesn't help the pats outside of a handful of very rare situations they find themselves in (and they won't be looking at Blount in those situations either way).
yeah - what's vereen done in the last 2 years?

I'd change my name to kool-aid ridley if there was a way to do that.

:lmao:

Everyone forgets what a highly touted player Blount was in college. He was the most sought after Juco player in the country when he transferred to Oregon. He was on the list (A big list) as a Heisman hopeful going into his Sr year........ then this happened.

Oregon got embarrassed by Boise on opening night on the Blue turf and some cracker hass cracker ran his mouth to Blount after the game and Blount knocked his hass out. Blount was suspended for a majority of the year and went undrafted as a result.

We have seen big bursts out of him before and he has strung together a bunch of good to great games for Tampa. It turns out he aint a nice guy. But picking him up for next to nothing I think is a very shrewd move by the Patriots. I don't think he will unseat Ridley, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he has the chance that he puts up huge numbers.

Talib, Dennard and now Blount. What are the Pats tying to do? Corner the market on sucker punch artists?

Everyone forgets what a highly touted player Blount was in college. He was the most sought after Juco player in the country when he transferred to Oregon. He was on the list (A big list) as a Heisman hopeful going into his Sr year........ then this happened.

This has to be the greatest post I've ever read lmaoooooThat punch was so clean

He's terrible.He has no idea how to pass protect. If he plays on passing downs he may get Brady killed.
To be fair, he was a rookie when he fumbled and sucked at pass blocking so he may have improved in those areas. I would want him on my roster if I owned Ridley.
I've watched every game he's played. Usually twice ( :bag: ) -- he's just as terrible as he's ever been.

When he played, he played well and excelled at his role. Just liked Bolden - just like Ridley. Can you trust Blount to do anything? At the end of the day your talent means absolutely nothing if you can't be relied on.

Users who are viewing this thread