What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's up with Da'rick Rogers (1 Viewer)

hotboyz

Footballguy
What is going in with this kid, is he being black balled or what? I kno he's had some off the field issues but if the honey badger can be drafted why not this kid???? When he was at Tennessee he was better than Patterson and Hunter!!! What am I missing

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same thing. Of the teams left in the 7th, I'd like to see him go to a strong team like the Falcons or Ravens... maybe give him some time to mature.

I was thinking the same thing. Of the teams left in the 7th, I'd like to see him go to a strong team like the Falcons or Ravens... maybe give him some time to mature.
Or the Colts with the last pick. Reggie is getting old and they have no big WRs.

So understandably he carried a risk. That risk was mitigated several rounds ago but he went undrafted. From that I conclude he was removed from possibly every teams draft board.

This leads to an interesting question. If a team removes you from it's a draft board it means they don't want you anywhere at any cost. They simply view anything you can offer as not worth your negatives. So if that presumption is accurate, will he have a hard time landing a UDFA contract?

So understandably he carried a risk. That risk was mitigated several rounds ago but he went undrafted. From that I conclude he was removed from possibly every teams draft board.

This leads to an interesting question. If a team removes you from it's a draft board it means they don't want you anywhere at any cost. They simply view anything you can offer as not worth your negatives. So if that presumption is accurate, will he have a hard time landing a UDFA contract?
I think his personality must be on a Titus Young level to go undrafted so it wouldn't surprise me if no one signed him. With his talent it seems like someone should take a chance but it might not be worth the locker room trouble.

Rogers went at 1.10 in our recent rookie draft...ouch! Also, so glad I took Bray last year as my devy pick in a start 2QB league :^ /

TENN coaches must have absolutely trashed Rogers.
It is in a college coach's best interest to be honest with the nfl guys. Aside from the potential to move to the nfl, they want to build rapport so their word is taken seriously when a good player is available. They told teams that asked that despite their best efforts, they could not get Rogers to quit smoking weed. And they told teams that despite their best efforts, bray was uninterested in being coached and preferred to wing it every game. Rogers has first round talent. Bray has the best arm in the class. Bray not being drafted is like a legit 7' player from the big east not getting drafted.

He is too good night to get a legit shot to try out with a team. This seemed to be a clear message being sent. He is going to have to prove himself to the NFL and work his way up from the absolute bottom.

It is in a college coach's best interest to be honest with the nfl guys.
I'm not sure I agree with this. If word gets out that you badmouthed a player, it could hurt in recruiting.
Honesty is not the same as bad mouthing.For example, Michael Rivera was drafted because the coaches told teams he was punctual, hard working, and would do whatever is asked (special teams, practice squad) to help the team. He doesn't have nfl caliber raw talent, but he can provide excellent depth for a team that has none like Oakland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would not have expected that Alan Bonner would be selected while Rogers would go without being drafted.

Nice spot for him. If he gets his #### together that offense is shaping up really well.
I was prepared to draft Woods, this throws a wrinkle into that plan.
This should not effect how you value woods
I think it does. I think Rogers is a superior WR that is the play maker that is needed on the opposite side of Stevie. It would not surprise me to see Rogers as the week 1 starter.

There must be some really heavy stuff in his character profile for him to go undrafted,

It's a really bad omen for his pro potential that nobody would even risk a 7th round pick on him.

Again, certain eyewitnesses claim this guy stomped a police officer into critical condition in an after-bar melee. Not just your typical weed problem.

Same thing happened with Blount a few years back. Nobody would spend a 7th on him but then they fight over him in free agency.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22153423/nfl-draft-bills-sign-wr-rogers

NFL Draft: Bills sign WR RogersBy Jeff Reynolds | NFLDraftScout.com

Da'Rick Rogers was the 12th-ranked wide receiver and No. 95 player in the draft. That based on his talent and potential, according to NFLDraftScout.com.

But 254 picks, the entire expanse of the 2013 draft, were made without Rogers being selected. It was a kick in the chin for Rogers, 21, who is still paying for missteps that raised character red flags.

In August, Rogers was the 47th-ranked prospect potentially available for the '13 draft. He plummeted when Tennessee kicked him out of the program before the start of the season for repeated failed drug tests. Rogers was forthright at the Scouting Combine about marijuana use and the Knoxville bar fight that led to his arrest. His one year, 10 touchdowns and even the 303-yard game at Southeast Missouri spent at Tennessee Tech had little value for NFL scouts.

The Buffalo Bills offer a potential perfect situation for Rogers to rehab his reputation and earn a second contract in the NFL before his 24th birthday.

The franchise has a history of resurrecting overlooked, or bypassed, talent. No. 1 receiver Stevie Johnson was a seventh-round pick and starting running back Fred Jackson went undrafted. Until March, Ryan Fitzpatrick (seventh round, 2005) was Buffalo's starting quarterback.

Rogers can find redemption with the Bills, but first he has to prove he's ready to act the part of a professional. At 6-3, 217 with 4.5 speed and a 39-inch vertical, he looks the part. Will he act the part, too?

Behind Johnson, the Bills have 2013 second-round pick Robert Woods, 2012 third-round pick T.J. Graham, 2013 third-round pick Marquise Goodwin and veteran Brad Smith. Rogers, a possible sixth receiver, can stick on the roster with a strong camp. First-year coach Doug Marrone would be glad to make the numbers work if he shows the same ability evident in a 67-catch sophomore season at Tennessee.

Curious to see where he goes in rookie drafts, good opportunity with the Bills, but going un-drafted has to hurt his value in dynasty drafts.

Again, certain eyewitnesses claim this guy stomped a police officer into critical condition in an after-bar melee. Not just your typical weed problem.
Here's his statement.

He was never charged with assault and charges for resisting arrest were dropped.
I understand that, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I don't know if he did. No idea. But I do know that some people claimed he did. And I know some people have claimed he has "serious mental health issues." And now I know that no NFL team thought he was worth even a seventh-round pick.

Here's his statement.

He was never charged with assault and charges for resisting arrest were dropped.
I understand that, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I don't know if he did. No idea. But I do know that some people claimed he did. And I know some people have claimed he has "serious mental health issues." And now I know that no NFL team thought he was worth even a seventh-round pick.
It wouldn't surprise me if he did it, but none of those witnesses testified.

As for the bolded, I believe it. So did Marshall though so who knows.

This is Vontaze Burfict all over again. Now, can he actually get his act together like Burfict did?

Nice spot for him. If he gets his #### together that offense is shaping up really well.
I was prepared to draft Woods, this throws a wrinkle into that plan.
This should not effect how you value woods
I think it does. I think Rogers is a superior WR that is the play maker that is needed on the opposite side of Stevie. It would not surprise me to see Rogers as the week 1 starter.
What are the odds he removes his head from his ###? Ten percent? If it were higher he would have been drafted. Early. Good bet he does nothing.

Obviously being a Bills fan I hope the kid gets his act together. After listening to that interview I really think he has a good shot. Seemed pretty honest that he wanted to prove he's matured and is a different person. Stevie, Woods, Goodwin & Rogers combined with Spiller, Manuel & Gragg. This offense could be very dangerous for years to come.

Where would people rank him with the drafted WRs. Above Patton and Stills?
No. I'd bet even money he never makes the actor roster.
I'll bet he makes the squad. he appears to know his fate if he doesn't, unlike that Titus Young idiot
>Woods will get the first shot to be opposite of Stevie.
I'll bet he passes up Woods.
After reading the rookie camp notes, it seems as though Woods is exactly as advertised. The guy was running crisp routes and played very well. Rogers didn't get much of a mention other than dropping some passes. It seems that Woods, Goodwin and Kaufman were the talk of Rookie Mini Camp and Rogers didn't show anything to indicate he will beat out Woods.

Yeah, I'd take him in maybe the 5th or 6th round of a rookie draft, that's about it. Or in a smaller roster league where you can throw him back for another lottery ticket if he doesn't work out. I put his chances of hitting at around 5%. He isn't going to beat out Woods but he might make the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread