What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 3 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Link to league website - http://www18.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/63945#0

Draft order has been set, draft starts on Friday (or after SSL2 clears round 1). Commish password is fbgssl3 . Don't e-mail me for a franchise password, log in as the commish and then select your own.

The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Friday unless we start earlier. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above.

If you aren't going to be around to pick, you can pre-draft at MFL using the commissioner password. Just make sure you chose the correct franchise when doing so. When the pick is posted in MFL, one of the other league members can post it here. Be sure to check MFL before skipping someone. If you need to skip someone at MFL, assign them a player who won't be drafted and they (or anyone else) can change the pick using the commish function.

---But Bass, that makes no sense or is pointless---

1. This is a message board draft. One of the main points is to generate discussion.

2. Many here are blocked at work from MFL and wouldn't be able to participate.

3. I don't want to deal with the timer mess at MFL.

Someone should start a pick thread on Monday. It won't need to be updated except for keeping track of draft clock violations/time outs.

DON'T NOT EXPECT TO RECEIVE A PM INDICATING THAT YOU ARE UP. WHEN YOU'RE ON THE SITE, CHECK THE THREAD. YOU CAN ALSO HAVE MFL NOTIFY YOU IN YOUR FRANCHISE SETUP.

Draft Order

1.01 1. Aaron Rudnicki Waiting On Aaron Rudnicki For The Next Pick
1.02 2. Mastershake
1.03 3. FFNinja
1.04 4. Pictus Cat
1.05 5. Go Blue
1.06 6. Valence
1.07 7. Duckboy
1.08 8. Reaper
1.09 9. Commuterman
1.10 10. Gandalas
1.11 11. Redzone
1.12 12. Snellman
1.13 13. FUBAR
1.14 14. BassNBrew
1.15 15. Rudy
1.16 16. Jackal King

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no computer access from around 9:00am until around 5:00pm EST Monday-Friday. This should not be a problem as I'm a big believer in pre-drafting.

I think we are free for take-off.....

All 16 in SSL2 are present - MOP yet to pick but, alive.

I don't even see a draft thread for SSL2 and the one for SSL1 has just one post.

:confused:

It seems ADP is the consensus #1 pick in most drafts. I don't disagree, but does anyone see shades of Steven Jackson here? Talking real life and not fantasy football. Minnesota really needs to take pressure of the guy, otherwise we are looking at 8 in the box most plays. I really feel for the uber-talented RBs that end up on teams that have no supporting cast. I still get sad (no tears, just wish better for the guy) every time I see Barry Sanders. Larry Fitzgerald suffers similarly too, I would venture to say.

ADP is tier 1++, and performs even in the setting he plays, much like Calvin Johnson. I just wonder at what point it will affect him health wise (again) or morally. What player of that caliber doesn't want to play on a championship team? I respect the man and the player, and wish he had a chance to play in the Super Bowl.

Probably just getting emotional old man syndrome at this point, at such a tender young age too, LOL

1.06 Jamaal Charles RB KCC

Only competition so far is rookie Kniles Davis who in my opinion is not very good. Charles seems like a lock for top 5 production.

Everything really seems to be lining up for Charles to have a career year. It might actually be a plus if Albert doesn't get traded to give some line depth. I would have readily taken him past 1.04. This is likely to be the value pick of the round.

I predrafted my 1.11 pick (2 choices), so if someone could pm snellman after, much appreciated. Pending Gandalas pick, and I am off to sleep.

I had CJ Spiller and AJ Green as my pre-drafts, I think you picked the player to get at that spot, though if Spiller stays healthy all season, I am more than happy to get him here.

Sometimes, 1-6, especially 4-6 is worse because your round two selection gets thinned so much between picks. Lot of uncertainty at the RB spot this year, so I went with a great PPR back.

Green is solid and stays healthy. A bit better running game this year, perhaps some WR2/3 on the Bengals to take some of the doubles off him, and no character problems. You won't regret picking him.

Code:
Franchise	        Avg. Wait Time	ShadowMaster	        2 hours, 16 minutes	renesauz	        44 minutesAD11	                46 minutesAtomic Punk	        25 minutesHitNRun	                1 hour, 20 minutesNugget	                7 minutescommuterman	        9 minutesBane	                40 minutesBamac	                32 minutesAndy D	                1 hour, 20 minutesSigmund Bloom	        36 minutesRudy	                2 hours, 36 minutesFF Ninja	        2 minutes	wdcrob	                1 hour, 11 minutes	Mr. Irrelevant	        1 hour, 4 minutesLongballlarry	        46 minutes

Shadowmaster times out at 5:17. I posted in the league 4 thread that the first available to make a pick in this thread can have his spot and I'll move him to league 4. It's a major pain to change the draft order in mfl. If that doesn't happen in a couple of hours their are two alternatives than can be pm'd.

<p>I'll jump in.  Pick in a few.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Chris Johnson, RB - improved OLine should help him regain top form.</p>

Shadowmaster times out at 5:17. I posted in the league 4 thread that the first available to make a pick in this thread can have his spot and I'll move him to league 4. It's a major pain to change the draft order in mfl. If that doesn't happen in a couple of hours their are two alternatives than can be pm'd.
Sorry peeps - we took a big project live to production today and I couldn't check in.

I'll play from league 4

Sorry to see you fall Shadowmaster, enjoy playing against you. Hope the project went well, and good luck in SSL4.

Gandalas and I both pre-drafted, so if someone will let Commuterman know when he is up, I am off to sleep.

I like Rudy's picks for a two rounder so far. Forte seems to still have the lock on the spot in Chi, and the offense should be more productive. Bryant seems to have finally matured, or is being better monitored. I like to think he has matured.

Brees has lots of weapons, but last year took a lot away from my confidence to put round one on his shoulders. Gronk, have to love him as a player, but three breaks to an arm, I wonder about atrophy of the muscles, nerve damage, and what is up with the drinking? Didn't realize he partied that hard.

Julio and Rodgers is safe and solid. I am looking forward to seeing Jones mature as a player. Be interesting to see if Rodgers throws as many passes, missing Driver and Jennings, and the actual running game in Green Bay now.

Not so sure Morris has the whole season to himself in Washington, and Johnson was so disappointing last year. Was he not properly motivated? Tenn offense seems less prone to give him opportunities, loss of Cook, Britt's issues, I see him getting faced with eight a lot again.

I have picked some safe pairing with CJ, be interested to see what tandem I end up with.

I like Rudy's picks for a two rounder so far. Forte seems to still have the lock on the spot in Chi, and the offense should be more productive. Bryant seems to have finally matured, or is being better monitored. I like to think he has matured.

Brees has lots of weapons, but last year took a lot away from my confidence to put round one on his shoulders. Gronk, have to love him as a player, but three breaks to an arm, I wonder about atrophy of the muscles, nerve damage, and what is up with the drinking? Didn't realize he partied that hard.

Julio and Rodgers is safe and solid. I am looking forward to seeing Jones mature as a player. Be interesting to see if Rodgers throws as many passes, missing Driver and Jennings, and the actual running game in Green Bay now.

Not so sure Morris has the whole season to himself in Washington, and Johnson was so disappointing last year. Was he not properly motivated? Tenn offense seems less prone to give him opportunities, loss of Cook, Britt's issues, I see him getting faced with eight a lot again.

I have picked some safe pairing with CJ, be interested to see what tandem I end up with.
Unfortunately getting stuck in roughly the same position for all of these drafts has gun shy from drafting the same so-so guys over and over.

Forte - With Bush in town, he has a low ceiling.

Morris - I'm not trusting Shanny. Morris had a great year last year but did nothing on the ppr front. Morris just doesn't pass the eye test as the next ADP, SJax, MJD.

Jones - That was a direction I should have gone. I may regret passing on him but I I knew selecting him would mean Brees would be gone.

Brees - His coach will be back. Brees has shown himself to be a stat whore. I don't think last year means much.

Morris - I'm not trusting Shanny. Morris had a great year last year but did nothing on the ppr front. Morris just doesn't pass the eye test as the next ADP, SJax, MJD.
Understand not trusting Shanny and I wouldn't have taken him in the top 15 picks, but Morris played well enough to take the risk here. Came really close to taking a WR, so we'll see how this plays out.

With CJ - I don't expect a 2,000 yard season, but I expect him to reemerge this year. Cook's loss has minimal effect and I see the passing game actually improving somewhat. More importantly, he has better blockers throughout the line and TE. I'll probably be looking to acquire him a lot this season.

Sorry guys, I never got a pm that I was on the clock.

2.5 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

2.06 22. Redzone Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

Will send PM to Gandalas

I guess I disagree with the low ceiling for Forte with Bush in Chicago. Last year, when Bush had the opportunity, he had one or two phenomenal games based upon TD production, but many mediocre games until he was injured. He was sparingly used and not much of a target in the passing game. Forte was used primarily to keep Forte fresh as far as I saw. I remember one game where he scored two TDs from short runs that it seemed that Forte had moved the ball into position those drives.

My hope is actually that Marshall is the Bear to have, with the upgraded offensive line. I think Cutler is driven to prove he is in the same tier as Ryan and Flacco (not that I necessarily agree).

That should be a safe assumption FUBAR, hope everyone will take five minutes to set up their own password and enter their email/text to be notified of updates in the league.

Pre-drafts two or three spots out are simple as well. I know you might miss a run doing that, but if you watch and pre-draft just a spot or two out, it should be a non-issue.

Sorry guys, I never got a pm that I was on the clock. 2.5 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB 2.06 22. Redzone Marshall, Brandon CHI WR Will send PM to Gandalas
Sorry, assumed everyone set up mfl.

Sorry guys, I never got a pm that I was on the clock. 2.5 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB 2.06 22. Redzone Marshall, Brandon CHI WR Will send PM to Gandalas
Sorry, assumed everyone set up mfl.
Sorry guys, I never got a pm that I was on the clock.

2.5 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

2.06 22. Redzone Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

Will send PM to Gandalas
set it up on MFL to text you or at least email when you are up.
:bag: was wondering why I was not getting e-mails from mfl. Forgot to put my e-mail address in.

David Wilson picked.

May regret taking him so early, but I love his speed, and he should get plenty of opportunity as the #1 guy in NY this year.

2.09 Tom Brady...

Nice... I think it's been rare to get Brady at this spot..... .either way, I have a top QB or I just put a huge Jinx on #### Face Brady.

I'll take the later.

Users who are viewing this thread