What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 3 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

QB - Brees, Newton, Ryan

RB - Ballard, Ivory

WR - Jones, D. Moore

TE - Gronk

Caught several breaks over the last four picks and might be able to salvage this mess. While not the greatest RBs, hopefully I've secured two starters and can take some shots at some flyers down the road. Really happy about Jones who will produce WR1 quality weeks. I can cover the non-scorable weeks via depth. D. Moore is criminally undervalued IMO and will breakout this year with Flynn at the helm. I'm very comfortable with him as a WR2.

It will be interesting to see if Peyton's increase in production can support 3 WRs. I wonder if I could have gotten Decker at 6.13 instead of 4.13. How late will and should he be going?
I don't think you see that big of an increase in production.

I doubt you could have gotten Decker in the 6th. Too many varying opinions on him. There will be enough people high on him and liking that situation that he will go early.

If you toss all the Broncos (outside of manning) into one heap, they are being overdrafted on the whole. One or two owners might hit, but most will be disappointed

Eli Manning

Josh Freeman

Adrian Peterson

Darren McFadden

Larry Fitzgerald

Marques Colston

Owen Daniels

:thumbup:
Barring injury, you're a favorite to be a finalist. McFadden and Fitz will have to bust for you not to run away with this. As good as those picks were, the Colston and Manning picks may have been better.

Three WR and Tamme. I think Decker would have been there in the sixth, though not sure about that late in the sixth. The MFL ADP rankings is kind of bunching us up on some picks.

It will be interesting to see if Peyton's increase in production can support 3 WRs. I wonder if I could have gotten Decker at 6.13 instead of 4.13. How late will and should he be going?

8.5 Ponder, Christian MIN QB

Pretty much the only one that is guaranteed to start of what is left. I have gotten on the wrong side of the backup QB run in all of these leagues this year so we will see how it works out.

Sorry for the delay. I started at a new position today and had limited computer access, Everything should be back to the norm tomorrow on so it shouldn't be an issue.

At the turn and my team is taking shape...

QB Luck and Vick

RB McCoy, Ridley and RWilliams

WR Britt, DJax, Jennings and DThomas

Hoping that Luck continues to progress as a QB in the league in his 2nd season while Vick has a chance to be a big producer in Chip Kelly's high powered offense. Likewise McCoy will also experience an increase in production in Philly. Ridley should be more comfortable in the Patriot offense and without NE bringing in any real threat of stealing carries from him, I see good things there.

I like my WRs and all should perform well and may out-perform their draft position based on where I picked them up in this draft. I really see Britt as turning a corner in his behavior as he plays this season for his next contract. DThomas has a year and another off-season to get on the same page with Manning so that will help. Hopefully Jennings can be a big producer in Minnesota. Really the only thing I see that could hold back any of my WRs here are the questions surrounding the QBs with each of their respective teams.

QB Luck and Vick

Hoping that Luck continues to progress as a QB in the league in his 2nd season while Vick has a chance to be a big producer in Chip Kelly's high powered offense. Likewise McCoy will also experience an increase in production in Philly. Ridley should be more comfortable in the Patriot offense and without NE bringing in any real threat of stealing carries from him, I see good things there.

I like my WRs and all should perform well and may out-perform their draft position based on where I picked them up in this draft. I really see Britt as turning a corner in his behavior as he plays this season for his next contract. DThomas has a year and another off-season to get on the same page with Manning so that will help. Hopefully Jennings can be a big producer in Minnesota. Really the only thing I see that could hold back any of my WRs here are the questions surrounding the QBs with each of their respective teams.
loaded

QB Luck and Vick

loaded
Really like the QBs and RBs. Assuming things pan out for Vick, it will be hard to find a better duo aside from Bass.

I'm not all that sold on your WRs outside of Thomas. They could be great, but I'm not buying Britt right now; Jennings is an interesting study on moving to a far lesser QB; and while DJax could be great, only time will tell if Chip's offense works.

You could be in the running if things break right, but hopefully we can knock you off in week 12. :boxing:

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Ryan TannehillRB: Chris Johnson, Bernard PierceRB: Alfred MorrisWR: Jeremy MaclinWR: Cecil ShortsWR: Danario Alexander

TE: Tony Gonzalez, Dwayne Allen

Big fan of my QBs, TEs, and RBs. Obviously my WRs are the weak link, just didn't like the value most rounds.

Just added Hopkins and Holmes. My WR core is now James Jones, D. Moore, Hopkins, and Holmes.

Hopkins was a coin flip pick. Jeffery, Boldin, Floyd were also considerations. Ultimately felt like Houston is a good situation. I'm pretty sure one or two of the others will score more this year, but I didn't know which one. I think I just talked myself out of that pick.

Jumped up and took Holmes ahead of his ADP. I couldn't risk him getting selected before it got back to me. He's the clear #1 for the Jets and scores TDs. I might regret this once Geno starts playing, but Sanchez will lean on him. How often do you get a team's WR1 in the 10th round who has a good shot at 8 TDs?

I have to say, I like GoBlue's comments with his picks, hope he will add to this thread.

Couple observations, this league has a lot of parity. There are some really solid rosters, some with gaps (thus far), but no ridiculous loser team. The first week or two of regular season can be a monkey wrench if some high draft picks are PUP or held back (e.g. Gronkowski, RGIII). Of course, they are high risk, high reward players.

I am a bit put off by the MFL site, compared to prior years of drafting in these threads. Of course, it is much quicker and pre-draft is excellent. However, it is dummying it down, with the ADP pretty much calling the shots in retrospect. I try to think of my needs, but some players are getting taken higher than I would think, and some are elevated due to last year's situation which may not be repeated.

I was thinking Alex Smith in the 8th, (got scared into the QB situation early, Flacco is set for a solid season so no harm), and he was way down the list. I think he went 8th? Some players won't play up to their MFL ADP and went early. Not sure where I am going with this, but the prior year drafts really got me thinking about others' strategy or highlighted players I hadn't considered.

GoBlue picked Deangelo and that was value, and he got someone else of value after that. Don't remember his team, but he got a couple real good ones late.

My team is doing fine, a bit weak in WR, but if Baldwin can mature this year and Smith will outplay Quinn and oh, the NE backup that started last season, he should put up WR3 numbers most weeks. I am hoping Mark Ingram exceeds his prior years with Ivory out, and the declared emphasis on running more in NO. Almost picked up FJax as a handcuff to Spiller, but not sure how he is going to come back at his age from his injury. Might be fine.

Still some value out there, but slim pickings with all the RBBC and such. Blackmon worries me a bit, and those first four weeks are hard to get past. Shorts should really be a performer those weeks.

Hard to say who the favorite is right now, have to look at bye coverage, etc.

BnB has rebounded nicely, thought he shot himself in the foot at first.

Just added Hopkins and Holmes. My WR core is now James Jones, D. Moore, Hopkins, and Holmes.

Hopkins was a coin flip pick. Jeffery, Boldin, Floyd were also considerations. Ultimately felt like Houston is a good situation. I'm pretty sure one or two of the others will score more this year, but I didn't know which one. I think I just talked myself out of that pick.

Jumped up and took Holmes ahead of his ADP. I couldn't risk him getting selected before it got back to me. He's the clear #1 for the Jets and scores TDs. I might regret this once Geno starts playing, but Sanchez will lean on him. How often do you get a team's WR1 in the 10th round who has a good shot at 8 TDs?
dude has a pretty bad foot injury and even said recently if he had to play this week he couldn't...etc...have to see how that plays out

name recognition only carries you so far....there is a reason he was available in the 10th.....and he'd produce more as WR3 somewhere else....being labled a WR1 doesn't automatically give you fantasy points.....Holmes ain't exactly the poster child of somebody I would be "jumping" to get....

When that WR plays for the Jets, has Sanchez as his QB and hasn't had a good season since 2009

6.11 Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT 5

8.11 Matt Flynn QB OAK 7

1.06 Jamaal Charles RB KCC 10

2.11 Demarco Murray RB DAL 11

9.06 Mikel LeShoure RB DET 9

10.11 Zac Stacy RB STL 11

3.06 Victor Cruz WR NYG 9

4.11 Jordy Nelson WR GBP 4

5.06 Danny Amendola WR NEP 10

11.06 Vincent Brown WR SDC 8

7.06 Martellus Bennett TE CHI 8

Last edited by a moderator:
Master Shake timed out and is now on a 4 hr clock. I sent a pm to Ruds notifying him that he is up.
Seems like it's a 2 Hour clock now.... Will PM
Seems like a 1 Hour Clock now..... Will Pm Rud
Hey Mastershake,

I know you've used it, but the pre-draft feature should become a very good friend over the rest of the draft. Studs are long gone. Load up 20 guys you like and don't worry about the 1 hour clock.

I loved the Hopkins pick BNB. I know he hasn't played against an NFL corner yet, but he had no problems gaining separation in college. With Andre across from him and every defense he faces worried about the running game, he'll never see a double team even after he starts to produce. I expect him to lead your WR core. With Randall Cobb and GB becoming more balanced, I expect Jones numbers to go down this year. We all know Rodgers loves to sling the rock, but if you can't run the football you don't win football games. Exactly why New Orleans has said they are emphasizing the run this year. By the way. Hopkins is my #1 rookie WR in dynasty formats. Kids gonna be a stud.

You may be the first person, I've heard of that is excited over drafting Holmes. Although your comments did give me a chuckle. You type; how can he be here in the 10th, right after you typed; I took him before his ADP. Pretty much just answered your own question right there. The reasons are obvious.

The more I thought about the multiple stud QB strat, the more I liked it. I have no idea if it's viable to win it all, but it could carry you a few weeks. QB's are head and shoulders above the other positions in terms of scoring. Since we are only trying to stay off the bottom each week, if your QB gives you 40+ per week that is a huge advantage. You just gave yourself 3 shots at that when the rest of us having only 1. I know that you have as many shots as you do QB's, but we all know that most QB's are not going to hit that 40 number.

Master Shake timed out and is now on a 4 hr clock. I sent a pm to Ruds notifying him that he is up.
I just drafted for Master, so Ruds didn't have to skip the pick. Plus I like giving him Tebow. :)

Brady, Tom NEP QB - 10

Richardson, Trent CLE RB - 10

Sproles, Darren NOS RB - 7

Franklin, Johnathan GBP RB - 4

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR - 9

Gordon, Josh CLE WR - 10

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR - 8

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 4

Cook, Jared STL TE - 11

Keller, Dustin MIA TE - 6

hmmm... Well, since the Draft, I've moved Brady down a little based on the uncertainty in his weapons. I planned on going 1 stud QB until late... It's still Brady though so, while it might not be record setting numbers I should be solid.

Love my top two RB combo T-Rich and Sproles... Regretted not taking a 3rd RB in round 9 after which My short list of Rb's all got snagged - Took a long shot on Franklin who I'm not overly excited about.

Hope Keller turns out to be a good pick - Had a down / injured year last year but, not an injury history and should be a nice target in that offense... In retrospect I take B Pierce, Tate or Jaq Rodgers at that spot and then one of the TEs left at 10.09.

Keller/ Cook should be a decent TE combo overall

I think I have a decent start at WR with 4 guys who could all put up good numbers and lots of WR's still on the board to fillout the backup spots..

dude has a pretty bad foot injury and even said recently if he had to play this week he couldn't...etc...have to see how that plays out

name recognition only carries you so far....there is a reason he was available in the 10th.....and he'd produce more as WR3 somewhere else....being labled a WR1 doesn't automatically give you fantasy points.....Holmes ain't exactly the poster child of somebody I would be "jumping" to get....
Bummer - The news I saw all looked good.

The fbg staff doing projections thus far seem to like him too.

I have to say, I like GoBlue's comments with his picks, hope he will add to this thread.

Couple observations, this league has a lot of parity. There are some really solid rosters, some with gaps (thus far), but no ridiculous loser team. The first week or two of regular season can be a monkey wrench if some high draft picks are PUP or held back (e.g. Gronkowski, RGIII). Of course, they are high risk, high reward players.

I am a bit put off by the MFL site, compared to prior years of drafting in these threads. Of course, it is much quicker and pre-draft is excellent. However, it is dummying it down, with the ADP pretty much calling the shots in retrospect. I try to think of my needs, but some players are getting taken higher than I would think, and some are elevated due to last year's situation which may not be repeated.

I was thinking Alex Smith in the 8th, (got scared into the QB situation early, Flacco is set for a solid season so no harm), and he was way down the list. I think he went 8th? Some players won't play up to their MFL ADP and went early. Not sure where I am going with this, but the prior year drafts really got me thinking about others' strategy or highlighted players I hadn't considered.

GoBlue picked Deangelo and that was value, and he got someone else of value after that. Don't remember his team, but he got a couple real good ones late.

My team is doing fine, a bit weak in WR, but if Baldwin can mature this year and Smith will outplay Quinn and oh, the NE backup that started last season, he should put up WR3 numbers most weeks. I am hoping Mark Ingram exceeds his prior years with Ivory out, and the declared emphasis on running more in NO. Almost picked up FJax as a handcuff to Spiller, but not sure how he is going to come back at his age from his injury. Might be fine.

Still some value out there, but slim pickings with all the RBBC and such. Blackmon worries me a bit, and those first four weeks are hard to get past. Shorts should really be a performer those weeks.

Hard to say who the favorite is right now, have to look at bye coverage, etc.

BnB has rebounded nicely, thought he shot himself in the foot at first.
Agreed about adp availability influencing the draft. Guys that were after thoughts in the wsls are now going in the mid rounds.

Franklin went in the 7th in another draft. Very risky pick. I know you had to pull the trigger because of adp and how soon he's gone elsewhere, but you still overpaid by just a bit.
Yeah... As aI said, Not happy with that pick - I did pay less than both of the other drafts but still......

Hopefully I won't really need him much and he comes on later in the season...

FUBAR, on 10 May 2013 - 15:53, said:

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Aaron Rudnicki, on 10 May 2013 - 10:00, said:Stud TE Squad!Gresham
Time will tell, but I don't know if Gresham is even the #2 TE by mid-season.
Bengals are deep at the position, but I'm willing to wager Gresham holds those guys off for this year. In any event, I have depth at the position now so it wouldn't be devastating.Not sure why Myers fell so far here. I think he has SOD potential.

Myers could play well, NYG has always liked its TE, but not to the TE1 level with consistency. However, if Wilson fails to perform as well as Bradshaw did, the short pass might be the red zone play of choice. I haven't looked at NYG backfield closely, is Wilson any good between the tackles on short yardage? Is there a Jacobs type brahma bull running back on their roster?

Myers became fantasy relevant in Oakland, can only imagine that he will do better in NYG. He is big and a good blocker if I recall, so O-line health will affect him if a starter gets hurt.

Not SOD, but will be a high scorer in your cadre from time to time. I was considering grabbing him.

FUBAR, on 10 May 2013 - 15:53, said:

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Aaron Rudnicki, on 10 May 2013 - 10:00, said:Stud TE Squad!Gresham
Time will tell, but I don't know if Gresham is even the #2 TE by mid-season.
Bengals are deep at the position, but I'm willing to wager Gresham holds those guys off for this year. In any event, I have depth at the position now so it wouldn't be devastating.Not sure why Myers fell so far here. I think he has SOD potential.
I had him as my first predraft for 11.06

FUBAR said:
:kicksrock: was hoping Greene would fall to me in the 15th.
Yeah, I HAD to take him to strengthen my weak RB corps...although I may regret not starting the PK run rather than getting a guy from the middle of the pack.

QB: Andy Dalton (6.07)

QB: Blaine Gabbert (9.10)

RB: David Wilson (2.07)

RB: Eddie Lacy (4.07)

RB: Bryce Brown (7.10)

RB: Shonn Greene (14.07)

WR: AJ Green (1.10)

WR: Randall Cobb (3.10)

WR: Justin Blackmon (8.07)

WR: Corradelle Patterson (10.07)

TE: Kyle Rudolph (5.10)

TE: Coby Fleener (12.07)

TE: Marcedes Lewis (13.10)

PK: Sebastian Janikowski (15.10)

DEF: Baltimore Ravens (11.10)

Need to close out with a decent 2nd PK and DEF, and pick up a long-shot at WR. Still not really liking my team drafting from the 10-spot, but could be worse, I guess.

FUBAR said:
:kicksrock: was hoping Greene would fall to me in the 15th.
I wouldn't sweat it. That fluff piece in Joe's daily e-mail was ridiculous. LenDale White's best season came when that team was good. They had a really good defense and they moved the ball on offense. Those days are over. Fisher is on the Rams now.

6.13 Jay Cutler CHI

7.04 Sam Bradford STL

Both teams should be passing a lot.

1.04 Ray Rice BAL

2.13 Steven Jackson ATL

13.04 Daniel Thomas MIA

14.13 Mike Tolbert CAR

Two really good RBs and two with some weekly production and some upside.

4.13 Eric Decker DEN

5.04 Torrey Smith BAL

8.13 Emmanuel Sanders PIT

9.04 Sidney Rice SEA

10.13 Brian Hartline MIA

12.13 Rueben Randle NYG

I like Decker to do at least where he was drafted. The rest should have some good weeks. Need some good timing.

3.04 Aarron Hernandez NE

I don't always sluff TE2, but when I do, I prefer a good TE1. Stay healthy, my friend.

15.04 Matt Prater DEN

16.13 Mike Nugent CIN

11.04 Denver Broncos DST

17.04 Carolina Panthers DST

QB & WR should have #s every week. Riding on my RBs and TE and hoping for no injuries to them. Should have my hat in the ring. Two picks to go.

I might be biased, but every time I look at a team in the 3-6 range, they look strong. Those drafting in the 11-16 range have a tougher time with tiers. that seems to hold true through all 3 mock drafts.

FWIW - Carolina and Detroit were two awesome late defenses. Both will have strong pass rushes. Was hoping one would fall to me.

6.13 Jay Cutler CHI

7.04 Sam Bradford STL

1.04 Ray Rice BAL

2.13 Steven Jackson ATL

13.04 Daniel Thomas MIA

14.13 Mike Tolbert CAR

4.13 Eric Decker DEN

5.04 Torrey Smith BAL

9.04 Sidney Rice SEA

10.13 Brian Hartline MIA

12.13 Rueben Randle NYG

I like Decker to do at least where he was drafted. The rest should have some good weeks. Need some good timing.

3.04 Aarron Hernandez NE

I don't always sluff TE2, but when I do, I prefer a good TE1. Stay healthy, my friend.

15.04 Matt Prater DEN

16.13 Mike Nugent CIN

11.04 Denver Broncos DST

QB & WR should have #s every week. Riding on my RBs and TE and hoping for no injuries to them. Should have my hat in the ring. Two picks to go.
I seen what you did there when talking about your TE situation. lol :lol: The first thing that came to mind was the Dos Equis Beer commercials.

6.13 Jay Cutler CHI

7.04 Sam Bradford STL

1.04 Ray Rice BAL

2.13 Steven Jackson ATL

13.04 Daniel Thomas MIA

14.13 Mike Tolbert CAR

4.13 Eric Decker DEN

5.04 Torrey Smith BAL

9.04 Sidney Rice SEA

10.13 Brian Hartline MIA

12.13 Rueben Randle NYG

3.04 Aarron Hernandez NE

15.04 Matt Prater DEN

16.13 Mike Nugent CIN

11.04 Denver Broncos DST

I seen what you did there when talking about your TE situation. lol :lol: The first thing that came to mind was the Dos Equis Beer commercials.
That was a good line.

QB - Brees 7, Newton 4, Ryan 6

RB - Ballard 8, Ivory 10, P. Thomas 7, Bush 8

WR - Ja Jones 4, D Moore 7, Hopkins 8, Holmes 10, Hill 10, Broyles 9

TE - Gronk 10, Tamme 9

K - Suisham 5

D - Philly 12, NO 7

QB - Best QB stable in the league, best in the history of these leagues, best in the history of the world. Likely doomed myself to ssl4 next year by starting off with 3 QBs in the first 4 rounds. I knew selecting Brees was a mistake. Should have taken Julio in the first. Couldn't pass on Newton in late 3rd. When Rudy and Jackal let Ryan slide by I said screw it. Grade - A+

RB - I know it's iffy, but I'm hoping I have two startes in Ballard and Ivory. Really need Thomas to get some carries and think he has huge upside. Bush was about the only RB left late and Forte tends to miss time. Really wanted Reece and Pierce on this roster. As bad as my my RBs are, I think they may not be the worst. Grade - F+

WR - Counting on Jones keeping up with the WR1 Jones on the top end weeks with TDs. Moore is under rated this year and a decent WR2. Hopkins should post some weekly points. Holmes/Hill should get me a decent chunk of the NYJ passing attack. Yeah it might suck, but there's 10 TDs here. Hoping Broyles makes the leap this year. I don't have the top end talent many teams do, but I have more scoreable options that most teams. I think the depth puts me in the middle of the pack at WR. Grade - C-

TE - Assuming Gronk is healthy, I've got to have one of the top 2-3 duos in the league. Grade - A-

K - Only one who hopefully has a safe job. Snellman still doesn't have one so I avoid the F-. Grade - F

D - Philly and NO. I have two and defense is always a crap shoot. Grade - D

I'm actually liking this team a lot more than I thought I would after round 4. That said, things would have to go perfectly at RB for me to have a shot at winning. Most likely I'll be one of the first 4 eliminated on my first down week. An average week for me will be 30 @ QB, 20 @ RB, 35 @ WR, 20 @ TE, 6 @ K, and 9 @ D for a total of 120. That total will squeak you by until about half the teams are gone.

I usually approach the draft trying to get safe picks early and upside later. I don't think I did that well this time.

QB: Kaepernick, Tannehill

- Usually I prefer a safer pick with an upside pick combo, but both of these guys are upside picks with some risk. Although Kaep seems to be a relatively safe bet to be a top 8 QB. I like that Miami is giving Tannehill improved receivers, they seem to be moving towards an offense emphasizing Tannehill's strengths. This doesn't come close to Bass's trio but it should be a top 5 combo. A-

RB: CJ3, AMorris, LJames, BPierce

- I think CJ won't be quite as up and down this year with a better line and should stay in the top 10 or even higher. I like Morris, although there's always risk there, his coach knows he's the man. James should be involved consistently though not the lead dog, might be a good part of the 49ers Cerebus. If Rice goes down, Pierce will be a stud. A

WR: Shorts, Maclin, DX, Streater, Dobson, J Wright

- Every time has a weakness, this is mine. I feel like I'm missing someone, like a #1 guy... Maclin is a safe WR2, Shorts should be huge to start the year and I like him to be successful, but after Blackmon returns he's probably a WR2 type. DX is the consumate risk/reward big play guy, likely my #1 many weeks but with down weeks. I can't remember why I took Dobson except that I didn't like the other options and he has a great QB throwing to him. He should have some huge plays but probably a lot of 2/60/1 type games (hope so anyway). Streater and Wright seemed to catch on a bit towards the end of their rookie years, hope they can improve. I think Wright can be big if Patterson proves raw. Overall, much more risk here than I usually like. C-

TE: Gonzo, Allen

- With Gonzo back, I just hope he can approach last year's success. I like D Allen a lot, seems to be a complete player who will be on the field most plays. He doesn't have the upside of Fleener or many others taken later, but he'll be solid. B

PK: Henery, Gano

- They kick and I think they'll have jobs. C

DEF: Packers, Vikings

- Both should finish somewhere in the 9-16 range, wouldn't want either by itself but together they will be solid. B

Overall, I like my chances as much as anyone's. QB and RB are the core, TE should be good, but in the end, if my WRs all have bad games in the same week I'll be screwed. This wouldn't be hard to imagine as the only guy I feel remotely confident about each week is Maclin and he's not a game changer.

"Safety net": Kapernick, Gonzo, Maclin, Allen

Risk: Tannehill, Morris, Pierce, Shorts, DX, Dobson

IMO, everyone else falls in between or is just a flyer. This is not the grouping I usually like.

QB1 - RGIII

QB2 - Joe Flacco

RB1 - CJ Spiller

RB2 - M Ingram

RB3 - B Tate

RB4 - D Woodhead

WR1 - B Marshall

WR2 - P Garcon

WR3 - J Baldwin

WR4 - M Sanu

WR5 - J Ford

TE1 - V Davis

TE2 - F Davis

TE3 - S Chandler

D1 - Steelers

D2 - Dolphins

K1 - M Crosby

K2 - C Sturgis

I am actually pretty happy with this team, even from the 11 spot, LOL. QB is solid, if RGIII returns and is not hampered by his knee, he should score well. Flacco has proven himself to be determined and functions well as a QB2. Loss of Bolden needs to be addressed, but I see more 2 TE formations in Balt. I do not see any problems, even if RGIII takes a couple weeks to get into football shape. Strong running game, Garcon will hopefully be 100%, and F Davis also healthy. Didn't mean to get so many Redskins, but I see an offensive powerhouse in the making there.

CJ Spiller is unquestionably the man in Buffalo, and plays monster games in PPR. Staying healthy given his running style is always an issue. I did not handcuff F Jackson because I wasn't convinced at his age that he could return to the level he had shown in the last couple seasons. Ingram has a lot of positive news regarding health, playcalling, and Ivory moving on. I see him being very valuable as an RB2. Tate will likely relieve Foster more this year and if there is an injury (never hope for that), he will be carrying the rock in Houston. Woodhead will be backing up Mattews in SD, and should get a few passes and 40 - 60 yards rushing every game. Perfect for a RB4.

WR1, Marshall, optimistic that this year he will reach career numbers. Garcon, dependent on his foot, but he was explosive when healthy last year. Baldwin, hoping he has matured and that Smith elevates QB play. He won't face any double teams, so maybe ok as a WR3. Sanu and Ford were both very productive before injuries and returning to likely be WR2 in their respective offenses. Baldwin may only rarely count towards my weekly if these two rise to prior performance.

TE - I would put mine up against any other tandem. V Davis suffered a bit when Kaepernick came on the field, but that seemed to change towards the end of the season. No way the niners ignore him in playcalling. F Davis should play well, and I think RGIII will be a bit more cautious, perhaps relying on this TE more this year. Chandler had some big games because of his red zone play.

K and D, no bye conflict and Crosby should get lots of opportunity. Hoping Sturgis get the job in Miami.

I would give this team a solid B.

Luck, Andrew IND QB - 8

Vick, Michael PHI QB - 12

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB - 12

Michael, Christine SEA RB - 12

Redman, Isaac PIT RB - 5

Ridley, Stevan NEP RB - 10

Williams, Ryan ARI RB - 9

Britt, Kenny TEN WR - 8

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR - 12

Jennings, Greg MIN WR - 5

Robinson, Denard JAC WR - 9

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR - 9

Dickson, Ed BAL TE - 8

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE - 12

Bailey, Dan DAL PK - 11

Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 8

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def - 11

Patriots, New England NEP Def - 10

QB - Luck will be solid and if Vick gets the job in Philly this becomes an excellent combination as both teams will put up lots of points. Grade A- if Vick is the starter... C- if someone else is starting for the Eagles

RB - McCoy and Ridley should perform up to their draft position or better. The Eagles will have a wide open offense under Kelly so McCoy will see a lot of opportunities - it will just depend on what he does with those touches. For Ridley, the NE passing game is in a flux with Welker gone, Gronk unknown of when he will be back and the other receivers are not household names at the moment, so Ridley should see a lot of touches as well and I think he is set for a breakout type season. I like the later picks of Christine and Redman! For Christine he will spell Lynch and Turbin and may eventually over take Turbin of as the #2 RB in Seattle. Redman will backup the rookie Bell in Pittsburgh so I still think that Redman will continue to get his opportunities if the rookie slowsdown during the season or faulters out of the gate. Even Williams will get the chance to start in Arizona if he can beat out the older and recently injured Mendenhall. Grade B+

WR - Thomas, DJax, Jennings, Britt and Robinson. A very solid wide receiver core. The Thomas and Manning combo should be even better in year two. Again I'm excited about the Chip Kelly offense in Philly and what it can do so DJax has a chance to put up big numbers. Jennings and Britt are solid weekly contributors and with Britt playing for his next contract I expect him to be on his best behavior. Robinson is a wildcard - he can do a lot in the Jacksonville offense and given the weapons they have or lack there of, I think he can be productive getting lined-up all over the field. Grade A-

TE - The Ravens will be playing a lot of two TE sets this season given the lack of quality WRs. Pitta will garner much of the attention leaving Dickson with 1-on-1 coverage with a LBer... I think Dickson will have a solid year and easily outperform his draft position. Eifert has the chance to develop into one of the top TE in the league but will need to earn that opportunity. Grade C+

K - Bailey and Gould will be solid weekly performers in offenses that will move the ball and create opportunities each week for points from the kicking game. Grade B+

Def - Cowboys and Patriots are teams that should be playing from the lead most of the season and when a team plays with the lead the defenses on those teams have a greater opportunity to force turnovers and put pressure on the other team's offense. Grade B+

Overall I think this team has a chance to compete well into the later weeks of the season and with the right breaks this roster can challenge for the final knockout round and come away with the championship.

Luck, Andrew IND QB - 8Vick, Michael PHI QB - 12McCoy, LeSean PHI RB - 12Michael, Christine SEA RB - 12Redman, Isaac PIT RB - 5Ridley, Stevan NEP RB - 10Williams, Ryan ARI RB - 9Britt, Kenny TEN WR - 8Jackson, DeSean PHI WR - 12Jennings, Greg MIN WR - 5Robinson, Denard JAC WR - 9Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR - 9Dickson, Ed BAL TE - 8Eifert, Tyler CIN TE - 12Bailey, Dan DAL PK - 11Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 8Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def - 11Patriots, New England NEP Def - 10QB - Luck will be solid and if Vick gets the job in Philly this becomes an excellent combination as both teams will put up lots of points. Grade A- if Vick is the starter... C- if someone else is starting for the EaglesRB - McCoy and Ridley should perform up to their draft position or better. The Eagles will have a wide open offense under Kelly so McCoy will see a lot of opportunities - it will just depend on what he does with those touches. For Ridley, the NE passing game is in a flux with Welker gone, Gronk unknown of when he will be back and the other receivers are not household names at the moment, so Ridley should see a lot of touches as well and I think he is set for a breakout type season. I like the later picks of Christine and Redman! For Christine he will spell Lynch and Turbin and may eventually over take Turbin of as the #2 RB in Seattle. Redman will backup the rookie Bell in Pittsburgh so I still think that Redman will continue to get his opportunities if the rookie slowsdown during the season or faulters out of the gate. Even Williams will get the chance to start in Arizona if he can beat out the older and recently injured Mendenhall. Grade B+WR - Thomas, DJax, Jennings, Britt and Robinson. A very solid wide receiver core. The Thomas and Manning combo should be even better in year two. Again I'm excited about the Chip Kelly offense in Philly and what it can do so DJax has a chance to put up big numbers. Jennings and Britt are solid weekly contributors and with Britt playing for his next contract I expect him to be on his best behavior. Robinson is a wildcard - he can do a lot in the Jacksonville offense and given the weapons they have or lack there of, I think he can be productive getting lined-up all over the field. Grade A-TE - The Ravens will be playing a lot of two TE sets this season given the lack of quality WRs. Pitta will garner much of the attention leaving Dickson with 1-on-1 coverage with a LBer... I think Dickson will have a solid year and easily outperform his draft position. Eifert has the chance to develop into one of the top TE in the league but will need to earn that opportunity. Grade C+K - Bailey and Gould will be solid weekly performers in offenses that will move the ball and create opportunities each week for points from the kicking game. Grade B+Def - Cowboys and Patriots are teams that should be playing from the lead most of the season and when a team plays with the lead the defenses on those teams have a greater opportunity to force turnovers and put pressure on the other team's offense. Grade B+Overall I think this team has a chance to compete well into the later weeks of the season and with the right breaks this roster can challenge for the final knockout round and come away with the championship.
QB - Mid-tier QB1, above average QB1. Grade B-

RB - Above average at RB1-3. Grade B+

WR - Only have five, maybe even four with Robinson. Average at WR1-2, above average at WR3-4. Grade C+

TE - Clearly the worst in the league. Grade F-

K/D - Solid Grade B

While your team is constructed to last longer than mine, I don't see any chance at a title. You'll be giving up too many points at TE and WR to hang with the top teams late.

I usually approach the draft trying to get safe picks early and upside later. I don't think I did that well this time.

QB: Kaepernick, Tannehill

- Usually I prefer a safer pick with an upside pick combo, but both of these guys are upside picks with some risk. Although Kaep seems to be a relatively safe bet to be a top 8 QB. I like that Miami is giving Tannehill improved receivers, they seem to be moving towards an offense emphasizing Tannehill's strengths. This doesn't come close to Bass's trio but it should be a top 5 combo. A-

RB: CJ3, AMorris, LJames, BPierce

- I think CJ won't be quite as up and down this year with a better line and should stay in the top 10 or even higher. I like Morris, although there's always risk there, his coach knows he's the man. James should be involved consistently though not the lead dog, might be a good part of the 49ers Cerebus. If Rice goes down, Pierce will be a stud. A

WR: Shorts, Maclin, DX, Streater, Dobson, J Wright

- Every time has a weakness, this is mine. I feel like I'm missing someone, like a #1 guy... Maclin is a safe WR2, Shorts should be huge to start the year and I like him to be successful, but after Blackmon returns he's probably a WR2 type. DX is the consumate risk/reward big play guy, likely my #1 many weeks but with down weeks. I can't remember why I took Dobson except that I didn't like the other options and he has a great QB throwing to him. He should have some huge plays but probably a lot of 2/60/1 type games (hope so anyway). Streater and Wright seemed to catch on a bit towards the end of their rookie years, hope they can improve. I think Wright can be big if Patterson proves raw. Overall, much more risk here than I usually like. C-

TE: Gonzo, Allen

- With Gonzo back, I just hope he can approach last year's success. I like D Allen a lot, seems to be a complete player who will be on the field most plays. He doesn't have the upside of Fleener or many others taken later, but he'll be solid. B

PK: Henery, Gano

- They kick and I think they'll have jobs. C

DEF: Packers, Vikings

- Both should finish somewhere in the 9-16 range, wouldn't want either by itself but together they will be solid. B

Overall, I like my chances as much as anyone's. QB and RB are the core, TE should be good, but in the end, if my WRs all have bad games in the same week I'll be screwed. This wouldn't be hard to imagine as the only guy I feel remotely confident about each week is Maclin and he's not a game changer.

"Safety net": Kapernick, Gonzo, Maclin, Allen

Risk: Tannehill, Morris, Pierce, Shorts, DX, Dobson

IMO, everyone else falls in between or is just a flyer. This is not the grouping I usually like.
Pretty fair self-evaluation. I thought you might be a little high with a couple of the grades but after reviewing the rosters, you're pretty spot on. There are a lot of flawed rosters in this league. Most of us over drafted in some some positions leaving holes elsewhere. You probably have the most complete team.

6.11 Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT 5

8.11 Matt Flynn QB OAK 7

An obvious weakness, but Big Ben has top 10 upside every week. I'm hoping that Matt Flynn gets a real shot this time and doesn't lose the job to Tyler Wilson or Terrelle Pryor. I like Fynn's game and think he can be a fine QB2 with some upside if that line can keep him upright. I thought about taking Wilson as insurance but If Pryor somehow got in ahead of him it would be a wasted pick. C+

1.06 Jamaal Charles RB KCC 10

2.11 Demarco Murray RB DAL 11

9.06 Mikel LeShoure RB DET 9

10.11 Zac Stacy RB STL 11

Only 4 but I Like this group quite a bit. Charles is a top 4 pick imo so I was happy to see him here at 6. With no competition for touches outside of rookie Knile Davis who has a fumbling problem, Charles could easily end up as RB1. Murray needs to stay healthy. When he has stayed on the field he has produced. He also has little competition for touches. I think LeShoure is being a bit underdrafted. I see Bush being used closer to how he was in New Orleans than he will be to how miami used him. This opens up the redzone and goaline work for LeShoure. Bell is still there and at times looked better than LeShoure did last season. That is certainly a concern. I don't like Pead at all and I don't think Richardson is a 3 down back so enter Zac Stacy. Waldman says he reminds him of Travis Henry and I can definitely see that comparison. I think Stacy gets close to 50% of the carries this season. B+

3.06 Victor Cruz WR NYG 9

4.11 Jordy Nelson WR GBP 4

5.06 Danny Amendola WR NEP 10

11.06 Vincent Brown WR SDC 8

14.11 Nate Burleson WR DET 9

16.11 Joseph Morgan WR NOS 7

18.11 Marquise Goodwin WR BUF 12

I love my top 3. There is some risk there with Cruz not being signed yet. I have to think that gets done since there hasn't been any real interest with his 1st round tender. Nelson played hurt a lot of last season. With Jennings gone he becomes the true WR1 in Green Bay. Cobb may have more receptions in 2013 but I'm betting at the end of the season they have comparable fantasy numbers. Amendola should thrive in New England. He does some things better than Welker does like lining up outside. We probably don't see 120 catches but 90+ is in the conversation. He had 85 with Bradford in 2010. Health is obviously an issue. I was hoping Keenan Allen was available at 11.06 but I like Brown too. There are suddenly a lot of targets in San Diego, but I think Brown carves out a role for himself. Burleson has the inside track to line up across from Megatron at least until Broyles can return. Morgan and Goodwin are both deepball threats that are great in this format. They can point for you on one play in any given week. A-

7.06 Martellus Bennett TE CHI 8

12.11 Brent Celek TE PHI 12

Not a strength, but for waiting as long as I did, I think I am ok here. I really like Bennett in Chicago. He seems motivated and is playing with his buddy BMarsh. He will be the 2nd or 3rd option in the passing game depending on how Jefferys develops. I know they drafted Ertz and signed Casey, but I think Celek still has a role. I wanted to take Delanie Walker but he shares a bye with Bennett. Considered Housler as well, but I'm not sold on the Housler = Myers theory. Palmer didn't have Fitzgerald in Oakland. C

15.06 Garrett Hartley PK NOS 7

I prefer taking just 1 kicker in the 18 rounders. I got a good one in Hartley who plays in a dome on a high scoring team that doesn't have too late of a bye week. B-

17.06 Kansas City DST 10
13.06 Arizona DST 9

two underrated defenses. B

Strong team that should be around until the end but there might not be enough juice at QB and TE to finish 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread