What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 4 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

2.04 20. Bronx Bomber Morris, Alfred WAS RB Sun May 5 8:46:33 p.m. ET 2013

2.05 21. Solorca Brady, Tom NEP QB Sun May 5 10:08:16 p.m. ET 2013

2.06 22. Bro1ncos Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR Sun May 5 10:08:17 p.m. ET 2013 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Pm off to Phenix at 541am

Correction: Phenix can't receive PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the hold up guys I thought I read something about this not starting until today (Monday). I'll sit this one out and take a crack next go around.

2.07 Phenix - Bryant, Dez DAL WR 7:37:08 a.m.

2.08 Kardplayer - Forte, Matt CHI RB 7:37:09 a.m.

2.09 Old Milwaukee - Murray, DeMarco DAL RB 7:37:09 a.m.

2.10 Atomic Punk - Harvin, Percy SEA WR 7:37:09 a.m.

2.11 Crippler - Johnson, Andre HOU WR 7:37:09 a.m.

2.14 P. Manning QB DEN

2.15 M. Jones-Drew RB JAX

2.16 D. McFadden RB OAK

3.01 L. Fitzgerald WR ARI

3.02 M. Ryan QB ATL (and boy was I :rant: that Shadow sniped Manning away from me at 2.14)

PM back to ShadowMaster.

3.03 Shadowmaster White, Roddy ATL WR

3.04 By The Sea Wannabe Sproles, Darren NOS RB

3.05 Teamramrod Luck, Andrew IND QB

3.06 Crippler Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

3.07 Atomic Punk Jackson, Steven ATL RB

3.08 Old Milwaukee Wilson, David NYG RB

3.09 Kardplayer Welker, Wes DEN WR

RB18 and pick 47 overall......

I am a Wilson owner in a keeper league, why are you high on him? should i keep or drop........

:popcorn:

peace

Pick 3.15:
Gamma1210 selected Newton, Cam CAR QB

Pick 3.16:
Blue selected Gore, Frank SFO RB

Pick 4.01:
Blue selected Cruz, Victor NYG WR

Waiting on Gamma1210 for the next pick.

steal
Disagree - overrated every year since 2006
on a dog of a team he still put up over 1000 rushing yards every year and over 1400 total yards (excpet once) while catching over 40 passes almost every year (twice 38)...in that stretch had a 1600 and a 1700 total yard seasons....

on St. Loius....

trying to think of a better landing spot for him this year and having a hard time doing so....you can't stack the box against White/Jones/Gonzo.....and Jackson can catch...he will be in at the goaline...

the "disagree overrated since 2006" means didly squat right now....if you choose to judge/value/project him this year based on what he has done since 2006....go for it....

as RB17 at 3.07 in this draft I think he represents serious value....

what kind of numbers do you see him producing....I think there is potential for a serious uptick....especially in TD's....

steal
Disagree - overrated every year since 2006
on a dog of a team he still put up over 1000 rushing yards every year and over 1400 total yards (excpet once) while catching over 40 passes almost every year (twice 38)...in that stretch had a 1600 and a 1700 total yard seasons....

on St. Loius....

trying to think of a better landing spot for him this year and having a hard time doing so....you can't stack the box against White/Jones/Gonzo.....and Jackson can catch...he will be in at the goaline...

the "disagree overrated since 2006" means didly squat right now....if you choose to judge/value/project him this year based on what he has done since 2006....go for it....

as RB17 at 3.07 in this draft I think he represents serious value....

what kind of numbers do you see him producing....I think there is potential for a serious uptick....especially in TD's....
No kidding. I'm thinking 12+ TDs which is first round value in this format.

If you want to talk over rated, lets talk Rodgers who is flying off the board like he actually did something last year and still has Turner starting in front of him.

I see SJax in a platoon, with Rodgers getting the 3rd down touches. He'll produce his usualy RB10-15 numbers. Hardly a steal at RB17.

I see SJax in a platoon, with Rodgers getting the 3rd down touches. He'll produce his usualy RB10-15 numbers. Hardly a steal at RB17.
so first you call him overrated, then you say he is a usual top 10-15 RB....it's not like he was going off as a top 5 pick and then performing as a 10-15

not sure what your definition of a steal is....but

let's say he does finish as RB10....

considering RB9 was taken in the first round...if Jackson finishes as RB10....getting RB10 halfway through the third round at 3.07 seems to be "steal worthy" since you were able to go elsewhere with two picks prior to getting a guy who finishes just behind those in the first round.....

and not sure what you think a "platoon" is, but to me that is closer to 50/50 split on carries/touches....what in the world has Rodgers done to make you think he will be anywhere near that.....not only will Jackson receive the majority of the carries, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hold his own with Rodgers in receptions, maybe even surpass him....Jackson caught 90 balls one year....if ATL wants to take advantage of that skill, they won't limit passes to the RB to third downs....they will spread the field, send White/Jones/Gonzo etc down the field and look to dump to Jackson in what should be pretty open space and see if he can beat some LB's....

Jackson runs hard...even when he was getting pounded in STL....I see him having more room to roam in ATL and that combined with what should be more TD opportunities almost makes it seem like the perfect storm in brewing for him in ATL....

ok pick is in. 4.04 -went with Kaepernick. Went back and forth a million times between him and Nicks...
I was in same boat. Nicks, kaep, rg3. Went with what I believed to be highest upside and earlier bye. Hoping to survive week 5 and earlier bye.

4.04 52. Bronx Bomber Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB 4.05 53. Solorca Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR 4.06 54. Bro1ncos Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 4.07 55. Phenix Stafford, Matthew DET QB4.08 56. Kardplayer Wilson, Russell SEA QB 4.09 57. Old Milwaukee Wallace, Mike MIA WR

Waiting On Atomic Punk For The Next Pick

4.10 Atomic Punk - No Pick 7:56:57 p.m.

4.11 Crippler - Colston, Marques NOS WR 7:56:58 p.m.

4.12 Teamramrod - Decker, Eric DEN WR 7:56:58 p.m.

4.13 By The Sea Wannabe - Romo, Tony DAL QB 7:56:58 p.m.

Did someone PM Shadow that his turn is up?

If he picks, it's on me, and I probably won't be back online for a couple more hours. If Atomic gets back online between now and then, he can log in as the commish and change his pick to anyone left on the board.

Sorry guys, this damn hotel has the site blocked and I couldn't get in. Can someone do a makeup pick for me and I'll see if I can get this figured out tonight.

TIA

I just got connected after spending an hour on the phone with a guy from Bangledesh ... man that guy was awesome!

I'll pre-pick my next round just in case.

Eddie Lacy
Shadowmaster took Lacy on MFL after Punk posted the pick here. Accordingly, I've deleted the last three picks. Punk gets Lacy, and Shadow is on the clock. I will PM Shadow.
Does Shadow know he is back on the clock, ugh, the messes when someone times out.
Yes, I PM'd him around 1:30 am Eastern today.
In all fairness, that probably means we should give him another 8-hour clock from 8am today.

Though it's :wall: :wall: :wall: to think we could be stuck in the back half of the 4th round from noon yesterday until 4pm today.

Wasn't he on a 4 hour clock from when he was moved from SSL3? I don't think his clock should have reset just because he was moved to SSL4.

Wasn't he on a 4 hour clock from when he was moved from SSL3? I don't think his clock should have reset just because he was moved to SSL4.
I'm obviously the most direct beneficiary if he times out, so I'll let someone else make a ruling on this.

true but he kind of got screwed here. I don't think some extra time is wrong with how this went down. Especially considering he predrafted his next pick as well. I am sure he assumed he had at least a day before he would be up again.

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
jeaton6 said:
true but he kind of got screwed here. I don't think some extra time is wrong with how this went down. Especially considering he predrafted his next pick as well. I am sure he assumed he had at least a day before he would be up again.
Was his Lacy pick predrafted? If so, I'd give him Lacy back since he "technically" put the pick in earlier than it was actually picked. I don't see the difference between predrafting or posting it here for someone to put in. Could be wrong though. Usually on MFL if you timeout it just gives you the highest ADP guy. I'd say we just go with that from now on and be done with it. That said, I'm in no rush really just curiosity keeps me checking in.

FOUL - I took Lacy long after he timed out.

He has to pick with who is left.

I'm putting Lacy back on my team and setting my rd 5 back up for Auto Pick

AP need to make another round 4 move

Users who are viewing this thread