What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (1 Viewer)

FUBAR said:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but FBG has Reed ranked WAY too low this week as the #28 TE. I'm seeing him closer to top 10. He's a better receiver already than anyone on the team other than Garcon and Dallas is a great matchup.

Might be too optimistic, but IMO Reed is a top 10 TE from here going forward. Tell me why I'm wrong.
You're wrong because the other two TEs are back and healthy this week?

I hope you're right, and I'm sitting on Reed in dynasty, but no way am I pegging him as top 10 at this point.
I think the gap between 10-16 or so is none. I've got Reed in that mix. Maybe 10 is too high, but I'd feel good with him as my TE2. I don't think he's had his best stretch yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he definitely passes the eyeball test. The fact that he can't block for #### will likely limit his snaps but I'm really hoping he ends up as the #2 option since as I said that's still very much up in the air.

Yeah he definitely passes the eyeball test. The fact that he can't block for #### will likely limit his snaps but I'm really hoping he ends up as the #2 option since as I said that's still very much up in the air.
I'm hoping he takes that primary slot position once Santana moves on.

Reed has 5 looks so far, good for second most (Garcon 7).

With Ware out, it looks like WAS feels more comfortable leaving Reed on the field. I believe he's seen every snap since.

It also obviously helps that they're in catch-up mode again.

For what it's worth, Reed's per-game numbers quietly project out to 68/650 over 16 games. If they hold up (and, obviously, it's VEEEEEERY early and there's a good chance that they won't), Reed will become just the seventh rookie tight end in the last 30 years to average 40 receiving yards per game. He'd be the third rookie TE over that span with 4+ receptions per game, joining Jeremy Shockey and Keith Jackson.

In PPR leagues, Reed is about 2 points behind Tyler Eifert for the season, despite Eifert having played two more games.

For what it's worth, Reed's per-game numbers quietly project out to 68/650 over 16 games. If they hold up (and, obviously, it's VEEEEEERY early and there's a good chance that they won't), Reed will become just the seventh rookie tight end in the last 30 years to average 40 receiving yards per game. He'd be the third rookie TE over that span with 4+ receptions per game, joining Jeremy Shockey and Keith Jackson.

In PPR leagues, Reed is about 2 points behind Tyler Eifert for the season, despite Eifert having played two more games.
Please stop. This guy is $$ in daily game

If he starts to get more snaps he could really become significant.
And if RG3 stops throwing only to Garcon
Uhh, that won't happen. I would say if you have Reed in a Dynasty League...you are golden. He will be a prolific part of the 'Skins offense for sure. They didn't expect him to be contributing already as it is and he's made Fred Davis expendable overnight.

If WAS ever legitimately gets and holds a lead, I sadly don't like how that'd project for Reed. When WAS does what they want to do (run), Paulsen will be on the field plenty as the superior run blocker.

SameSongNDance said:
If WAS ever legitimately gets and holds a lead, I sadly don't like how that'd project for Reed. When WAS does what they want to do (run), Paulsen will be on the field plenty as the superior run blocker.
Any thoughts on whether the Skins would go to a 2 TE set in those circumstances? Of course, the idea that Washington could get enough of a lead to run out the clock is questionable anyway...

SameSongNDance said:
Any thoughts on whether the Skins would go to a 2 TE set in those circumstances? Of course, the idea that Washington could get enough of a lead to run out the clock is questionable anyway...
It's likely they could in the future if Reed could even marginally improve on his blocking (think Julius Thomas who has made long strides in that department as the season has progressed). I do however remember (correct me if I'm wrong) that Davis came in on some 2 TE sets over Reed.

SameSongNDance said:
It's likely they could in the future if Reed could even marginally improve on his blocking (think Julius Thomas who has made long strides in that department as the season has progressed). I do however remember (correct me if I'm wrong) that Davis came in on some 2 TE sets over Reed.
I don't know if I'd agree with that. I'm seeing a lot of random variation in Thomas' blocking performance, but no clear upward trend. His blocking against Jacksonville was probably the worst of the season so far. You can definitely say that Julius is a WILLING blocker, which counts for a lot, but he's still not particularly effective at it midway through his 3rd season in the NFL.

SameSongNDance said:
I don't know if I'd agree with that. I'm seeing a lot of random variation in Thomas' blocking performance, but no clear upward trend. His blocking against Jacksonville was probably the worst of the season so far. You can definitely say that Julius is a WILLING blocker, which counts for a lot, but he's still not particularly effective at it midway through his 3rd season in the NFL.
I felt as if there was definite improvement as the first couple weeks played out and the train starting really gaining momentum. Admittedly, I didn't see very much of the game vs. JAC but I'll take your word for it.

From what I saw last week however, JT seems to be a better blocker than Reed at the very least.

SameSongNDance said:
I felt as if there was definite improvement as the first couple weeks played out and the train starting really gaining momentum. Admittedly, I didn't see very much of the game vs. JAC but I'll take your word for it.

From what I saw last week however, JT seems to be a better blocker than Reed at the very least.
From what I've seen so far, Andre Reed is probably a better blocker than Jordan Reed. And I don't mean Andre Reed in his prime, I mean Andre Reed right this very moment, hasn't played in more than a decade.

With that said, Reed can certainly improve, but I hope he doesn't improve too much. Vernon Davis would have much better career stats if he was a worse blocker, because his team wouldn't be tempted to keep him in to protect nearly as much. I hope Reed gets just good enough at blocking to work his way onto the field as much as possible, but not so good that Washington actually considers taking him out of pass patterns. Not that PFF is the be-all, end-all, but Julius Thomas' game-by-game grades in run blocking are -0.4, -1.4, +0.6, -1.4, -2.4, -2.9. His pass-blocking grades are neutral (+1.4 for the season), but they're also based on a pretty small sample size. Thomas plays every snap, but over the last four week's he's only stayed in on pass protection about 30 total times. Denver knows that, as much of a mismatch as Thomas is in the passing game and as poor of a blocker as he is, keeping him in to block would be a gross misuse of resources. If Peyton's dropping back to pass, you can bet Julius Thomas is out in the pattern somewhere.

I really view that as the best case scenario for Reed. Good enough as a receiver to get on the field for every snap, bad enough as a blocker to spend most of his day running routes.

Jordan Reed ended up playing 55 snaps, 71% of the Skins' offensive snaps. He played the second most snaps of any skill player behind only Garcon, a few more than Moss and Hankerson. Of course with Wash playing from behind, anomalies like Helu playing more than AMorris also occurred.

Next up are the Bears and then a game at Denver, so Washington may be behind some more.

Hello fellas. I've been spot starting him a bit after scooping him to eventually replace Gonzalez. The future might be sooner than expected though. He appears to be the second best receiver on this team.

I heard that the first time when Shannon Sharpe said it. Verbatim.

Jordan Reed ended up playing 55 snaps, 71% of the Skins' offensive snaps. He played the second most snaps of any skill player behind only Garcon, a few more than Moss and Hankerson. Of course with Wash playing from behind, anomalies like Helu playing more than AMorris also occurred.

Next up are the Bears and then a game at Denver, so Washington may be behind some more.
Love those two matchups for Reed. Starting in every league I have him.

Unless Gronk plays. :unsure:

In one dynasty league. He was just paired with two 2014 1sts in a trade for Gronk. Both should be in the 1.2-1.6 range.

Can't decide on this guy. I had such high hopes for Fleener and am hesitant to cut ties.

FWI, TEs vs. CHI..

Eifert and Gresham - 10/82/0

Rudolph - 3/42/1

Miller - 3/35/0 (wasn't 100%, combined with David Johnson 5/86/0)

Grew - 7/52/0

Jimmy Graham - 10/135/0

Giants TEs did #### vs. CHI

It's not the best match-up ever but in leagues like ffpc (where you get 1.5PPR for TEs) I think he'll make for a pretty good start this week. He looked so damn good last week I really want to see more designed plays for him.

Can't decide on this guy. I had such high hopes for Fleener and am hesitant to cut ties.
Dude, I've been holding Fleener forever and would easily make that cut. In my mind, adding Reed pushed Fleener down to my TE3. If you're talking re-draft, Reed is the guy. If you're talking Dynasty, Reed is the guy. Fleener *could* develop, which is why I didn't cut him, but next year Dwayne Allen should be back... Fleener has made a mess out of this opportunity with Allen injured. Reed has already shown more potential in 6 games as a rookie than Fleener has shown in 1 season + 6 games. MAKE THE MOVE!

Looking awesome on this first drive. I had to bench him for Finley this week, but I have a bad feeling I'm going to hate myself for that...

Users who are viewing this thread