Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Concept Coop

Jordan Reed - TE - SF

Recommended Posts

Such a great talent that is so brittle.  Between him and Gronk, the two top pass catching TE's in the league are made of glass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, red said:

schefter just tweeted that reed is OUT

OK then. So even though AZ shuts down TEs, Davis's volume/role obviously increases. Trying to see whether this is a good arbitrage opportunity to leverage the potential output from this increased volume with Davis (and it's potential higher ceiling) than other options on the wire for streaming like Brate (consistent floor but lower ceiling) or guys that can be boom/bust versus getting targets like Vance McDonald or Hooper.

Is the AZ D so stout against TEs that it limits Davis's ability to be a TE1 this week compared to other options?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, OU#1 said:

Such a great talent that is so brittle.  Between him and Gronk, the two top pass catching TE's in the league are made of glass.

Have both on the cusp,of playoffs :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tommy Collins said:

That's the thing, Vernon Davis is a very capable replacement. Why risk Reed when Davis can do the job at a high level? He did well filling in for him previously. However, this seems like too much common sense, so it probably won't happen. Very similar to how I felt McCoy should sit with his hamstring injury and let Gillislee take over temporarily. But what do I know.

A lot of Davis' big plays this year are when they're both on the field. Reed draws all the attention and Davis slips open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, menobrown said:

Not exactly.

 

He's been wrong before, and is it really a surprise he's not practicing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, menobrown said:

Not exactly.

 

Seriously. 

Washington TE Jordan Reed, who suffered a shoulder injury last Thursday vs Dallas, is unlikely to play Sunday at Arizona, per sources.

Schefter tweets what we already know (unlikely to play) and someone posts that he said he's "OUT"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2016 at 4:48 PM, menobrown said:

 

Dnp today.   So are they really going to try and shoot him up with pain meds gameday and use him in passing situations... Or will they just designated him out.  Would be nice for those of us with ir slots it he got out designation today.  Even if active I can't see any way he is startable this week.

Edited by iamkoza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sebowski said:

A lot of Davis' big plays this year are when they're both on the field. Reed draws all the attention and Davis slips open.

Could be if you are looking at plays that go over 20 yards or however you are defining "big plays" but seems like Davis does benefit from being out there when Reed is gone.

Look at the two games when Reed was out (WK 6 and 7). 4 targets, 2 receptions, 50 yards, 1 TD; 6 targets, 6 receptions, 79 yards, 0 TD. 

Compare that to the previous 3 game average of 1.6 targets, 1.3 receptions, 7.6 yards, and 0 TDs. 

To your point, Week 2 looks like Davis and Reed had a good combo day, with Davis 5/5 for 51 and Reed with 5/7 for 70. Same with Week 8 (5/5 for 93 for Davis, 9/13 for 99 and a touch for Reed). 

But Davis seems able to perform with or without Reed on the field.

I can't shake wanting to play him, even with the uphill climb versus the ARI D. Brain tells me to go with Vance McDonald. Gut tells me Davis could be key in this game with Reed on the bench. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume Reed doesn't practice until late this week...anyone have news on him yet? really could use him this 1st week of the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mizeners said:

I would assume Reed doesn't practice until late this week...anyone have news on him yet? really could use him this 1st week of the playoffs

considering he wasnt even close to practicing or playing last week i'd say this week feels to be highly unlikely he'll play.  i cant recall too many situations where a injured player had 3 DP's the week prior and was able to play the following weeks game (for non concussion injuries).  My gut tells me week 15 is iffy at best too.  i still have confidence vernon davis will be a decent play while he's on the mend

Edited by iamkoza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Did individual drills today. Surprising.

I have a bye so really hoping he sits out. 

Huge game for the Skins, he's gonna play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Did individual drills today. Surprising.

I have a bye so really hoping he sits out. 

Same boat here. But I have him in the FBG contest so I'm kind of hoping he plays...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keith1 said:

He has a tough match-up but if he plays for the Skins, he has to play for me.

Me too. Reed, Gronk, Sims, and Higbee are my options. :kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keith1 said:

He has a tough match-up but if he plays for the Skins, he has to play for me.

They're playing Eagles man. I don't know if you've watched them lately but they have no one to contain him. My worry is if Washington gets a commanding lead, he will sit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

They're playing Eagles man. I don't know if you've watched them lately but they have no one to contain him. My worry is if Washington gets a commanding lead, he will sit.

 

We don't really do commanding leads. This will most likely be a get-right game for Wentz, the defense is awful 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Reed (shoulder) said he expects to play Week 14 against the Eagles.

We're not sure what to make of all this as ESPN's John Keim said Reed looked to be in "obvious pain" at Thursday's practice. Despite what Keim saw, Reed claims to have his full range of motion back and coach Jay Gruden said he "looked pretty good" on Thursday. This is shaping up as a classic game-time decision. Fortunately the Redskins play at 1 PM ET this week, so we'll know his status relatively early.
 
 
Dec 8 - 3:09 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Wasn't a TD though as he didn't complete the catch, so that even further clouds his outlook this week.

I disagree. He got both feet down with the ball. If it's knocked out of his hands, that's fine. He wasn't going to the ground so he didn't need to hang onto it any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kutta said:

I disagree. He got both feet down with the ball. If it's knocked out of his hands, that's fine. He wasn't going to the ground so he didn't need to hang onto it any longer.

Upon further review, he was bobbling the ball before it was knocked from his hands.  No clear possession is the ruling.  Your overturn was overturned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Upon further review, he was bobbling the ball before it was knocked from his hands.  No clear possession is the ruling.  Your overturn was overturned.  

Hmm. I might see a slight bobble, but it was called a TD on the field and there's not enough evidence to overturn it. The call on the field STANDS.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kutta said:

Hmm. I might see a slight bobble, but it was called a TD on the field and there's not enough evidence to overturn it. The call on the field STANDS.

 

Seriously I saw that video a few hours ago and was going to post it but ran out of time and I was going to comment at the time his range of motion looked solid but he did not complete the catch.

Anyway I think he's still in pain but more so in practice than he will be in the game since I think he'll get medicated up for the game and I'd be pretty surprised if he was out this week. My main concern was if he had range of motion to be effective that video was awfully encouraging, even if he did not complete the catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Wasn't a TD though as he didn't complete the catch, so that even further clouds his outlook this week.

Odd criteria to use for Reed's outlook this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Odd criteria to use for Reed's outlook this week.

Well then what criteria would you use?  If he can't complete a TD in practice, then how can you expect him to in a game?

:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Well then what criteria would you use?  If he can't complete a TD in practice, then how can you expect him to in a game?

:whistle:

His range or motion looked real good like others have said - I would use that,  The fact that the DB knocked the ball out of his hands after he exhibited everything you want to see in a WR/TE is irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steeler said:

His range or motion looked real good like others have said - I would use that,  The fact that the DB knocked the ball out of his hands after he exhibited everything you want to see in a WR/TE is irrelevant. 

:wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jed said:

Exactly.

I'm confused by you banging your head when I said something completely logical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steeler said:

I'm confused by you banging your head when I said something completely logical.

I think the point is that SayWhat is kind of goofing around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Steeler said:

His range or motion looked real good like others have said - I would use that,  The fact that the DB knocked the ball out of his hands after he exhibited everything you want to see in a WR/TE is irrelevant. 

You kidding me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer

Quote

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed continues to practice as he deals with his shoulder injury. His status will be determined later today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we trust him if he plays or will he be a decoy? I've got Vernon Davis as well. I'd hate to start Reed and have him just run routes and clear space and have Davis get the catches. Its rd 1 in the playoffs. Must win. I'd rather him be out another week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thu, Dec 8 at 2:59pm

Reed (shoulder) was a limited practice participant Thursday. Afterward, head coach Jay Gruden said Reed "looked good today."

Analysis: In the early stages of practice, Reed exhibited discomfort, as evidenced by catching a pass down the right seam using just his right arm, according to John Keim of ESPN.com. As the session progressed, though, Reed looked like himself on a leaping reception with both hands in the back left corner of the end zone. Although he appears destined to be questionable for Sunday's game in Philadelphia, he may have approached the point where the medical and training staffs can help him combat the pain in his left shoulder.

by Rotowire.com

-----------------

Sunday Kickoff

Temperature: 34f.

Feels Like: 32f.

-----------------

It doesn't seem like it will be too cold, but the discomfort still bothers me. What happens when he takes a hit or lands on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand, this is a pain management issue that can be taken care of prior to the game via medication.

I have both Reed and Davis. If Reed is active I don't know how I don't start him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Collins said:
Thu, Dec 8 at 2:59pm

Reed (shoulder) was a limited practice participant Thursday. Afterward, head coach Jay Gruden said Reed "looked good today."

Analysis: In the early stages of practice, Reed exhibited discomfort, as evidenced by catching a pass down the right seam using just his right arm, according to John Keim of ESPN.com. As the session progressed, though, Reed looked like himself on a leaping reception with both hands in the back left corner of the end zone. Although he appears destined to be questionable for Sunday's game in Philadelphia, he may have approached the point where the medical and training staffs can help him combat the pain in his left shoulder.

by Rotowire.com

-----------------

Sunday Kickoff

Temperature: 34f.

Feels Like: 32f.

-----------------

It doesn't seem like it will be too cold, but the discomfort still bothers me. What happens when he takes a hit or lands on it?

He's going to be shot up. And I'd gather he gets shot up prior to every game for the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

He's going to be shot up. And I'd gather he gets shot up prior to every game for the rest of the season.

Still worries me. This is a bad time to have to figure this situation out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily I have a bye this week, but if he plays, he'd be in my lineup. His ceiling is just so high you can't sit the guy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tommy Collins said:

Still worries me. This is a bad time to have to figure this situation out.

Are you worried about him not playing, or being ineffective? 

He's playing and he's getting shot up. The only question is will he be limited. My guess is no when adrenaline and pain meds kick in with a must win.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As was alluded to earlier he'll get pain meds for the game he's not getting for practice so the pain tolerance issue will arguable be easier to deal with in the actual game than practice.

I think his snap count will be scaled back a bit but I don't worry about him being a decoy. I'd guess they actually scale back his blocking duties more than anything else.

I'm starting him with confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's the line for starting him? Do you start him over green? Over walker? I think I lean towards benching if you have another solid but not great option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.