What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (3 Viewers)

Are you worried about him not playing, or being ineffective? 

He's playing and he's getting shot up. The only question is will he be limited. My guess is no when adrenaline and pain meds kick in with a must win.  
Effectiveness is my concern.

Washington has all its targets. the DeSean Jackson "revenge" motive and also Kelley to run at PHI. And PHI is strong against TEs. I may start Green over Reed.

Washington has all its targets. the DeSean Jackson "revenge" motive and also Kelley to run at PHI. And PHI is strong against TEs. I may start Green over Reed.
I'm in the same boat. Have Green and Reed.  Just find it so hard to sit him, and the news about Green's snap total being capped is not the easiest news to help make the decision. 

Right now I have Reed in due to the "play who got you there" mentality. But not sure it's the right decision.

cjv123 said:
This is a tough one.  I'm sure a lot of people remember how Reed absolutely shredded the Eagles in week 16 or so last year and he's been such a great start this year.  With that being said, since the redskins have all their options available, it is reasonable that he might be a good option but not his usual target hog self that makes him so appealing in ppr.  

This is a tough one.  

10 snaps.

What's troubling is that next week's game is Monday night so unless you have V. Davis this could be troubling.

Will be curious to hear if he suffered any setbacks.
Survived this week. Gonna have a hard time keeping him in my lineup next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that officially sucked.  There won't be a next week for me in one of the leagues I own Reed in so I guess I don't have to worry about it there . In another spot I have Reed, my options are Fleener/Bennett/Derby so I guess I have no choice but to roll the dice with him next week.  

In what'll be the semi-finals for most leagues next week, I'd stay away if I at least had a somewhat safe high-floor option that I could start in place of Reed. He carried teams to championships last year but it looks like he's shattering championship dreams this year. 

Had a bye so survived.  Hoping another week of no or limited practice and busts out next Monday.  Can't bench him now.

Miraculously I was able to advance despite starting Reed last Sunday.  I would welcome your insights on Reed's situation for the up coming game against Carolina. Carolina has been awful against TEs this year.  

NoMercy said:
Miraculously I was able to advance despite starting Reed last Sunday.  I would welcome your insights on Reed's situation for the up coming game against Carolina. Carolina has been awful against TEs this year.  
I'm the same. I moved on in spite of Reed but I don't think. Can get another 2pts from him(ppr league) and win again. I'm tempted to start Gresham but Reed's matchup is so good will probably have to spend the money to get Davis in case Reed doesn't play. And a Monday night game to make us Reed owners sweat it out even more.

His shoulder is messed up.  I'd have to guess limited snaps again this week.  Passing situations only.  He really can't do anything physical with that arm. 

Really hoped Reed was healthy cause I love the matchup .. luckily I traded for Kelce three weeks ago and will start him, but don't like the 4 degrees forecasted with wind chill in the negatives

They need to fully rest him this week. They can beat Carolina without him. Davis is more than capable of filling in for Reed until he gets FULLY healthy. I don't understand why the Redskins would rush him back.

I wish they would just declare him as doubtful or out.   I don't think I would be able to survive poor production from Reed two weeks in a row

Thanks for insights about Reed's situation.  I agree with your comments about resting Reed if not fully healthy. I do have Davis as my back-up so that is peace of mind somewhat. 

Reed tanked my score, but fortunately I was only playing a regular season game that I didn't need to win (won anyways against the 2nd-to-last place team).

But this week in the playoffs, I am definitely rolling out Ertz at TE. I have a good enough team that I don't need to take an unnecessary risk, plus Ertz has been hot lately.

This is what I am waiting for. Washington has been silent this week regarding injuries.  Let's hope we hear something relevant today, djjosee. 
Would bet on no practice.

Keep in mind it's a Monday night game (although that complicates things greatly).

Rotoworld reporting he practiced today.

Not a bad sign considering the Monday night game. I thought we wouldn't see a practice until Saturday.

Rotoworld reporting he practiced today.

Not a bad sign considering the Monday night game. I thought we wouldn't see a practice until Saturday.
Didn't he get limited practices in all last week?  This game being on Monday night is just brutal.  I think he'll definitely be active, but I just see no reasonable way to expect a full complement of snaps...  No way to even be sure he'll be getting 50 prevent snaps in limited role.. sneaky play might be Vernon Davis here.  Davis was in on 38 of 48 snaps last week.. didn't do anything with them... But panther d has been very generous to te.

I'm waiting to see if he is doing individual drills or fully participating.  I think last week was individual drills which basically is not practicing.  

Not much here, but from Gruden:

On if TE Jordan Reed will play more this week:

“We hope so, but I think, again, it’s just one of these deals where we have to see where he’s at, see how much strength he has. He’s getting better and better, but still, that’s a tough injury – a Grade 3 is significant. So we’ll have to wait and see how he does.”

“We hope so, but I think, again, it’s just one of these deals where we have to see where he’s at, see how much strength he has. He’s getting better and better, but still, that’s a tough injury – a Grade 3 is significant. So we’ll have to wait and see how he does.”
Jeez that's not great.

Reed and Kelce usually occupy my TE slot and Flex spot.  With Kelce in at TE I'm caught between one of MMitchell, MThomas and Farrow at flex or waiting til Monday and going Reed or switching in Garçon at the last minute.  Leaning towards the second option and praying that if Reed doesn't go, Garçon grabs a TD or something.  Ugh

So how exactly I'd it that he gets injured three weeks ago, returns and lights it up.  Then a week and a half later is a non factor and a week later after that he is up in the air?  Just asking from the perspective of I don't think we can read tea leaves or draw conclusion 

So how exactly I'd it that he gets injured three weeks ago, returns and lights it up.  Then a week and a half later is a non factor and a week later after that he is up in the air?  Just asking from the perspective of I don't think we can read tea leaves or draw conclusion 
Same reason Marty Bennett got 3 TD's against the Browns in a game he suffered a high ankle sprain and then was a shell of himself for weeks after. Inflammation.

He also went 2.5 weeks between games just to clarify and I believe he's has passed the low point of this injury a few weeks ago and will enter this week 3.5 weeks post initial injury and I think he's been getting better every day for past few weeks.

unckeyherb said:
Reed and Kelce usually occupy my TE slot and Flex spot.  With Kelce in at TE I'm caught between one of MMitchell, MThomas and Farrow at flex or waiting til Monday and going Reed or switching in Garçon at the last minute.  Leaning towards the second option and praying that if Reed doesn't go, Garçon grabs a TD or something.  Ugh
I also have been playing Reed & Kelce as a TE/Flex duo.  I'm rolling with it again hoping that Reed is okay but picked up Ted Ginn (all that is really available on WW) in case Reed is a late pull on Monday night.

At this point it seems to me that it's pretty much a lock he will be active, is a matter of how many snaps will he get?  20% like last week isn't going to get it done

At this point it seems to me that it's pretty much a lock he will be active, is a matter of how many snaps will he get?  20% like last week isn't going to get it done
I agree that he will most likely be active but I believe our rosters are locked as of Saturday.   That is why I suggest getting someone from either WAS or CAR just in case Reed is pulled at the last minute.  

I also have been playing Reed & Kelce as a TE/Flex duo.  I'm rolling with it again hoping that Reed is okay but picked up Ted Ginn (all that is really available on WW) in case Reed is a late pull on Monday night.
right, Garcon was the only legit "starter" available to me on my WW.  If you are even thinking about starting Reed, I think you HAVE to have another player you can plunk into your roster in his place if some news comes down that he'll be very limited.  We're both lucky that he isn't occupying our TE spot, rather our flex spot, which at least allows for other positions.

ConnSKINS26 said:

Yikes. 

John Keim

ESPN Staff Writer

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed participated in one-on-one work for the first time since injuring his shoulder. He caught the ball well in this drill. Earlier Reed shook his injured left shoulder after a grab in individual work.

John Keim

ESPN Staff Writer

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed participated in one-on-one work for the first time since injuring his shoulder. He caught the ball well in this drill. Earlier Reed shook his injured left shoulder after a grab in individual work.
Risky, but I don't think I have a choice but to start him.

Considering he's doing more than last week in practice I'm going to have to assume he's going to be in on many more snaps.

Hurl Bruce said:
I hate this...Reed has such a choice matchup.  I can grab Ladarius Green instead and plug him in instead.
If I  had Green available I might go that route.  I think he is going to have a big game against the Bengals

As the underdog in my matchups I need a high ceiling, so I'm risking it. I don't think 6-9pts from Ebron will be the difference in my game.

This sucks all the way around. I have VDavis, but Reed is going to get some snaps unless he has a setback. If he gets 40% of the snaps this week, it makes this a complete crap shoot. He could get 40 yards and Davis get 2 TD's or vice versa.  I'd really like to hear before the game Monday night that either he's a full go or that he had a set back and he's being sat as a precaution so all the production goes to just one guy. 

It's not really the type of thing that he can have a setback with, it's mostly pain tolerance and range of motion, which is slowly getting better. That's my understanding anyways  

Users who are viewing this thread