What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (2 Viewers)

JackReacher said:
No one is surprised he's hurt. We draft him because he puts up explosive weeks. Unfortunately, it only happened once this year.
Right. I kind of view him like a RB version of Brian Westbrook.  Don't count on 16 games, hope he gives you 12-14 games and at the right time of the year. But one game was it and that was not worth the roster spot he burned all year. For me he'll go down as my worst draft pick of the year, my personal biggest bust.

BTW heard earlier today Gruden say this might be a good time for him to have toe surgery so that issue never went away.

I think I said this before but you know it's a bad Jordan Reed year when concussions are the 4th most worrisome issue.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Jordan Reed had a "procedure done on his toes."

It explains why he is not expected to participate in OTAs. Reed ended the season on injured reserve because of a hamstring issue, but he was limited by a toe problem during training camp last year. Hopefully this procedure fixes the issue for good, but even if it does, Reed will remain one of the biggest injury risks in fantasy. The tight end has never played more than 14 games in a season.

Source: ESPN 

Apr 3 - 9:48 AM

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins

According to ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim, Jordan Reed (toe) participated in agility drills at Wednesday's OTA session.

Per Keim, Reed looked "fine" while doing the side-field drills. He's not participating in team work after missing most of last season with injuries and then needing surgery on his toes after the year. Reed is incredibly difficult to trust but remains one of the premier Tier 2 fantasy options at a weak position.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

May 30 - 12:15 PM

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1001855503331463168

Going to pair him with Eifert this year.

I also believe in the Tooth Fairy.
:shrug:  In standard-format 1-TE leagues, I think drafting a Reed/Eifert combo makes a ton of sense. With about four exceptions, most of the TE pool is barely above WW replacement level anyway - why not take two dirt-cheap swings for the fences knowing you've got the wire as a fallback plan?

In draft-and-done leagues like FBG's survivors or (whatever they're now calling) MFL10s, he's straight-up poison and I won't touch him with a 10-foot pole.

Top of my.do not draft list....he tempts me every year
That was pretty much my attitude as well. But then I found myself taking him in the 7th round of an early FBG contest a few days ago. There aren't many players after round 5 who could put up 250 points in a year. In a contest involving thousands of teams, I'll roll the risky dice that he actually plays weeks 12 - 16 in a league like that.

Sold for a top DE and it was a rush of relief. Just painful to own the guy and wonder which weeks he'll torpedo your lineup with a "1 catch then off to the tub" performance. 

That was pretty much my attitude as well. But then I found myself taking him in the 7th round of an early FBG contest a few days ago. There aren't many players after round 5 who could put up 250 points in a year. In a contest involving thousands of teams, I'll roll the risky dice that he actually plays weeks 12 - 16 in a league like that.
When he is actually healthy, with respect to his per game production and incredibly thin group of upper echelon TE's, I'd view him as a top 10 difference maker in this format(which is TE premium).  I don't know about the rest of you but even when I manage to assemble some solid teams in these multi-thousand contests I almost always have a major bust in first 6-7 rounds. I don't really worry so much about the downside when I'm in that 7th round range, I'm more focused on upside and you'd be hard pressed to find someone with as much upside as him in that range.

When he is actually healthy, with respect to his per game production and incredibly thin group of upper echelon TE's, I'd view him as a top 10 difference maker in this format(which is TE premium).  I don't know about the rest of you but even when I manage to assemble some solid teams in these multi-thousand contests I almost always have a major bust in first 6-7 rounds. I don't really worry so much about the downside when I'm in that 7th round range, I'm more focused on upside and you'd be hard pressed to find someone with as much upside as him in that range.
I totally agree with this. Every year we look back at the previous year's draft, and it is amazing how few players drafted after round 6 or 7 actually contribute to fantasy teams. Sure, there's always a late round find, but so many players drafted in that range are going to get cut or ride the bench anyway, you might as well take a swing on a guy who you know has a chance to be an absolute stud.

Here is last year's round 6 and 7 in one of my leagues. A couple studs, a couple good guys, and a bunch of nothing. Two guys out of 24 who could really help you win your league:

Zac Ertz

Danny Woodhead

CJ Anderson

K. Benjamin

E. Sanders

B. Powell

Doug Martin

Kareem Hunt

Delanie Walker

Rob Kelly

Cam Meridith

Jameis Winston

Frank Gore

Jamison Crowder

Brandon Marshall

Mike Gillislee

Adrian Peterson

Kirk Cousins

Tyler Eifert

Willie Snead

Duke Johnson

Jamaal Charles

Kyle Rudolph

Tevin Coleman

menobrown said:
Agree and it's how I've felt for 5 years now.  Problem is that it's only the last two years that he's lasted into the proper price/risk range.

Agree and it's how I've felt for 5 years now.  Problem is that it's only the last two years that he's lasted into the proper price/risk range.
Yeah, you've had to pay premium for him previously.

BY THE WAY, he lost his QB, and Alex Smith now leaves the friendly confines of Andy Reid.

I don't trust the Skins, Jay Gruden, or Reed's skull. 

Jordan Reed lost Cousins and Alex lost Reid but Jordan Reed has been a top TE under gruden and Alex loved him some Kelce

can he stay on the field is the only question and hes likely to be cheap 

youll need a backup and a tolerance for game time decisions 

Low floor with inj CONCERNS but his ceiling is high and hes cheap has a coach that will use him and a qb that likes throwing to the TE You could do worse

I just can't quit this guy. I was huge on Reed when he came out & drafted him in maybe every league I was in that year.

Little did I know he was made of glass, but the potential is always there. Reed isn't a traditional Y because he can't block his way our of a wet paper bag, but he's one of the most talented "Jokers" in the NFL.

I'd certainly take another shot at him if the price was right. I need help, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
NBC Washington reports the Redskins may look to get out of Jordan Reed's contract next offseason.

Reed has three years remaining on his five-year extension. He's one of the best tight ends in the league when on the field, but the Redskins can't afford another injury-prone year after missing 14-of-32 games the last two seasons. Washington can save $6-plus million in cap space from moving on from Reed next offseason. With tight-end friendly Alex Smith replacing Kirk Cousins, there's potential for a mid-career rebound if Reed stays healthy. Reed was limited at OTAs but is expected to be ready for training camp.

Source: NBC Sports Washington 

Jun 30 - 6:15 PM

I'm loving Reed this year just because of the price. If (when) he misses games, you can backfill with a street TE. Alex Smith will do just fine targeting the TE and where else can you get top 2 at his position upside for the cost?

I'm in. If it doesn't work out, I haven't lost much IMO.

I'm loving Reed this year just because of the price. If (when) he misses games, you can backfill with a street TE. Alex Smith will do just fine targeting the TE and where else can you get top 2 at his position upside for the cost?

His price is high in my leagues. I'm staying away

in games in which he plays he will consistently be a top 5-6 TE..if you get 12 games out of him, you've hit the jackpot. his ADP is probably low at this point. as a TE2 on your team you could do a lot worse..you play him till he breaks. maybe you draft him on a flyer, hope to get a few big games out of him early, then trade him while he's still healthy.

but the value is most definitely there..its just that you need to have a competent TE1 on your roster before you draft this guy..

I like Reed’s ADP in many formats.

I’ve been coupling him with ASJ, Kittle, Hurst, Watson in leagues where I wait on TE.

And Vernon Davis may again be a decent injury "handcuff". Even moreso reunited with Alex Smith.

According to USA Today's Mike Jones, the Redskins are expected to "ease" Jordan Reed (toe) into training camp as a precaution.

Reed missed the majority of last year with a nagging toe injury. He seems to be fine now, though the Redskins aren't taking any chances with their star tight end. Left tackle Trent Williams (knee surgery) will also be eased into camp. Reed carries high-end TE1 upside, though durability concerns limit his fantasy appeal.

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter 

Jul 25 - 9:53 AM

At his price, I am so tempted to buy in this year. Plus I think there are some good bets that are going real late (RSJ, Willson, etc.)

I hope he is. I hope Jordan Reed goes off for 1,600 yards and 20 touchdowns. You know what? He won't be on my team. The guy has stunk up my lineups for years. I remember waiting for Percy Harvin to get healthy too. "No migraines this year, we promise'.

Yeah, okay.
You are severely underselling the guy.  “100x better” projects to 21,100 yards and 200 touchdowns...50x the fantasy production of last year’s #1 producer.

Hard to resist that upside... 

oh wait, it’s coachspeak season isn’t it?  Never mind.

You are severely underselling the guy.  “100x better” projects to 21,100 yards and 200 touchdowns...50x the fantasy production of last year’s #1 producer.

Hard to resist that upside... 

oh wait, it’s coachspeak season isn’t it?  Never mind.
It does seem high but if you do the math, he would only need to average about 280 yards per catch to get there on 70ish catches. 

Users who are viewing this thread