What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (4 Viewers)

Anyone ditch this guy yet? I'd like to try to make a trade but doubt he's got any real value, so I may give him the ax and pick up Ebron or Ladarius Green or Dwayne Allen.

I've unfortunately been stuck with Cameron and Reed and didn't get Niles Paul off the waiver wire. Reed has been ruled out for Week 3. I don't know if it's worth waiting for him to come back... I need a damn TE who can play!

Anyone ditch this guy yet? I'd like to try to make a trade but doubt he's got any real value, so I may give him the ax and pick up Ebron or Ladarius Green or Dwayne Allen.

I've unfortunately been stuck with Cameron and Reed and didn't get Niles Paul off the waiver wire. Reed has been ruled out for Week 3. I don't know if it's worth waiting for him to come back... I need a damn TE who can play!
Reed has more value to his owners than he does in trade at this point.

I'm holding on. I've gotten 4 points or so from the TE position this year. Dwayne Allen last week killed me. I picked up Jared Cook for the week. I'm praying.

I know he's out this week, and he hasn't "practiced," but has there been any report of his activity at all that anyone has seen? Is he sitting out practice in street clothes still? Is he at least doing agility work and 75% wind sprints with the trainers on the side?

If he's not doing the latter already, we could be more than even another week away.

I know he's out this week, and he hasn't "practiced," but has there been any report of his activity at all that anyone has seen? Is he sitting out practice in street clothes still? Is he at least doing agility work and 75% wind sprints with the trainers on the side?

If he's not doing the latter already, we could be more than even another week away.
I think he's been dressed, on the side doing work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance that he loses his job permanently, even if healthy? I've missed out on Paul in all my leagues and wonder if it could be a permanent changing of the guard.

Paul has way less talent then Reed.... But Reed is glass so if he can't stay on the field then Paul will keep his value.

I think he's been dressed, on the side doing work.
Heard it's mostly been limited to catching passes and walk throughs. No running so far.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins

Jordan Reed (hamstring) admitted he is out for Thursday's game against the Giants and sounded sketchy on his Week 5 status as well.

The oft-injured Reed sustained a pretty severe pull in Week 1 when he tried to hurdle a defender. So the door remains wide open for former wideout Niles Paul, who has been the real deal with an 18-253-1 line through three games. We'd still try to hold Reed where possible because of his unique athletic upside, but he doesn't sound anywhere near 100 percent yet.

Related: Niles Paul

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter

Sep 23 - 12:49 PM

What a massive disappointment. I'm gonna hang on to him in several leagues just in case, but I am rostering three TEs in all, since Reed cannot be trusted.

This should not be a surprise. It was obvious after he pulled it in week 1 that it was a 4-6 week injury. That is the usual timeline for a serious hammy pull.

Ghost Rider said:
What a massive disappointment. I'm gonna hang on to him in several leagues just in case, but I am rostering three TEs in all, since Reed cannot be trusted.
seems an easy drop considering the high likelihood that him and paul split time and cannibalize each others value

Easy to forget how good Reed was when healthy. Bought him for a 2nd in my dynasty league. I'll let him rest awhile.

This was the time table I was anticipating. I was lucky to get Donnell so I'm going to hold on to Reed for mid-season boost. If he is healthy, they way the O is focusing on the TE he is a top 5 guy.

A problem for when Reed does come back is not only him actually staying healthy, but Niles Paul, who has been lighting it up. Jay Gruden showed in Cincinnati that he has no problem using two tight ends (Gresham and Eifert were both used a lot last year, to where neither caught more than 46, but both caught at least 39), so it's likely that Reed and Paul will get playing time if/when they are both healthy. I can't see Paul being sent to the bench if he keeps playing this well.

Paul has had several drops and not sure you can say he's a lock to get the same kind of snaps once Reed returns.

Paul has had several drops and not sure you can say he's a lock to get the same kind of snaps once Reed returns.
I have not watched the games but several drops? Paul has caught 18 of his 24 targets on the season for 253 yards and 1 td. He is catching 70 percent of his targets and has a ypc of 14.1 which is really good at TE.

Last year Reed caught 45 of the 59 passes thrown his way before he got hurt for 499 yards and 3 tds. His catch percentage was 76% but his ypc was only at 11.0.

The Redskins seem to be fine with whoever is at the TE spot right now.

hes only had 1 drop attributed to him officially. pff says he has 2. officially he has 18 catches on 24 targets but only 21 of his targets were remotely catchable. 1 was an end of the half hail mary and 2 were cousins throwing the ball away. they really shouldnt be targets to paul.

i cant imagine they take paul off the field. he has the ability to get open and make plays after the catch.

FWIW Cousins owner in my league is coming after Reed. So I think he has value. He's trying to downplay and pimp up Paul, but you kind of tip your hand as to what you think of a player when you are trying to put together a trade for him. ;)

I suspect in a fantasy context he's a backup for most (or at least drafted with a strong contingency plan). A backup that isn't healthy and won't be to cover bye weeks, has limited value.

I got rid of him right when he got injured. He is for sure out this week and people are speculating he is out next week too. Bum.

Rotoworld:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden acknowledged Friday that Jordan Reed's Week 1 hamstring injury was "bad."

He hasn't played since, of course. Per Gruden, Reed is "still rehabbing" with a "chance" to play in Week 5 against Seattle. We wouldn't bet on it. As Niles Paul was concussed in Thursday night's loss to the Giants, the Redskins might have to turn to Logan Paulsen as their primary tight end next week.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

Sep 26 - 3:33 PM

Hoping he comes back week 6 since the Keltic Warrior is on a bye that week. Oh the irony that I drafted Reed with Kelce as my backup. Now Kelce is my main TE.

Why would you drop him? I'm thinking big picture...weeks 12-16. If he's back he's still a top 10 TE, and I play him in the flex anyway.

Why would you drop him? I'm thinking big picture...weeks 12-16. If he's back he's still a top 10 TE, and I play him in the flex anyway.
I did, and we have fairly deep benches. But I'm also having #### luck at the TE position this season with injuries, so I had to either drop him and pick up a fill-in TE or take a zero. Out of my options of players to drop, an often-injured guy like Reed tops the list. I don't know if I would count on him late in the season either.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (hamstring) was participating in individual work during Tuesday's practice.

Reed had been doing work on the side the last two weeks and likely needs to practice at least one day to play in Monday night's game against Seattle. Niles Paul (concussion) was also held out of Tuesday's practice, leaving Logan Paulsen to get reps with the first-team offense. Regardless, Reed needs to be owned in just about all formats as a true difference-making talent in the seam for Jay Gruden.

Source: CSN Washington

Sep 30 - 11:28 AM

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (hamstring) returned to Redskins practice Thursday, getting in a limited session.

Reed is now tentatively on track to return for Monday's game against the Seahawks, but he'll have to avoid setbacks on Friday and Saturday. Reed has been sidelined since Week 1. Although Niles Paul has shined in Reed's absence, we'd expect Reed to reclaim No. 1 duties. It's possible he'd lose looks to Paul, however.

Related: Niles Paul

Source: Redskins on Twitter
Oct 2 - 3:09 PM

Users who are viewing this thread