Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Concept Coop

Jordan Reed - TE - WAS

Recommended Posts

Welp, thanks to sub-par performances from most of my team, I need Reed to have a good not great day.  Think a stat line of 6-90-1 TD is plausible?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up 23 and opponent has Crowder and Olsen.  Need him in the end zone tonight.  I have faith, great matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he probable or questionable?  Looks like questionable on roto blurb from a few days ago-not sure if that's been changed.

Any local folks hearing anything about usage on sports radio?  Didn't realize Carolina was the 32nd team in the league against TE's for FF points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unckeyherb said:

Is he probable or questionable?  Looks like questionable on roto blurb from a few days ago-not sure if that's been changed.

Any local folks hearing anything about usage on sports radio?  Didn't realize Carolina was the 32nd team in the league against TE's for FF points. 

Pretty sure they did away with the probable tag this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's dressing and playing.  Just a matter of how much at this point I would say.  Hit them early and often and watch the 2nd half Jordan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

Welp, thanks to sub-par performances from most of my team, I need Reed to have a good not great day.  Think a stat line of 6-90-1 TD is plausible?  

He came back into the Dalls game and had I think 8 for 88 and 2 TD's  second half with a bum shoulder so there's hope. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm down 14 in a ppr league so I need just the 6 for 90 from him. But we know what will happen. Davis will have 2 TD's and ruin us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, conlilnew said:

He came back into the Dalls game and had I think 8 for 88 and 2 TD's  second half with a bum shoulder so there's hope. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm down 14 in a ppr league so I need just the 6 for 90 from him. But we know what will happen. Davis will have 2 TD's and ruin us. 

:no:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please tell me to nit overthink this. I have both Olsen and Reed. Have Olsen in. Would love Reed's upside but obviously can't afford a one catch for ten yard night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Please tell me to nit overthink this. I have both Olsen and Reed. Have Olsen in. Would love Reed's upside but obviously can't afford a one catch for ten yard night.

I have to think that if you have Olson, then you play him over Reed.  Have to be safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Reed plus 5 points vs. Chris Thompson. 

I'm the 1 seed playing a wildcard team I outscored by 400+ points this year.

I'm very scared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have Reed plus 5 points vs. Chris Thompson. 

I'm the 1 seed playing a wildcard team I outscored by 400+ points this year.

I'm very scared.

has there been any talk about Reed's presumed usage by local sports radio, beat writers, etc?  i see you aren't in DC but assume you follow them more than I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

has there been any talk about Reed's presumed usage by local sports radio, beat writers, etc?  i see you aren't in DC but assume you follow them more than I do.

Everything I've seen is positive, he's got range of motion and is catching the ball fine, its mostly a pain tolerance thing. But if he lands on it and takes a hit, who knows. It is really a must-win for us though, so I imagine if he can he'll be as involved as possible.

I've got Davis as well and I'm rolling with Reed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Everything I've seen is positive, he's got range of motion and is catching the ball fine, its mostly a pain tolerance thing. But if he lands on it and takes a hit, who knows. It is really a must-win for us though, so I imagine if he can he'll be as involved as possible.

I've got Davis as well and I'm rolling with Reed.

cool thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CabinFever said:

With the Skins fighting for a playoff spot, he's gonna play and I think will be a big part of their game plan. 

Would have thought that last week too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a decoy. VD out there on the first and second play. It ain't happening tonight for Reed owners boys but that's the chance we take when we draft Reed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness I already won my playoff game yesterday. I did start Reed and would have even if I was down.  I may have to re-think this strategy next weekend since it's nearly impossible deciphering the reports I hear throughout the week, some of which are misleading to some degree.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoMercy said:

Thank goodness I already won my playoff game yesterday. I did start Reed and would have even if I was down.  I may have to re-think this strategy next weekend since it's nearly impossible deciphering the reports I hear throughout the week, some of which are misleading to some degree.  

I'm in the same boat. This performance is not inspiring confidence for next week. Unless there are glowing reports I'm sitting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week wasn't enough reason to sit him?

He's hurt, playing hurt, playing on a Monday, didn't do anything last week, and you started him?

Fellas, come on now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, massraider said:

Last week wasn't enough reason to sit him?

He's hurt, playing hurt, playing on a Monday, didn't do anything last week, and you started him?

Fellas, come on now.

Up by 60. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, massraider said:
23 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Up by 60. 

I don't know care what that means.

Fixed it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, conlilnew said:

Last year I draft this guy. Made of Swiss cheese and bubble gum.  I'll take Hunter Henry next year 7 rd's later.

Henry ain't going 7 rounds later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow I survived that mess last night.  Agreed with earlier post.  If could not take that bump he should not have been out there.  He was open multiple times and Cousins would not even look at him.  Very disappointing but that's risk/reward in a nutshell.  

I don't care what I hear this week about practice.  He is on my bench until next year.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably going to drop him. I can't trust starting him with that shoulder. He was clearly in pain any time he had contact. That's not likely going to change in one week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Yes you do.

I think it means, ''I am winning, so starting Reed was clearly the right move.''

But that cannot be it, because that would be all time stupid.  So yeah, I have no idea what that means.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch.  Was there any semblance of a healthy player out there? 

 

Hunter Henry and Ladarius Green are on waivers.  Looks like it's one of them for me next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hurl Bruce said:

I didn't watch.  Was there any semblance of a healthy player out there? 

 

Hunter Henry and Ladarius Green are on waivers.  Looks like it's one of them for me next week.

No.  He was a mess and the ejection was almost a cry for help to get him off the field.  He spent more time lying on the ground writhing in pain the previous half dozen plays before that incident.  There was a single play that stood out in my mind where a defensive player ran by him and bumped that shoulder and it just immobilized him.  I have a hard time believing he will be an every down player at any point the rest of this year and if you can make him give up by patting that shoulder, he needs surgery or some serious time off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hurl Bruce said:

I didn't watch.  Was there any semblance of a healthy player out there? 

 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hurl Bruce said:

I didn't watch.  Was there any semblance of a healthy player out there? 

 

Hunter Henry and Ladarius Green are on waivers.  Looks like it's one of them for me next week.

@Rookie_Whisperer is spot on. And Ladarius suffered a concussion in the 4th Q. Lately it seems that players suffering concussions haven't been playing the following week. I'm sure some have, but it appears as though more have had to miss at least 1 game. Throw in the history of concussions/migraines and I'm not confident he will play this week. Even if he does, it will be against the Ravens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have Reed plus 5 points vs. Chris Thompson. 

I'm the 1 seed playing a wildcard team I outscored by 400+ points this year.

I'm very scared.

I'm curious how you made out.  If it's ppr, I feel bad for you.  If not, I feel bad for your opponent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He won't be on my team next year I don't think, partly because of his durability concerns, but mainly because I can't take him seriously after his boxing performance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.