Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Concept Coop

Jordan Reed - TE - WAS

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chaka said:

:bs:

 

Seriously, I have all my 0s and 1s timetables memorized. Go ahead and test me. You will regret it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Reed says he is still catching up with his conditioning in Redskins training camp.

Reed didn't start running until a month before camp, and said he's still looking for "more burst, quickness and speed." Reed did say he feels good overall. "The only thing I have to work on is that burst," Reed said. "I've still got a lot of strengthening to do, explosive work to back to my full potential." Now 28, it's possible Reed never fully regains the burst he's looking for. He has dealt with so many injuries. But even a slightly-diminished Reed would still be a huge weapon for the Redskins if he is back to 100 percent health.

Source: John Keim on Twitter 

Aug 6 - 2:17 PM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redskins coach Jay Gruden confirmed Monday that Jordan Reed is "on pace" for Week 1.

Reed was held out of the entire preseason as the Skins put him in bubble wrap with Week 1 always being the goal. Even as he remains one of the NFL's biggest injury risks, Reed will be a top-eight TE1 play on Opening Day in Arizona.

Source: John Keim on Twitter 

Aug 27 - 4:35 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Are you guys ready for a guy with 8 toes to be a top 3 TE week in and week out?

Not sure I'm reading you. Are you in or out on Reed for the 2018 season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I hated picking him Sunday but I waited on TE and there he was. Not bad I guess for 15th round. Might get my money's worth for 6 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Truebluey said:

Not sure I'm reading you. Are you in or out on Reed for the 2018 season?

At his price 2018 price I'm 100% in. I'm not being facetious when I say you just need to hope that the injury occurs in practice or in game after he's already put up a decent line. I'd be more than happy if he gave me 10-12 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this year. Couldn't say no at the price, look forward to sweating it every single week

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

In this year. Couldn't say no at the price, look forward to sweating it every single week

Ended up getting him late with Kittle as my back up. Already starting to sweat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had him initially in the FBG contest with Gronk but ultimately switched him for Rudolph at the thought of losing both my TE’s to injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

In this year. Couldn't say no at the price, look forward to sweating it every single week

Without a doubt.   Such an extremely talented player.  Welcome to the world of anxiety that comes with being a Jordan Reed owner.   You watch after every tackle to see if he gets up and heads to the dressing room.

Reminds me of back in the day of being a Fred Taylor owner.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pairing him with Eifert even later. If one of them stay healthy it could be a nice boom. If not, then probably someone laying around to pickup who would be comparable at that late round pick anyways. (Clay is another tempting one that no one seems to mention)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reed and Burton for me. If Reed as much as strains his neck sneezing, I'm confident Burton is locked in my lineup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FreshiZ said:

I'm pairing him with Eifert even later. If one of them stay healthy it could be a nice boom. If not, then probably someone laying around to pickup who would be comparable at that late round pick anyways. (Clay is another tempting one that no one seems to mention)

 

I did this same thing in one league. I even grabbed Vernon Davis as insurance. It’s a lot to spend on the TE position but they were all late round picks so I didn’t really care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G-King said:

Reed and Burton for me. If Reed as much as strains his neck sneezing, I'm confident Burton is locked in my lineup.

I also did this in one league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone doubt that he will produce great stats for as long as he is on the field?  I am guessing not.  Now that I've said that, let me pose another scenario - if you could get an injury-prone RB in the 9th round who is all but assured to produce like a RB1 for as long as he was on the field, would you take him?  I know I would.  The question then becomes, do you draft Reed as your first TE, or your second?  For me, I plan on drafting him as my first, and only.  I play in a 10-team league with only 15 roster spots, so I assume many teams will only draft 1 TE.  I will gladly take the reward along with the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kutta said:

I did this same thing in one league. I even grabbed Vernon Davis as insurance. It’s a lot to spend on the TE position but they were all late round picks so I didn’t really care.

 

Was going to say, surely Davis is the nice cheap backup for Reed with the previous relationship with Smith to add into the mix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the fact that Reed has a ton of value this year is beyond question. The only dilemma is when to take him. I won't reach for him, but if he's there when I'm ready to take a TE, I'll snap him up. 

People who have already drafted: Where have you seen him going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

 

Was going to say, surely Davis is the nice cheap backup for Reed with the previous relationship with Smith to add into the mix

I think I paired Reed/Davis on my subscriber contest team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at Yahoo (which both of my leagues use). Reed's ADP is 102, and he's listed as the TE11. In that case I would take him all day ahead of guys like Njoku, Rudolph and Olsen (Burton is a close call). Unfortunately, both of my leagues have some Washington homers, so I doubt he slips that far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I like the idea of pairing him with another TE and I especially don't like the idea of spending starters capital on another TE to pair with Reed. But I guess I'm also not a fan of holding more than one player at a onsie positions. I don't like the opportunity cost of holding a second QB, TE or god forbid DST over a lottery ticket RB. The beauty of Reed is that he allows you to build a solid core in the first 6-7 rounds while getting your hands on an elite TE.  If/when he gets injured then you just go dumpster diving on the waiver wire, maybe you just pick up Vernon Davis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

I don't think I like the idea of pairing him with another TE and I especially don't like the idea of spending starters capital on another TE to pair with Reed. But I guess I'm also not a fan of holding more than one player at a onsie positions. I don't like the opportunity cost of holding a second QB, TE or god forbid DST over a lottery ticket RB. The beauty of Reed is that he allows you to build a solid core in the first 6-7 rounds while getting your hands on an elite TE.  If/when he gets injured then you just go dumpster diving on the waiver wire, maybe you just pick up Vernon Davis. 

Agree on preferring not to back up my TE (although I'm somewhat more willing to do it in my league where we start a WR/TE flex).

Honestly, my biggest worry with Reed is not that he tears his ACL in Week 3, or even that he suffers a concussion that keeps him out for a month.* At least with that you're dealing with some degree of certainty. My worry is that he gets one of those nagging injuries where, every week, you're not sure if he's going to play, and if he does, how healthy he'll be.

* Speaking strictly as a fantasy owner. As a Washington fan and as a human being, I'm very worried about his concussions

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FreshiZ said:

I'm pairing him with Eifert even later. If one of them stay healthy it could be a nice boom.

Is it safe to assume the word you were looking for was "boon," or are you actually expecting one of them to spontaneously explode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DallasDMac said:

Is it safe to assume the word you were looking for was "boon," or are you actually expecting one of them to spontaneously explode?

Statistically speaking, it's the most likely outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t looking to do,it but he is just too good of a value this year so I’m onboard again. Hoping to get 10 games out of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He ended up dropping into the 12th round in my league, so I grabbed him as a backup to Ertz.  I compared him to the WR and RB options at that point in the draft and I easily see him being a more likely flex contributor than the other available options as well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, solorca said:

He ended up dropping into the 12th round in my league, so I grabbed him as a backup to Ertz.  I compared him to the WR and RB options at that point in the draft and I easily see him being a more likely flex contributor than the other available options as well.

 

I did similar in my 12 team auction.  I had ertz, but reed was so cheap(4$) he was a better option than other rb/wr for a potential flex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

When (not if) Reed misses time you will want to have Vernon Davis on your bench.

Or like many of the previous posts stated you take Reed late as a TE2.

I got Graham in Round 5 and Reed in 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins

Coach Jay Gruden said Jordan Reed is "in great shape" and will play Week 1 against the Cardinals.

Neither Reed nor Chris Thompson are on the Week 1 injury report as the practice week kicks off. Both will play Sunday and be fixtures on offense. Reed is a back-end TE1 with upside, while Thompson is a solid RB3/FLEX.

 

..a healthy Jordan Reed. You never want to play against a healthy Jordan Reed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

It was so nice to finally get Reed at value this year. 

Yep.  Just a matter of health.  I probably ended up with Reed in 9/12 redrafts.  He was hard to pass up at his value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tool said:

Not watching the game. What’s going in with him tonight?

Just made a tackle. :shrug:

Edited by lardonastick
TD saving tackle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tool said:

Not watching the game. What’s going in with him tonight?

He's been out there running routes... not playing every snap, but I've seen him out there. Smith just not throwing to him tonight for some reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was barely in there in the 1st half.  Made a great finger tip catch on the sideline.  Alex Smith sucks?  Not sure how WAS didn't get Reed going early since they were down a few TDs early.  Puzzling player utilization.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

He was barely in there in the 1st half.  Made a great finger tip catch on the sideline.  Alex Smith sucks?  Not sure how WAS didn't get Reed going early since they were down a few TDs early.  Puzzling player utilization.

Probably the most talented player on the offense, and he's an afterthought. He should have seen at least 8-10 targets in this game, he saw 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Probably the most talented player on the offense, and he's an afterthought. He should have seen at least 8-10 targets in this game, he saw 2. 

The Gruden boys have a style...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Max Power said:

The Gruden boys have a style...

 I was telling people that he Amari'ed me last night but I failed to connect the Gruden dots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What puzzles me is not the low number of targets but the low number of snaps. Seems like he was not on the field very often. Would love to see the stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He just simply wasn't on the field much, which was infuriating.  I'd look down at the listed players that ESPN puts up (which I have to say, I really like) and I'd see Vernon Davis and some dude named Sprinkle (and I'm a Redskins fan) both in as TEs, but no Reed.  WTH?  At least have him in there as a decoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very strange. It can't be a health thing either because he busted his ### and run 3/4 of the field to make a TD saving tackle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.