What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (4 Viewers)

Jordan Reed says he is still catching up with his conditioning in Redskins training camp.

Reed didn't start running until a month before camp, and said he's still looking for "more burst, quickness and speed." Reed did say he feels good overall. "The only thing I have to work on is that burst," Reed said. "I've still got a lot of strengthening to do, explosive work to back to my full potential." Now 28, it's possible Reed never fully regains the burst he's looking for. He has dealt with so many injuries. But even a slightly-diminished Reed would still be a huge weapon for the Redskins if he is back to 100 percent health.

Source: John Keim on Twitter 

Aug 6 - 2:17 PM

Redskins coach Jay Gruden confirmed Monday that Jordan Reed is "on pace" for Week 1.

Reed was held out of the entire preseason as the Skins put him in bubble wrap with Week 1 always being the goal. Even as he remains one of the NFL's biggest injury risks, Reed will be a top-eight TE1 play on Opening Day in Arizona.

Source: John Keim on Twitter 

Aug 27 - 4:35 PM

Man I hated picking him Sunday but I waited on TE and there he was. Not bad I guess for 15th round. Might get my money's worth for 6 games.

Not sure I'm reading you. Are you in or out on Reed for the 2018 season?
At his price 2018 price I'm 100% in. I'm not being facetious when I say you just need to hope that the injury occurs in practice or in game after he's already put up a decent line. I'd be more than happy if he gave me 10-12 games.

Had him initially in the FBG contest with Gronk but ultimately switched him for Rudolph at the thought of losing both my TE’s to injury. 

TartanLion said:
In this year. Couldn't say no at the price, look forward to sweating it every single week
Without a doubt.   Such an extremely talented player.  Welcome to the world of anxiety that comes with being a Jordan Reed owner.   You watch after every tackle to see if he gets up and heads to the dressing room.

Reminds me of back in the day of being a Fred Taylor owner.   

I'm pairing him with Eifert even later. If one of them stay healthy it could be a nice boom. If not, then probably someone laying around to pickup who would be comparable at that late round pick anyways. (Clay is another tempting one that no one seems to mention)

I'm pairing him with Eifert even later. If one of them stay healthy it could be a nice boom. If not, then probably someone laying around to pickup who would be comparable at that late round pick anyways. (Clay is another tempting one that no one seems to mention)
I did this same thing in one league. I even grabbed Vernon Davis as insurance. It’s a lot to spend on the TE position but they were all late round picks so I didn’t really care.

Does anyone doubt that he will produce great stats for as long as he is on the field?  I am guessing not.  Now that I've said that, let me pose another scenario - if you could get an injury-prone RB in the 9th round who is all but assured to produce like a RB1 for as long as he was on the field, would you take him?  I know I would.  The question then becomes, do you draft Reed as your first TE, or your second?  For me, I plan on drafting him as my first, and only.  I play in a 10-team league with only 15 roster spots, so I assume many teams will only draft 1 TE.  I will gladly take the reward along with the risk.

I did this same thing in one league. I even grabbed Vernon Davis as insurance. It’s a lot to spend on the TE position but they were all late round picks so I didn’t really care.

Was going to say, surely Davis is the nice cheap backup for Reed with the previous relationship with Smith to add into the mix

IMO the fact that Reed has a ton of value this year is beyond question. The only dilemma is when to take him. I won't reach for him, but if he's there when I'm ready to take a TE, I'll snap him up. 

People who have already drafted: Where have you seen him going?

Just looked at Yahoo (which both of my leagues use). Reed's ADP is 102, and he's listed as the TE11. In that case I would take him all day ahead of guys like Njoku, Rudolph and Olsen (Burton is a close call). Unfortunately, both of my leagues have some Washington homers, so I doubt he slips that far.

I don't think I like the idea of pairing him with another TE and I especially don't like the idea of spending starters capital on another TE to pair with Reed. But I guess I'm also not a fan of holding more than one player at a onsie positions. I don't like the opportunity cost of holding a second QB, TE or god forbid DST over a lottery ticket RB. The beauty of Reed is that he allows you to build a solid core in the first 6-7 rounds while getting your hands on an elite TE.  If/when he gets injured then you just go dumpster diving on the waiver wire, maybe you just pick up Vernon Davis. 

I don't think I like the idea of pairing him with another TE and I especially don't like the idea of spending starters capital on another TE to pair with Reed. But I guess I'm also not a fan of holding more than one player at a onsie positions. I don't like the opportunity cost of holding a second QB, TE or god forbid DST over a lottery ticket RB. The beauty of Reed is that he allows you to build a solid core in the first 6-7 rounds while getting your hands on an elite TE.  If/when he gets injured then you just go dumpster diving on the waiver wire, maybe you just pick up Vernon Davis. 
Agree on preferring not to back up my TE (although I'm somewhat more willing to do it in my league where we start a WR/TE flex).

Honestly, my biggest worry with Reed is not that he tears his ACL in Week 3, or even that he suffers a concussion that keeps him out for a month.* At least with that you're dealing with some degree of certainty. My worry is that he gets one of those nagging injuries where, every week, you're not sure if he's going to play, and if he does, how healthy he'll be.

* Speaking strictly as a fantasy owner. As a Washington fan and as a human being, I'm very worried about his concussions

Wasn’t looking to do,it but he is just too good of a value this year so I’m onboard again. Hoping to get 10 games out of him. 

He ended up dropping into the 12th round in my league, so I grabbed him as a backup to Ertz.  I compared him to the WR and RB options at that point in the draft and I easily see him being a more likely flex contributor than the other available options as well.

He ended up dropping into the 12th round in my league, so I grabbed him as a backup to Ertz.  I compared him to the WR and RB options at that point in the draft and I easily see him being a more likely flex contributor than the other available options as well.
I did similar in my 12 team auction.  I had ertz, but reed was so cheap(4$) he was a better option than other rb/wr for a potential flex

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins

Coach Jay Gruden said Jordan Reed is "in great shape" and will play Week 1 against the Cardinals.

Neither Reed nor Chris Thompson are on the Week 1 injury report as the practice week kicks off. Both will play Sunday and be fixtures on offense. Reed is a back-end TE1 with upside, while Thompson is a solid RB3/FLEX.
..a healthy Jordan Reed. You never want to play against a healthy Jordan Reed. 

He was barely in there in the 1st half.  Made a great finger tip catch on the sideline.  Alex Smith sucks?  Not sure how WAS didn't get Reed going early since they were down a few TDs early.  Puzzling player utilization.

He was barely in there in the 1st half.  Made a great finger tip catch on the sideline.  Alex Smith sucks?  Not sure how WAS didn't get Reed going early since they were down a few TDs early.  Puzzling player utilization.
Probably the most talented player on the offense, and he's an afterthought. He should have seen at least 8-10 targets in this game, he saw 2. 

What puzzles me is not the low number of targets but the low number of snaps. Seems like he was not on the field very often. Would love to see the stats.

He just simply wasn't on the field much, which was infuriating.  I'd look down at the listed players that ESPN puts up (which I have to say, I really like) and I'd see Vernon Davis and some dude named Sprinkle (and I'm a Redskins fan) both in as TEs, but no Reed.  WTH?  At least have him in there as a decoy.

It's very strange. It can't be a health thing either because he busted his ### and run 3/4 of the field to make a TD saving tackle. 

What puzzles me is not the low number of targets but the low number of snaps. Seems like he was not on the field very often. Would love to see the stats.
63% snap count last night. I'd have thought it was lower and this is actually higher then his season average. He was around 50% weeks 1-2 and 65% in week 3.

My guess is that he is on a  specific pitch count. 41, 40, 40 and 39 is his amount of snaps each week.

That being said not sure how early in game Redskins know what they might need from him later and what is really puzzling to me is that he's not on the field in some obvious passing situations.

It's very strange. It can't be a health thing either because he busted his ### and run 3/4 of the field to make a TD saving tackle. 
Had the same thought on that play. I scanned some Redskins beat writer Reed related tweets after the game and they were all as mystified as we are about his lack of use. One of them indicated he'd been having some issues with his toes but figured the bye week would help.  As I indicated above it would appear he's on a pitch count. Still can't excuse the lack of use.

I also wondered early in the game if they wanted Vernon and Sprinkle on the field more for blocking but I saw several obvious passing downs he was not in the game and typically Vernon was running routes so not being asked to pass block. So again I go back to pitch count.

Users who are viewing this thread