What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FBG Mid-Atlantic Auction League (1 Viewer)

Fear The Turtle

Footballguy
Time to round up the usual suspects as we begin our 6th season. This is an auction league with a best ball format (no weekly lineups) and waiver wire bidding. Modest entry fee of $60 and we're shooting for a repeat of last year's 16 teams. We use what were WCOFF scoring rules.

The auction is typically held on an August Sunday in Olney, MD at a great venue. We'll use the Fat Box auction system with our own auctioneer, assuming he's still willing.

Last year's site: http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/33236#0

The following have definitely told me they are in for this season. Forgive me if I've missed someone.

1. roarlions
2. Jeff Pasquino
3. nittanylion
4. Philly Fanatic
5. Fear The Turtle
6. Go DC Yourself
7. CommuterMan
8. pablito
9. renesauz
10. ravnzfan
11. RickV

NY Philly Xpress wants back in if one of last year's teams doesn't re-up. Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to round up the usual suspects as we begin our 6th season. This is an auction league with a best ball format (no weekly lineups) and waiver wire bidding. Modest entry fee of $60 and we're shooting for a repeat of last year's 16 teams. We use what was WCOFF scoring rules.

The auction is typically held on an August Sunday in Olney, MD at a great venue. We'll use the Fat Box auction system with our own auctioneer, assuming he's still willing.

Last year's site: http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/33236#0

The following have definitely told me they are in for this season. Forgive me if I've missed someone.

1. roarlions

2. Jeff Pasquino

3. nittanylion

4. Philly Fanatic

5. Fear The Turtle

6. Go DC Yourself

7. CommuterMan

8. pablito

NY Philly Xpress wants back in if one of last year's teams doesn't re-up. Anyone else?
:goodposting:

I would love to do this league, I didn't notice newcomers were welcome until your most recent post. The problem is I'm located in RI. Any chance you would accept 1 online auctionee if its possible? Thanks. -KT

liquidaze said:
I would love to do this league, I didn't notice newcomers were welcome until your most recent post. The problem is I'm located in RI. Any chance you would accept 1 online auctionee if its possible? Thanks. -KT
KT, when we set the league up one of the few stipulations we agreed to was that the auction had to be entirely in person so, unfortunately, we can't do the online thing. You're welcome to join us if you can make the trip. My Pop is from Westerly so I've done the MD-RI trek more times than I can remember. It's definitely doable.

I'll check on my guys over the next week or so: Jeff, Jeff, James and Charlie...

...Jeff (XO Stars) has been with us for multiple seasons now, so I'd be inclined to think he'd be 'one of the guys' at this point, but if our primary goal is to fill this with bona fide FBG's, and there's enough interest, it would make sense to me if those other 3 spots are at least kinda available...

Looks like Sat. 8/10 and Sat. 8/17 probably aren't good for me, but Sun. 8/11 or Sun. 8/18 would work.
Exactly the same for me: either 8/11 or 8/18 would work.

We're still sitting at 11 teams with nittany getting back to us about his four and the big fella reporting back about his nephew. I've got one backup. If anyone else wants in let us know and we'll place you on the waiting list.

I am OK for drafting on August 3, 4, 10, 11 as well as Sept 1 or 2, but I will be gone from Aug 17-31.

Jeff Lunn (XO Stars) - IN

Charlie Gabel (The Reaper) - ? (estimated chance of IN: 90%)

James Gubas (Boys Of Banter - ? (estimated chance of IN: 75%)

Jeff Black (2011 St. Louis Cardinals) - ? (estimated chance of IN: 50%)

I should know by Wednesday about Charlie and James. Jeff is in the process of developing his 8th restaurant, and quite understandably might be a bit preoccupied to participate in a manner that both he and the rest of us expect of an Owner.

With apologies to all, for personal reasons I would like to abdicate as auctioneer this year. Of course the equipment will still be available to the league.

Are we any closer to getting the date finalized?
Sept 1: No objections

Sept 2: No objections

Aug 11: RickV can't make it

Aug 18: Go DC & pablito can't make it

My experience is that Labor Day weekend is typically tough to make happen but so far there aren't any objections. With Jeff L, we're up to 12 teams. Still waiting to hear from ravnz about his nephew.

roadkill1292 said:
With apologies to all, for personal reasons I would like to abdicate as auctioneer this year. Of course the equipment will still be available to the league.
That's tough news. Hope you can rejoin us in 2014.

Charlie is IN, and Jeff Lunn, Charlie and I are all OK with any of the proposed dates. Charlie will be in charge of us and draft at the same time, like last year, but vows to be much more prepared.

James is down to 50-50, I think we ought to have a replacement ready. I'll contact Jeff Black today, but I'm inclined to think he's down to 50-50 at best as well...

Is there a date firmed up yet?

I have a bit of flexibility right now, but need to confirm a date soon to keep it that way

Is there a date firmed up yet?

I have a bit of flexibility right now, but need to confirm a date soon to keep it that way
I think we are waiting to hear if Jeff P. can make it Labor Day weekend, which seems to be the weekend that most owners are available. Not sure what will happen if Jeff is not available that weekend.

My personal vote would be for August 11th!!

Would like to stay away from the holiday weekend if at all possible. Other than that I am pretty much available...

I got in touch with Fear the Turtle, who has been really busy lately. I've offered to help him try to get everything finalized so we can keep the league going this season.

I think we have 2 main issues to settle:

1) Date of the draft - Sunday Aug. 25th and Sunday Sept. 1st are the 2 options available at this point. Pablito can't make it the 25th. CommuterMan would like to avoid the 1st and Jeff P. is unsure about the 1st.

2) Running the auction - Roadkill can't run the auction this year, so we have 2 options - find someone who can pick up the equipment he has and learn how to run the auction software we've used in the past, or switch to a different type of auction software that doesn't require an auctioneer (for example, using the auction draft on our MFL site).

I think our owners at this point are:

1. roarlions (confirmed)
2. Jeff Pasquino (out for this season)
3. nittanylion (confirmed)
4. Philly Fanatics (confirmed)
5. Fear The Turtle (confirmed)
6. Go DC Yourself (confirmed)
7. CommuterMan (very likely)
8. pablito (confirmed)
9. renesauz (confirmed)
10. NY Philly Xpress (out for this season)
11. RickV (confirmed)

12. Jeff Lunn (XO Stars) (confirmed)

13. Charlie (The Reaper) (confirmed)

14. Jeff Black (2011 St. Louis Cardinals) (out this season)

15. Chris G. (confirmed)

16. Dave B. (confirmed)

17. Andy and Ronnie (confirmed)

Hopefully I got that right, let me know if there is anyone missing or anyone in that group who can't make it.

We need to decide which Sunday is best to hold the draft at the usual location and whether anyone can pick up the auction system we have used in the past and learn how to use it before the draft.

If anyone can't attend the draft on either Sunday Aug. 25th or Sunday Sept. 1st please post so we can finalize the date. The 25th would probably be best so we can avoid the holiday weekend but we will consider Sept. 1st if that is better for more owners.

Also post if you are willing to volunteer to pick up the auction equipment and learn how to run the software, or if you have experience with anothe type of auction software that would be easy for everyone to use on-line.

OK, let's plan for Sunday Sept. 1st, as long as that date is good for the fine people at GrillMarx restaurant. Just need now to get a final number of owners.

Updated my earlier post showing owners who are confirmed for Sunday, Sept. 1st. I count 10 confirmed with 4 maybes. We're planning to start the draft at 12:30 that afternoon.

If anyone else is interested in joining us please post here. We have room for at least 2 more teams, possibly more.

I may have an option for us regarding an auctioneer, using the Auction Software. Give me a few days to figure it out.

Jeff B. is almost definitely OUT, but I will keep checking...

I may have an option for us regarding an auctioneer, using the Auction Software. Give me a few days to figure it out.

Thanks Nittany, Fear the Turtle is also working on someone who may be able to run the auction software, so hopefully between the 2 of you we will have someone lined up to run the auction. Fear the Turtle is also probably going to sit on an auction next weekend to get up to speed on setting up and running the software.

Alright, looks like we are down to 10 confirmed. Bumping to see if we can get anyone else interested. We'd like to be at least 12 but even more would be better.

Checked with Fear the Turtle and he thinks we should use your option for auctioneer if it works out since his option is less than certain at this point.

We appear to be at 11 owners and holding. Still looking for 1 - 5 new owners, if interested please post here soon.

We've got a 13th Owner and Auctioneer all rolled into one. Dave Biddle. Played FF since mid 80's. Has several years experience with the Auction Software.

I'm still looking for more. I dropped a post into the ***Official*** Redskins Thread, to try to drum up some local interest...

FYI, if anyone is in the area and interested in dropping by, on Monday, August 26th around 6PM, there will be drafting going on at Grillmarx...one of the Owners, my buddy Eric, runs what many local folks consider to be the longest running FF League in the area. His Pike Fantasy Football League started in the late 80's based out of the bar at Houston's on Rockville Pike. 2 separate 12-Team Leagues who's Champions meet in the Finals. I jumped in in 1993. Not many changes over the years, and I'd say 80% of the Owners have been around since the 1st 5 or 6 years. Great group. Good Times. No openings, but if you're in the area, you're welcome to drop in for a while...

nittanylion said:
We've got a 13th Owner and Auctioneer all rolled into one. Dave Biddle. Played FF since mid 80's. Has several years experience with the Auction Software.
Excellent, thanks nittany.

Users who are viewing this thread